Guide to the Christmas Tree Formation: 4-3-2-1

Comments

• xciljw wrote: »
    xciljw wrote: »
    Tim86 wrote: »
    Someone used Messi as Striker in this formation? Or should I stick him RF with Benzema ST?

Stick him RF with Suarez as striker. Benz is the 2nd best alternative though

@edragosalexandru Probably what @Tim86 says here. Think Messi will be much better as RF.

Any instructions for him as RF?

No. Just let him be. Formation is great without instructions (except for CCM). Messi will shine.

I will give a try to this
    Neymar suarez Messi
    Vidal Iniesta Pogba
    Alaba Boateng Chiellini Lichstainer
    Leno

Do you think the middle too risky? I think to put Lcm as stay back and let Iniesta create

Or to change Lcm&Ccm position in game?
  • xciljw
    5083 posts Big Money Move
    Qon wrote: »
    This is the team I have atm, what do you think?

Reus - Auba - Douglas Costa
    Vidal - Gustavo - Pogba
    Alaba - Boateng - Chiellini - Lichtsteiner
    Leno

@Qon Excellent. Can always upgrade with Neuer, Lewan, Lahm and Robben later, though I can imagine you like the players as they are at this point.
  • xciljw
    Someone used Messi as Striker in this formation? Or should I stick him RF with Benzema ST?

@edragosalexandru Probably what @Tim86 says here. Think Messi will be much better as RF.

No. Just let him be. Formation is great without instructions (except for CCM). Messi will shine.

Neymar suarez Messi
    Vidal Iniesta Pogba
    Leno

Do you think the middle too risky? I think to put Lcm as stay back and let Iniesta create

I would try swapping positions ingame first. Idea of the midfield as described in the guide is completely opposite as the way you want to use it. You want to play double pivot (or the outer CMs back), while I always use it with the middle CM to stay back. He will still rush up the pitch quite often though.
  • Qon
    921 posts Professional
    Qon wrote: »
    This is the team I have atm, what do you think?

Reus - Auba - Douglas Costa
    Vidal - Gustavo - Pogba
    Alaba - Boateng - Chiellini - Lichtsteiner
    Leno

@Qon Excellent. Can always upgrade with Neuer, Lewan, Lahm and Robben later, though I can imagine you like the players as they are at this point.

Thanks! I had the coins to upgrade Leno or Marchisio, went for Pogba since I thought the impact on the overall performance would be higher.
  • xciljw wrote: »

Neymar suarez Messi
    Vidal Iniesta Pogba
    Leno

I would try swapping positions ingame first. Idea of the midfield as described in the guide is completely opposite as the way you want to use it. You want to play double pivot (or the outer CMs back), while I always use it with the middle CM to stay back. He will still rush up the pitch quite often though.

Then I should think about Busquets instead Iniesta though?
    I am afraid he will be too slow for the game
  • xciljw

Neymar suarez Messi
    Vidal Iniesta Pogba
    Leno

Then I should think about Busquets instead Iniesta though?
    I am afraid he will be too slow for the game

Just try Vidal - Iniesta - Pogba, pause it first time you get the ball and swap Vidal and Iniesta.
  • c0mrade_K_
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @xciljw
    Do you use 4321 formation ? Or you play only 433-5 and 41212-2 ?
  • xciljw
    c0mrade_K_ wrote: »
    @xciljw
    Do you use 4321 formation ? Or you play only 433-5 and 41212-2 ?

@c0mrade_K_
    I am playing all different kind of formations, just depends what I feel like going with and what works for me on a specific day. Most of the times it is 433-5, but 4321 as well and used 4411 a few days back and 4231 today. So it is all sorts of formations.
  • c0mrade_K_
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2016
    Del
    Post edited by c0mrade_K_ on
  • Johnnyk679
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone use their ST as either target man or get in behind. im using weah and idk which one to use
  • frostitute01
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    been using this

75/55
    60/40/60
    20/80/50

works quite good
  • Johnnyk679
    Johnnyk679 wrote: »
    Anyone use their ST as either target man or get in behind. im using weah and idk which one to use

What about having the 2 outside cm free roam? Any help is appreciated
  • xciljw
    @Johnnyk679
    Would prefer target man, but no instruction works fine as well. He will do both!
  • Johnnyk679
    @Johnnyk679
    Would prefer target man, but no instruction works fine as well. He will do both!

They both work well but then I tried no instruction and he fits in where he needs to and its amazing
  • xciljw

What about having the 2 outside cm free roam? Any help is appreciated

@Johnnyk679 Haven't tried it, but guess your midfield will be all over the place in that case. I would not do it. Does not really fit the formation.
  • BYourLord
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    I started with this formation few days ago, and I thinks it's pretty fun to play.. Last year I used to play with this formation and it was really awesome !

Can anyone tell me which one is the most balanced (and better of cours) ??
    http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/291980
    http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/291979

Or if you have any better suggestion please feel free to share
    Max budget: 650K (PS4)
  • Loke1
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hi @xciljw.

My team took at turn toward Spain with this set up. But than I need some advice again. How do I make this work? What would you have done with this?

6ddf0e7d4b8e1ce3ce47954940680655.png
  • xciljw
    BYourLord wrote: »
    I started with this formation few days ago, and I thinks it's pretty fun to play.. Last year I used to play with this formation and it was really awesome !

Can anyone tell me which one is the most balanced (and better of cours) ??
    http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/291980
    http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/291979

Or if you have any better suggestion please feel free to share
    Max budget: 650K (PS4)

@BYourLord I like the team with Neymar - Benzema - Robben more. Would use Boateng and Diekmeier instead of Terry and Walker.

If you want new suggestions: try combinations with LB-LCB-LCM and RB-RCB-RCM. So Alaba - Boateng - Vidal is a very good suggestion, or Marcelo - Ramos - Modric. On the other side Abate - Chiellini - Pogba is decent or Aurier - Thiago Silva - Matuidi.

CM-LF-RF-ST is hard though. IF Castro - Reus - Lewandowski - Robben is a possibility there.
  • xciljw
    Loke1 wrote: »
    Hi @xciljw.

My team took at turn toward Spain with this set up. But than I need some advice again. How do I make this work? What would you have done with this?

6ddf0e7d4b8e1ce3ce47954940680655.png

@Loke1

The team looks excellent. Maybe not full chem but it has high quality players. I guess I would just sit it out and wait till it starts working. Just play calm, don't overrush things and just make sure you play to the basics. It should have nothing to do with the team or formation, especially if it was working before. Most important is being aware of what you are exactly doing when things are not going the right way.
  • Justin7
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @xciljw could you make me a team around Messi with 270k on Xbox please? Or would I be best off selling him as well and getting a better team like a bundesliga one or something?
  • http://futbin.com/16/squad/301102

I'm pretty happy with this team. Currently Div 2. Trying to reach Div 1. Problem with Serie A is Attack. And with Neymar and Suarez that is solved. You can't imagine how much I've enjoyed playing with this lads. Just upgraded to Barzagli (from the NIF) and Pogba (Keep SIF Hamsik) on my bench. Usually substitute Allan for him or De Rossi in second half depending on the score
  • WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Got if sturridge, if Henderson and 200k how would u complete the squad please
  • JamesoLFC
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2016
    could you build me team please with 1.1mill.
    Don't really want a Liga BBVA team.

Thanks

No need to worry i just built one
    Post edited by JamesoLFC on
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    Great formation although I set my front 3 to get in behind, defensively it's not the best but I find having a fast central cm helps.
    Mainly though I just try and outscore my opponent
  • TNeves95
    1217 posts Professional
    Great guide, mate!

Do you think Lahm would work as CCM? He would be better for chemistry in my squad.
  • SSS
    435 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm going to try a new forward line. The only one I've really clicked with so far is Reus -Auba-Robben but can't settle on a second team. How do you think either of the below would work? Any you'd suggest instead for similar value (I didn't do well with Neymar).

SIF Kono - SIF Griezmann - Bale
    Or
    SIF Kono - Benzema - SIF Griezmann
  • xciljw
    Justin7 wrote: »
    @xciljw could you make me a team around Messi with 270k on Xbox please? Or would I be best off selling him as well and getting a better team like a bundesliga one or something?

@Justin7 If you want to have a balanced team you are better of selling him, but as he is still Messi I can imagine you would like to keep him and save for the players around him Let me know what you want out of the 2 options. ;)
  • xciljw
    http://http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/301102

I'm pretty happy with this team. Currently Div 2. Trying to reach Div 1. Problem with Serie A is Attack. And with Neymar and Suarez that is solved. You can't imagine how much I've enjoyed playing with this lads. Just upgraded to Barzagli (from the NIF) and Pogba (Keep SIF Hamsik) on my bench. Usually substitute Allan for him or De Rossi in second half depending on the score

@Ferchogonzalez Good to hear you enjoy it! :)
  • xciljw
    WHU18 wrote: »
    Got if sturridge, if Henderson and 200k how would u complete the squad please

@WHU18

9b2a36f1a04a09b78f2bb12cf6762816.jpg

Let me know what you think of it. ;)