The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Is it still a football game?

Lillo86
118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 2016
"The most balanced Fifa ever", "Play Beautiful".

Well, it was good while it lasted.
The game now seems different from the first release.
Now 80% of online matches (especially FUT) are against kids who just constantly use dribbling/skill moves all the time and abuse the OP longshots.
This game is turned into a circus simulator.
What about increasing the fatigue drain when using three skill moves in a row in the next patch?

I bought the game because the demo was perfect for me (I really enjoyed playing it with full manual controls, slow speed and legendary difficulty).
Since EA tends to change the game later in order to make the kids and noob happy, I will never buy another Fifa game. Maybe I'll do it when they change the game engine, but until then I won't miss it.
Now when I want to play a skill-based football game, I get Rocket League.
Seriously, there is more tactic, teamplay and fun in this game than Fifa, especially when playing against high rank opponents.
Oh, and there is no scripting.

Cheers.

PS: sorry for my English.

Comments

• Tof64
    19 posts Ball Boy
    +1
  • Lillo86
    edited January 2016
    Seriously, I would like some real fix in the next patch:

- complete loss of stamina for those using multiple skill moves in a row
    - removing the longshot exploit by reducing the shot precision (only on assisted controls)
    - removing legacy defending
    - better goalkeeper positioning during free kicks
    - better player switching when defending

Post edited by Lillo86 on
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Lillo86 wrote: »
    What about increasing the fatigue drain when using three skill moves in a row in the next patch?

This would be nice.

It's the same every year though, after a couple of months everyone learns what works best and abuse the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of it. Just need to learn how to deal with it.
  • RadioShaq
    15454 posts Moderator
    Skills have always been that odd thing. People are usually ok with the game being arcade with skills. Look at the backlash when they nerfed the body feint.
  • Lillo86
    edited January 2016
    Just to be clear, I have nothing against skill moves.
    But skill moves should work only when done at the right time and space in my opinion, cause at the moment are too op. "Confidence in defending" is gone.
    Now in FUT, 3 oppontents out of 4 start rushing/dribbling/zigzaging even from the kick-off towards my box. Boring and annoying.
    It seems to play against a bunch of clowns instead of a football team.
    I bought fifa 16 because I wanted to play football, I already own a pinball game.

The best football matches I played were on H2H season with manual controls, definitely better played and less scripted than FUT.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    Agree demo was awesome
    Agree Rocket League is a better game
    Agree stamina penalty could be improved
  • I SiR MartY I
    5708 posts Big Money Move

Should depend on the skill, if you're doing ball rolls or a step over then it would barely phase a professional footballer but if you're spamming roulettes, rainbows or McGeady spins or tricks that would take some effort then you should get tired out.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro

Should depend on the skill, if you're doing ball rolls or a step over then it would barely phase a professional footballer but if you're spamming roulettes, rainbows or McGeady spins or tricks that would take some effort then you should get tired out.

Not just tired but doing skill moves in a row, should increase the error factor. I'm no professional but rarely can I complete 5 to six skill moves successively without mistake. So if a professional player is dribbling 5 professional defenders and is under pressure then surely by the fourth move there is enough error to concede possession, ya know?

• I SiR MartY I
    SuPeRz wrote: »

Not just tired but doing skill moves in a row, should increase the error factor. I'm no professional but rarely can I complete 5 to six skill moves successively without mistake. So if a professional player is dribbling 5 professional defenders and is under pressure then surely by the fourth move there is enough error to concede possession, ya know?

That's something people have been asking for EA to add for years, the ability for any player to do any skill move but their skill level factors the success rate so if you try to do a Rainbow with John Terry, its going to fail while trying it with Neymar will see it come off.

But again, should come down to the skill and the combination, I can do a lot of McGeady spins one after the other in real life, those are easy for me but if I tried to do more than one rainbow I would end up on the ground face first in the mud trying to rainbow a ball as its coming down from another rainbow, I assume it would be the same for a lot of others players in real life, trying something like a step over or turn would be easy but trying two rainbows consecutively would see them fail, but in Fifa you can rainbow from one goal to the other.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro

That's something people have been asking for EA to add for years, the ability for any player to do any skill move but their skill level factors the success rate so if you try to do a Rainbow with John Terry, its going to fail while trying it with Neymar will see it come off.

But again, should come down to the skill and the combination, I can do a lot of McGeady spins one after the other in real life, those are easy for me but if I tried to do more than one rainbow I would end up on the ground face first in the mud trying to rainbow a ball as its coming down from another rainbow, I assume it would be the same for a lot of others players in real life, trying something like a step over or turn would be easy but trying two rainbows consecutively would see them fail, but in Fifa you can rainbow from one goal to the other.

For John terry, he will just stand still and not attempt the move in the game. But yeh they need to sort it out. I can however do consecutive rainbows in real life lol.

I guess we just want more balance so that it's not abusive!
  • eladlad
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    But skill moves should work only when done at the right time and space in my opinion, cause at the moment are too op. "Confidence in defending" is gone.
    Now in FUT, 3 oppontents out of 4 start rushing/dribbling/zigzaging even from the kick-off towards my box. Boring and annoying.
    I bought fifa 16 because I wanted to play football, I already own a pinball game.

The best fo3otball matches I played were on H2H season with manual controls, definitely better played and less scripted than FUT.

Couldn't agree more. Add me for some manual matches if you're on xbox one.
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2016
    You guys are referring the Error & Fatigue factor. They could go hand in hand but NOT at all times. What bothers me the most is the R2 abuse in clubs!!! I have seen a lot people who are STs or CAMs and they come down to defend if their own box and somehow manage to get to their opponent box and run like speedy Gonzales and somehow to EA's aid manage to score, despite running like headless chickens!!! This is when Fatigue should increase the Error factor as de facto!
  • bravia26s
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    its much different from real football and video game football
    talk about skill moves
    In video games , everyone or every players can do skill moves
    nothing difficult , just take some time to master them
    but for real football , on the pitch , you can try follow Ronaldo ,
    Messi or Neymar skill moves
    if you cant , you train another ten years also you cant
    heehee
  • I SiR MartY I

For John terry, he will just stand still and not attempt the move in the game. But yeh they need to sort it out. I can however do consecutive rainbows in real life lol.

I guess we just want more balance so that it's not abusive!

Yup, more balance would be fantastic I like to do skills and some just feel broken and you can spam them out to move up the pitch.

And you need to show me how to do consecutive rainbows, doing one is my limit :D
  • Lillo86

You and Sir MartY have caught the point: some kind of penalty for those spamming skill moves like a clown.
  • Lillo86
    eladlad wrote: »

The best fo3otball matches I played were on H2H season with manual controls, definitely better played and less scripted than FUT.

Couldn't agree more. Add me for some manual matches if you're on xbox one.

I'm sorry bro.
    I have PC :(
  • Lillo86
    Not to mention that now it is impossible to beat opponents using the high pressure + legacy defending combo.
  • silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's more like a basketball game, take turns counter attacking, dribbling past 3 players and going for a long shot because it's more rewarding than a shot in the box.
  • eladlad
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not to mention that now it is impossible to beat opponents using the high pressure + legacy defending combo.
    Legacy defending is allowed online?!?

• Lillo86

eladlad wrote: »
    Legacy defending is allowed online?!?

No, it isn't.
    Local multiplayer is another story.
  • Lillo86
    Finally won Div 1 in FUT...what a pain though.
    #dribblepigs and #longshotswines in almost all the matches.
    Furthemore the high-pressure problem isn't gone.

Come on Aaron McHardy, bring the balance back for this tennis game, please.