Bidding canceling needed

H4all
127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 2016
Idea for fifa 17: cancelling a bid in Ultimate Team. Accidently put a bid on the wrong IF, costing me 80k in 1 second...
Post edited by H4all on

Comments

• COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Won't happen. Just take your time.

They won't put things in the game to make up for accidental mistakes bud.
  • Lobatoo__96
    83 posts Park Captain
    Won't happen, cause you could abuse it.
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Use a concept squad to buy players with multiple informs. It'll prevent things like this. Select the desired inform in your concept squad - press "look for player in transfer market" and it will bring up just those informs. You can then go into the market search filters (the player should already be selected) and then filter by price
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional
    edited January 2016
    Its only virtual currency. Accept you made a mistake and pay more attention next time, we have all been there at some point or another.

If that feature was in the game you could screw up the whole bidding system and possibly manipulate prices. It would be a disaster.
  • JohnDoe
    11854 posts Has That Special Something
    DonMega wrote: »
    Its only virtual currency. Accept you made a mistake and pay more attention next time, we have all been there at some point or another.

If that feature was in the game you could screw up the whole bidding system and possibly manipulate prices. It would be a disaster.

• The Shadow Knight
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    In a real auction once you have bidded on something you cannot retract it. Same applies here.
  • M3$$1
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    Op you sure you only need a cancelling bid feature?
    Why not ask for the refund option ?
  • H4all
    The refund option?
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

Yeah i would bid high on a guy and then let the auctiom run almost to the end anr cancel my bid to bid lower.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    hayhor1 wrote: »

Yeah i would bid high on a guy and then let the auctiom run almost to the end anr cancel my bid to bid lower.

Exactly
  • jbunnerz
    1310 posts Professional
    Would kill the game in one go
  • LucasAMC
    1152 posts Professional
    If people abuse of pace to win games easily, imagine about this to gain coins easily.
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    So you bid very high. Cancel it and bid low on the last 30 seconds. Easily abused.

Take your time bidding on something. It's not just one click of a button.
  • Wooly1203
    3080 posts National Call-Up

• A5B
    3220 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2016
    Not a terrible idea, but there's no chance it would ever become a feature. Maybe it could be a one-time-use catalogue item, or there could be one "bid cancel" token awarded to each user at the start of the year. Once used, the same item cannot be re-bid on.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Dumbest idea I've heard. Imagine a card being listed for example Toty Ronaldo Start price 300k Bin 8mil. Then someone bidding 7.999m then last 30 seconds cancels it's then gets it for 301k.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    A5B wrote: »
    Not a terrible idea, but there's no chance it would ever become a feature. Maybe it could be a one-time-use catalogue item, or there could be one "bid cancel" token awarded to each user at the start of the year. Once used, the same item cannot be re-bid on.

It could still be exploited very easily
  • A5B
    3220 posts National Call-Up

Maybe the auction could be reset to 1 minute after a bid is cancelled? Just spitballing here... :D
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    It works in MUT. Why wouldn't it work for FUT?
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner

It would be an awful idea
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner

Maybe the auction could be reset to 1 minute after a bid is cancelled? Just spitballing here... :D

I would say five minutes at the least, and only a one time opportunity, that wouldn't hurt the game too much.
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up

Still haven't said why.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner

Still haven't said why.

It's been stated multiple times throughout the thread
  • ZKnight
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sucks that it happened but bad idea for the reasons stated in the thread.
  • NittyRM3
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    It would be extremely unfair in many ways.Would cause a lot more price fixing too.
  • ukler8
    4762 posts National Call-Up
    It will be unfair. Suppose you bid 1 million on NIF Ronaldo. Other people will remove that card from their watchlist. But with 10 seconds remaining, you remove your 1 million bid and put in a 500k bid. It would unfair on the guy sellin the card.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    ukler8 wrote: »
    It will be unfair. Suppose you bid 1 million on NIF Ronaldo. Other people will remove that card from their watchlist. But with 10 seconds remaining, you remove your 1 million bid and put in a 500k bid. It would unfair on the guy sellin the card.

That's pretty much what I said .
  • iD33J91
    6062 posts Big Money Move
    Plus actions wouldn't end for hours with people constantly going backwards and forwards over prices!!
  • BU11ET
    1241 posts Play-Off Hero
    Moat stupidest idea I've ever heard
  • H4all
    edited January 2016
    Dumbest idea I've heard. Imagine a card being listed for example Toty Ronaldo Start price 300k Bin 8mil. Then someone bidding 7.999m then last 30 seconds cancels it's then gets it for 301k.

This shouldn't be too much of a problem. Options to prevent this could be:
    - Resetting timer to 3 min after withdrawal
    - Not be able to bid on the same card after withdrawal
    - Perhaps even not able to bid on the same kind of card for the next hour
    - Giving the bidder only 1 minute to withdraw the bid after being done
    - Withdrawal limit per day/week/month/in total.
    - No withdrawal within the last 10 minutes.

In a real auction once you have bidded on something you cannot retract it. Same applies here.

Also, in "real life" a bid isn't definitive until accepted by the seller

How does this work in MUT exactly?
    Post edited by H4all on