gervinho and guarin officially moved to china

Comments

• prankyle
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dan25 wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »
    nuts, imagine going to that league when your as good as these guys are. But then I think I'd go if they were willing to (in all likely hood) x3 their wages.. none of them are in the same level as Ronaldo, Messi etc but these moves will make sure they are paid like them!

It is madness. Its a shame how the game is all about money.

I can honestly say if I was good enough to play professionally for one of the big teams, I'd play for the wage I'm on now. It wouldn't be about the money.

For my team Man Utd, I'd play for free!

No you wouldn't. These players have a career life span of maximum 20 years(18-38). And since they are not Ronaldo or messi, their golden age is probably 5-8 years with the highest pay. Imagine you need to earn enough money for the rest of your life. Not many of them would become successful coach after their career.

Imagine having a very good job which you can work for 30-40 years with a salary of 100k per year and compare it with the players in the top league but not top notch you will see their point of going to china
  • Gromit
    4728 posts National Call-Up
    lordcanja wrote: »
    nuts, imagine going to that league when your as good as these guys are. But then I think I'd go if they were willing to (in all likely hood) x3 their wages.. none of them are in the same level as Ronaldo, Messi etc but these moves will make sure they are paid like them!

I can honestly say if I was good enough to play professionally for one of the big teams, I'd play for the wage I'm on now. It wouldn't be about the money.

Ofcourse you would

Yes, of course I would. It'd be a dream.

Its a dream when you're NOT a footballer. But when you've spent your life working towards it then clearly your goals are different.

It is a job, and fans forget that. The Everton fans that were so bitter at Rooney joining Man Utd are a perfect example. He improved his position in every respect, medals, money, records broken, status etc. We can't knock players for moving for success or money. We'd all leave our employer if the money was better or the career opportunities were.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    Wish MLS could have got these guys if they are gonna leave Europe.

The reason they're leaving is money. There's no money in the MLS. It will always be a mickey mouse league with their "Americanized" rules.

Wut

Plus MLS overpays plenty. I think you are stuck in 1999

IIRC Giovinco's contract had him earning more in MLS than any Serie A player. He's an outlier, but top signings from European clubs get paid here.
  • Lobatoo__96
    83 posts Park Captain
    prankyle wrote: »

No you wouldn't. These players have a career life span of maximum 20 years(18-38). And since they are not Ronaldo or messi, their golden age is probably 5-8 years with the highest pay. Imagine you need to earn enough money for the rest of your life. Not many of them would become successful coach after their career.

Imagine having a very good job which you can work for 30-40 years with a salary of 100k per year and compare it with the players in the top league but not top notch you will see their point of going to china

This.

You can't blame them for earning as much money as they can with their job.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    bear wrote: »

It looks like a dream, but once you make it, it becomes a job. At which point your goal becomes to make the most money you possibly can, because in an instant with one tackle or bad landing your body becomes totally useless to the people responsible for employing you. Then poof, dream over and no money left to pay for the life you've come to enjoy living.

Yeah for a career that lasts...for most...about fifteen years your priority needs to be maximizing income during your peak earning years.

Saying you'd do otherwise is easy from the comfort of your couch...always easy to say what you'd choose when you'll never have to make that choice.
  • Dan25
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lol love the people trying to tell me what I would and wouldn't do over the internet :lol:

I said I'd play for Man Utd for free.

I wasn't comparing myself to the likes of Ramires, Gervinho and Guarin's circumstances as professional football players. Every professional footballer is in it for the money.

I was just making a point that the likes of Asamoah Gyan plays in the Chinese League and earns around £270,000 per week and its ridiculous.

As a fan looking in, Man Utd wouldn't have to pay me for playing in front of 80,000 people week in week out and playing in the PL, Champions League (if we're lucky), FA cup etc. . I'd give my left b0llock to play in a Man Utd team and score a 90th minute winner at Anfield for example.

However, as it stands, I'm not a professional football player but I await any contract offer that comes my way from LVG and or Ed Woodward :lol: