OT: Anyone play any instruments

Nakamura
4961 posts Big Money Move
Hi lads welcome to nakamuras off topic series where I ask XBCC thought provoking questions every Friday night, today I ask if you've ever played any musical instruments. Myself I used to play like a mini trumpet when I was like 10 or something but gave it up because it was a bit borin yknow then was I was like 13 I started playing a little bit of guitar but gave that up as well as I soon discovered games consoles. Might get back into it soon and if anyone knows any decent guitar sites can you link them in the thread please as I want to have a look and see if I like any. If not you can tell me what you've played or would like to play, cheers.

Comments

• Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    I was able to play the plastic guitar pretty well back in the day
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14060 posts Has That Special Something
    played steel pans very well a few years ago
  • Jordje58
    2546 posts Fans' Favourite
    started playing harmonica today ..will take some practice..college is stressfull so i needed an instrument
  • ScouserChris
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    i use to have a midi keyboard i use to be able to play a few things when i was producing my own music like but thats about it.
  • Nakamura
    i use to have a midi keyboard i use to be able to play a few things when i was producing my own music like but thats about it.

ah yes the keyboard, used to be able to play some nice tunes on that back in the day.
  • krakos000
    17477 posts World Class
    I played guitar for a while in a garage band with some friends. Then switched to drums with the same band. We played all of about 3 shows (2 house shows, one legit show at a cafe) lol we made 40 bucks for the cafe one :D
  • WFCBagnall
    70508 posts Moderator
    Nakamura wrote: »

ah yes the keyboard, used to be able to play some nice tunes on that back in the day.

DJ DDDDJ DDDDJJJJJJJJJJ :D
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    I used to play the trumpet in middle school.

And who could forget this magical instrument. Lol

00175043.jpg
    I mastered hot cross buns on that thing in under a week, I was pretty proud of myself. :D
  • ScouserChris

ah yes the keyboard, used to be able to play some nice tunes on that back in the day.[/quote

https://soundcloud.com/kryptonitemusic

rather old sh*t tunes i made, sounded ok back then hahaha
  • Nakamura
    edited February 2016
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

DJ DDDDJ DDDDJJJJJJJJJJ :D

they call me the calvin harris protégé.
  • Fab
    17870 posts World Class
    i approve thread

i myself i play the lead guitar and my pal pat plays the drums but i bought it in a physical store soz pal
  • Nakamura
    Fab wrote: »
    i approve thread

i myself i play the lead guitar and my pal pat plays the drums but i bought it in a physical store soz pal

cool stuff pal, did you not get the fab reference at the start though? :s
  • Fab
    17870 posts World Class
    i approve thread

cool stuff pal, did you not get the fab reference at the start though? :s

i did pal or i wouldntve approved no worries
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    I used to play Banjo, string kept snapping tho...
  • ScouserChris

:joy:

was waiting for this one.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up

:joy:

was waiting for this one.

So was I haha
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    I used to play guitar in a Slayer/Sepultura/Pantera covers band named Besieged, and then changed our name to Cries of Many and started writing hardcore/punk type songs.

Didn't last long, though we were good, haven't picked up a guitar since college, probably couldn't even do the riff to the heavy part of Metallica's One anymore :D
  • Fab
    17870 posts World Class
    bump 4 fab ref
  • Richard
    11447 posts Has That Special Something
    I can play the piano and guitar.
  • Peter69hc
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    i approve thread

Glad you approved it.

I haven't learned any musical instruments except the computer. No need for instruments
  • newts15
    475 posts Sunday League Hero
    Does Guitar Hero count? Rock Band? DJ Hero?
  • La flama blanca
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    played steel pans very well a few years ago

Id love some steel pans.
    I brought a keyboard of eBay a year or so ago for a quid lol. I felt bad when I went to pick it up off the guy. It's only an old Yamaha but still worth way more than a pound. I can't really play it but I learn the odd little thing. I can play the Tetris theme tune. Just learned little things like axle f and still dre and stuff like that