The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

AI Completely Broken

Absolute disgrace... The AI are constantly making stupid mistakes. The reaction times are beyond bad. The amount of games I have lost because of this and as I type this the AI tried to play it to the right back and would you believe it, he completely fails and gives it away... 1-0. And before you say oh well just play as any, that takes away the point of pro clubs. Anyway rant over post you bad happenings below.

Comments

• kYnTso
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone noticed playing CB how the AI RB/LB push inside so that u find urself and the other defenders in a straight line almost side by side in the middle of the field with lots of room on the sides?
  • Andyomazing
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    kYnTso wrote: »
    Anyone noticed playing CB how the AI RB/LB push inside so that u find urself and the other defenders in a straight line almost side by side in the middle of the field with lots of room on the sides?

This
  • am i the only one who feels like they changed something in pro clubs ? every match feels FIXED as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ , i play any and the players just dont do what im trying to do wtf the game seems hotfixed without anyone leting us know this is insane im at the point where this game makes me mad
  • Its not about skill and strategy anymore it all feels like luck F you FIFA im seriously not buying your game ever again
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    Playing with AI is like watching simulation on Career Mode. If your AI is great, you will make sharp passes, react faster than Flash, score like Maradona (or Messi/Ronaldo for younger audiences). If you are good enough, you can still win games, but AI can significantly add to the equation for one way or another. Lately, I've playing clubs with ANY, it's the way to go! We have to keep in mind FIFA is running on a "better" engine; not necessarily for the better, but its algorithms are more complex and very automated. That's why FIFA can be for anyone nowadays. There should be a tag on the game that reads: No Skill Required.
  • TrueGunner
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm fed up of how my AI GK will boot the ball up the field from a GK all of the time and how my AI players pass to me as soon as I call for the ball so I end up passing it out of play. What about when I call for the ball but the AI pass it between themselves and only then does it register that I called for the ball and then we immediately lose possession as a result. What's up with that programming huh?
  • Khwalo
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I prefer a squad full of pro players rather than playing with AI players as everyone in the team will call for a pass.it really confuses me when u make a run ready to receive the ball and the AI player passes it to someone who is 65 yards away just because they called for the ball first. Sometimes you would see the ball flying around everyone wants a through ball
  • CocoKof
    Khwalo wrote: »
    I prefer a squad full of pro players rather than playing with AI players as everyone in the team will call for a pass.it really confuses me when u make a run ready to receive the ball and the AI player passes it to someone who is 65 yards away just because they called for the ball first. Sometimes you would see the ball flying around everyone wants a through ball

This is poor AI programming (which is the basis of this thread. In Pro Rank Match: They shouldn't pass it to the one who's surrounded by 4 defenders or on hard angle or 70 yds away in offside!!!!! The worst is that when it always passes it to the one who hogs the ball and doesn't pass, even though some players are better position and ask the ball before the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ asks for it! I do agree with you playing with full team or ANY, but... poor AI programming. It's EA after all.
  • Khwalo
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    CocoKof wrote: »
    Khwalo wrote: »

This is poor AI programming (which is the basis of this thread. In Pro Rank Match: They shouldn't pass it to the one who's surrounded by 4 defenders or on hard angle or 70 yds away in offside!!!!! The worst is that when it always passes it to the one who hogs the ball and doesn't pass, even though some players are better position and ask the ball before the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ asks for it! I do agree with you playing with full team or ANY, but... poor AI programming. It's EA after all.

I do not like the idea of ANY either cause someone will make passes looking for his pro to give him an assist for a goal.its annoying sometimes when you see a person trying to dribble 3 defenders at the same time when you are open.The idea of ANY in that mode should be removed i really don't see it being helpful. I remember i was playing with another guy and he was playing as ANY i'd run around the field without touching the ball making runs in open spaces it got up to the point when i decided to put down my controller/analague and watched coz i was totally not receiving the ball
  • CocoKof
    That's not the point of it. If you do not like the idea of ANY is much of preference and I can't argue against that since it's your opinion...and it's pointless to argue about it. The discussion here is the poor AI programming. I wrote some pertinent points in my above post, so go ahead if you want to counter-debate them.