95Dizzy wrote: »
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    PAPAZAMA wrote: »
    So, Nolito is out because of this:

4ae0e033bef0c1260de650882cf97100.png

But Henderson is in with this:

21e5f327e668822aedc32f062d082fb6.png

I don't know why Henderson is in, but I can tell you one thing, whoscored ratings are BS. Only reliable for line-ups.

Yeah whoscored is rubbish with the ratings relies to heavily on goals and assists and not the performance for all we know he could of played well in those games goals and assists are not everything in a match

He had 9 straight league matches without scoring or assisting and playing bad/average (that's over 1 third of the season), any La Liga watcher can tell you that, and Sokker has already acknowledged that. Exact same reason why Anderson was taken out

Marcelo has went 11 matches without scoring or assisting he also conceded 10 goals in that time aswell anyone can point these stats out and every player goes through a bad patch in a season and if marcelo has been as good as you say shouldn't he be a lock in the La liga TOTS? since you do say he has been the best LB this season

He is a LB, like you said many times before his main job isn't to score goals. Even on those games, he wasn't going through a "rough patch" like Anderson or Nolito, he was still playing consistently well for Real. Weren't you the one that said Whoscored heavily relies their ratings on goals and assists? Well then, why does Marcelo still has good ratings on these games he didn't score/assist? Btw they are actually 9 games, not 11, since 2 of them were UCL games :wink:

And yeah, he is a lock, I have stated that previously many times. But why exactly should that keep him from making this MC TOTS? If I remember correctly, the OP says that whether a player is going to make his respective TOTS or not shouldn't be a matter for entering this MC TOTS.

Anxious to see your response!

Oh so now his job is to defend i am sure you and some others said defending wasn't the fullbacks main priority also i don't seem to have said anything about whoscored ratings while i was talking about marcelo also marcelo plays for real Madrid arguably the best team in the world they don't ship in many goals so of course that will up his rating and the other players mentioned play for mid-table teams the always go a run of games where they play bad every mid table team in the world does that (west ham, stoke etc) yes ino the song rule but why try to force players out who might not make it into there League TOTS for a player you think is a lock dups in TOTS are annoying as they are.

I really don't know what you are trying to say here...

You posted this a few posts back:
    Yeah whoscored is rubbish with the ratings relies to heavily on goals and assists and not the performance for all we know he could of played well in those games goals and assists are not everything in a match

Also literally 2 posts above you said Marcelo/Real had conceded 10 goals in those games (which Marcelo had good ratings in all of them), then you say since Madrid is a big team they won't concede as much goals and that's what makes his ratings better. Also if that was the case, then why doesn't Alba, who has conceded less goals than Marcelo, has a better rating than him?

Slow down and try to talk clearly man

What are you on about i have never even put up whoscored stats for marcelo also Barca and Real are to oppiste styles of play so obviously they fullbacks will have different stats also i don't use whoscored so i cant comment on ratings they give the players as i dont care about that site.

I will try to clarify things for you since you seem to be a bit lost.

1. Nolito's bad ratings on Whoscored were bring up -> You say that was because Whoscored relied on goals and assists way too much to make the ratings

You bring up 11 (actually 9) games Marcelo didn't score or assists -> He has good ratings on them

2. You say Marcelo's ratings are higher because he plays for a bigger team that doesn't concede as much as others -> He has conced 10 goals in those 11 games, still has good ratings.

3. If conceding less goals is what makes Marcelo's rating higher, why does Alba, who has conceded less than Marcelo, has a way worse rating than Marcelo?

Clearer?

Still, both their LBs have similar styles, they are both offensive minded, and Marcelo still beats Alba.

Well then, how are you commenting on Marcelo when you haven't actually seen him play?

? i havent seen him play? you agree with anyone that says marcelo in haha even a few said they only watched him in the CL and you still agreed with them. so don't go on about how i haven't watched him when you back people who haven't seen him ether.

I never did that, and serious question here, have you watched Marcelo a lot this season? Or are you just basing your thoughts on a few games/your RM hate?

Actually, just saw the "either", so you haven't watched him?

haha what ever i say you wont believe and RM hate haha i couldn't care less about what they do tbh also many times you have backed anyone that spoke good about Marcelo also have i ever said he was bad? no i don't think i have i just think a few more players deserve it more than him. like i said a few posts back lets agree to disagree
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015

I don't know why Henderson is in, but I can tell you one thing, whoscored ratings are BS. Only reliable for line-ups.

He had 9 straight league matches without scoring or assisting and playing bad/average (that's over 1 third of the season), any La Liga watcher can tell you that, and Sokker has already acknowledged that. Exact same reason why Anderson was taken out

Marcelo has went 11 matches without scoring or assisting he also conceded 10 goals in that time aswell anyone can point these stats out and every player goes through a bad patch in a season and if marcelo has been as good as you say shouldn't he be a lock in the La liga TOTS? since you do say he has been the best LB this season

He is a LB, like you said many times before his main job isn't to score goals. Even on those games, he wasn't going through a "rough patch" like Anderson or Nolito, he was still playing consistently well for Real. Weren't you the one that said Whoscored heavily relies their ratings on goals and assists? Well then, why does Marcelo still has good ratings on these games he didn't score/assist? Btw they are actually 9 games, not 11, since 2 of them were UCL games :wink:

And yeah, he is a lock, I have stated that previously many times. But why exactly should that keep him from making this MC TOTS? If I remember correctly, the OP says that whether a player is going to make his respective TOTS or not shouldn't be a matter for entering this MC TOTS.

Oh so now his job is to defend i am sure you and some others said defending wasn't the fullbacks main priority also i don't seem to have said anything about whoscored ratings while i was talking about marcelo also marcelo plays for real Madrid arguably the best team in the world they don't ship in many goals so of course that will up his rating and the other players mentioned play for mid-table teams the always go a run of games where they play bad every mid table team in the world does that (west ham, stoke etc) yes ino the song rule but why try to force players out who might not make it into there League TOTS for a player you think is a lock dups in TOTS are annoying as they are.

Also literally 2 posts above you said Marcelo/Real had conceded 10 goals in those games (which Marcelo had good ratings in all of them), then you say since Madrid is a big team they won't concede as much goals and that's what makes his ratings better. Also if that was the case, then why doesn't Alba, who has conceded less goals than Marcelo, has a better rating than him?

What are you on about i have never even put up whoscored stats for marcelo also Barca and Real are to oppiste styles of play so obviously they fullbacks will have different stats also i don't use whoscored so i cant comment on ratings they give the players as i dont care about that site.

1. Nolito's bad ratings on Whoscored were bring up -> You say that was because Whoscored relied on goals and assists way too much to make the ratings

You bring up 11 (actually 9) games Marcelo didn't score or assists -> He has good ratings on them

2. You say Marcelo's ratings are higher because he plays for a bigger team that doesn't concede as much as others -> He has conced 10 goals in those 11 games, still has good ratings.

3. If conceding less goals is what makes Marcelo's rating higher, why does Alba, who has conceded less than Marcelo, has a way worse rating than Marcelo?

Clearer?

Still, both their LBs have similar styles, they are both offensive minded, and Marcelo still beats Alba.

Well then, how are you commenting on Marcelo when you haven't actually seen him play?

? i havent seen him play? you agree with anyone that says marcelo in haha even a few said they only watched him in the CL and you still agreed with them. so don't go on about how i haven't watched him when you back people who haven't seen him ether.

I never did that, and serious question here, have you watched Marcelo a lot this season? Or are you just basing your thoughts on a few games/your RM hate?

haha what ever i say you wont believe and RM hate haha i couldn't care less about what they do tbh also many times you have backed anyone that spoke good about Marcelo also have i ever said he was bad? no i don't think i have i just think a few more players deserve it more than him. like i said a few posts back lets agree to disagree

Well in all those posts, you still haven't presented a single player that deserves to get in more than Marcelo, and the reason for it.
  • 95Dizzy
    88 posts Park Captain

Clearer?

Well in all those posts, you still haven't presented a single player that deserves to get in more than Marcelo, and the reason for it.

i have said twice to let this lye but your still going on about it.
  • Low Ki
    11861 posts Has That Special Something
    This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I think Europe is too overrepresented in this team.

There is literally no player in there who plays for a league outside of Europe. Every year we've had an MLS, K-League, Mex League guy etc or someone to show diversity in these teams outside of plain old Europe. Even Zarate for his Argentine league stint last year.

Think people should nominate some of those guys.
  • Elevan
    15 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 2015
    Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution, MLS) - One of three candidates for MVP in the league last autumn, with 9 game winning goals, carrying the Revs to the MLS Cup final. He already has a goal and an assist in the few weeks since the season started. He has also finally broken into the national team as well. Bronze to gold in 2 years with only one IF last year along the way. If that isn't consistency then I don't know what is.
  • Guardado and Willems both deserve to be in it. Guardado has been the most consistent player in the league.
  • RC
    766 posts Semi-Pro
    Low Ki wrote: »
    This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I think Europe is too overrepresented in this team.

There is literally no player in there who plays for a league outside of Europe. Every year we've had an MLS, K-League, Mex League guy etc or someone to show diversity in these teams outside of plain old Europe. Even Zarate for his Argentine league stint last year.

I've been trying with Nguyen but can't seem to get anywhere. He'd add some diversity with his league and position and is very deserving.
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015

Clearer?

Players over Marcelo for a BBVA spot?

Carlos Bacca, 28 starts, 3 as sub, 17 Goals, 5 Assists helping Sevilla to 5th this season, possibly tied for 4th tomorrow if they win their game.

Nolito, 28 starts, 4 as sub, 8 goals, 11 assists as the 3rd highest in the BBVA behind Messi & CR7. He has helped Celta Vigo get to a respectable 10th place and would otherwise likely be in the bottom half of the table near the relegation zone without him.

I think Marcelo has had a great season but there are more deserving players in La Liga and ones I didn't even bother to mention. Having Bravo using up a spot for BBVA is a bit of a farce for me as it is much less Marcelo, though the MC TOTS is often based on popularity and bias than anything else usually.

It's too bad Bueno has an IF already, he would've been a lock for MC TOTS but will get into BBVA TOTS more than likely anyways.
  • Low Ki
    11861 posts Has That Special Something
    RC wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »

I've been trying with Nguyen but can't seem to get anywhere. He'd add some diversity with his league and position and is very deserving.

He deserves it too. Shame.
  • Worldbossjr
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @95Dizzy Alba should be in the BBVA TOTS over Marcelo... seeing he has been a rock as LB for Barcelona the entire season.

Don't let @Timoner12 see though. lol
  • Timoner12
    @95Dizzy Alba should be in the BBVA TOTS over Marcelo... seeing he has been a rock as LB for Barcelona the entire season.

I know you won't believe my words, so how about 3 of the biggest spanish sports newspappers (Marca, AS and Sport), even one of them being from Barcelona, as well as many other sports sites like Whoscored (tbh any site you can find that rates players), who all rate Marcelo over Alba? How about that?

• Timoner12

Clearer?

Players over Marcelo for a BBVA spot?

Carlos Bacca, 28 starts, 3 as sub, 17 Goals, 5 Assists helping Sevilla to 5th this season, possibly tied for 4th tomorrow if they win their game.

Nolito, 28 starts, 4 as sub, 8 goals, 11 assists as the 3rd highest in the BBVA behind Messi & CR7. He has helped Celta Vigo get to a respectable 10th place and would otherwise likely be in the bottom half of the table near the relegation zone without him.

I think Marcelo has had a great season but there are more deserving players in La Liga and ones I didn't even bother to mention. Having Bravo using up a spot for BBVA is a bit of a farce for me as it is much less Marcelo, though the MC TOTS is often based on popularity and bias than anything else usually.

It's too bad Bueno has an IF already, he would've been a lock for MC TOTS but will get into BBVA TOTS more than likely anyways.

Nolito has already been ruled out by Sokker for the same reason as Anderson (being average/bad/not scoring/assisting in a third of the season), and Bacca simply hasn't been that consistent as well, dropping his form mid and at the end of the season. And that's why Marcelo excels, simply because he has been consistent throughout the whole season, and this is what this TOTS is about.
  • Basdost
    83 posts Park Captain
    If Soriano is in totw, I would like to see pabon in his place.

Also, is there any way guardado can sneak in or do people not want two players from psv?
  • Worldbossjr

I know you won't believe my words, so how about 3 of the biggest spanish sports newspappers (Marca, AS and Sport), even one of them being from Barcelona, as well as many other sports sites like Whoscored (tbh any site you can find that rates players), who all rate Marcelo over Alba? How about that?

won't believe your words maybe, CERTAINLY NOT MARCAS

so how about you SHOW me.

Marcelo has went 11 matches without scoring or assisting and..
    he also conceded 10 goals in that time aswell thats what @95Dizzy told ya..

He was really not better than Alba this season :)
  • Timoner12

And even on those games he is still rated higher than Alba, how do you explain
    that?

Mate there is not arguing about it, would you really put your word (just remembering, someone who hasn't even watched Marcelo play) over the 3 biggest spanish sports newspappers, including one from Barcelona and one which makes the actual TOTS EA uses? Come on man
  • ReusKrispies
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2015
    Timoner please shut it, marcelo doesn't deserve to be in
  • Timoner12
    edited April 2015

Oh why doesn't he deserve it? And who deserves to be in? Please tell me instead of just going out critiscising me
  • Timoner12

Oh why doesn't he deserve it? And who deserves to be in? Please tell me instead of just going out critiscising me

No arguments, as expected
  • Worldbossjr

that?

Mate there is not arguing about it, would you really put your word (just remembering, someone who hasn't even watched Marcelo play) over the 3 biggest spanish sports newspappers, including one from Barcelona and one which makes the actual TOTS EA uses? Come on man

show me please
  • Timoner12

that?

show me please

Show you what? Ratings?

• holdenwait
    58079 posts National Treasure
    has Marchisio really been that good/important this season to be in this?
  • mab
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    holdenwait wrote: »
    has Marchisio really been that good/important this season to be in this?
    Yes, he has been the best midfielder for Juve this season imo.
  • Worldbossjr
    Alaba is a nominee for Bundesliga midfielder.. think ea will still put him at LB if he makes it?
  • BestInTheWorld
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    If Hazard makes TOTW who replaces him??
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Next wednesday will be interesting, because right now it seems that Bravo, Pastore, Soriano and Jonas could all get an Inform so we could scratch them off from MC TOTS list.
  • Koscielny should be in, I am biased but he's been fantastic for Arsenal at the back.
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Jenko wrote: »
    @Sokker14 will this coming TOTW count, or do you have to submit the team before the TOTW is released?
    The coming TOTW will count. I'll ask Rob if we need to submit the team at the end or the start of 22 April.
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    How about the following chances? Just curious.

CB: Ezequiel Garay (Russian League - Zenit) OUT
    CB: Andreas Granqvist (Russian League - FC Krasnodar) IN

if Bravo and Soriano get an in-form this week

GK: Claudio Bravo (Liga BBVA - FC Barcelona) OUT
    LB: Marcelo (Liga BBVA - Real Madrid) IN

ST: Jonatan Soriano (A. Bundesliga - RB Salzburg) OUT
    ST: Teófilo Gutiérrez (Primera División - River Plate) IN
  • wth22
    10526 posts Has That Special Something
    Bacca over Marcelo, agree with the other two.
  • Sokker14 wrote: »
    How about the following chances? Just curious.

CB: Ezequiel Garay (Russian League - Zenit) OUT
    CB: Andreas Granqvist (Russian League - FC Krasnodar) IN

if Bravo and Soriano get an in-form this week

GK: Claudio Bravo (Liga BBVA - FC Barcelona) OUT
    LB: Marcelo (Liga BBVA - Real Madrid) IN

ST: Jonatan Soriano (A. Bundesliga - RB Salzburg) OUT
    ST: Teófilo Gutiérrez (Primera División - River Plate) IN
    Perfect.