Best formation for tiki-taka in your opinion?

Remzy69
2102 posts Fans' Favourite
So guys, I have been trying to play tiki taka football in FIFA, because I love how Barcelona and Bayern play.
This means a lot of quick short passing to create chances and deliver a deadly endpass, this also means you need to press high and win the ball back asap when you lose it.
I tried most formations now and think False 9 and 41212(2) are best suited for this.
Your opinions guys?

Comments

• CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'd agree with False 9.
  • BlitzersNL
    24568 posts Club Captain
    I know one that works well for me, 60%+ possession, but I'm sure people will just call me an idiot.
  • Crespo86
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Would it not bore the life out you trying to replicate it in FIFA. Of all the styles it's coma inducing at times and when I've played against some one trying to do it. It's not the idea of fun at all
  • Remzy69
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    I know one that works well for me, 60%+ possession, but I'm sure people will just call me an idiot.
    4231(2)? :#
  • CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crespo86 wrote: »
    Would it not bore the life out you trying to replicate it in FIFA. Of all the styles it's coma inducing at times and when I've played against some one trying to do it. It's not the idea of fun at all

In your opinion of course.
  • DailyTrader
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd agree with False 9.

• Khangaskhan17
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    4411, 4231(1), 433(5), 3412
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    4231 both
    433 5
  • DSD27
    5712 posts Big Money Move
    4231(2).
  • Zebbe
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    False 9 for me.
  • Maher
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4411.4231(1).false 9.
  • 4231(2) with custom tactics and custom instructions
  • CristianoRonaldo
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i dont understand why people want to play tiki taka fifa is not real life
  • Kove
    4113 posts National Call-Up
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    4231(2)? :#

5atb yeah?
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    edited January 2016

Because we all dont want to just pace abuse, some of us like to use slower players who excel at passing.
  • Jfo88
    22708 posts Club Captain
    Quite a few prefer false 9 for the width
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    4231?
  • Soly77
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    41212 (2) defintly
  • Remzy69
    Because I enjoy watching Barcelona and like the way they dominate. I'm not the lob pass Ibarbo sprint kind of guy. I just want to play nice football and I believe tiki taka is not just slow building up and coma inducing. For me it's the short quick combinations and winning the ball back asap. That's why I have 60% possession most matches, not because I just play the ball around with my defenders like some really sad players do when they have a 1-0 lead :D
  • Remzy69
    So most people agree with false 9 I see. How about 4321? This looks ideal for it.
  • BlitzersNL
    24568 posts Club Captain
    So most people agree with false 9 I see. How about 4321? This looks ideal for it.

Way too narrow
  • Remzy69

Way too narrow
    Isn't that very usefull for playing HP and playing short passes? I personaly liked False 9 and 433(2) best so far. Basically every 433 with 1 CDM.

• rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    41212 2
  • Remzy69
    rckstr wrote: »
    41212 2
    I prefer playing with wingers myself, tried 41212(2) and did like it but I felt like it is missing something. There is no width in the formation, which makes you very predictable, since you are always playing trough the middle.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    41212 2
    I prefer playing with wingers myself, tried 41212(2) and did like it but I felt like it is missing something. There is no width in the formation, which makes you very predictable, since you are always playing trough the middle.

Putting the strikers on "stay wide" makes it much better if you prefer width. It comes very similiar to the false 9. Especially if you put "stay forward" on your CAM.
  • notfamous
    45 posts Park Captain
    41212 2

Putting the strikers on "stay wide" makes it much better if you prefer width. It comes very similiar to the false 9. Especially if you put "stay forward" on your CAM.

Then y not just play the false 9?
  • Remzy69
    edited January 2016
    notfamous wrote: »
    41212 2

That's what I would do.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    notfamous wrote: »
    41212 2

You can do whatever you want to do. What I'm saying is the formations are very similiar. That aren't identical even with those instructions. The strikers in 4-1-2-1-2 sit at a better spot when set on "play wide", they aren't sitting on the sidelines like the wingers in false 9.
  • Whitebeard
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    41212(2)

41212(2) really shines if you use H/H as R/L CM. They will push both up and down creating triangles with other players. Also be sure to put small team width and short passes in custom tactics.
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    Smoothino wrote: »

Because we all dont want to just pace abuse, some of us like to use slower players who excel at passing.

Totti is awesome this fifa