Guide to the False 9 formation: 4-3-3 (5) - by Carswell and Xciljw

Comments

• xciljw
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    @Advait Last night for the FIFA Forums Intercontintel League on XCC I have been playing @Carswell in the final. So we got a little false 9 vs false 9 final. I streamed it and uploaded it for you. Video is below. Sorry about lag in the first game, second is much better. Blame my pc. :#

Note: the concept of FFIL is about fair play, so we left out all the sweaty things that you can do. Hope you like it though and it gives you a rough idea what you can do with F9.

• xciljw
    I want try the formation.
    Question as I have the trio Neymar Suarez Messi
    Should I use Messi CF and transform Suarez as LCM to link Neymar or stay with Suarez CF and Messi RW?
    Thanks

Dont make suarez a cm. Keep messi on the right wing and suarez on the middle or sell suarez put messi in the middle and buy bale or robben. Its up to you but dont make suarez a cm haha his finishing will be ruined on that position.

@edragosalexandru I agree with @Dutchcaliber here. Just stick with Suarez F9, Neymar LW and Messi RW.
  • Antparry92
    19236 posts World Class
    TIF Hig as a CF? think it'd work?
  • xciljw
    Antparry92 wrote: »

@Antparry92 Shooting wise he is really good. Has enough pace, some strength to keep defenders off him. Dribbling looks really good as well, but I am afraid low balance and agility will hurt his dribbling ability. And his passing could have been little better. Think he suits better as ST, but you can always give him a try at CF. Could still be decent.
  • Antparry92
    19236 posts World Class
    xciljw wrote: »

@Antparry92 Shooting wise he is really good. Has enough pace, some strength to keep defenders off him. Dribbling looks really good as well, but I am afraid low balance and agility will hurt his dribbling ability. And his passing could have been little better. Think he suits better as ST, but you can always give him a try at CF. Could still be decent.

Balance and agility is one of my main things I look for when it comes to dribblers. His other stats look perfect for it, but they were the two stats putting me off. Dribbling felt clunky last time I used him, but I've already bought him again so have to use him.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    @xciljw thanks for posting this mate. Will watch in a bit :)
  • BackDaddy
    3281 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2016

Balance and agility is one of my main things I look for when it comes to dribblers. His other stats look perfect for it, but they were the two stats putting me off. Dribbling felt clunky last time I used him, but I've already bought him again so have to use him.

Hey @Antparry92 I've been persisting with him for a couple of weekends and ye just isn't quite right for the job imo. He is good at holding the ball up and passing back but I can't get a good turn out of him to run through on goal or take on a defender when he starts with his back to him. I always seem to struggle with h/m workrates also.
    I'll keep him and see how he feels after upgrades but If perisic>all
  • Antparry92
    19236 posts World Class
    BackDaddy wrote: »

Hey @Antparry92 I've been persisting with him for a couple of weekends and ye just isn't quite right for the job imo. He is good at holding the ball up and passing back but I can't get a good turn out of him to run through on goal or take on a defender when he starts with his back to him. I always seem to struggle with h/m workrates also.

If perisic>

Had IF Perisic in my Inter collection so doesn't move out of there haha
    Will just use Hig in another form instead :)
  • nextqprmanager
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    xciljw, I enjoyed the vid except lag - good games
  • xciljw

@nextqprmanager I already said it was bad. Is my old PC. Was wireless conncected to my Xbox and then had to stream it, so I knew it would be a little laggy anyway + the PC can't really handle it anymore :# Second game was much easier to watch then first. Thought I would upload it anyway. Didn't have that amount of lag ingame btw, ingame was fine.
  • nextqprmanager

@nextqprmanager I already said it was bad. Is my old PC. Was wireless conncected to my Xbox and then had to stream it, so I knew it would be a little laggy anyway + the PC can't really handle it anymore :# Second game was much easier to watch then first. Thought I would upload it anyway. Didn't have that amount of lag ingame btw, ingame was fine.

xciljw, not complaining - good that it was ok in game
    felt you were the more dominant player - just an obserservation though - you didnt seem to use Bale much?
  • xciljw

felt you were the more dominant player - just an obserservation though - you didnt seem to use Bale much?

First game I definitely was more dominant, have not really seen it back yet but that was the feeling I had. Second game Carswell was much and much better, but I had the luck of a comfortable lead. All I really do with my wingers in those FFIL games is give them the ball, cut in and pass it back into midfield, so you could be right that I didn't use Bale much. Don't really want to run across the line or anything but just play nice combinations through the midfield in a friendly tournament (even though it was the final). But when I am playing Seasons I am using him much more, making more runs, trying more skills to get past players. But I must admit he is my least favourite player on the team I use, just because he has a hard time to control the ball and is not as fast as his pace suggests.
  • nextqprmanager

First game I definitely was more dominant, have not really seen it back yet but that was the feeling I had. Second game Carswell was much and much better, but I had the luck of a comfortable lead. All I really do with my wingers in those FFIL games is give them the ball, cut in and pass it back into midfield, so you could be right that I didn't use Bale much. Don't really want to run across the line or anything but just play nice combinations through the midfield in a friendly tournament (even though it was the final). But when I am playing Seasons I am using him much more, making more runs, trying more skills to get past players. But I must admit he is my least favourite player on the team I use, just because he has a hard time to control the ball and is not as fast as his pace suggests.

That`s interesting because Bale is I think has the highest in game stats for a NIF attacker !
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Hey mate how's this look for a cheap team? http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/277730
  • Carswell
    8405 posts League Winner
    Advait wrote: »
    Hey mate how's this look for a cheap team? http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/277730

Looks solid. I would imagine it would work well.

@xciljw Could you post these as my custom tactics in the OP, I have switched them up a bit.

70-30-FF
    60-20-70-FF
    65-55-55-Cover

• xciljw
    @Carswell Remember you telling me something about chaging your custom tactics earlier. When I asked you what the chances exactly were you never really responded haha. But changed it for you. ;)
  • Carswell
    8405 posts League Winner
    @Carswell Remember you telling me something about chaging your custom tactics earlier. When I asked you what the chances exactly were you never really responded haha. But changed it for you. ;)

Yeah I hadn't finalized them. I'll post my updated teams soon too if you could change them
    I'd appreciate it.

• xciljw
    Carswell wrote: »

Yeah I hadn't finalized them. I'll post my updated teams soon too if you could change them
    I'd appreciate it.

Sure bud.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    Any tiki taka sample squads guys? With affordable wingers (no hazard,neymar/robben bale)
  • Lightsapo
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A 200k team on PS4?
  • NicklasFreier
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited February 2016
    Hey @xciljw & @Carswell!
    First of all, very nice guide!
    I'm looking into converting my 2 current 4-2-3-1(2) teams into 2 teams of this formation..
    What I have in mind so far is this two teams:
    15g86j8.jpg
    &
    szwexc.jpg
    How do they look? Is the midfield to offensive? or can I maybe work it out with PI's?(which PI's) As I really like those players in my midfield :3
    Anything you would suggest me to change along the way? :-)
    Post edited by NicklasFreier on
  • Carswell
    8405 posts League Winner
    edited February 2016
    @Smoothino League preference? Budget?
    @Lightsapo League preference?
    @NicklasFreier Look very good. CDM: stay back, free roam on the RCM & LCM, that's about all I use in my midfield as far as instructions go.
  • Kove
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    Between this thread and Benz's one I have stopped using a classic 9, switched to a couple of cheap false 9 teams (Di Natale serie a team, and a modified version of Xciljw turkish league team) which I will swap out for something higher rated later.

This has allowed me to playing to my strengths and not forcing things, scoring a few crackers, winning well as a result and enjoying the game again. Cheers lads!
  • Lightsapo
    @Carswell not Serie A.
    Hybrid if possible.
    I'm not a good skiller.

• Arno42
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Arno42 wrote: »
    I have 7M for the moment.. i search very good team for play and upgrade after lot matchs and AR^^

@Arno42

4e002107bc8a4557d41e3ab9d408a452.jpg

Just under 6.9M
    I Hate this goal .. i'm loos all my games with him :(

• wgr8dd25.jpg
    After Reading Both f9 threads i built this Team to Test 433(5)
    Any improvments?
    Btw THe Team plays really nice
  • Carswell
    8405 posts League Winner
    @Kove Glad you're enjoying it man. Such a strong formation. It's balanced, great for passing and smart play.

@Lightsapo http://www.futhead.com/squad-builder/jeZD1E0rCL20msLw0tLPx0xU1o0OU1x0OTPi0uH1e0tU1e0VB1M02sPj/ what do you think of that?

@d-Leon307-b Looks great. Reus is a good CF. I would get UP Gundogan. Also I found Pisczek
    MUCH better than Diekmaier.
  • Lightsapo
    @Kove Glad you're enjoying it man. Such a strong formation. It's balanced, great for passing and smart play.

@Lightsapo http://www.futhead.com/squad-builder/jeZD1E0rCL20msLw0tLPx0xU1o0OU1x0OTPi0uH1e0tU1e0VB1M02sPj/ what do you think of that?

@d-Leon307-b Looks great. Reus is a good CF. I would get UP Gundogan. Also I found Pisczek

Ehm @Carswell ... blank page?
  • Carswell
    8405 posts League Winner
    Lightsapo wrote: »

Ehm @Carswell ... blank page?

Ahh crap. I'll fix it hold on.