We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing for Virgin media users & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

Pro clubs dead? Does EA care?

Mickey D
17 posts Last Pick at the Park
I'm getting fed up with reading good feedback or posting it when nothing is ever improved or taken onboard. Pro clubs is my favourite game mode but as long as it doesn't provide EA with any sort of extra income throughout the year it gets ignored time after time, unlike FUT.

Despite the amazing potential it might have, pro clubs is pretty much dead. It's so frustrating to see something so good can be so easily ignored by a company which has lost all respect for itself and the community.

It's a shame they have no real competition otherwise you could bet they'd actually try and make a quality game through and through.

I just want to know if anyone else feels like this? Does anyone think the lack of improvement to this game mode and anything besides FUT will ever change?

Comments

• CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2015
    Clubs has been stagnant since FIFA11 (intro to GK), and even I dare myself it's been like this since FIFA10 where it was first introduced from the previous installment FIFA 09, where you didn't have your own player and couldn't create clubs, etc. Hell, I am still waiting to be a "Referee or the ball" EA just copy an paste the code every year. Don't be surprised when EA introduces a "New Feature: Virtual Pro Clubs" in the future. :D
  • Ertrko
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MickeyD,EA wans to remove the virtual mod but they are afraid from reactions. Rather than that they are not improving the mod conciously as a strategy so people will shift to FUT and buy packs.
  • moist
    76 posts Park Captain
    Ertrko wrote: »
    MickeyD,EA wans to remove the virtual mod but they are afraid from reactions. Rather than that they are not improving the mod conciously as a strategy so people will shift to FUT and buy packs.

Bad strategy then. No Pro Clubs, no FIFA.
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pro Clubs is on the decline, they are gearing up to phase it out and erase it from Fifa. The question is when they do will many people shout up about it? The answer to that is no because you only have to look at these forums to realise that, little activity. People have shot themselves in the foot because keeping quiet is music to EA's ears.
  • Ertrko
    DannyUK wrote: »
    Pro Clubs is on the decline, they are gearing up to phase it out and erase it from Fifa. The question is when they do will many people shout up about it? The answer to that is no because you only have to look at these forums to realise that, little activity. People have shot themselves in the foot because keeping quiet is music to EA's ears.

Exactly. Too few posts or discussion during day. No one cares so EA does not care.
  • If EA ever decides to remove and not improve Pro Clubs sorry to say me and all my friends and their friends are all gone. PES here we come. They can solve this if they want, so lets hope they do.
  • Ertrko
    If EA ever decides to remove and not improve Pro Clubs sorry to say me and all my friends and their friends are all gone. PES here we come. They can solve this if they want, so lets hope they do.

Same for me. Not gonna buy again if no improvement at virtual next year.
  • Jonx88
    864 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't understand how people are still playing FUT it's so bad it's the same thing every year
  • I am one of those that were guilty of coming on the Fifa forum reading your comment and agreeing with those that posted legitimate points but never commented in any way or form. But I am now here to pledge my support to speak out and be heard. We are asking for better investment on our Fifa Pro Clubs, we are asking for innovation from those responsible to take Fifa and Pro Clubs to the next level and we deserve this because we are the ones that that goes into store and buy a copy of Fifa or like me that use my credit card to buy a digital copy of the game every year. We need to be heard EA. Thanks for your support.
  • Rougment
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If EA ever decides to remove and not improve Pro Clubs sorry to say me and all my friends and their friends are all gone. PES here we come. They can solve this if they want, so lets hope they do.

PES doesn't have a pro clubs mode. It's a shame as it's a much better game.
  • kYnTso
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am one of those that were guilty of coming on the Fifa forum reading your comment and agreeing with those that posted legitimate points but never commented in any way or form. But I am now here to pledge my support to speak out and be heard. We are asking for better investment on our Fifa Pro Clubs, we are asking for innovation from those responsible to take Fifa and Pro Clubs to the next level and we deserve this because we are the ones that that goes into store and buy a copy of Fifa or like me that use my credit card to buy a digital copy of the game every year. We need to be heard EA. Thanks for your support.

Thats the main problem, u buy the game once and thats it, no more further investments from your part. If there wasn`t FUT then making FIFA wouldn`t pay off for EA at all. In FUT u pay for the game and most people pay for fifa points trough the year so constant money flow. So thats why they don`t invest much into Pro Clubs as it is at the moment. But what u want from a company that doesn`t seem to figure out how pointless it is to make a NBA Live game.
  • K.Nasa
    Rougment wrote: »

Yup this is pretty much my issue. If PES had online play like FIFA then id be there in a flash but Konami does not know how to do online gameplay well.

I dont get EA , they want money so why not make Pro clubs a micro transaction source? I bet loads of people would buy boot packs , Tattoos, hairstyles , celebrations etc off of the PSN/Xbox marketplaces.

I just dont understand EA.
  • Mickey D

100% joining you on that one, this game mode is the only thing that keeps me coming back every year. They don't change a thing anyway so I'd happily just keep one FIFA and play pro clubs on it. The only reason I've never done it is because matchmaking would be slow and probably near impossible to find an opponent in reality!
    If FIFA drop clubs PES should just pick it right back up, they seem to be making so much progress with their game at the moment and they might actually give it attention too...

• Mickey D
    I'd just like to also mention to anyone that thinks people don't play this game mode - there are over 200,000 pro clubs active on the game. There are then the amount of players in each club which range from 1 stagnant remaining pro club member to sometimes 50 players in one club. I know from personal experience and searching and looking through clubs many people have at least 5/6 members or more. There are plenty of people playing this game mode, there isn't any reason to neglect something that is in reality very popular with FIFA fans.
  • Mickey D
    K.Nasa wrote: »
    Rougment wrote: »

Yup this is pretty much my issue. If PES had online play like FIFA then id be there in a flash but Konami does not know how to do online gameplay well.

I dont get EA , they want money so why not make Pro clubs a micro transaction source? I bet loads of people would buy boot packs , Tattoos, hairstyles , celebrations etc off of the PSN/Xbox marketplaces.

I just dont understand EA.

So true, for example GTA demonstrates the extent to which you can customise a character and I don't see why you can't go to similar lengths with a virtual pro. There's so many little things they can add to clubs that would make it better...

1. Competitive skill games (online, same game session) with your virtual pro - imagine playing crossbar challenge against a mate.

2. Online free roam arena - the possibilities with this are endless. Just have a kick around, make custom set pieces, tactics, anything really. Similar to the way you could play against a number of AI in a sort of training style a few years back, you could do that to try out different methods of attacking and defending together.

3. Any form of additional customisation - make your own boots, so many more hairstyles, traits, specialities, and everything that you mentioned.

4. Training like career mode - being able to train once every day or two similar to how you are allowed to train each week on career mode. Ensure there's no glitches with it to stop people reaching 99 and you provide a useful way for people who play more than others to gain a useful advantage over a long time period.
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    My second game I have played after FIFA was GTA, and what a difference there is from the 2. You spend the same amount of money, but on one you get updates and customization for about 4 years and the other you get "bend over". No wonder Ima Rock* fanboy <3 Haha