4-4-1-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• Khangaskhan17
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    Hasselager wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you for a really nice formation guide, it is very inspiring and I would like to give it a go. I am thinking of starting with a cheap serie A squad:

Serie_A.png
    host image

Any inputs for improving this squad? If I like this formation this will be my fitness team, and I will have aroung 1 mio coins for my primary 4-4-1-1 team.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Replace Hernanes with either Nainggolan, Marchisio, or De Rossi. All preference there. Tbh, Marchisio - Nainggolan is amazing.

Sandro is miles better than F. Luis. Play Dybala at CF and convert Mertens to CM and play him at LM on 7 chem. 7 Chem Mertens is the best LM in Serie A for this formation. Also get a better LCB. Jesus is overrated imo. So many better Italian options.

These recommendations are for competitive play in Divisions. Ofc just play whoever you want if it's tournaments! Hope that helps pal.
  • Khangaskhan17
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    Great topic, I really enjoyed playing this formation with Man City on online seasons. Do you recommend a target man or a quick striker like aguero/suarez for this formation?
    I prefer quick ones that can pass and finish on both feet. Aguero and Suarez really excel in the formation.

I do agree with you, played about 10 games with a target man and 10 games with Suarez today.
    I did not really like the target man @ ST position, but I did like him @ CF (I used Ibra btw).
    The formation is just unstoppable with Suarez @ ST, just on standard instructions, scored me 12 goals in 3 games :smiley:

Exactly. Some people underestimate what a H/M or H/L striker can do for you when he's off the ball. Suarez, Aguero, Griezmann, Lacazette, and Auba are the best strikers for this formation imo. And IF versions of Lewandowski even though he's M/M.
  • dimuric13
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited December 2015
    Who better to put on but someone cf st? Aguero / Sturridge or there are better options in the Premier League?
    7cce23764325f21b72bac82532d97fb8.png

• Khangaskhan17
    @dimuric13 - Aguero is the best in Prem by a lot tbh.
  • Getbanged_2015
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hey man best cf for serie a and st? I'm poor lol so no crazy prices please
  • Khangaskhan17
    edited December 2015
    Double post.
  • Khangaskhan17

Higuain/ Dybala. I've also heard great things from @CrashDavus about IF Perisic for CF.

Oh, Morata at ST is very very good as well. Such a great budget player. He and Higuain are both good in different ways.
  • Bridge-DK
    76 posts Park Captain
    Hi,

Thank you for a really nice formation guide, it is very inspiring and I would like to give it a go. I am thinking of starting with a cheap serie A squad:

Serie_A.png
    host image

Any inputs for improving this squad? If I like this formation this will be my fitness team, and I will have aroung 1 mio coins for my primary 4-4-1-1 team.

Thanks

Replace Hernanes with either Nainggolan, Marchisio, or De Rossi. All preference there. Tbh, Marchisio - Nainggolan is amazing.

Sandro is miles better than F. Luis. Play Dybala at CF and convert Mertens to CM and play him at LM on 7 chem. 7 Chem Mertens is the best LM in Serie A for this formation. Also get a better LCB. Jesus is overrated imo. So many better Italian options.

These recommendations are for competitive play in Divisions. Ofc just play whoever you want if it's tournaments! Hope that helps pal.

Perfect, I implemented it all and swapped Jesus with Barzagli. Should I replace Jovetic with Morata or another Serie A striker?

I can afford Messi, and if I buy him I will have around 150 k left. Can you recommend me a team build around Messi, available for 150 k?

Or should I buy Suarez instead and build a team around him as ST, with the 750 k?

Thanks, I really appreciate your inputs
  • Ecr8on
    1467 posts Play-Off Hero

Hamsik is decent option at CF too
  • Ecr8on
    1467 posts Play-Off Hero
    I can afford Messi, and if I buy him I will have around 150 k left. Can you recommend me a team build around Messi, available for 150 k?

Or should I buy Suarez instead and build a team around him as ST, with the 750 k?

Imo, I would build a squad around Suarez instead of buying Messi and sweating it out with 150k. BBVA is expensive and I know I would try to force it into Messi all the time. I'm actually waiting for suarez's nif price to drop to do the same.
  • Khangaskhan17
    edited December 2015
    Hi,

Serie_A.png
    host image

Thanks

Perfect, I implemented it all and swapped Jesus with Barzagli. Should I replace Jovetic with Morata or another Serie A striker?

I usually don't recommend buying Messi unless you can afford decent players around him. If you can spread out the 150 k then go for it. I'd play him at CF ofc and put Griezmann or Benz in front. Then use Nolito and Turan or Feghouli on the wings. The rest is preference.

Hard to say about the Serie A situation. So much of picking strikers is preference. I like Higuain and Morata the best.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    @Khangaskhan17 @CrashDavus One for you guys :)

857e230269febb2406a18277c17020ba.png
  • Dunk
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Khangaskhan17 And you had to contemplate typing this guide up ? great response thus far!!!!!

And while I'm here I've never had success with 4-4-1-1 and i'm a FUT founder :D

What'd be the best Ligue 1 team to use in your opinion? thanks.

• Khangaskhan17
    Dunk wrote: »
    @Khangaskhan17 And you had to contemplate typing this guide up ? great response thus far!!!!!

And while I'm here I've never had success with 4-4-1-1 and i'm a FUT founder :D

What'd be the best Ligue 1 team to use in your opinion? thanks.
    @Dunk, I really appreciate your support from the get-go!

Didn't know your budget but here are two options to consider. I've used NIF versions of both teams and the hybrid was better but that's to be expected I guess. Lmk what you think :smile:

Full L1: - Price: 1.9 mil on PS4, 1.8 mil on XB
    y33ax.png

L1 Hybrid: - Price: 2 mil on PS4, 1.9 mil on XB
    eb9f7s.png
  • BackDaddy wrote: »
    Sold Kroos and Marchisio yesterday and Bought Auba. Already lost 5k on him. :) Should have waited till today before buying him.

Need to build a decent team with Auba, Muller, Rode, Badstuber, ter Stegen as I am low on coins.

Have Nainggolan, Rudiger in my club as well...

Auba
    Muller
    Gervinho naingolan rode Mkhytiryan
    Serie a lb, Rudiger Badstuber bundes rb
    Ter Stegen..

Edit: I'd probably prefer nif Castro over rode (only going off stats as I've used neither.)

Thanks for the tip. Will check it out but can't afford Henrik M as I only have 1k now. Have the rest of the players.
  • BackDaddy
    3279 posts National Call-Up
    BackDaddy wrote: »
    Sold Kroos and Marchisio yesterday and Bought Auba. Already lost 5k on him. :) Should have waited till today before buying him.

Need to build a decent team with Auba, Muller, Rode, Badstuber, ter Stegen as I am low on coins.

Auba
    Muller
    Ter Stegen..

Edit: I'd probably prefer nif Castro over rode (only going off stats as I've used neither.)

Thanks for the tip. Will check it out but can't afford Henrik M as I only have 1k now. Have the rest of the players.

How much is he? Got any items in your club u can quick sell?

Auba
    Muller
    Ter Stegen..

His NIF is 1.4k. Might have a few I can sell but almost out of contracts as well :)
  • Khangaskhan17
    edited December 2015

Auba
    Muller
    Ter Stegen..

His NIF is 1.4k. Might have a few I can sell but almost out of contracts as well :)

Put up a bronze for 5 k and pm me details. On PS though. ..

Auba
    Muller
    Ter Stegen..

Put up a bronze for 5 k and pm me details. On PS though. ..

Thanks for the offer but I'm on Xbox One.

Very nice of you.

Found out I had a kit worth over 1k so I'm good now to buy him :)
  • Maher
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2015
    @Khangaskhan17 great guide mate.
    Just wanted to ask did you try wingers as striker?
    Players like neymar bale robben hazard.
    Post edited by Maher on
  • Khangaskhan17
    Maher wrote: »

Yes, really enjoyed it. I still do so haha. If it worked for you before go for it man!
  • Maher
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yes, really enjoyed it. I still do so haha. If it worked for you before go for it man!

Im thinking to buy one of the top 4.
    which one would you recommend?
  • Khangaskhan17

Im thinking to buy one of the top 4.
    which one would you recommend?

Hazard.
  • Inception
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    How would Mertens/Felipe Anderson be at striker?
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Inception wrote: »
    Dybala >
  • Khangaskhan17
    Inception wrote: »

I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you're really amazing at passing. They don't really have much strength and only mediocre finishing.
  • Littleland95
    17136 posts Moderator
    Back to back wins for the first time in over 20 matches.

Auba is decent, but not as quick as his status would suggest. Muller seems faster most of the time for some reason. But Auba scores.

Would it be advisable to sell Auba and try to go for SIF Kruse?
  • Littleland95
    17136 posts Moderator
    Muller makes those awesome runs all the time:

xboxclips.com/LITTLELAND95/88b02bdd-6722-498d-b2fc-435230aa9954
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite

Auba is decent, but not as quick as his status would suggest. Muller seems faster most of the time for some reason. But Auba scores.

I did. I had SIF Auba and was not impressed with him at all.
  • CrashDavus wrote: »

I did. I had SIF Auba and was not impressed with him at all.

So SIF Kruse is worth the coins?