Guide to the Christmas Tree Formation: 4-3-2-1

Comments

• xciljw wrote: »
    Hello i urgently need help!

This is my team, and i play 9 games and no goal with Lewandowski TIF!
    I play in League 4.

futhead.com/16/squads/7805917/

Whats my Problem, which instructions, which tactics i should try with the team (especially the Midfield and the storm)?

Hope somebody can help me...

@jackson_1972 Goals with Lewandowski will come. He was one of the best finishers in game for me when I used him. I would use Reus over Douglas Costa IF btw, because he has better shooting.

I don't really know what your problem is as I have not seen any gameplay of you. The instructions to use are only telling the CCM to stay back while attacking. The rest are default instructions. No custom tactics.

Anyway, Lewandowski not scoring is not necessarily bad. He is swapping positions quite often with the LF and RF in this formation. It could be that they are the players getting in the scoring opportunity and that Lewandowski has a great role in getting them in that position.

What means no custom tactics?

You MUST play with a tactic?
    Then what is preset in your tactic?
    Can you tell me this?

And you dont need any instructions?

Any help?
  • Loke1
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2016
    Hi @xciljw

I am getting a little bored with my team. If you would change anything in my set up, what would it be?

Edit: For some reason the Gyazo app does not work anymore. Sorry about that. Here is my team with the link:

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/3997093/

Post edited by Loke1 on
  • JamesoLFC
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thoughts on this team?
    futhead.com/16/squads/7968232/
  • omer301
    74 posts Park Captain
    Thoughts on this team?

pitch-1261663.jpg
  • EisenErmin
    9397 posts League Winner
    Whatever i try i cannot get Ibrahimovic MOTM get going in this formation. He just doesnt work five games in a row and then he scores 5 goals in one game. I have never had a streak of some games with Ibra performing well.

I have tried so may players around him: Di Maria SIF, Lavezzi, Lucas (all for chemistry reasons) and Lacazette, Nani, Sterling SIF, Reus, Konoplyanka, Cuadrado, Ribery, Aubameyang + ....

Any thoughts?
  • Wenger
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Thiago or Gundogan as lcm? Ccm is vidal and rcm is toty modric.

Thanks in advance
  • Sir Linvoy of Frattonshire
    2873 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2016
    Can 2 H/M outer CM's work as long as the CCM has a high defensive work rate?
  • gresh1978
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can anyone show me a good cheap team to try this formation out with please?
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    I used TOTY Iniesta and KDB either side of Fernandinho and it was fine, as long as your defence is solid and you run back with the midfield it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
    Won a tournament last night with that midfield in my team. (3 half time rage quits and won the final 6-3, scored 15 goals, conceded 3) :)
  • gresh1978
    What other Bundesliga striker could I use instead of Lewandowski as I don't have the coins for him?
  • Pedroninho2015
    508 posts Sunday League Hero
    xciljw ; best serie a for you? or hybrid with sif dybala please? :)
  • xciljw
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    xciljw wrote: »

I play in League 4.

Whats my Problem, which instructions, which tactics i should try with the team (especially the Midfield and the storm)?

@jackson_1972 Goals with Lewandowski will come. He was one of the best finishers in game for me when I used him. I would use Reus over Douglas Costa IF btw, because he has better shooting.

I don't really know what your problem is as I have not seen any gameplay of you. The instructions to use are only telling the CCM to stay back while attacking. The rest are default instructions. No custom tactics.

Anyway, Lewandowski not scoring is not necessarily bad. He is swapping positions quite often with the LF and RF in this formation. It could be that they are the players getting in the scoring opportunity and that Lewandowski has a great role in getting them in that position.

Can you tell me this?

Well often people ask for custom tactics, which you can enter in Team Management. Thought that is what you asked for, so I don't use them for this formation. Though my false 9 CT seem to work well in this formation according to a few that tested it.

And don't think instructions in this formation are needed. Just let the players be and it will make them play better.
  • xciljw
    RACharlsie wrote: »
    Would a midfield trio of Vidal-Modric-Pogba work?

Rest of the team is:

Neuer
    Lichtsteiner-Chiellini-Boateng-Alaba
    Pogba-Modric-Vidal
    Bale-Benzema-Ronaldo

I used to have a solid CDM in the centre but I found it to be useless as he kept going forward anyway and hardly ever get back even with instructions

@RACharlsie It seems a little attacking minded to me, but they got the defensive qualities for it. Just hope workrates ain't a problem.
  • xciljw
    Loke1 wrote: »
    Hi @xciljw

I am getting a little bored with my team. If you would change anything in my set up, what would it be?

Edit: For some reason the Gyazo app does not work anymore. Sorry about that. Here is my team with the link:

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/3997093/

@Loke1 Possibly Vidal as CCM and IF Castro LCM. Or just replacing Lahm by a legend if you are on Xbox. But rest of the team is the best NIFs you can get. So either one of those two suggestions or start upgrading with IFs.
  • xciljw
    JamesoLFC wrote: »
    Thoughts on this team?
    futhead.com/16/squads/7968232/

@JamesoLFC Defensively extremely solid. Would start saving for someone like SIF Di Maria so you can move Lacazette to the left to replace Ntep. Rest looks fun. Have used SIF Aurier, TOTY Silva and SIF Ruffier (FIFA 15) myself and it was extremely fun to use. I disagree with lots of people that expensive players need to be up front. It doesn't matter where the budget goes as long as you got the best team possible out there.
  • xciljw
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Whatever i try i cannot get Ibrahimovic MOTM get going in this formation. He just doesnt work five games in a row and then he scores 5 goals in one game. I have never had a streak of some games with Ibra performing well.

I have tried so may players around him: Di Maria SIF, Lavezzi, Lucas (all for chemistry reasons) and Lacazette, Nani, Sterling SIF, Reus, Konoplyanka, Cuadrado, Ribery, Aubameyang + ....

Any thoughts?

@EisenErmin He might be a fun player to use because hs is so good, but if you struggle performing with him: is he the player that fits your play style? You need to think about that. What do you want of the ST and which player can fulfill that role the best. Can't really give you another advice for that as I don't know how you try to utilize the striker.
  • xciljw
    Wenger wrote: »
    Thiago or Gundogan as lcm? Ccm is vidal and rcm is toty modric.

Thanks in advance

@Wenger Gundogan.
  • xciljw

@Sir Linvoy of Frattonshire Definitely.
  • xciljw
    edited January 2016
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    Can anyone show me a good cheap team to try this formation out with please?

@gresh1978 There is quite a few cheap ones in the topic I built for people with low budget. I suggest you look at some pages first, because I am not sure of your budget. You might find something you like.

gresh1978 wrote: »
    What other Bundesliga striker could I use instead of Lewandowski as I don't have the coins for him?

Aubameyang
  • red2mik
    447 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great guide thank you very much for your effort and sharing!!! Never used the Christmas tree but will give it a shot now!
    I've two teams to go with:

first:
    http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/8033683/

second:
    http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/8034292/

Thing is I'm not really sure about the set-up of the central midfield in both the teams. don't know if these players gonna work or if the work rates are not good.

Any thoughts?
  • jackson_1972
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2016

I play in League 4.

Can you tell me this?

Well often people ask for custom tactics, which you can enter in Team Management. Thought that is what you asked for, so I don't use them for this formation. Though my false 9 CT seem to work well in this formation according to a few that tested it.

And don't think instructions in this formation are needed. Just let the players be and it will make them play better.

then you play with your favorite team , favorite team and the preset tactics ?
    With offside ?

Or what is your False 9 CT?
    Can you tell me please.
  • p0tst1ck3r
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    8517a5f075.jpg

Hilariously fun team.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3976 posts National Call-Up
    Does anyone else play like me with a strong physical striker?

My front 3 is Hero wijnaldum IF Mitovic Shaqiri.

I have tried lots of other combos and this is just deadly 30+ games with this and they are all there or there about 30goals each.

I don't consider myself a great player by any means.
  • gresh1978
    @xciljw who would be the best cdm in the Bundesliga to use? Currently have Gustavo.
  • This formation has really started to click for me again, the Vidal, Pogba, and Yaya midfield works great. I wish there were a few workrates tweaks that I could make, but I can deal with it most of the time. My second team with Hazard, Aguero, and Sanchez works very well too.
  • unklej
    1136 posts Professional
    Tried this formation. It was awful. The opponent just runs at you for 90 minutes, it's horrible.
  • Wenger
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Have a question for all div 1 guys,

Got Promoted to div 1 a couple of weeks ago, i can hold my ground there but struggle in winning it.

I think the Problem are my front 3. They are:
    sif Sanchez- toty neymar- messi

Toty neymar at striker cant hold the ball that well, against very Good opponents this is often my downfall!

Im thinking of selling Messi, switch neymar to rf and get sif suarez for the st position.

What are your thoughts on that? I would lose messi but maybe suarez is the missing piece of the Puzzle?!

( sif Sanchez has to stay in the Squad - i Really love hin)

Thanks for all suggestions!
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite

I have tried lots of other combos and this is just deadly 30+ games with this and they are all there or there about 30goals each.

For me it's a must have yes. Suarez still fits, but for me it would never work with a guy like Aguero (or Neymar, as in the post above)

Benzema and Suarez are great in this formation.
  • Wenger
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Tim86 wrote: »

For me it's a must have yes. Suarez still fits, but for me it would never work with a guy like Aguero (or Neymar, as in the post above)

So in your oppinion i should go for sif suarez instead of Messi?!
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wenger wrote: »
    Tim86 wrote: »

So in your oppinion i should go for sif suarez instead of Messi?!

Yes, but it depends on your own style of play as well. I have Messi at RF next to Suarez actually, very happy with both.

I use targetman as setting for my striker as well.