TV Series Thread

Comments

  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Finished it. Pretty enjoyable but not nearly as good as the Jinx and Serial.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    So started The Sopranos finally. Think @Vela bringing it up again was a sign.

    Think this chick in the first episode was in SoA

    6e4952efeab5c0292bb083d4f521f0eb.gif
    Drea De Matteo, she's great in Desperate Housewives
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Angie was indeed fantastic :blush:
  • Dan13
    4678 posts National Call-Up
    Chubbs wrote: »
    So started The Sopranos finally. Think @Vela bringing it up again was a sign.

    Think this chick in the first episode was in SoA

    6e4952efeab5c0292bb083d4f521f0eb.gif
    Drea De Matteo, she's great in Desperate Housewives

    And in the hit comedy Joey
  • Ryan
    9476 posts League Winner
    Watched all of Ash vs Evil Dead yesterday, rather enjoyed it. The season finale tonight, shall be praying Indi makes it out alive.
  • Low Ki
    11789 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2016
    Ryan wrote: »
    Watched all of Ash vs Evil Dead yesterday, rather enjoyed it. The season finale tonight, shall be praying Indi makes it out alive.

    "Go back to England... Or wherever it is that you are from!"

    I wonder how they would have ended it had they not been given the green light for a second season.
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    So I've been watching Sons of Anarchy Im on season 3 right now and I kind of just got bored of it and stopped watching. Can someone convince me that it picks up again after season 2?
  • Warrior
    1775 posts Moderator
    SOA is good
    The ending is really bad though
  • Low Ki
    11789 posts Has That Special Something
    Warrior wrote: »
    SOA is good
    The ending is really bad though

    The series fell apart for me the season when
    Opie died
    . Not that the moment wasn't powerful in its own right, but the writing turned into a shock value car crash writing week after week from then.
  • SF9
    8371 posts League Winner
    Neal wrote: »
    So I've been watching Sons of Anarchy Im on season 3 right now and I kind of just got bored of it and stopped watching. Can someone convince me that it picks up again after season 2?

    Not gonna lie the first 2 seasons are the best imo, but it's still good. Season 3 isn't great but the finale saves it, season 3 & season 5 finale are GOAT
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2016
    The first two seasons are the best in the series.

    After that it was up and down really. I thought season 7 was really bad actually. The finale was quite good other than
    the final shot.

    Agree with @SF9, the season 3 finale is fantastic.
  • Ryan
    9476 posts League Winner
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Watched all of Ash vs Evil Dead yesterday, rather enjoyed it. The season finale tonight, shall be praying Indi makes it out alive.

    "Go back to England... Or wherever it is that you are from!"

    I wonder how they would have ended it had they not been given the green light for a second season.

    Poor Indi/Heather :disappointed:

    Not sure how they would have ended it, would have been a bit of a rush job as it still seemed rather far from a decent ending. Rather looking forward to the second season.
  • SterlingArcher
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Finally started watching Luther, only 1 episode in and I can already tell I'm going to love it, massive fan of Idris Elba.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    all about ruth wilson tbh, honest
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    SF9 wrote: »
    Neal wrote: »
    So I've been watching Sons of Anarchy Im on season 3 right now and I kind of just got bored of it and stopped watching. Can someone convince me that it picks up again after season 2?

    Not gonna lie the first 2 seasons are the best imo, but it's still good. Season 3 isn't great but the finale saves it, season 3 & season 5 finale are GOAT
    SC1967 wrote: »
    The first two seasons are the best in the series.

    After that it was up and down really. I thought season 7 was really bad actually. The finale was quite good other than
    the final shot.

    Agree with @SF9, the season 3 finale is fantastic.

    Darn :( Appreciate the honesty though, thanks guys. May finish it later, just kind of annoying that its not on netflix, it just makes binging things easier.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Ash wrote: »
    all about ruth wilson tbh, honest

    Her mouth really annoys me. :D
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Neal wrote: »
    SF9 wrote: »
    Neal wrote: »
    So I've been watching Sons of Anarchy Im on season 3 right now and I kind of just got bored of it and stopped watching. Can someone convince me that it picks up again after season 2?

    Not gonna lie the first 2 seasons are the best imo, but it's still good. Season 3 isn't great but the finale saves it, season 3 & season 5 finale are GOAT
    SC1967 wrote: »
    The first two seasons are the best in the series.

    After that it was up and down really. I thought season 7 was really bad actually. The finale was quite good other than
    the final shot.

    Agree with @SF9, the season 3 finale is fantastic.

    Darn :( Appreciate the honesty though, thanks guys. May finish it later, just kind of annoying that its not on netflix, it just makes binging things easier.

    Where are you from?

    Just change your DNS if you're on a console.
  • Chubbs
    14426 posts Has That Special Something
    Finished up the first season of The Sopranos last night. Enjoying it for the most part, going to take the rest of the semester to get finished up as this will be my busiest term I have ever had. Interested to see how they are going to make the story interesting for the remaining seasons as the first took away one of the only narratives I could think of in a Mob story.
    I guess RICO and law enforcement will play huge parts in the coming seasons.
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Neal wrote: »
    SF9 wrote: »
    Neal wrote: »
    So I've been watching Sons of Anarchy Im on season 3 right now and I kind of just got bored of it and stopped watching. Can someone convince me that it picks up again after season 2?

    Not gonna lie the first 2 seasons are the best imo, but it's still good. Season 3 isn't great but the finale saves it, season 3 & season 5 finale are GOAT
    SC1967 wrote: »
    The first two seasons are the best in the series.

    After that it was up and down really. I thought season 7 was really bad actually. The finale was quite good other than
    the final shot.

    Agree with @SF9, the season 3 finale is fantastic.

    Darn :( Appreciate the honesty though, thanks guys. May finish it later, just kind of annoying that its not on netflix, it just makes binging things easier.

    Where are you from?

    Just change your DNS if you're on a console.

    I do that on my smart tv but it doesn't work anymore.
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well I got it to work. Gonna pick up a 30 min sitcom type show to watch after I finish Season 2 of Bojack Horseman which is probably one of my favourite shows.
  • Low Ki
    11789 posts Has That Special Something
    Netflix's Degrassi reboot is actually pretty decent.
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Sunny is back tonight and they're playing Chardee MacDennis again. :blush:
  • Dan13
    4678 posts National Call-Up
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Netflix's Degrassi reboot is actually pretty decent.

    Nahhh
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Netflix's Degrassi reboot is actually pretty decent.

    Nahhh

    where is it? Cant see it.
  • Low Ki
    11789 posts Has That Special Something
    Neal wrote: »
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Netflix's Degrassi reboot is actually pretty decent.

    Nahhh

    where is it? Cant see it.

    Airing daily on the Family Channel in Canada Mon-Fri. Will be released on Netflix 15th Jan.
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Neal wrote: »
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Netflix's Degrassi reboot is actually pretty decent.

    Nahhh

    where is it? Cant see it.

    Airing daily on the Family Channel in Canada Mon-Fri. Will be released on Netflix 15th Jan.

    damn, family channel is one of the only I dont get in HD I think. Plus never really watch cable except the movie and sports channels :(
  • Dan13
    4678 posts National Call-Up
    You're not missing out, trust me.
  • SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Family channel was goat back in the day
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2016
    Anyone here watch Rick and Morty? just started and holy **** its become one of my favourite shows. Best cartoon/adult cartoon I've seen in a while. I love it. Love the dark comedy/sci fi elements and creativity. It's actually deep and profound at times
    Post edited by Shane on
Sign In or Register to comment.