Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

JIO22
1174 posts Professional
edited February 2016
Game play has totally gone for me tonight. I haven’t been on for about 4 days, tonight it’s gone atrocious. Can’t pass, can’t shoot, players running in all different directions – having to constantly ‘fight’ the controls to get players to move, very delayed, juddery and jumping/freezing, even when the ball get’s kicked the screen isn’t panning quick enough to keep up with the action. The AI controls of my players are plain daft, it’s almost like they are playing in a different game, the players are colliding with each other, then persisting to fall over eachother again when one of them falls to the floor.
EA has seriously done something here. It’s almost like they’ve switched me “half” off their servers or something which is stopping synchronisation to my game.

The game changes so many times from super speed, to laggy, to laggy and slow, to juddery then back to super speed etc etc. This is ruining the game EA.
Post edited by Chris on

Comments

• Cahir85
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agreed. Been terrible last few days :(
  • Jmdpne
    62 posts Park Captain
    Had the same issues myself started fine today played 5 games all lag free then last 6 or so been horrendous. Results have varied but ronaldo gone from the player I expect to running round like a slug through treacle
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    These problems are littered over various forums, and it's a big issue - Hopefully EA will respond to all of their loyal customers and keep us updated.
  • ZuParadox
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    Agreed

My hands hurt, felt like I was gonna crush the controller

My last game, I somehow won 2-1 but it was doing all it could to let the oppo win - every ball I passed went straight to them, every clearance was instantly closed down and blocked. My players just would move or tackle and the screen was really really laggy.

Turned it off to play a game of scrabble online to chill me out lol
  • NornIron
    11446 posts Has That Special Something
    If im playing anyone decent at passing ive no chance i can read the play but my players are never getting there. Then when i get it if i dont ping pong it im closed down before my player can even get control of the ball. Its a joke using george best is like using mertesacker :)
  • Cahir85
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    NornIron wrote: »
    If im playing anyone decent at passing ive no chance i can read the play but my players are never getting there. Then when i get it if i dont ping pong it im closed down before my player can even get control of the ball. Its a joke using george best is like using mertesacker :)

This is another thing. Knowing what your opponent is going to do, and not having the players react quick enough to do something about it :(
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Thanks for the feedback chaps, all these comments is what I'm seeing. A particular lol to zuparadox for his comments ha.

Be good for EA to respond - this has fallen drastically the last few days and is effecting a lot of people from what I can see.
  • JonRambo
    1096 posts Professional
    Anyone know why it is laggy, is it being matched up with people too far away or does some how the connection , even though its peer to peer, still run through ea servers causing it to lag ?
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Yeah even though it's p2p, I think it still has got to go via EA somehow and somewhere along the line. All the issues that are happening I haven't changed a thing my end yet the game is pretty much un-playable. I've seen these problems over the years and I'm convinced 100% this is to do with EA now.
  • NornIron
    JIO22 wrote: »
    Yeah even though it's p2p, I think it still has got to go via EA somehow and somewhere along the line. All the issues that are happening I haven't changed a thing my end yet the game is pretty much un-playable. I've seen these problems over the years and I'm convinced 100% this is to do with EA now.

Also with me Ultimate team is unplayable compared to h2h seasons has been happening for years now getting worst every year.
  • TheRealDeal
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/117430/slow-gameplay-input-lag-sticky-this#latest this is the thread. so long, many views and very old. yet no word from EA. **** **** company
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Can anyone from EA help?
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something
    It happened on the previous FIFAs too.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    It's probably due to EA using outdated matchmaking
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Yeh it's been here for a while now, several years. FIFA 16 seems to be very much more sporadic though than previous years - the change in gameplay from good to bad is quick, and the nature of issues are far more easy to see and feel now than before.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    I think the game uses the same netcode as mortal kombat x
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    I think the game uses the same netcode as mortal kombat x

You're probably right mate.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    How many others are seeing this change in gameplay over the last couple of days?

If you respond please say what country you are from, thanks a lot. Maybe this will help EA troubleshoot this issue.
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    JIO22 wrote: »
    How many others are seeing this change in gameplay over the last couple of days?

If you respond please say what country you are from, thanks a lot. Maybe this will help EA troubleshoot this issue.

12 friends who play and me in the uk it's gone to ****

• NornIron
    edited January 2016
    Maybe they figured out what has been causing it for years and are trying to fix it.

Who am i kidding they probably forgot to oil the server this week.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Thanks - I'm in the UK too. All my mates it has gone rubbish for as well (FUT).
  • Market_Guru
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It is not a UK issue. I live on the east coast of USA and have had it for 4 years now. Weeks at a time all my games will be slow and unresponsvie. And then all of a sudden for a day, I will have butter smooth games and win div 1 easily. And then it comes back and I get relegated to div 3. Absolute joke from EA side.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Thanks, yes it has been around for years - I've had it since about 2008-09 ish. It has improved sort of, also a ISP was partially to blame in the earlier years (although they say it's not them). Now this is down to EA, FIFA 16 I find is very very changeable for me i.e from good to bad game play, happens much more often now.

Interesting to know it effects you guys over there too.
  • NornIron
    Just after playing a match there now im away to be sick.
    Going to send EA a message that if i buy a new controller and that isnt the problem will they refund it. Something is dragging my players around the pitch.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Yes totally agree, I feel like you have to "fight" the controller to get your players to respond and move, especially in quick bursts.

I'd be surprised if it's the controller, try a spare first - I've tried using a couple of different ones and no difference. I've spent many years battling these issues with all sorts of people from ISP's, BT and EA - EA need to step up now, I've got a lot of experience in this and EA can't ignore it no more.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Anyone from EA on here?
  • big_man
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Horrid game atm.

To think how much mone they spent promoting TOTY to potential new customers.

Imagine this being your first FIFA experience.

REFUND PLEASE
  • TheRealDeal
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    big_man wrote: »
    Horrid game atm.

To think how much mone they spent promoting TOTY to potential new customers.

Imagine this being your first FIFA experience.

REFUND PLEASE

Well I spent the most part of last year complaining to them. Changed all my equipment, my isp to google fiber with 3ms ping and 1000mbps down and 800mbps up. Still had this issue. In the end, they gave me Star Wars Battlefront as compensation, which i sold and now I continue to bug them. So bad from their end
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Well I spent the most part of last year complaining to them. Changed all my equipment, my isp to google fiber with 3ms ping and 1000mbps down and 800mbps up. Still had this issue. In the end, they gave me Star Wars Battlefront as compensation, which i sold and now I continue to bug them. So bad from their end

This is the kind evidence EA need to see, now for one they can not blame your ISP or broadband connection - I've been there myself and changed ISP's in the past. EA need to solve this to repay all of their loyal and paying customers that they are making a lot of money out of these days.
  • NornIron
    edited January 2016
    Yeah Ive had two different ISP's the problems started at the start of fifa 13 was with BT infinity then on fifa 15 moved to plusnet fibre even upgraded to pro gaming still awful and now back to BT infinity 2.

Oh yeah forgot to mention just checked my connection on battlefield 4'' go to options and press RS Down, Latency 13ms, 3 green bars so where's it going wrong with fifa.