Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Farlz wrote: »
    Love Tim

I slated him a lot under Lambert but since Tim has come in he's been 10x better, wouldn't be too bad on a free

He isn't a bad player lambert was too negative with his playing style where as Tim has been more positive which has helped him.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3237 posts National Call-Up
    Farlz wrote: »
    Love Tim

I slated him a lot under Lambert but since Tim has come in he's been 10x better, wouldn't be too bad on a free

Yeah I guess it's not so bad if we do get him for free.

Still wouldn't pay anything for him though. I wish he scored or created a goal for once.

• maTTeOs_mAZzA
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    I wouldn't say we are rivals ;)

I think we are, as minor as it is.

More like a friendly rivalry imo. ;)
  • Farlz
    8121 posts League Winner
    b6c37d5eb1953008a525465df140c99d.png
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-ashley-westwood-set-5525523

I quite like Westwood :(

"Now Villa, who handed him a new four-year deal in 2013, may consider selling or loaning-out Westwood this summer.

Spaniard Carles Gil, who also impressed under Lambert after being bought from Valencia for £3.2m in the winter window, has also been frozen out as he is viewed as too lightweight.

* VILLA are giving a new contract to teenage forward Rushian Hepburn-Murphy. The 16-year-old made his first team debut off the bench at Sunderland
    ."

That Gil comment is just ridiculous, Tim complains that Westwood isn't creative enough yet he doesn't want to play our MOST CREATIVE player because he's too lightweight, Jesus Christ
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited April 2015
    Westwood is much better than Sanchez. I don't get that one. Gil too LEIGHTWEIGHT? Grealish could do with a few rounds at the gym to get to where Gil already is! Ridiculous comment.

Gil has the potential to be one of the best wingers of the Premier League. I hope Tim snaps out of it and plays him again. Will be a HUGE shame to see him being wasted away and end up like Albrighton.

What I don't get more than anything is that both these players are still young and have the time to correct their weaknesses. Nothing annoys me more than seeing talent getting ignored simply because they are out of favour in the manager's eyes.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Can't wait for Sunday!

I hope we give it our best. Being in Europe again is a dream. It can become a reality again.
  • Farlz
    8121 posts League Winner

Very pleased that Sinclair is back fit
  • Farlz
    8121 posts League Winner
    #AVFC (v @LFC): Given, Bacuna, Baker, Vlaar, Richardson, Westwood, Delph (c), Cleverley, Grealish, N’Zogbia, Benteke.

#AVFC subs (v @LFC): Guzan, Okore, Sinclair, Weimann, Cole, Lowton, Gil.

Grealish - Benteke - N'Zogbia
    Delph - Westwood - Cleverley
    Richardson - Baker - Vlaar - Bacuna
    Given

I expect that's how we're going to line up, very nervous
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Westwood is much better than Sanchez. I don't get that one. Gil too LEIGHTWEIGHT? Grealish could do with a few rounds at the gym to get to where Gil already is! Ridiculous comment.

Gil has the potential to be one of the best wingers of the Premier League. I hope Tim snaps out of it and plays him again. Will be a HUGE shame to see him being wasted away and end up like Albrighton.

What I don't get more than anything is that both these players are still young and have the time to correct their weaknesses. Nothing annoys me more than seeing talent getting ignored simply because they are out of favour in the manager's eyes.

Sanchez had performed well in midfielder he offers more physical presence than westwood.

I haven't seen a lot of gil but from what I've seen I wouldn't say he has the potential to be one of the best in the premier league he seems like he will be an average winger at most.

Hope the club get sold to a good owner who will invest in the team. Villa is a big club who deserve to be back fighting for Europe like they were under Martin o'neil.
  • Farlz
    8121 posts League Winner
    Performed really well that half, some great stuff at times
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    YES!!!! Into the final. So happy.

Benteke and Grealish both put in world class performances. Bring on the Gunners!
  • ViVaWhom
    7218 posts Big Money Move
    villa villa VILLAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Campino
    26659 posts Player of the Year
    Well done villa fans

By far the best team today

I'll say it with class unlike that guy on the post above ^^
  • Farlz
    8121 posts League Winner
    Absolutely fantastic performance from us, apart from the 5 minute spell when Okore came on I think we completely controlled the game, surprised at just how poor Liverpool were.

Everyone was fantastic. Delph, Grealish and Benteke were just phenomenal though. Christ, what a feeling.
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well done lads
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Campino wrote: »
    Well done villa fans

Doesn't matter how you say it, your opinion means "FA" in here. :joy:
  • Campino
    PES wrote: »
    Well done villa fans

Doesn't matter how you say it, your opinion means "FA" in here. :joy:

Hahaha wow, stalking me now son?

I contributed, you didn't

I'll be hedging bets you're about 13 and looking for an argument

• PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Seething. :lol:
  • Campino
    PES wrote: »
    Seething. :lol:
    Jog on little boy

• Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    :D
  • Campino
    Jenko wrote: »

Here comes his little 12 year old mate to follow him

• Devil maker
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Well done lads fantastic result. Avfc fight like lions
  • Jenko
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move

@Jenko How do you feel about being both smaller and younger than PES?
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Campino is going berahINO on everyone, careful the cAMPino is UNCONTROLLABLE
  • Jenko
    Tamerlane wrote: »

@Jenko How do you feel about being both smaller and younger than PES?

I'm more insulted that he thinks I'd break forum rules and post underage without the guidance of my parents.
  • Farlz
    8121 posts League Winner
    Just found out Albrighton was at Wembley yesterday supporting Villa, what a guy
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    he's been fantastic recently too, daylight robbery that deal imo
  • Farlz
    8121 posts League Winner
    yeah, was looking on twitter and it did seem that pretty much all your fans think he's great

Was a bit disappointed when he left tbh, especially on a free