4-4-1-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Getbanged_2015
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shud I play Sif hulk at cf or rm?
  • Slikwille
    486 posts Sunday League Hero
    Here is some gameplay with the new patch:

Goal highlights so you can see the pretty passing on Modric's goal in the first half:

I was using @Khangaskhan17 custom tactics, but used organized instead of free form in buildup. Chance creation was still FF.

I also setup Lewandowski to have Stay Central and Target Man instructions. These seem to help him get involved a lot more.

I also have both fullbacks set to always overlap. I've found that they don't really suffer defensively, but you really notice a difference in your buildup play with them Always Overlapping.
  • Littleland95
    17127 posts Moderator
    Have found out that if I struggle with counters and being overrun in midfield it helps for me to just change to Possession on the D-pad.

It's not as attacking but still enough to create a lot of chances.

You are correct about that my friend due to the values of the default possession tactic.

I would like to add that counters are an issue with any possession setup in this game or IRL.

The best way to prevent a counter with this formation, or any really, is actually not by worrying about defending them, but by focusing on not turning the ball over cheaply in dangerous areas of the pitch. The best defense is a good offense. They can't counter if they hardly ever touch the ball. ;)

True. :)

Thanks to your tips my defending has improved and I'm not letting it that many goals anymore. :)

Trying to play more "safe" passes helps a lot as well.
  • Khangaskhan17
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    @Slikwille - Watched you're gameplay bud. Good stuff. Looks like you're getting very comfortable with Muller. You really dominated that match. :p

My only input is to use R2 more sparingly on defense as it might increase ground covered but lowers the precision of your tackles.
  • The longest yard
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    Some outstanding players for me the last few weeks. Sold up for Futmas and TOTY so figured I'd share their stats before parting :cry:

1z3mhs3.jpg

124aej6.jpg

No way you sold modric mate
  • croSpartan
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I also sold everything, even my dear messi :'( but you gotta do what you gotta do expecting futmas and toty.
    Does anyone have any idea for a nice cheapish team?
  • The longest yard
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    croSpartan wrote: »
    I also sold everything, even my dear messi :'( but you gotta do what you gotta do expecting futmas and toty.

I thought that said your dear misus then haha
  • croSpartan
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    croSpartan wrote: »

I thought that said your dear misus then haha

Hahaha, yea i think she woludnt be very happy with that :smiley:
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    On Xbox 1 now I'm on a 7 match unbeaten run with 1 draw and the rest wins.

IF Slimani works really well as STr i this formation. Used Montero behind him and he get a lot of chance but hits the posts a lot. :)

Carvalho needs to be replaced. He wins the ball but his passing is not working in this formation.

Curious how the patch will affect my play when it arrives on the X1 but having fun playing FUT again. :)

Wow. You just posted my exact impressions that were in my head when I first tried this formation a few weeks ago with my NOS squad. ☺

I went for Gutuierrez though and really discovered that guy as a CF for me and adopted my CF requirements for the other squads according to his type of player :) I also rediscovered Gaitan for me in the 4411 (cut inside, come short, help on defense) - hes actually all over the pitch and his crosses are golden. Didnt like him before but love him ever since!

Btw. thanks for this thread - its always a good read and a place where ppl actually feel welcome! Keep up the good spirit!
  • Maher
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Im in love with this formation.
    Quick question guys is Muller the best cf in the game after messi?
    Im trying to build this team.
    Lew
    Muller
    Ribery and lahm cm and the rest hybrid.
  • Maher
    Lew
    Muller
  • DDMAC007
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maher wrote: »
    Lew
    Muller

Good choice bro lewa muller and ribery smashing it for me tbh i only think rooneys better in that role and messi of course but muller is real good does it for me anyways
  • DDMAC007 wrote: »
    Lew
    Muller

Good choice bro lewa muller and ribery smashing it for me tbh i only think rooneys better in that role and messi of course but muller is real good does it for me anyways

Muller is awesome as CF and same with Tevez. But more difficult to build around Tevez.

Not tried Rooney as I'm very low on coins.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Can someone help me with a Serie A hybrid involving TIF Neymar? Also have if Douglas Costa and Sif Hulk, but reckon they will be hard to fit. Budget 200k not involving the mentioned players. I would really like to try Sif Pjanic also.
  • DDMAC007
    DDMAC007 wrote: »
    Lew
    Muller

Muller is awesome as CF and same with Tevez. But more difficult to build around Tevez.

Yh i had tevez for like 3 games really hard to build around unless you got like a million coins lol if you like muller try rooney when you have enough his shooting is insane i used him as deadeye his finesse never seemed to fail but muller is good choice wish i could afford his if tho
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lew
    Muller

Yh i had tevez for like 3 games really hard to build around unless you got like a million coins lol if you like muller try rooney when you have enough his shooting is insane i used him as deadeye his finesse never seemed to fail but muller is good choice wish i could afford his if tho

Muller is a great CF. I found Rooney as a better Striker.
  • Littleland95
    17127 posts Moderator
    Lew
    Muller

Tevez works very well in this team:

ZBJzHvN.png

Should be possible to improve it without spending lots of coins.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    I found a way with tif Neymar, with a German hybrid. Who do you guys recommend in CF an ST positions between Sif Kruse, Muller, Lewa and Aub? I am tempted playing Kruse at CF and Muller at ST (and saving coins for TOTY).
  • Slikwille
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    I found a way with tif Neymar, with a German hybrid. Who do you guys recommend in CF an ST positions between Sif Kruse, Muller, Lewa and Aub? I am tempted playing Kruse at CF and Muller at ST (and saving coins for TOTY).

@Cantona84

When I first started using a Bundesliga side I had the loaned version of Muller at CF and NIF Kruse at ST. They worked very well in those positions, so that's what I would recommend if you really want to save your coins.

Now to be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with any combination of those players. They all perform well in this formation in different ways.
  • Slikwille
    edited December 2015
    Lew
    Muller

@Maher

Muller is tremendous for me as a CF. Look at the video I posted below for some game play with my team to get an idea of how Lewandowski (ST), Muller (CF), Ribery (LM), and Vidal (LCM) work in this formation.

• Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Slikwille wrote: »

@Cantona84

When I first started using a Bundesliga side I had the loaned version of Muller at CF and NIF Kruse at ST. They worked very well in those positions, so that's what I would recommend if you really want to save your coins.

Now to be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with any combination of those players. They all perform well in this formation in different ways.

Thank you for a very informative answer.

This is the team I have thought about:

Lewa
    Sif Kruse
    Tif Neymar Luiz G Vidal If Doug Costa

Alex Sandro if Thiago S Naldo If Maicon

Diego Alves

What do you think?
  • Maher
    @Slikwille i did watch your video bro he is stealing the show i will try him tonight cant go wrong with his 94 positioning and 89 finishing whats your instructions for lew and Muller?
  • Slikwille
    edited December 2015
    @Slikwille i did watch your video bro he is stealing the show i will try him tonight cant go wrong with his 94 positioning and 89 finishing whats your instructions for lew and Muller?

@Maher

Muller - all default instructions.
    Lew - Stay Central, and Target Man.

* I've tried a bunch of different instructions for Lew, and I just found he is more impactful when he stays more central to make give-and-go passes with the CF and CMs, or as a pivot player to get a streaking winger involved. With his high positioning stat he will still make really intelligent runs through the defense, and these seem most effective for me with those instructions.
  • Slikwille
    edited December 2015

@Cantona84

Lewa
    Sif Kruse

Diego Alves

What do you think?
    @Cantona84

1. Definitely build it and try it. The most fun part of Fut, for me, is building new teams to see how they play.
    2. Luiz Gustavo's vision is a little low, so I would not expect him to help you unlock defenses with the ball at his feet. Vidal should be adequate in that role. I personally haven't used Gustavo in this formation, but when I used him in a 4231, he was surprisingly decent at dribbling and has a good shot when he gets forward.
    3. Douglas Costa's work rates make him a little difficult to use in this formation, as has been documented before in the thread. A good way to overcome the med/low work rate is to instruct him to stay forward and to get the ball to him early in your buildup. With the ball at his feet, you can skill around the other team's LB, or play give-and-go passes to your RB, RCM, CF, or ST to get Douglas Costa up the pitch.
    4. Haven't used Neymar, but I'm sure he will be incredible.
    5. I would use Lewandowski as a Target Man. He is great for me an t holding the ball up in the middle, which allows your CF and RM/LM to make runs into space behind the defense.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner

@Cantona84

Lewa
    Sif Kruse

Diego Alves

What do you think?
    @Cantona84

1. Definitely build it and try it. The most fun part of Fut, for me, is building new teams to see how they play.
    2. Luiz Gustavo's vision is a little low, so I would not expect him to help you unlock defenses with the ball at his feet. Vidal should be adequate in that role. I personally haven't used Gustavo in this formation, but when I used him in a 4231, he was surprisingly decent at dribbling and has a good shot when he gets forward.
    3. Douglas Costa's work rates make him a little difficult to use in this formation, as has been documented before in the thread. A good way to overcome the med/low work rate is to instruct him to stay forward and to get the ball to him early in your buildup. With the ball at his feet, you can skill around the other team's LB, or play give-and-go passes to your RB, RCM, CF, or ST to get Douglas Costa up the pitch.
    5. I would use Lewandowski as a Target Man. He is great for me an t holding the ball up in the middle, which allows your CF and RM/LM to make runs into space behind the defense.

Great answer! Thank you. Who would you use behind Lewa? Sif Kruse or Muller?
  • Slikwille

@Cantona84

Lewa
    Sif Kruse

Diego Alves

What do you think?
    @Cantona84

Personally, I prefer Muller. But I haven't used SIF Kruse so I can't say how he plays in the role. All I know is Muller is one of the best CF's in the game.
  • Khangaskhan17
    3950 posts National Call-Up

@Cantona84

Lewa
    Sif Kruse

Diego Alves

What do you think?
    @Cantona84

Personally, I prefer Muller. But I haven't used SIF Kruse so I can't say how he plays in the role. All I know is Muller is one of the best CF's in the game.

Yeah, Muller > SIF Kruse
  • DDMAC007
    Lew
    Muller

@Maher

Muller is tremendous for me as a CF. Look at the video I posted below for some game play with my team to get an idea of how Lewandowski (ST), Muller (CF), Ribery (LM), and Vidal (LCM) work in this formation.

Nice play my team is similar just no bale and mostly bayern player what camera angle is that looks good to play possession football?
  • DDMAC007
    Lew
    Muller

Tevez works very well in this team:

ZBJzHvN.png

Should be possible to improve it without spending lots of coins.

Thanks dude might try this as a back up team got like 30k on xbox should be able to make this team quite easily with that whos the right back?
  • Slikwille
    Lew
    Muller

@Maher

Nice play my team is similar just no bale and mostly bayern player what camera angle is that looks good to play possession football?

Coop Camera
    Forget the height and zoom, but you can play around with it to what you prefer.