• Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Joberto wrote: »
    Where's the rating system gone? shambles

Utter shambles.

I don't trust myself to be consistent
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Going to watch the original star wars trilogy later today. It's going to be my first time watching it haha. Hope it lives up to the hype
  • Chris
    Shane wrote: »
    Going to watch the original star wars trilogy later today. It's going to be my first time watching it haha. Hope it lives up to the hype

Episode 5 is one of the greatest films of all time
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Chris wrote: »

yeah, heard lots of great things about empire strikes back. How are the other two?
  • Chris

yeah, heard lots of great things about empire strikes back. How are the other two?

Both very very good
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Just watched Blade Runner, disgusted with myself that I put it off for this long.
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Don't waste your time.
  • Chris
    366 Days of Movies #3 - Toy Story (1995)
    Not the first time watching this film but the first time in a while to say the least. Didn't want to watch anything to heavy, was way too tired. Great film, this time watching, I was really able to appreciate a lot of the jokes put in there for the adults.

• Low Ki
    11855 posts Has That Special Something
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens expected to top Avatar's American box office records by midweek
    http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-expected-to-top-avatar/396245

Thank **** someone will finally wipe away James Cameron's name from the record books bit by bit.
  • Chris
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens expected to top Avatar's American box office records by midweek
    http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-expected-to-top-avatar/396245

Thank **** someone will finally wipe away James Cameron's name from the record books bit by bit.

Avatar must be one of the most over rated films of all time, I didn't like it
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2016
    Saw a new hope and empire strikes back earlier. Enjoyed both a lot. The characters, dialogue and Star Wars universe were all excellent and fun.

While I think they're both very, very good films I wouldn't rank empire strikes back as one of the best films ever. I can see why people might though
  • Kyle1996
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    The dialogue :D
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Kyle1996 wrote: »
    The dialogue :D

for a sci-fi fantasy film, yeah
  • Chubbs
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    @chris running out of time, will the streak end at #3?
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chubbs wrote: »

He does it after midnight.
  • Chubbs
    Daniel wrote: »

He does it after midnight.

Ahh, ok.

Anyways I rewatched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind last night for the first time in a while. One of my favorite films ever.
  • Ryan
    9476 posts League Winner
    edited January 2016
    Christ, watched The Visit as I've heard decent things about it and it's absolutely terrible. So many stupid things about it.

Actually commented before the proper end. Explains one stupid thing, but still so many of them.
  • SterlingArcher
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ryan wrote: »
    Christ, watched The Visit as I've heard decent things about it and it's absolutely terrible. So many stupid things about it.

Actually commented before the proper end. Explains one stupid thing, but still so many of them.

Actually seen it in the cinema, didn't think it was terrible but most of the scenes didn't feel connected in any way which made some 10 minute periods of the film feel pointless.
  • Ryan
    9476 posts League Winner
    I really didn't like it. The documentary style saved it from being one of my least favourite films of all time, but the characters are rather dislikeable and the twist seems so forced.
  • SterlingArcher
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's a problem, imo, that Shyamalan HAS to have a twist in all of his films, you're just waiting for it to happen and it got to a point in The Visit where the twist wasn't as surprising as I'm sure he hoped it would be.
  • Chris

I'm in in Aus so the time difference is big for you guys in America lol I'm not sure when it goes up for you

I'm in the middle of watching number 4
  • Chubbs

I'm in in Aus so the time difference is big for you guys in America lol I'm not sure when it goes up for you

No worries, forgot you were over that way. Didnt want you to slip up so early.
  • Chris

No worries, forgot you were over that way. Didnt want you to slip up so early.
    Idk how long it'll last, especially if I work anymore 12 hour shifts
  • Chris
    edited January 2016
    366 Days of Movies #4 - Toy Story 2 (1999)
    Was planning on watching SE7EN today, but I don't feel too well so I'll probably watched the third Toy Story tomorrow and SE7EN the day after. Love this film, not as good as the first, or the subsequent third Toy Story, but still a great film non-the-less. Nicely introduces the new characters into the series. Wish I could back to when I was younger watching these film for the first time.

• Dan13
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    I thought the second Toy Story was the best one.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    3 definitely isn't better than 2
  • Chris
    Ash wrote: »
    3 definitely isn't better than 2

In your opinon
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Nah, just common sense