4-4-1-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• PezMan123
    859 posts An Exciting Prospect
    going to give this formation a try, ive got 550k, any reccomendations? dont mind 7 chem. thanks
  • PezMan123 wrote: »
    going to give this formation a try, ive got 550k, any reccomendations? dont mind 7 chem. thanks

Build around Muller. He's awesome in this formation.
  • Khangaskhan17
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    CrashDavus wrote: »
    Back to back wins for the first time in over 20 matches.

Auba is decent, but not as quick as his status would suggest. Muller seems faster most of the time for some reason. But Auba scores.

Would it be advisable to sell Auba and try to go for SIF Kruse?

I did. I had SIF Auba and was not impressed with him at all.

So SIF Kruse is worth the coins?

Absolutely.
  • Littleland95
    17151 posts Moderator
    Gonna lose 10k if I sell Auba now. Might wait and see if he rises again.
  • Shingalallada
    2229 posts Fans' Favourite
    da-bever wrote: »
    Thanks @Khangaskhan17 for the guide.

I am someone who likes to play a possession based game and this formation is perfect for me. I was using the 4-2-3-1(2) but it didn’t offer me enough offensively. I managed to get back in div 1 while playing decent football. The only thing I dislike is that I am vulnerable on the counter-attack. But so is every formation if you play a possession based game.

4411_zpsa1h15zgx.png

Glad it was helpful mate. I agree about the 4231(2) this year.

Yeah, counters are the main weakness of the formation. It's so important to be good on the ball and not turn it over in central areas. If you're conceding more than 1 goal per game, I'd recommend the following trying one or some of the following steps:
    1. switching your CT to organized.
    2. putting one or even both of the fullbacks on stay back.
    3. You could even combo that with a deeper line in your CT.

I noticed you use two H/M CBs. Might work for you but I'd recommend swapping one of them out since no one on your D-line has a high defensive workrate.

Hope that helps mate.

I try to get Bonaventura more inside while Alba covers the whole left flank. Then i hope that De Rossi gets behind Marchisio and Bonaventura and act like a sweeper. I already have Carvajal on stay behind. The problem is more that De Rossi gets further up the pitch because he is so involved in the build-up play.

Who do you recommend as a CB? maybe IF Martinez and Alaba?

Ah it's all preference anyways but I like having at least one L/H or M/H CB. Don't think the are any good Spanish CBs with those work rates though. IF Martinez would be very good though. I use him as well.

Honestly, if it were my team I'd replaced that entire defensive line with Juventus defenders. They're cheap and good.

I was thinking about that aswell. I just wanted to try IF Casillas and needed some spanish players. Would you replace DDR for another Serie A midfielder if i went full Juventus defence?

If you're already good at defending then replace DDR with Nainggolan (soo goood). If not so much, then keep DDR for his work rates.

Thank you. Will keep you updated. Maybe i will get in Candreva as i am not impressed by Cuadrado

Ah I wasn't gonna say anything cause it's you're preference but now that you mention it, I can't stand Cuadrado. He's so lazy cause of his work rates and his off-ball runs are terrible. Just my experience though.

Yeah that's what i hate the most about him. He is standing next to my rb and when he is going forward his runs are terrible. Had some good experiences with Candreva so Cuadrado needs to step up his game.

Candreva is my second favorite RM this year after Bale. Easily the best though for the value.

Yes i agree. He has everything that a winger needs. Just to bad that he doesn't have a 4*skills as i like to do the scoop turn.

Fully agree with that! How do you do the scoop turn though? @da-bever

• PezMan123
    would this work?

aubameyang
    reus (7chem)
    ribery - vidal - modric - bale
    alaba - boateng - ramos - alves
    de gea (7chem)
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    @PezMan123 looks ok. Muller is so good though.
  • PezMan123
    Xtc wrote: »

yea loved him when ive used him, reus or ribery lm then?

or ill play muller cm ;)
  • Slikwille
    486 posts Sunday League Hero
    PezMan123 wrote: »

or ill play muller cm ;)

@PezMan123

IMO, I would keep Ribery at LM (better workrates than Reus and 5* skills) , play Reus at ST, and use Muller at CF. Unless your Auba is the SIF or you just really want to use Auba.
  • PezMan123
    Slikwille wrote: »

or ill play muller cm ;)

@PezMan123

IMO, I would keep Ribery at LM (better workrates than Reus and 5* skills) , play Reus at ST, and use Muller at CF. Unless your Auba is the SIF or you just really want to use Auba.

wanna stick with auba, coz his high/low work rates will be great for getting in behind when mullers holding up the ball
  • Xtc
    Muller is a must for me :)
  • Xtc
    edited December 2015
    @Khangaskhan17 @CrashDavus One for you guys :)

857e230269febb2406a18277c17020ba.png

using this. with NIF Chiellini. very solid. Goals from the middle 4. Not much from tgw wide men. Enjoying it.
  • PezMan123

using this. with NIF Chiellini. very solid. Goals from the middle 4. Not much from tgw wide men. Enjoying it.

not worth spending big on wide players then?
  • Maher
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special

In St or cf?
  • Littleland95
    17151 posts Moderator
    Maher wrote: »

In St or cf?

He's amazing as CF.

Build your team around him.
  • Littleland95
    17151 posts Moderator
    Sold Auba and Kroos with a 10k loss but should be able to get SIF Kruse now.
  • Slikwille
    @Khangaskhan17

Been thinking about making a new fitness team using Tevez, and since I know you have used him I'd like your input on the following questions:

1. Do think a combination of Higuain at ST and Tevez at CF would work? I imagine it would play similarly to my team with Lewandowski and Muller but I might be wrong.
    2. Is Tevez's passing too low for the CF position?
    3. If you think Tevez would be better utilized at ST, what Argentinian player would you recommend at CF? (not totally against using a LM/RM there off position)

Thanks in advance!
  • Xtc

not worth spending big on wide players then?

I would say get the right workrates.

• Xtc
    TEVEZ is great at CF
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    would this work?

aubameyang
    reus (7chem)
    ribery - vidal - modric - bale
    alaba - boateng - ramos - alves
    de gea (7chem)

You'd be better off with Reus at ST and Muller at CF.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Khangaskhan17

Been thinking about making a new fitness team using Tevez, and since I know you have used him I'd like your input on the following questions:

1. Do think a combination of Higuain at ST and Tevez at CF would work? I imagine it would play similarly to my team with Lewandowski and Muller but I might be wrong.
    3. If you think Tevez would be better utilized at ST, what Argentinian player would you recommend at CF? (not totally against using a LM/RM there off position)

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it would be a perfect combo workrates- and ability- wise. Higuain is great at link up play and Tevez has the pace and skillset to compliment him well. Only problem are your links for wingers. I'd recommend Candreva on the right and maybe Mertens on 7 chem on the left.

What's your budget?
  • PezMan123
    what positions are the ones your blow most of your coins on in this formation?

and whos the been the best places youve used in this formation?
  • SSS
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    So I got weak, bought my two 100K packs, and now have no coins left. Whoops. So now looking to make my Serie A team on a budget. A few questions to help me maximize my return:

- Palacio or Higuain at striker? Palacio's agility and dribbling is enticing.

- Is 7 chem Mertens a big upgrade on Anderson at LM?

- Is it worth scrambling to get 8 chem Tevez at CF over Dybala (or Mertens)?

Thanks!
  • Slikwille
    edited December 2015
    @Khangaskhan17

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it would be a perfect combo workrates- and ability- wise. Higuain is great at link up play and Tevez has the pace and skillset to compliment him well. Only problem are your links for wingers. I'd recommend Candreva on the right and maybe Mertens on 7 chem on the left.

What's your budget?

Budget is 150k on PS4, and I already have Candreva, Marchisio, lichsteiner, and Bonucci chilling in the club.

Though I have been tempted to go Argentina heavy with a midfield of:

IF Gaitan - Pastore - Perez - Candreva

So that Tevez is on full chem.

I do plan on playing around with different teams but keep the Higuain and Tevez connection as part of it.
  • Slikwille wrote: »
    @Khangaskhan17

Thanks in advance!

What's your budget?

Budget is 150k on PS4, and I already have Candreva, Marchisio, lichsteiner, and Bonucci chilling in the club.

I do plan on playing around with different teams but keep the Higuain and Tevez connection as part of it.

Change Gaitan for Lavezzi. Gaitan doesn't work well in 4-4-1-1. At least he got lost when I tried him.
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Khangaskhan17

Thanks in advance!

What's your budget?

Tevez won't be on Full chem with Candreva on the wing. You'd be better off with Salvio on the right.
  • Shingalallada
    Plus Tevez is bad at passing! He is a beast in the ST role though.
  • Shingalallada
    A question to all Serie A fans that indeed utilize this great formation? Anybody tried Luis Muriel before as a lone striker? He is pacey and skillful! But his passing stats are bad!
  • Slikwille
    CrashDavus wrote: »
    @Khangaskhan17

Thanks in advance!

What's your budget?

Tevez won't be on Full chem with Candreva on the wing. You'd be better off with Salvio on the right.

Tevez whould be at CF, as I have found with using Muller+SIF Lewandowski, the CF position really runs the show on offense and makes amazing runs for the ST to holdup play.
  • Khangaskhan17
    Been missing a few posts so please pm me if you have a question. Cheers fellas!