Guide to the Christmas Tree Formation: 4-3-2-1

Comments

• DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Show me a ligue 1 team? I can hybrid but serie a is my other team
  • Any custom tactics to this formation???
  • Will give this a go, been struggling recently trying to find a formation to stick with!
  • A Very Pretty Man
    1711 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2016
    So I got 520k (xbone) to finish this, what would you?
    pitch-1364553.jpg

went with Nedved, Ibra, Di Maria (7 chem at CF), and Verrati
    Post edited by A Very Pretty Man on
  • Amargaladaster26
    9865 posts Has That Special Something
    Any custom tactics?
  • unklej
    1136 posts Professional
    Awful Awful formation. Completely all over the place.
  • Deko2908
    65 posts Park Captain
    some improvement????

r7Audfr.png
  • onlyPaX
    39 posts Park Captain
    Who would you suggest Messi or Ronaldo as ST in 4321 Formation? Price difference and Heading can be overlooked. Thanks.
  • Barslund
    4651 posts National Call-Up
    Seeing a lot of people winning div. 1 with this formation recently. Can't figure out what is key to the best midfield...
  • Claicon
    2308 posts Fans' Favourite
    Barslund wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of people winning div. 1 with this formation recently. Can't figure out what is key to the best midfield...

Mine is this one:
    LCM - box-to-box midfielder with H/H workrates like Vidal, Marchisio.
    CCM - someone with good height, good workrates (M/H) to tell him stay back.
    RCM - attacking midfielder with H/M workrates and very good dribbling like Modric

This is my key for the best midfield (you can change LCM/RCM obviously :D)
  • SSS
    434 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Allocation of coins question (all NIF):

Neymar - Suarez - Bale (or Robben)

Or

Dybala - Tevez - Messi

Thanks.
  • xciljw
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    red2mik wrote: »
    Great guide thank you very much for your effort and sharing!!! Never used the Christmas tree but will give it a shot now!
    I've two teams to go with:

first:
    http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/8033683/

second:
    http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/8034292/

Thing is I'm not really sure about the set-up of the central midfield in both the teams. don't know if these players gonna work or if the work rates are not good.

Any thoughts?

@red2mik Workrates are good. Just don't think Cazorla and Kroos really suit. Kroos is too slow for a dynamic midfield and Cazorla too offensive minded (lacks defensive qualities).
  • xciljw
    xciljw wrote: »
    Hello i urgently need help!

This is my team, and i play 9 games and no goal with Lewandowski TIF!
    I play in League 4.

futhead.com/16/squads/7805917/

Whats my Problem, which instructions, which tactics i should try with the team (especially the Midfield and the storm)?

Hope somebody can help me...

@jackson_1972 Goals with Lewandowski will come. He was one of the best finishers in game for me when I used him. I would use Reus over Douglas Costa IF btw, because he has better shooting.

I don't really know what your problem is as I have not seen any gameplay of you. The instructions to use are only telling the CCM to stay back while attacking. The rest are default instructions. No custom tactics.

Anyway, Lewandowski not scoring is not necessarily bad. He is swapping positions quite often with the LF and RF in this formation. It could be that they are the players getting in the scoring opportunity and that Lewandowski has a great role in getting them in that position.

What means no custom tactics?

You MUST play with a tactic?
    Then what is preset in your tactic?
    Can you tell me this?

And you dont need any instructions?

Well often people ask for custom tactics, which you can enter in Team Management. Thought that is what you asked for, so I don't use them for this formation. Though my false 9 CT seem to work well in this formation according to a few that tested it.

And don't think instructions in this formation are needed. Just let the players be and it will make them play better.

then you play with your favorite team , favorite team and the preset tactics ?
    With offside ?

Or what is your False 9 CT?
    Can you tell me please.

False 9 CT is:

70, 55, Organized
    60, 25, 60, Free Form
    75, 65, 52, Cover
  • xciljw
    Does anyone else play like me with a strong physical striker?

My front 3 is Hero wijnaldum IF Mitovic Shaqiri.

I have tried lots of other combos and this is just deadly 30+ games with this and they are all there or there about 30goals each.

I don't consider myself a great player by any means.

@Bilbao_Baggins I prefer an allround striker, so that requires some strength as well. So it ain't just you. :wink:
  • xciljw
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    @xciljw who would be the best cdm in the Bundesliga to use? Currently have Gustavo.

@gresh1978 Either Gustavo or Lahm.
  • xciljw
    unklej wrote: »
    Tried this formation. It was awful. The opponent just runs at you for 90 minutes, it's horrible.

@unklej Formations don't suit everybody of course. Bet there are formations out there you like and I absolutely hate them. :#
  • xciljw
    Any custom tactics to this formation???

@philmama0003 No
  • xciljw
    Show me a ligue 1 team? I can hybrid but serie a is my other team

@DtGodmage22 Budget? Console?
  • xciljw
    So I got 520k (xbone) to finish this, what would you?
    pitch-1364553.jpg

went with Nedved, Ibra, Di Maria (7 chem at CF), and Verrati

@A Very Pretty Man Very nice solution to this team. Hope you enjoy it!
  • xciljw
    Any custom tactics?

@Amargaladaster26 Nope, sorry mate.
  • xciljw
    Deko2908 wrote: »
    some improvement????

r7Audfr.png

@Deko2908 Swap Marchisio and Vidal around in midfield, go Alaba and Boateng as LB/CB combo and go Chiellini, Abate on right of defense. Neuer in goal.
  • xciljw
    onlyPaX wrote: »
    Who would you suggest Messi or Ronaldo as ST in 4321 Formation? Price difference and Heading can be overlooked. Thanks.

@onlyPaX Ronaldo because he is stronger then Messi. Easier to beat defenders that way.
  • xciljw
    Claicon wrote: »
    Barslund wrote: »

Mine is this one:
    LCM - box-to-box midfielder with H/H workrates like Vidal, Marchisio.
    CCM - someone with good height, good workrates (M/H) to tell him stay back.
    RCM - attacking midfielder with H/M workrates and very good dribbling like Modric

This is my key for the best midfield (you can change LCM/RCM obviously :D)

@Barslund @Claicon Same for me. LCM/RCM either H/H, H/M or M/M and prefer the M/H in the mid (though M/M and H/H can do the job there). If you want 3 box-to-box players could even work.
  • xciljw
    edited February 2016
    SSS wrote: »
    Allocation of coins question (all NIF):

Neymar - Suarez - Bale (or Robben)

Or

Dybala - Tevez - Messi

Thanks.

@SSS Neymar - Suarez - Bale for me.
  • Someone used Messi as Striker in this formation? Or should I stick him RF with Benzema ST?
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Someone used Messi as Striker in this formation? Or should I stick him RF with Benzema ST?

Stick him RF with Suarez as striker. Benz is the 2nd best alternative though
  • xciljw
    Tim86 wrote: »
    Someone used Messi as Striker in this formation? Or should I stick him RF with Benzema ST?

@edragosalexandru Probably what @Tim86 says here. Think Messi will be much better as RF.
  • xciljw wrote: »

@edragosalexandru Probably what @Tim86 says here. Think Messi will be much better as RF.

Any instructions for him as RF?
  • xciljw

Any instructions for him as RF?

No. Just let him be. Formation is great without instructions (except for CCM). Messi will shine.
  • Qon
    913 posts Professional
    This is the team I have atm, what do you think?

Reus - Auba - Douglas Costa
    Vidal - Gustavo - Pogba
    Alaba - Boateng - Chiellini - Lichtsteiner
    Leno