The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

WHY IS THERE NOTHING OUT FOR SAINT GEORGES DAY!

Jcoxy98
147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited April 2015
Bit unfair and prejudice,not, how there has been no packs are giveaways etc? Consdjerjng when it was Saint Patrick's day in Ireland there was a load of things including change of coloured cards IF's and all sorts? Anything coming out tonight?

Comments

• MJP
    5944 posts Big Money Move
    lol
  • Jcoxy98
    Good answe, I am just saying I think there should be something out, people do agree
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    do you even know what racism means :)
  • Jcoxy98
    I said " not " dunno if you can read that :) , and yes it's when you treat someone or a country different because of their race.
  • Hicksy2011
    14216 posts Has That Special Something
    Jcoxy98 wrote: »
    I said " not " dunno if you can read that :) , and yes it's when you treat someone or a country different because of their race.

This is what it means
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    I believe this is discriminatory behaviour rather than racism
    WHERE IS MY RED DANNY WELBECK
  • cronaldo773
    2286 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thats what im thinking wtf guardian readers and russel brand worshipers the lot of them.

Keep st george In my heart keep me english
  • Marleigh
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    There are no other patron saints recognised either. St Patricks day just happens to be a thing they have always done a tournament for, and it's a day that is celebrated in various countries. Very few people celebrate St Georges day.
  • Lard_Lad
    12685 posts Has That Special Something
    St George's day isn't celebrated like St Patrick's day, it's associated more and more with racism especially the St George's cross which is associated with groups such as the EDL
  • Toefjes
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    St Who????
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    It's barely celebrated at all. I can't even name the patron saints of Wales and Scotland either. I think one of them is called Edward.
  • Lard_Lad
    Monkey wrote: »
    It's barely celebrated at all. I can't even name the patron saints of Wales and Scotland either. I think one of them is called Edward.

David for Wales
    Andrew for Scotland
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    Ah St Andrew's. Of course.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Who is St George?
  • PintOfMagennis
    4455 posts National Call-Up
    Scotland cards would look so cool
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    I didn't even know it was St georges day. Its hardly celebrated nobody is proud of England
  • Lard_Lad
  • cronaldo773
    2286 posts Fans' Favourite
    I didn't even know it was St georges day. Its hardly celebrated nobody is proud of England

a sad state state of things grow some bOllocks
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero

a sad state state of things grow some bOllocks

Says the guy sucking ronaldo of, keep talking you melt
  • Worble
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    Part of the issue is people are quick to brand supporters of St George's day as nationalist which for an English person is considered a bad thing to be when it really shouldn't be. Its just the way it is due to the amount of stories made public regarding racism (such as the man getting on the train with Chelsea fans).

As a result people are less celebratory when it comes to St George's day.

I think this thread should probably be closed now moderators.
  • Ben
    3768 posts National Call-Up
    You lot
    Pants
    St. George's
    Ffs
    Cheeky

No idea what any of these mean...maybe our british friends can help us Americans out.
  • DIXON THFC
    3082 posts National Call-Up
    Classic how anything ENGLISH is racist. It was all over the breakfast shows this morning, my mrs works at a nursery and they are doing a St George's day theme along with a lot of the others in the area.

Remember boys, when the Euro's and the World Cup come along don't put those England flags outside your house because if you do you're clearly a racist :p
  • Make it a bank holiday and I'll start caring.
  • Dawud
    16120 posts World Class
    Born in Palestine and was a Roman soldier
  • Gfunkera
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    As an American, I've never heard of St. George, let alone a St. George's day. :p

However St. Patrick's day is a universally celebrated day here in the states.
  • PassingThoughts
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gfunkera wrote: »
    As an American, I've never heard of St. George, let alone a St. George's day. :p

However St. Patrick's day is a universally celebrated day here in the states.
    Oh dear " universally" while mentioning your country...

No one cares about St Georges, it's just a day we take note off. We English are too laid back to care about our own country because we think it's all messed up anyway!

• Pedro95
    917 posts Semi-Pro
    Toefjes wrote: »
    St Who????

• Marleigh
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think this discussion has reached its conclusion. Locking it.
This discussion has been closed.