Comments

• dannyboy
    12777 posts Has That Special Something
    Beserk is also amazing if you like **** up anime and CGI

The ending was weird, though.
  • hoban95
    48348 posts FIFA Cover Star
    ManyakFC wrote: »
    From a film makers point of view, man of steel was very very good. i can understand why some people would find it boring though, i do agree to a certain extent, but for me man of steel was the best superman movie made.

as for the jessica jones vs daredevil debate, daredevil was brilliant, jessica jones was quite boring, and to be honest dumb lol shoulda had headphones in from episode 1 xD.

DC > Marvel on tv series though, Flash and Arrow are exceptional at the moment, absoloutly loving both!

having said that Marvel films in particular Ironman (all of them) avengers , Captain america, are all great watches and this new one i cannot wait for! also looking forward to suicide squad, not so much Batman Vs Superman though.. just because Ben affleck IMO is a awful actor lol, really wish christian bale was still batman, although hees an off screen ****, he was sooo good as batman imo

Agreed about Man of Steel, it's the best one ever made. It's extremely hard to make a good Superman film as he can be hard to relate to for obvious reasons.

Arrow and Flash are unreal, love how they are incorporating other characters like Vibe, Hawkgirl, Hawkman and the Atom.

From what i've seen, Affleck has done a good job. Obviously i need to see the full film to properly judge but i'm like what ive seen so far. Plus i love the costume. It's so much more like the actual version of Batman in the comics. That's one of the biggest knocks i had with Nolan's trilogy

Daredevil was amazing if you actually read comics imo. It's such a great adaptation. Very gritty and raw.
  • ManyakFC
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    hoban95 wrote: »
    From a film makers point of view, man of steel was very very good. i can understand why some people would find it boring though, i do agree to a certain extent, but for me man of steel was the best superman movie made.

as for the jessica jones vs daredevil debate, daredevil was brilliant, jessica jones was quite boring, and to be honest dumb lol shoulda had headphones in from episode 1 xD.

DC > Marvel on tv series though, Flash and Arrow are exceptional at the moment, absoloutly loving both!

having said that Marvel films in particular Ironman (all of them) avengers , Captain america, are all great watches and this new one i cannot wait for! also looking forward to suicide squad, not so much Batman Vs Superman though.. just because Ben affleck IMO is a awful actor lol, really wish christian bale was still batman, although hees an off screen ****, he was sooo good as batman imo

Agreed about Man of Steel, it's the best one ever made. It's extremely hard to make a good Superman film as he can be hard to relate to for obvious reasons.

Arrow and Flash are unreal, love how they are incorporating other characters like Vibe, Hawkgirl, Hawkman and the Atom.

From what i've seen, Affleck has done a good job. Obviously i need to see the full film to properly judge but i'm like what ive seen so far. Plus i love the costume. It's so much more like the actual version of Batman in the comics. That's one of the biggest knocks i had with Nolan's trilogy

Daredevil was amazing if you actually read comics imo. It's such a great adaptation. Very gritty and raw.

deffo agree with flash and arrow, superb!, to be fair batman vs superman has alot to live up too. the actual dark night and dark night rises stories were amazing, the actors were perfect for the roles respectively. i dont usually watch films over and over but when i see dark night or dark night rises on tv i watch that **** all the time LOL imo 10 out of 10 for both those films!
  • hoban95
    Yep, agree with you again. The roles were perfectly casted. Superb films.
  • Jeeeeez
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think the fact man of steel is considered the best superman movie says more about the superman movie franchise than it does about man of steel tbh
  • Reus
    22221 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2016
    Jeeeeez wrote: »
    I think the fact man of steel is considered the best superman movie says more about the superman movie franchise than it does about man of steel tbh

your avatar matches your name perfectly

mitriones' eye is pretty nasty haha
  • Jeeeeez
    Reus wrote: »
    Jeeeeez wrote: »

your avatar matches your name perfectly

mitriones' eye is pretty nasty haha

Haha I couldn't decide on what photo to upload and seen that from a WhatsApp group message and thought... aye, just perfect
  • Jeeeeez
    How I feel in divisions sometimes if I'm honest
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30841 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2016
    Your all forgetting about this.

As far as comic book movies this year I'm more excited Deadpool with Civil War 2nd. Nothing against Civil War because it looks amazing, I've just been waiting for Deadpool for years and he's one of my fav Characters. After Civil War comes Xmen, then Suicide Squad, then Batman Vs Superman.

I'm waiting for the Dr. Strange trailer to drop

As far as daredevil and Jessica Jones I thought both was fantastic. I didn't find Jessica Jones boring at all. Killgrave's portrayals in the show was one of best villain portrayals IMO. but I agree DC>Marvel in TV. As far as movies Marvels> DC. Marvel had just been consistently better while DC has been hit or miss. I wasn't excited for the Suicide Squad after they cast Will Smith because IMO he didn't fit. I have no doubt he will be great but he didn't fit. The main thing giving me hope about Suicide Squad is the director is good. I also read yesterday that Joker isn't technically going to be apart of the actual squad in the movie. Rumors are he's just going to have a glorified Cameo in flash backs with Harley, or he could be one of the villains.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5697 posts Big Money Move
    I like the comic book adaptations that don't take themselves too seriously. That's why I enjoyed Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Avengers movies are a bit boring to me, too many 'characters' too fit in trying to make it work is what it feels like. I prefer them in their own movies.

Deadpool looks incredibly fun, as does Suicide Squad so they'll be winners for me.
  • hoban95

As far as comic book movies this year I'm more excited Deadpool with Civil War 2nd. Nothing against Civil War because it looks amazing, I've just been waiting for Deadpool for years and he's one of my fav Characters. After Civil War comes Xmen, then Suicide Squad, then Batman Vs Superman.

As far as daredevil and Jessica Jones I thought both was fantastic. I didn't find Jessica Jones boring at all. Killgrave's portrayals in the show was one of best villain portrayals IMO. but I agree DC>Marvel in TV. As far as movies Marvels> DC. Marvel had just been consistently better while DC has been hit or miss. I wasn't excited for the Suicide Squad after they cast Will Smith because IMO he didn't fit. I have no doubt he will be great but he didn't fit. The main thing giving me hope about Suicide Squad is the director is good. I also read yesterday that Joker isn't technically going to be apart of the actual squad in the movie. Rumors are he's just going to have a glorified Cameo in flash backs with Harley, or he could be one of the villains.

Yeah Joker isn't actually part of the Suicide Squad mate. One of their missions in the comics in the new 52 is to break into Arkham which gets the Joker involved as a threat for them. Also involves Batman which might have something to do with Batman on top of the car.
  • ManyakFC
    @hoban95 how do you feel about the first episode of legends of tomorrow? i quite liked it, hope it gets more interesting along the way.
  • hoban95
    @hoban95 how do you feel about the first episode of legends of tomorrow? i quite liked it, hope it gets more interesting along the way.

It was decent. I liked the interaction between the characters. I actually quite enjoyed it as it was so new different and the characters are cool.

Loved Arrow though, that was the best out of the 3 this week by far. After watching the promo for next half of the season i am buzzed!
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class

It was decent. I liked the interaction between the characters. I actually quite enjoyed it as it was so new different and the characters are cool.

Loved Arrow though, that was the best out of the 3 this week by far. After watching the promo for next half of the season i am buzzed!

Can't wait for the rest of all 3 of those shows!!!! Loved flash and arrow this week. Arrow more but flash was cool. Legends of tomorrow is gonna be great. Hoping for some crossovers between all the shows :)
  • hoban95
    krakos000 wrote: »

Can't wait for the rest of all 3 of those shows!!!! Loved flash and arrow this week. Arrow more but flash was cool. Legends of tomorrow is gonna be great. Hoping for some crossovers between all the shows :)

Best thing for Flash atm is Wally. I'm really intrigued by him.

Who do you guys think dies in Arrow? With Oliver standing over their grave with Barry?

I reckon it's Dig. I was hoping it was going to be Felicity.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yeah Joker isn't actually part of the Suicide Squad mate. One of their missions in the comics in the new 52 is to break into Arkham which gets the Joker involved as a threat for them. Also involves Batman which might have something to do with Batman on top of the car.

Yeah I know he's never actually part of the Squad. What I was getting at is that there's rumors that If Joker isn't the main villain, he's just going to be a glorified cameo in flashbacks with Harley because in the trailer you never see him with the squad, just mostly with Harley.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited January 2016

Who do you guys think dies in Arrow? With Oliver standing over their grave with Barry?

I agree about Wally.

I was thinking Dig with them focusing on him and Oliver fixing their relationship and stuff. At first I had suspicions that it might be Felicity's mom because she randomly pops up and ends up staying on the show as an occurring character, but then again I can't see why Barry would really come visit for that. I was glad it wasn't Felicity because I want to see her become Oracle (even though in the comics it's obviously Barbara).
  • hoban95

Yeah I know he's never actually part of the Squad. What I was getting at is that there's rumors that If Joker isn't the main villain, he's just going to be a glorified cameo in flashbacks with Harley because in the trailer you never see him with the squad, just mostly with Harley.

That's an interesting theory as you see him in the acid with Harley and the operation table. However one thing that puts me against that theory is Joker in a scene with his henchmen talking to one of the guards hitting Deadshot in the opening.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

That's an interesting theory as you see him in the acid with Harley and the operation table. However one thing that puts me against that theory is Joker in a scene with his henchmen talking to one of the guards hitting Deadshot in the opening.

Yeah I'm hoping Joker has a bigger part than just a glorified Cameo. Interested to see Letos full portrayal of Joker.
  • hoban95

Yeah I'm hoping Joker has a bigger part than just a glorified Cameo. Interested to see Letos full portrayal of Joker.

I think he will. Just praying those theories about Joker being Jason or **** Grayson are utter rubbish.
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class

Ah I'm really liking zoom tbh. The episode where he practically almost killed barry was awesome. I can't wait to see what happens with Wally.

I'm thinking it's Felicity's mom. The way she acted in the car at the end and how Oliver wasnt as visibly upset as she was makes me think it's her mom and not Dig. Barry was there because he's friends with felicity and hes there to support her.
  • ManyakFC
    highly doubt its felicitys mum, considering you see oliver staying the longest at the grave, i reckon it could be either that women whose in the flashbacks (for whatever reason) or possibly thea with all the drama surrounding her atm wouldnt be surprised (i havent read the comics so please dont spoil it if you have a theory based on the comics )
  • hoban95

Ah I'm really liking zoom tbh. The episode where he practically almost killed barry was awesome. I can't wait to see what happens with Wally.

I'm thinking it's Felicity's mom. The way she acted in the car at the end and how Oliver wasnt as visibly upset as she was makes me think it's her mom and not Dig. Barry was there because he's friends with felicity and hes there to support her.

Nah it can't be her mum, she's hardly a big character. They've been building that scene up since Episode one. Jesus they do all that for Felicity's mum and that would really harm the show. What a let down that would be :joy:
  • hoban95
    edited January 2016
    highly doubt its felicitys mum, considering you see oliver staying the longest at the grave, i reckon it could be either that women whose in the flashbacks (for whatever reason) or possibly thea with all the drama surrounding her atm wouldnt be surprised (i havent read the comics so please dont spoil it if you have a theory based on the comics )

I was thinking it could be Thea but they've already killed her once and they need a Red Arrow. I do want Roy back tho!
  • Ronan14
    3469 posts National Call-Up
    Read quickly
    Deadpool was seen by some people in LA last week, all saying it's great, saying its like what shawn of the dead is to horror films this is to superhero films
    I'd guess in suicide squad from what I've seen Joker is someone they go after, but won't be the main villian, will be in present day and flashbacks showing harleyquins origin
    And arrow I'm pretty sure it's either Lance or Diggle, doubt it's felicity's mom as they said it was a main cast character, and why would Barry be there if he never met her.
    It's hard to know as I don;t think Lance is really needed if Oliver is Mayor, but then they way felicity reacts I think it's Diggle as she isn't that close with Lance, maybe Darkh does something to make his brother kill him?
    Oh btw notice oliver and felicity don't have their rings on at the end?
  • Ronan14
    Oh and no way they would do Thea again as she was killed last season, and doubt they would kill Laurel, also someone on about Roy he's back in a couple weeks with Felicitys dad
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Nah it can't be her mum, she's hardly a big character. They've been building that scene up since Episode one. Jesus they do all that for Felicity's mum and that would really harm the show. What a let down that would be :joy:

Yeah that's why I lean a little more towards Diggle because I don't think Felicity's mum is that big of a character. The only thing that really had me keeping her as an option is just the way she popped up and has stuck around this season, it would be easy to kill her off. But again, I don't think it's her because I'd imagine Felicity would be standing over her mothers grave as well. I think it's Diggle. I can't see it being Lance. I was thinking Thea as well, but don't really think so because they keep focusing on solving her blood lust problem, it would be kind of a waste to be looking for a way to fix it, and then kill her off.
  • hoban95
    Yeah Roy is back as arsenal if you've seen any of the footage on the cw YouTube channel, can't wait!
    I didn't know about the rings, good spot! I think they need to eventually end up with oliver and laurel together like how it should be.
  • Ronan14
    Yeah Roy is back as arsenal if you've seen any of the footage on the cw YouTube channel, can't wait!
    I didn't know about the rings, good spot! I think they need to eventually end up with oliver and laurel together like how it should be.

Yeah looks like they will do it, i'd imagine eventually barry ends up with Iris in Flash aswell
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Ahh.. I'm one of the ones that like's Felicity and Oliver, but I've always believed they would always end up bringing Oliver and Laurel together
    Ronan14 wrote: »

Yeah looks like they will do it, i'd imagine eventually barry ends up with Iris in Flash aswell

Yeah it's always going to happen considering they end up together in the comics.