Silver Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS *Final team*

Comments

• JohnDoe
    11309 posts Has That Special Something
    How come there are still no Liga Bancomer Mex player in here. There is are a bunch of players that deserve it.
    You should've said something, man. That's what this thread was for.
  • Marek
    982 posts Semi-Pro
    smaller, non western-euro league gets shitted on.

surprise, surprise.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    2951 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015
    Masakari wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Haha everyone is mad that Torres didn't get in :D Even though Samuelsen clearly deserves it more :D

Thats pretty much why everyone is moaning is because I removed Torres
    And rightly they moan, because he's been the very definition of consistence for Porto. Brilliant in 99% of their games.

If nothing else, the 5th ranked league should be represented, regardless if it's an official mandate or not.

Like I said before, criminal omission.

exactly its the fifth best league in the world!
    No one can say the rankings of the leagues doesn't impact selection for the likes of the bundesliga or pl players included, yet the portuguese league is just discarded for players from leagues that are equivalent to the conference in england.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    How come there are still no Liga Bancomer Mex player in here. There is are a bunch of players that deserve it.
    You should've said something, man. That's what this thread was for.
    Lots of people did, no one listened
  • Aarong222
    15405 posts Moderator
    Haha everyone is mad that Torres didn't get in :D Even though Samuelsen clearly deserves it more :D

And rightly they moan, because he's been the very definition of consistence for Porto. Brilliant in 99% of their games.

If nothing else, the 5th ranked league should be represented, regardless if it's an official mandate or not.

No one can say the rankings of the leagues doesn't impact selection for the likes of the bundesliga or pl players included, yet the portuguese league is just discarded for players from leagues that are equivalent to the conference in england.

The limits are set by EA not by me
  • Lurtex
    549 posts Sunday League Hero

Quality of league doesnt matter when it comes to how much of an impressive season a player had.
    Torres had a great season, so had others. Is it that hard to understand?
    The portugese league is not overlooked. You have a representive in the gold TOTS. You have had representives every other fifa. The likes of Tippeligaen have never been in a TOTS before. Not even a MOTM card.
  • Marek
    982 posts Semi-Pro

Definitely not aiming to get in a **** contest about quality of leagues, but you're talking about a league where 2 different clubs went unbeaten over a stretch of 2 separate seasons not too long ago. That is a joke, not a league lol.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    Lurtex wrote: »

Quality of league doesnt matter when it comes to how much of an impressive season a player had.
    The portugese league is not overlooked. You have a representive in the gold TOTS. You have had representives every other fifa. The likes of Tippeligaen have never been in a TOTS before. Not even a MOTM card.

Quality of league doesn't matter but the sympathy vote does? Ok mate it blatantly does matter
  • Nakamura
    4961 posts Big Money Move

Thanks for avoiding my questions, like you have done this entire process for most involved

Why should I respond to abuse. Your claims are pathetic

Abuse? Really? Bit sensitive that isn't it? I haven't abused you once, not from my understanding of the word anyway

Probably wanted Koscielny in the gold TOTS aswell.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    Nakamura wrote: »

Thanks for avoiding my questions, like you have done this entire process for most involved

Why should I respond to abuse. Your claims are pathetic

Abuse? Really? Bit sensitive that isn't it? I haven't abused you once, not from my understanding of the word anyway

Probably wanted Koscielny in the gold TOTS aswell.

What? Random much?
  • Lurtex
    549 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lurtex wrote: »

Quality of league doesn't matter but the sympathy vote does? Ok mate it blatantly does matter

Its not a vote... If it were, Torres would be in
  • Patrick Bamford? almost 20 goals and has carried middlesbrough on their great season. Also won championship player of the year!
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    Look lurtex dude we know you were gagging for that card it makes sense you collect the tippe players, I remember giving you a free holm and selling you a few tippe players in 13 but in no way did samuelson deserve it over torres especially seeing as the league was not represented at all. As to your other comment of having a portuguese player in tots in past years over tippe players I am sorry to say it but it has been that way rightfully so. No way should a tippe player be in over a portuguese league one when there stats are that similair.
    The staunchest of tippe fans would have to admit there is a gulf in quality
  • JohnDoe
    Marek wrote: »

Definitely not aiming to get in a **** contest about quality of leagues, but you're talking about a league where 2 different clubs went unbeaten over a stretch of 2 separate seasons not too long ago. That is a joke, not a league lol.
    Taking a stab at another league doesn't really help your case. Calling it "a joke" does even less for you.
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20023 posts Club Captain
    Look lurtex dude we know you were gagging for that card it makes sense you collect the tippe players, I remember giving you a free holm and selling you a few tippe players in 13 but in no way did samuelson deserve it over torres especially seeing as the league was not represented at all. As to your other comment of having a portuguese player in tots in past years over tippe players I am sorry to say it but it has been that way rightfully so. No way should a tippe player be in over a portuguese league one when there stats are that similair.
    So you are saying that the best Tippe player doesn't deserve it over a player that isn't even the best player in his club :D
  • AndySav92
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Patrick Bamford? almost 20 goals and has carried middlesbrough on their great season. Also won championship player of the year!

You're a little late unfortunately, but Bamford has a MOTM card so was inelidgable for this team anway
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    So you are saying that the best Tippe player doesn't deserve it over a player that isn't even the best player in his club :D
    Not when the portuguese league hasn't been represented at all and the stats are that similair, no.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil

using that logic samuelson deserves a tots more then any of the players in that draft that are not the outright best players in their teams. How does torres having good team mates take anythin away from his own achievments in a vastly superior league?
  • Marek
    982 posts Semi-Pro
    Marek wrote: »

Taking a stab at another league doesn't really help your case. Calling it "a joke" does even less for you.

a spade is a spade. I'm just calling it how i see it. That league is 2 bullies with 14 punching bags. How many teams have less than 25 goals scored in 30 matches? was it 6 or 7? please...
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20023 posts Club Captain
    Not when the portuguese league hasn't been represented at all and the stats are that similair, no.
    Torres wasn't even the best option from the league acording to alot of Portuguesse league watcher's :D
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro

Like most of his backers, you offered very little factually in your comment. His card would've been great, I know. Maybe he'll get a ROTW TOTS card.
    What comment? I made several in the first pages outlining his stats and contribution to Porto's season. I just didn't stick around to talk about him on every page of the 228 pages.

He's been a vital part of a team that reached the last 8 of the CL, is fighting for the title, has goals, has assists, and he's the poster child of consistency.

Anyway, the damage is done. Time to epic facepalm at aaron's massive fail.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something

Let's just have the rest of the slots as Portuguese league because it's the best league outside the required ones!!
  • JohnDoe

Like most of his backers, you offered very little factually in your comment. His card would've been great, I know. Maybe he'll get a ROTW TOTS card.
    What comment? I made several in the first pages outlining his stats and contribution to Porto's season. I just didn't stick around to talk about him on every page of the 228 pages.

He's been a vital part of a team that reached the last 8 of the CL, is fighting for the title, has goals, has assists, and he's the poster child of consistency.

The poster child of consistency? Also, cringe.

• Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    edited April 2015
    Jake wrote: »

Let's just have the rest of the slots as Portuguese league because it's the best league outside the required ones!!

Yes because thats exactly what I said.
    Though having one representative is barely outrageous, maybe even makes logical sense. But who cares for logic lets just do it totally on a whim
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Good job Aaron. :)

Looking forward to partnering SIF Garner with TOTS Henderson. :o
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20023 posts Club Captain

Though having one representative is barely outrageous, maybe even makes logical sense. But who cares for logic lets just do it totally on a whim
    Tbh i just think we should look at Uefa's rankings and only give player's who play's in the top 10 a TOTS.
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro

Go cringe elsewhere as you have zero arguments.
  • JohnDoe

Go cringe elsewhere as you have zero arguments.
    The "cringe" bit was directed at the "epic facepalm" bit. And I did have arguments, given that my contribution to this thread (obviously, along with others') was a part of why Torres was replaced for a player from a "tinpot" league.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil

Tbh i just think we should look at Uefa's rankings and only give player's who play's in the top 10 a TOTS.

Again that is exactly what I said.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    seething