Price Ranges Megathread

Comments

  • Kiwi
    94 posts Park Captain
    I can definitely see that PS is struggling massively more in the 'stupid pricing' department!! Am on Xbox myself and the prices are ... 'optimal'. In some areas too low even! IF Terry vs TOTY Luiz as an example. Anyway ...

    Did some research to see that on PS you can buy an account with 15M coins, for USD50 :o. How they heck can this still be happening!?!? This is where EA seriously need to step up & plug this gaping hole!
  • RealBmo7
    498 posts Sunday League Hero
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    Funny seeing people moan about price ranges continuing to drop!

    During this time every fut year, prices dramatically drop anyway!

    As for extinct players, without the price ranges people would price fix and mug you lot off! i.e lets say MOTM Delph, without price ranges he would be fixed around the 500k+ mark, is he really worth that price tag? No way in hell he is! EA have done the right thing with price ranges, no more coin sites/price fixers determining the price of a player - They normally price them at an extortionate range anyway!

    Price range changing once a week is perfectly fine, there's no need to drop prices more than once a week! It's in-line with TOTW.

    Before price ranges I was sitting on 30mil coins, after price ranges I have 15mil coins. Am I sour about a 50% loss of coins? Not at all, I can now buy a Pele/TOTS Ronaldo for 1/3 of the price they were before price ranges, not to mention them being extinct when price ranges didn't exist! So extinct players is nothing new, there's always been extinct players with and without price ranges!

    People need to let it be, price ranges are here to stay whether you like it or not! Get over it and move on!

    probably your are on XBOX...the situation there is pretty different from PS4. We not having cards on market anymore since long

    Fair point mate, as long as the coin glitch remains on the PS - you lot are buggered.
    I feel for you lot, but you also have to blame the coin buyers for buying these glitched coins. I'm not saying you buy them, but to those who do are influencing the ranges being made higher and higher. If 50% of coin buyers turn their back on the coin sellers then you would see a drop in price on the PS market since not many packs will be opened.

    i dont blame at ppls fault, usually complain with the ones "allowing" it.
    This is Just an EA fault

    It's not EA's fault at all, it's those people who find ways to exploit the game are the ones to blame. Nothing is ever going to be 100% bullet proof, there are even loop holes in banking. It's the consumer who needs to determine right from wrong, stay on the right path or follow the trend, commit the crime and then moan when EA try and fix it.

    Like I said, until people stop buying coins and funding the black market - The PS market will always be extortionate.

    The simple solution for EA would be to pull the plug on old gen consoles to stop all these glitches. Imagine they do that, would people be happy? What about those who can't afford a new gen console....There's no win win simple solution.


    it is...they have different and easy solutions...and they are not doing them...so its them Fault

    They can't just pull the plug on fut for old gen consoles this year, they sold, merchandised/advertised fut on old gen consoles this year. they could easily remove fut for fifa 16 though!

    Prince ranges is just the beginning and a pilot for fifa 15, lessons will be learn't and i'm sure addressed appropriately on fifa 16.

    well in the meantime they fked up this version

    No, it's the glitchers/coin sellers and buyers who fked up this version!
  • sxckarma
    3550 posts National Call-Up
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    Funny seeing people moan about price ranges continuing to drop!

    During this time every fut year, prices dramatically drop anyway!

    As for extinct players, without the price ranges people would price fix and mug you lot off! i.e lets say MOTM Delph, without price ranges he would be fixed around the 500k+ mark, is he really worth that price tag? No way in hell he is! EA have done the right thing with price ranges, no more coin sites/price fixers determining the price of a player - They normally price them at an extortionate range anyway!

    Price range changing once a week is perfectly fine, there's no need to drop prices more than once a week! It's in-line with TOTW.

    Before price ranges I was sitting on 30mil coins, after price ranges I have 15mil coins. Am I sour about a 50% loss of coins? Not at all, I can now buy a Pele/TOTS Ronaldo for 1/3 of the price they were before price ranges, not to mention them being extinct when price ranges didn't exist! So extinct players is nothing new, there's always been extinct players with and without price ranges!

    People need to let it be, price ranges are here to stay whether you like it or not! Get over it and move on!

    probably your are on XBOX...the situation there is pretty different from PS4. We not having cards on market anymore since long

    Fair point mate, as long as the coin glitch remains on the PS - you lot are buggered.
    I feel for you lot, but you also have to blame the coin buyers for buying these glitched coins. I'm not saying you buy them, but to those who do are influencing the ranges being made higher and higher. If 50% of coin buyers turn their back on the coin sellers then you would see a drop in price on the PS market since not many packs will be opened.

    i dont blame at ppls fault, usually complain with the ones "allowing" it.
    This is Just an EA fault

    It's not EA's fault at all, it's those people who find ways to exploit the game are the ones to blame. Nothing is ever going to be 100% bullet proof, there are even loop holes in banking. It's the consumer who needs to determine right from wrong, stay on the right path or follow the trend, commit the crime and then moan when EA try and fix it.

    Like I said, until people stop buying coins and funding the black market - The PS market will always be extortionate.

    The simple solution for EA would be to pull the plug on old gen consoles to stop all these glitches. Imagine they do that, would people be happy? What about those who can't afford a new gen console....There's no win win simple solution.


    it is...they have different and easy solutions...and they are not doing them...so its them Fault

    They can't just pull the plug on fut for old gen consoles this year, they sold, merchandised/advertised fut on old gen consoles this year. they could easily remove fut for fifa 16 though!

    Prince ranges is just the beginning and a pilot for fifa 15, lessons will be learn't and i'm sure addressed appropriately on fifa 16.

    well in the meantime they fked up this version

    No, it's the glitchers/coin sellers and buyers who fked up this version!

    m8...excuse me, when you got little kids playing and making confusions, with whom you will talk?
    with them ? or their Parents??
    Its not ppls playing and having fun...is EA with their sistem not working anyway.

  • sxckarma wrote: »

    well in the meantime they fked up this version

    Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, my friend.
  • RealBmo7
    498 posts Sunday League Hero
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    Funny seeing people moan about price ranges continuing to drop!

    During this time every fut year, prices dramatically drop anyway!

    As for extinct players, without the price ranges people would price fix and mug you lot off! i.e lets say MOTM Delph, without price ranges he would be fixed around the 500k+ mark, is he really worth that price tag? No way in hell he is! EA have done the right thing with price ranges, no more coin sites/price fixers determining the price of a player - They normally price them at an extortionate range anyway!

    Price range changing once a week is perfectly fine, there's no need to drop prices more than once a week! It's in-line with TOTW.

    Before price ranges I was sitting on 30mil coins, after price ranges I have 15mil coins. Am I sour about a 50% loss of coins? Not at all, I can now buy a Pele/TOTS Ronaldo for 1/3 of the price they were before price ranges, not to mention them being extinct when price ranges didn't exist! So extinct players is nothing new, there's always been extinct players with and without price ranges!

    People need to let it be, price ranges are here to stay whether you like it or not! Get over it and move on!

    probably your are on XBOX...the situation there is pretty different from PS4. We not having cards on market anymore since long

    Fair point mate, as long as the coin glitch remains on the PS - you lot are buggered.
    I feel for you lot, but you also have to blame the coin buyers for buying these glitched coins. I'm not saying you buy them, but to those who do are influencing the ranges being made higher and higher. If 50% of coin buyers turn their back on the coin sellers then you would see a drop in price on the PS market since not many packs will be opened.

    i dont blame at ppls fault, usually complain with the ones "allowing" it.
    This is Just an EA fault

    It's not EA's fault at all, it's those people who find ways to exploit the game are the ones to blame. Nothing is ever going to be 100% bullet proof, there are even loop holes in banking. It's the consumer who needs to determine right from wrong, stay on the right path or follow the trend, commit the crime and then moan when EA try and fix it.

    Like I said, until people stop buying coins and funding the black market - The PS market will always be extortionate.

    The simple solution for EA would be to pull the plug on old gen consoles to stop all these glitches. Imagine they do that, would people be happy? What about those who can't afford a new gen console....There's no win win simple solution.


    it is...they have different and easy solutions...and they are not doing them...so its them Fault

    They can't just pull the plug on fut for old gen consoles this year, they sold, merchandised/advertised fut on old gen consoles this year. they could easily remove fut for fifa 16 though!

    Prince ranges is just the beginning and a pilot for fifa 15, lessons will be learn't and i'm sure addressed appropriately on fifa 16.

    well in the meantime they fked up this version

    No, it's the glitchers/coin sellers and buyers who fked up this version!

    m8...excuse me, when you got little kids playing and making confusions, with whom you will talk?
    with them ? or their Parents??
    Its not ppls playing and having fun...is EA with their sistem not working anyway.

    This makes no sense...
  • XBOX ONE
    I really like the idea of the price ranges being implemented in FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM, but the adjustments must be more I mean that you must be responding quickly to the changes in the market.
    For example Robben was for 260,000 minimum and wasn't selling I waited nearly a week for the next adjustment and you lowered the minimum by 30,000 now he is for 230,000 minimum and still not selling so what I want from you is a quick response for that which lower his price until he starts to sell maybe you should do this after one day from the adjustment in order to check that all users have noticed the adjustment not wait for a week or more than a week for the adjustment and that's what you are doing at the moment and it's really really boring.
    Also since there are no coin selling the coins will be so low for every user compared to before the price ranges so I think you should make the coin rewards in game much greater for playing matches, seasons and tournaments.
    In conclusion I think that price ranges is the right way to move on because it protects mainly legit users like me who never bought coins and also couldn't afford buying any amazing player, I hope this would change with price ranges.
  • killaree
    975 posts Semi-Pro
    When you have an organisation (EA) who puts a system in place (FUT) which becomes widely popular and monetised you will always have people who will try to find out ways around the system (hackers) to use it to their advantage (glitchers/autobuyers). These people are mostly motivated by greed or a perception that the system is 'unfair' (packs).

    Now just as Microsoft has to worry about hackers getting access into their OS Windows through exploiting weak coding, EA has to worry about hackers exploiting their code. You can play the blame game all day long. Is it EA's fault for not patching the exploit, is it the hackers fault for monetising the exploits or is it the end consumers fault for benefitting from the exploit (buying coins). EA should reasonably expect that there will be people out there looking for exploits in order to benefit. The end customer should reasonably expect that EA, as the producers of the system, should not allow any exploits to ruin their experience of the game. But the end customer should also know that EA are not all powerful, they do not have all the answers all the time.

    At the end of the day it doesnt make a blind bit of difference whose fault it is, the situation is what it is. What we should be talking about is how to rectify it. Yeh people can say that it will all be fine when fifa 16 comes out (doubtful tbh), but we did not pay for Fifa 16 we paid for Fifa 15, while we can reasonably expect EA to test aspects of Fifa 16 this year that does not mean we should put up with a broken game this year which we have all spent hard earned cash for.

    The problem is they cannot fix the glitch, so they impose draconian price ranges which only they control. Yes it has lead to the market coming down to a healty-ish level on Xbox but on the PS where the glitch was massively exploited the market is a joke.

    How do you fix it? Occam's Razor - the simplest solution is usually the best one. Bring it back to a free, user defined market albeit with the Price Ranges to limit coin selling/buying.

    1) Price ranges updated daily based on Average selling prices +/-20%
    2) No price ranges on any new IF's for 24hrs

    I have yet to come across anybody with major negatives about this solution. If you have one feel free to share. If not its time for EA to speak up, communicate to the consumers of the game and enter dialogue. Rather than just making decisions and passing them down to us like the law.
  • Antiversum
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    F

    As for extinct players, without the price ranges people would price fix and mug you lot off! i.e lets say MOTM Delph, without price ranges he would be fixed around the 500k+ mark, is he really worth that price tag? No way in hell he is!

    Why? Who determinates if a player price is his value? You say Delph wouldn't be worth 500k - I say maybe he is having in mind that he is only avaiable for 24Hrs. In these cases not the stats make a player price high but the ability to pack him. Although he isn't high-rated and his cardweight should be higher than other ones it lowers the probability to pack him (and maybe special cards lower the probability to pack a player also).


    killaree wrote: »
    The problem is they cannot fix the glitch, so they impose draconian price ranges which only they control. Yes it has lead to the market coming down to a healty-ish level on Xbox but on the PS where the glitch was massively exploited the market is a joke.

    Every market is a joke and what I read over here, PS is the best market right now. Xbox and PC are totally screwed and not repariable with ranges. I expect either extinct or heavily overpriced TOTS cards.
  • BigSharpsBWFC
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't see how people don't understand that daily price changes is completely unrealistic, do you not understand how many cards are in this game? It would make more sense if they adjusted some in the same time scale as they do now and come out and completely removed the minimum price range so people can sell as they see fit.
  • Deeenilo
    1201 posts Professional
    Honestly on ps4 its totally messed, in selling all the consumables i had to have more money for tots. Sadly the only card i want, tots Ibra, will vost a fortune because his motm is 11m.


    I am an Honest and legit user, but setiously i dont know if all this effort is worth when i could spend 50 euro and have all the teams i want
  • killaree
    975 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't see how people don't understand that daily price changes is completely unrealistic, do you not understand how many cards are in this game? It would make more sense if they adjusted some in the same time scale as they do now and come out and completely removed the minimum price range so people can sell as they see fit.

    How is that unrealistic? Lemme break it down for you.

    According to futhead, there are 263 pages of individual cards on FUT @ 48 cards per page = 12,624 cards.

    Now EA dont even have to change the price ranges of 90% of them, as according to futhead, 240 pages of them have the price range between 150-5000 coins. Thats 11,520 cards they don't have to monitor, leaving only 1,104 cards.

    Only 1000 or so cards they have to actively monitor to change ranges. Course I dont expect someone at EA HQ to sit on his computer manually changing every player range every day... It has to be automated. If futbin and futfocus and other sites can write bots that can determine the average price of a card on the fut market, Im sure with the resources EA have they can manage to write a bot that discover player average selling prices and then automatically adjusts the ranges based on that.

    Is that too much to ask? Pretty sure EA already have information to hand as to what each card average price is tbh. They would just need to write a bot to reflect that with the price ranges.

    Not unrealistic at all.

    Plus the 'no minimum' theory is garbage and does not resolve all the problems.

  • X1

    price ranges are greats..... for normal players, now we can affor players before was impossible...
    now, its less a pay to win game..... :)
  • Deeenilo
    1201 posts Professional
    X1

    price ranges are greats..... for normal players, now we can affor players before was impossible...
    now, its less a pay to win game..... :)
    ps4
    if we only had a market like this user who is in xbox1, probably i would not be upset.

    on xbox everybody seems to be happy about this price ranges

    on ps4 we have to deal with extinct and overpriced cards.

    yaya toure DO NOT SELL for his minimum, just as example.

    if fanni is exinct.

    if you want to keep with this garbage AT LEAST make us happy like it happens on xbox.

    we are paying customers at the same way that xbox users are.
  • Rename12345
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Too poor for dat SIF Welbz :'(
  • sxckarma
    3550 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015
    killaree wrote: »
    When you have an organisation (EA) who puts a system in place (FUT) which becomes widely popular and monetised you will always have people who will try to find out ways around the system (hackers) to use it to their advantage (glitchers/autobuyers). These people are mostly motivated by greed or a perception that the system is 'unfair' (packs).

    Now just as Microsoft has to worry about hackers getting access into their OS Windows through exploiting weak coding, EA has to worry about hackers exploiting their code. You can play the blame game all day long. Is it EA's fault for not patching the exploit, is it the hackers fault for monetising the exploits or is it the end consumers fault for benefitting from the exploit (buying coins). EA should reasonably expect that there will be people out there looking for exploits in order to benefit. The end customer should reasonably expect that EA, as the producers of the system, should not allow any exploits to ruin their experience of the game. But the end customer should also know that EA are not all powerful, they do not have all the answers all the time.

    At the end of the day it doesnt make a blind bit of difference whose fault it is, the situation is what it is. What we should be talking about is how to rectify it. Yeh people can say that it will all be fine when fifa 16 comes out (doubtful tbh), but we did not pay for Fifa 16 we paid for Fifa 15, while we can reasonably expect EA to test aspects of Fifa 16 this year that does not mean we should put up with a broken game this year which we have all spent hard earned cash for.

    The problem is they cannot fix the glitch, so they impose draconian price ranges which only they control. Yes it has lead to the market coming down to a healty-ish level on Xbox but on the PS where the glitch was massively exploited the market is a joke.

    How do you fix it? Occam's Razor - the simplest solution is usually the best one. Bring it back to a free, user defined market albeit with the Price Ranges to limit coin selling/buying.

    1) Price ranges updated daily based on Average selling prices +/-20%
    2) No price ranges on any new IF's for 24hrs

    I have yet to come across anybody with major negatives about this solution. If you have one feel free to share. If not its time for EA to speak up, communicate to the consumers of the game and enter dialogue. Rather than just making decisions and passing them down to us like the law.

    agree...all the major games having problems with hackers and such.
    played for over 4 years to Wow on pc...there no chance there to scam, hack or something, their staff is really cool and set to fix everything (at least some years ago).
    We are paying now for EA incompetence.

    And im Agree again 1 really good and fast solution is on ps4 removing max cap on current totw and removing the max cap for the motm , just the current one.
    Keeping the minimum EA set, will give an idea on what will be the maximum, so if you want overpay the card for that day / week its your choice, but for sure your not doing it for profit and to make that card extinct cauz you know you gonna loose a bunch of coins

    Beside stop increasing these ranges, your making extinct all the cards on market this way
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    sxckarma wrote: »
    killaree wrote: »
    When you have an organisation (EA) who puts a system in place (FUT) which becomes widely popular and monetised you will always have people who will try to find out ways around the system (hackers) to use it to their advantage (glitchers/autobuyers). These people are mostly motivated by greed or a perception that the system is 'unfair' (packs).

    Now just as Microsoft has to worry about hackers getting access into their OS Windows through exploiting weak coding, EA has to worry about hackers exploiting their code. You can play the blame game all day long. Is it EA's fault for not patching the exploit, is it the hackers fault for monetising the exploits or is it the end consumers fault for benefitting from the exploit (buying coins). EA should reasonably expect that there will be people out there looking for exploits in order to benefit. The end customer should reasonably expect that EA, as the producers of the system, should not allow any exploits to ruin their experience of the game. But the end customer should also know that EA are not all powerful, they do not have all the answers all the time.

    At the end of the day it doesnt make a blind bit of difference whose fault it is, the situation is what it is. What we should be talking about is how to rectify it. Yeh people can say that it will all be fine when fifa 16 comes out (doubtful tbh), but we did not pay for Fifa 16 we paid for Fifa 15, while we can reasonably expect EA to test aspects of Fifa 16 this year that does not mean we should put up with a broken game this year which we have all spent hard earned cash for.

    The problem is they cannot fix the glitch, so they impose draconian price ranges which only they control. Yes it has lead to the market coming down to a healty-ish level on Xbox but on the PS where the glitch was massively exploited the market is a joke.

    How do you fix it? Occam's Razor - the simplest solution is usually the best one. Bring it back to a free, user defined market albeit with the Price Ranges to limit coin selling/buying.

    1) Price ranges updated daily based on Average selling prices +/-20%
    2) No price ranges on any new IF's for 24hrs

    I have yet to come across anybody with major negatives about this solution. If you have one feel free to share. If not its time for EA to speak up, communicate to the consumers of the game and enter dialogue. Rather than just making decisions and passing them down to us like the law.

    So true, I play PS and the market is just truly ****. Sort it out EA, might as well not have a transfer market at this rate, save yourself a few quid as we all know that money is what you really care about.
  • Hannibal
    767 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2015
    @Rob or any other mods

    can we please just get a thread that is exclusively there to report players that wont sell for their minimum BIN? i think that for most people, the biggest issue with the PR are players that WONT SELL no matter what you do, thats a bigger problem than dealing with players who we cant get

    at least that way, EA would know the very specific players that NEED to be targetted and have their caps reduced

    i cant buy IF lewa / IF Hulk, thats fine, ill deal with it, but not being able to sell SIF matuidi, SIF rooney, Gotze etc. is actually 'unfair', if you consider that ive put FP on my acc, opened packs and now they are sitting in my club unsellable
  • sxckarma
    3550 posts National Call-Up
    Hannibal wrote: »
    @Rob or any other mods

    can we please just get a thread that is exclusively there to report players that wont sell for their minimum BIN? i think that for most people, the biggest issue with the PR are players that WONT SELL no matter what you do, thats a bigger problem than dealing with players who we cant get

    at least that way, EA would know the very specific players that NEED to be targetted and have their caps reduced

    i cant buy IF lewa / IF Hulk, thats fine, ill deal with it, but not being able to sell SIF matuidi, SIF rooney, Gotze etc. is actually 'unfair', if you consider that ive put FP on my acc, opened packs and now they are sitting in my club unsellable

    just cauz your on xbox...they should make xbox and ps just 1 market and everyone would solve own problems :wink:
  • Hannibal
    767 posts An Exciting Prospect
    sxckarma wrote: »
    Hannibal wrote: »
    @Rob or any other mods

    can we please just get a thread that is exclusively there to report players that wont sell for their minimum BIN? i think that for most people, the biggest issue with the PR are players that WONT SELL no matter what you do, thats a bigger problem than dealing with players who we cant get

    at least that way, EA would know the very specific players that NEED to be targetted and have their caps reduced

    i cant buy IF lewa / IF Hulk, thats fine, ill deal with it, but not being able to sell SIF matuidi, SIF rooney, Gotze etc. is actually 'unfair', if you consider that ive put FP on my acc, opened packs and now they are sitting in my club unsellable

    just cauz your on xbox...they should make xbox and ps just 1 market and everyone would solve own problems :wink:

    im on ps lol

    i just want my two SIF matuidi and this fat lump rooney to get out of my club lol
  • sxckarma
    3550 posts National Call-Up
    Hannibal wrote: »
    sxckarma wrote: »
    Hannibal wrote: »
    @Rob or any other mods

    can we please just get a thread that is exclusively there to report players that wont sell for their minimum BIN? i think that for most people, the biggest issue with the PR are players that WONT SELL no matter what you do, thats a bigger problem than dealing with players who we cant get

    at least that way, EA would know the very specific players that NEED to be targetted and have their caps reduced

    i cant buy IF lewa / IF Hulk, thats fine, ill deal with it, but not being able to sell SIF matuidi, SIF rooney, Gotze etc. is actually 'unfair', if you consider that ive put FP on my acc, opened packs and now they are sitting in my club unsellable

    just cauz your on xbox...they should make xbox and ps just 1 market and everyone would solve own problems :wink:

    im on ps lol

    i just want my two SIF matuidi and this fat lump rooney to get out of my club lol

    oh lol sorry....i though you couldnt sell if hulk/lewa...
    well any point of view you take this game now is fked
  • HK
    725 posts Semi-Pro
    On PS4

    How hard would it be for someone at EA to simply monitor accounts with millions and no games played? Also, how hard would it be to just block an account with say. ... 100 of any given toty or inform who is clearly breaking some rule? I understand it to hard to track everyone and **** loyal customers off who had no choice but to buy illegal coins to afford messi or ronaldo.... but can they really not just put an end to most of the coin selling by tracking these most obvious and blatantly illegal accounts? If a user has 1 billion trade profit and zero games played is that not enough proof?
  • Hannibal
    767 posts An Exciting Prospect
    didnt even realise how many NIF players had vanished off the market lol, tragic
  • holdenwait
    56551 posts National Treasure
    Kiwi wrote: »
    I can definitely see that PS is struggling massively more in the 'stupid pricing' department!! Am on Xbox myself and the prices are ... 'optimal'. In some areas too low even! IF Terry vs TOTY Luiz as an example. Anyway ...

    Did some research to see that on PS you can buy an account with 15M coins, for USD50 :o. How they heck can this still be happening!?!? This is where EA seriously need to step up & plug this gaping hole!

    wow wth... just spent 50 dollars on packs last night and that makes one feel really stupid..

    wont buy illegal coins but the cardweights are pathetic still, since day 1
  • Eric18
    374 posts Sunday League Hero

    PS4


    Since the release of the price range cap, the PS4 market seems to be back on track for a while but recently it is no longer the case. And I think it is fair to infer that the market fluctuation is related to the coin glitch and coinsellers:

    Firstly, player prices start to rise dramatically even player like Danilo can be sold for 6000 coins which is insane during the last weekend; Normal card Robben, Suarez, Lewandowski were occasionally going for their min with at least 15 pages two weeks ago, but this week, Suarez and Lewandowski are extinct, only 8 normal Robben can be found on the market.Not to mention other decent in-form players also heading to the same direction.

    Secondly, since April, in online season Division 1 I have played against numerous accounts created in April 2015 with all the high rated players from BPL and BBVA. Yet those account owners' in-game skills do no match the level of Division 1. So how is it possible for unskillful players to build such a decent squad within a month except for buying illegitimate coins/ mule accounts? Besides, through my investigation I also found a mule account with 1m coins was only sold for 7 dollars, a ridiculously low price. Apparently, things are out of control, illegitimate players will buy those accounts and get all the high rated players off causing them going extinct; decent Team of The Week players will not be obtainable; and the upcoming Team of The Season players seem to be a far away dream.

    I hear people on the Xbox platform are happy about the price range and they enjoy the fun of ultimate team because most of the coin glitches were fixed. But on PS4, we pay the same amount of the money for the game yet we have to suffer the overpriced/extinct players, and the illegitimate jack ****?

    How hard would it be for EA to fix the coin glitch and stop those damn coinsellers? How hard would it be for EA to track and ban those mule accounts?
  • Kiwi
    94 posts Park Captain
    What @killaree says is spot on & can only agree with his comments.

    So much is being made of ALL the price ranges, but when looking at it, there are minimal records that needs adjusting.

    Given that this all sits on a database, it should be pretty simple to write some scripts to track info, update as required and if there are major variances/anomalies, report on them accordingly.

    In the past we can see that they can track info around top goal scorers in FIFA (woohoo) - each card is a record in a table somewhere with that info.

    Back in FUT'12 I had an issue escalated (knew someone who knew someone else) with a SIF Chiellini ... they could track back to the specific card and related transactions that went on there. They even sent me a screenshot of the data.

    Again ... simple database management.
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    killaree wrote: »
    I don't see how people don't understand that daily price changes is completely unrealistic, do you not understand how many cards are in this game? It would make more sense if they adjusted some in the same time scale as they do now and come out and completely removed the minimum price range so people can sell as they see fit.

    How is that unrealistic? Lemme break it down for you.

    According to futhead, there are 263 pages of individual cards on FUT @ 48 cards per page = 12,624 cards.

    Now EA dont even have to change the price ranges of 90% of them, as according to futhead, 240 pages of them have the price range between 150-5000 coins. Thats 11,520 cards they don't have to monitor, leaving only 1,104 cards.

    Only 1000 or so cards they have to actively monitor to change ranges. Course I dont expect someone at EA HQ to sit on his computer manually changing every player range every day... It has to be automated. If futbin and futfocus and other sites can write bots that can determine the average price of a card on the fut market, Im sure with the resources EA have they can manage to write a bot that discover player average selling prices and then automatically adjusts the ranges based on that.

    Is that too much to ask? Pretty sure EA already have information to hand as to what each card average price is tbh. They would just need to write a bot to reflect that with the price ranges.

    Not unrealistic at all.

    Plus the 'no minimum' theory is garbage and does not resolve all the problems.

    Actually they would need to monitor all 12,624 cards since a card that is 150-5000 coins may need to rise to prevent extinction.

    But even then I work in a small bank, we have thousands of transactions per day across thousands of accounts. We can still pull data on all those transactions in less than 1 minute to produce a huge amount of reporting. EA can manage to pull daily data on 12,624 card and the average sale price of those cards (would be 100,000's of card sales per day though) and adjust the price range accordingly.
  • Kiwi
    94 posts Park Captain
    Runefang wrote: »
    But even then I work in a small bank, we have thousands of transactions per day across thousands of accounts. We can still pull data on all those transactions in less than 1 minute to produce a huge amount of reporting. EA can manage to pull daily data on 12,624 card and the average sale price of those cards (would be 100,000's of card sales per day though) and adjust the price range accordingly.

    Exactly ... 'big data' ... proper relational databases means these types of updates occur in seconds.

    If they haven't designed their database to cope with this, then it's another flaw in their processes & software.
  • Rinzler
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    for me trading was fun coz of the relative freedom you get by trying to get new deals,etc now its restricted due to price ranges :/
  • Deeenilo
    1201 posts Professional
    Kiwi wrote: »
    What @killaree says is spot on & can only agree with his comments.

    So much is being made of ALL the price ranges, but when looking at it, there are minimal records that needs adjusting.

    Given that this all sits on a database, it should be pretty simple to write some scripts to track info, update as required and if there are major variances/anomalies, report on them accordingly.

    In the past we can see that they can track info around top goal scorers in FIFA (woohoo) - each card is a record in a table somewhere with that info.

    Back in FUT'12 I had an issue escalated (knew someone who knew someone else) with a SIF Chiellini ... they could track back to the specific card and related transactions that went on there. They even sent me a screenshot of the data.

    Again ... simple database management.

    with a simple database managament SHOULD be possible to track coin buyers.

    some months ago i wrote that a solution could be a logfile with transactions, obviously only the "strange transactions".

    i mean, when a nif silver from tippaeligen get sold for 5m coins (with open market) it's something strange. they had to hire more people to watch markets, insted of rely on price ranges.

    this situation reminds me of last year on fut pc market, when every player was overpriced and toty went for 50m.

    with all these cards going extinct, the tots will be a nightmare on ps4.

    when they introduced price ranges for like one week there was few cards on market, when they did lowered caps everyone panicked and there were a lot of cards.

    if they keep to raise some prices people will hold cards, because nif messi is now almost extinct, and if they increase the cap of messi prices will go high again.

    the only not popular solution now could be to lower prices heavily now, before tots.

    as usual, who got screwed from this situation is, once again, the legit user. i've not bought coins and with my coins total i will never be able to pick tots ibra, the only card i wanted to pick. i have around 6m, and i cant afford not even motm ibra.

    i seriously think that they do not care about ps4, seeing the state of the market.
  • Xbox One
    I think that the price ranges should be adjusted every week as the new TOTW is released.
    And there should be something like if there are a certain amount of one player at the lowest BIN
    it should be automaticly adjusted. Players that have a low price range ( Ex. If Lewandowski, TIF Bolasie) should be easier to pack as they are out otherwise they get extinct.
Sign In or Register to comment.