Silver Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS *Final team*

Comments

  • deni_saintp
    990 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    Gabriel get his 19th CS today
  • undecided000
    580 posts Sunday League Hero
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    TBF I think EA would make Kebano central

    Yeah.

    Sanchez going in?

    Or Antonio/Berardi?
  • JohnDoe
    11309 posts Has That Special Something
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Zzizou_10 wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Stilic's statistics also completely blow Luke Freeman out of the water also and are quite close to the amazing numbers of Julio Alvarez:

    Luke Freeman - 42 apps - 3368 mins - 7 goals - 16 assists - 146.4 mins/pt, 28.4% contribution to team goals, .55 pts/ game
    Semir Stilic - 27 apps - 2372 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists 118.6 mins/pt, 45.5% contribution to team goals, .74 pts/game
    Julio Alvarez - 25 apps - 2092 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists - 104.6 mins/pt, 54.0% of contribution to teams goals, .80 pts/game

    I am sure there are plenty of UK options to replace a weak option if that is the direction we go. Stilic is no longer a questionable option imo

    you just want to squeeze your Stilic into this squad, I think we already know that youlove that guy ;)
    If he is THAT outstanding player in Poland, I think it's no problem for him to find a place in the ROTW TOTS!
    But we talk about the most consistent TOTS, and that doesnt look very consistent to me:

    [img][/img]npo284oe.jpg

    and because of the match yesterday: don't know why you mean he had 2 assists, but i count only 1 assist and i watched the highlights of the match. Second one was a pass from number 7 (Jankowski I think); also transfermarkt did so!

    Sport.pl (a very ruputable site) had Stilic down as 2 assists in the game stream, see below:
    16973517397_339ac69b08_o.png

    I have no problem in updating the statistics to show only 1 since that is what Transfermart is showing:
    Luke Freeman - 42 apps - 3368 mins - 7 goals - 16 assists - 146.4 mins/pt, 28.4% contribution to team goals, .55 pts/ game
    Semir Stilic - 27 apps - 2372 mins - 8 goals - 11 assists 124.8 mins/pt, 43.2% contribution to team goals, .70 pts/game
    Julio Alvarez - 25 apps - 2092 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists - 104.6 mins/pt, 54.0% of contribution to teams goals, .80 pts/game

    Still destroys Luke Freeman's statistics and is close to Julio Alvarez numbers.
    Its not all about stats, and I can tell you Freeman has been amazing in league 1 and has a very good chance of winning player of the season
    Stilic will be ekstraklasa player of the season, anyway unless there is some switching he will have to stay in.

    My question is why is Torres currently considered a more worthy candidate than stilic?

    Because a lot of people are backing him for it. Can't really think of any other reason for it, given that he just wasn't a consistent player this season. He was certainly good, just not consistent.

    He has been very consistent in the league. Hasn't gone more than 3 games without a contribution, and his passing and distribution has always been up to a high standard.

    You know nothing John Doe. :D :D :D

    "Look at me, all I can do is throw stats in people's faces"

    I don't think i threw it, I wasn't that aggressive, perhaps gently placed it in front of you.

    I use stats to support my points and they make it a lot easier to compare to other players.

    The point is, stats aren't everything. If they were, by Falcao's overall career stats, he'd be kicking **** in the Prem, and not, well, scoring very little goals in what already is a considerable amount of matches. But yeah, sorry about my little outburst, I shouldn't have done that.
  • Wilfo777
    509 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ben wrote: »
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    JGomes wrote: »
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    JGomes wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Zzizou_10 wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Stilic's statistics also completely blow Luke Freeman out of the water also and are quite close to the amazing numbers of Julio Alvarez:

    Luke Freeman - 42 apps - 3368 mins - 7 goals - 16 assists - 146.4 mins/pt, 28.4% contribution to team goals, .55 pts/ game
    Semir Stilic - 27 apps - 2372 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists 118.6 mins/pt, 45.5% contribution to team goals, .74 pts/game
    Julio Alvarez - 25 apps - 2092 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists - 104.6 mins/pt, 54.0% of contribution to teams goals, .80 pts/game

    I am sure there are plenty of UK options to replace a weak option if that is the direction we go. Stilic is no longer a questionable option imo

    you just want to squeeze your Stilic into this squad, I think we already know that youlove that guy ;)
    If he is THAT outstanding player in Poland, I think it's no problem for him to find a place in the ROTW TOTS!
    But we talk about the most consistent TOTS, and that doesnt look very consistent to me:

    [img][/img]npo284oe.jpg

    and because of the match yesterday: don't know why you mean he had 2 assists, but i count only 1 assist and i watched the highlights of the match. Second one was a pass from number 7 (Jankowski I think); also transfermarkt did so!

    Sport.pl (a very ruputable site) had Stilic down as 2 assists in the game stream, see below:
    16973517397_339ac69b08_o.png

    I have no problem in updating the statistics to show only 1 since that is what Transfermart is showing:
    Luke Freeman - 42 apps - 3368 mins - 7 goals - 16 assists - 146.4 mins/pt, 28.4% contribution to team goals, .55 pts/ game
    Semir Stilic - 27 apps - 2372 mins - 8 goals - 11 assists 124.8 mins/pt, 43.2% contribution to team goals, .70 pts/game
    Julio Alvarez - 25 apps - 2092 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists - 104.6 mins/pt, 54.0% of contribution to teams goals, .80 pts/game

    Still destroys Luke Freeman's statistics and is close to Julio Alvarez numbers.
    Its not all about stats, and I can tell you Freeman has been amazing in league 1 and has a very good chance of winning player of the season
    Stilic will be ekstraklasa player of the season, anyway unless there is some switching he will have to stay in.

    My question is why is Torres currently considered a more worthy candidate than stilic?

    Because a lot of people are backing him for it. Can't really think of any other reason for it, given that he just wasn't a consistent player this season. He was certainly good, just not consistent.

    My god, he wasn't consistent? ok then... But Stilic was with that 7 game period where he didn't contributed to any goal right?
    He still played though unlike Torres, and I think you'll find the opposition is a bit more taxing than the sort you get in Portugal and he isn't surrounded by world class players who help him on his way.

    Torres didn't play when we was injured, what are you talking about? And now league quality counts? Your arguments are flawed. And we're still comparing a CM to a CAM...

    Im not saying he should be discounted purely because of league, but he isn't the star player of Porto, many have said he is a very on off player, and also the fact that he plays with a star studded team in comparison to the rest in the league should be taken into account.

    Terrible argument....who cares if he isn't the star player? Often times the most consistent player on a team is less recognized than the star player. Also, for a player his age to stand out on a team like Porto says a lot. He definitely deserves to be in there as a cm.
    I agree, you don't have to be the teams star player, but when i see portos team ratings it showed Torres as their worst rated player! That indicates he certainly isn't standing out...

  • undecided000
    580 posts Sunday League Hero
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Zzizou_10 wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Stilic's statistics also completely blow Luke Freeman out of the water also and are quite close to the amazing numbers of Julio Alvarez:

    Luke Freeman - 42 apps - 3368 mins - 7 goals - 16 assists - 146.4 mins/pt, 28.4% contribution to team goals, .55 pts/ game
    Semir Stilic - 27 apps - 2372 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists 118.6 mins/pt, 45.5% contribution to team goals, .74 pts/game
    Julio Alvarez - 25 apps - 2092 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists - 104.6 mins/pt, 54.0% of contribution to teams goals, .80 pts/game

    I am sure there are plenty of UK options to replace a weak option if that is the direction we go. Stilic is no longer a questionable option imo

    you just want to squeeze your Stilic into this squad, I think we already know that youlove that guy ;)
    If he is THAT outstanding player in Poland, I think it's no problem for him to find a place in the ROTW TOTS!
    But we talk about the most consistent TOTS, and that doesnt look very consistent to me:

    [img][/img]npo284oe.jpg

    and because of the match yesterday: don't know why you mean he had 2 assists, but i count only 1 assist and i watched the highlights of the match. Second one was a pass from number 7 (Jankowski I think); also transfermarkt did so!

    Sport.pl (a very ruputable site) had Stilic down as 2 assists in the game stream, see below:
    16973517397_339ac69b08_o.png

    I have no problem in updating the statistics to show only 1 since that is what Transfermart is showing:
    Luke Freeman - 42 apps - 3368 mins - 7 goals - 16 assists - 146.4 mins/pt, 28.4% contribution to team goals, .55 pts/ game
    Semir Stilic - 27 apps - 2372 mins - 8 goals - 11 assists 124.8 mins/pt, 43.2% contribution to team goals, .70 pts/game
    Julio Alvarez - 25 apps - 2092 mins - 8 goals - 12 assists - 104.6 mins/pt, 54.0% of contribution to teams goals, .80 pts/game

    Still destroys Luke Freeman's statistics and is close to Julio Alvarez numbers.
    Its not all about stats, and I can tell you Freeman has been amazing in league 1 and has a very good chance of winning player of the season
    Stilic will be ekstraklasa player of the season, anyway unless there is some switching he will have to stay in.

    My question is why is Torres currently considered a more worthy candidate than stilic?

    Because a lot of people are backing him for it. Can't really think of any other reason for it, given that he just wasn't a consistent player this season. He was certainly good, just not consistent.

    He has been very consistent in the league. Hasn't gone more than 3 games without a contribution, and his passing and distribution has always been up to a high standard.

    You know nothing John Doe. :D :D :D

    "Look at me, all I can do is throw stats in people's faces"

    I don't think i threw it, I wasn't that aggressive, perhaps gently placed it in front of you.

    I use stats to support my points and they make it a lot easier to compare to other players.

    The point is, stats aren't everything. If they were, by Falcao's overall career stats, he'd be kicking **** in the Prem, and not, well, scoring very little goals in what already is a considerable amount of matches. But yeah, sorry about my little outburst, I shouldn't have done that.

    Falcao had a terrible injury and hasn't been the same since. Not to mention strikers go in and out of form. Also settling into a new team is never easy especially for a ST, having to form a good understanding with the players around you.

    A lot of better ways to discredit stats than Falcao.
  • De Bruyne
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Why are people talking about it when they don't know about charleroi? I have watched 80% of charleroi games this season and kebano always goes out to the wings in games. He has also started games on the wing too transfermarkt is wrong. Kebano has been 1 of the best in the league this year and is really deserving of a spot in the team.
    Ryan hasn't even been the best gk in the league, Sels has been the best gk this season.
    How is Duarte doing?

    Very well, class player, one of the top cbs in the league atm.
    Good :) It's sad that he is out atm :( Was hoping for him to get a TOTS, was in the first few drafts, then Ryan was put in, and now Kebano is in. Kebano looks like the most deserving of the Pro League though.
    Agree, he's the main reason why Charleroi are where they are now. They went from an average midtable team to a team that's considered to be top 6 in Belgium atm, thanks to Kebano.


    Are you the guy who went for Lokoren last year?
    What do you mean?
    Not lokeren thats the team :lol:

    the cam from lokeren who got in last year, the name escapes me
    I was one of them yes :)

    Kebano has been to Charleroi what Vanaken was to Lokeren last year

    Thought so, can tell by the posts, take it you're happy with my belgian decision this year then :lol:

    The will be more unhappy than happy people with the dicision, because there's more deserving players in the Pro League and you're completely off on the position.

    I've put hours of time into this topic to give you numerous arguments on why Ryan should be included, yet all you do lately is completely ignore everything i say.

    I've proven he's had a good season with a spot in toty. I've proven his saves made were crucial for Brugge in winning points. I've proven his passing and kicking ability makes him very important in build-up play, he's won goalkeeper of the year, he's won the trophy for best Aussie U23 (Australian competition + Australian nationality), I've proven he's a very reliable goalkeeper, someone his defender trust for 100%, least conceded goals in the league,...

    I can keep on giving arguments, cause there's plenty more i can think of, but i'm guessing you're not even thinking about putting him back in. I'd really like some feedback about this matter, because if i'm right about this, atleast i can stop putting my time into this.

    @Aarong222

    As I have repeatedly said most of your argument is based on non league games while statistically with out his international awards he can't compete with either keeper who have had better seasons looking at it objectively

    And 3 GK's isn't an option?

    I'd prefer not too

    I'll list all his Pro League arguments one more time. Maybe that makes you consider the 3 goalkeepers. Although you said most of the arguments made were international based, there are still quite alot of things i mentionned which were only league based. Here we go:

    - Goalkeeper of the year award with 44% of the votes.
    - Least conceded goals (27) in the Pro League (competition which has ~1.40 goals/game on average) with 9 clean sheets.
    - Only 4 games lost in the regular competition (30 games in total).
    - Over 10 times 'save of the week'-winner in Het Laatste Nieuws (biggest newspaper in Belgium).
    - 105 saves made, equals 3.9 saves/game, 79% shots saves.
    - He's in Voetbalkrant team of the season (biggest Belgian football website) who also said he's starting to outgrow the league.
    - Teammates refer to him as being a goalkeeper they can count on for 100%. Someone who always stands up in the top games. (article posted before).
    - Finished 4th in the Golden Boot election (best player of the Pro League).
    - Him and Brugge are still running to win the Belgian title.
    - Was called up multiple times for the national team for his performances in Belgium and was picked over Langerak, Schwarzer and Jones.
    - Bjorn Engels, arguably our best CB, has been injured since the 19th of october, what weakened our defence.
    - Won the Harry Kewell medal for best Australian player abroad or Australian A-League player U23.
    - Media and coaches pointed out that he's important in build-up play with his amazing passing.
    - He's a goalkeeper that dares to come out on corners and free kicks. he hasn't conceded a single goal on a corner kick this season.
    - Brugge are an attacking minded team (fullbacks play very high on the pitch), with 68 goals made in 30 games. This leaves them vulnerable to counter attacks. Ryan reads the play very well and plays as a sweeper for his defence (article about reading the play posted before).
    - One of the best goalkeepers Phillipe Clement (Brugge T2) played/worked with/against in his 22 year career.

    Pretty impressive list if you ask me.

    - that was for 2014 only, Sels came 10th in that lol it has nothing to do with the whole season
    - clean sheets are decided by all the team
    - the team has lost 4 games not Ryan
    - HLN play no part in the vote, it is a fan vote and it makes sense that Ryan will always win because brugge have one of the biggest fanbases with Anderlecht. example:
    b340e407a6b169dc934a897b12084e83.png

    The save that won it wasn't even going in lol
    5426b32ed8a0ec94daa8862620c52fb9.gif
    - he only made 3.4 saves/game in Europa, a stronger competition, i don't think those 3.9 saves/game stats are true
    - voetbalkrant isn't that good, they have wrong stats all the time, there are other tots he's not in so it's not a certainty
    - players always hype their teammates, you can find thousands of quotes from players and managers talking good about players that haven't been what they say
    - same as goalkeeper of the year, 2014 only lol
    - team performance
    - Langerak is a dortmund benchwarmer, Schwarzer is a 42 year old leicester benchwarmer and Jones is a liverpool benchwarmer, hardly amazing
    - brugge still have Duarte and Mechele who are at the same level as Engels, Duarte has made as many TOTS as Ryan
    - Harry Kewell medal was from last season 2013/14 they haven't done this season's one yet
    - so? doesn't make him tots worthy
    - i remember him conceding a goal against Anderlecht in the 2-2 from a corner, he made a mess too lol

    go to 4:33
    - not tots worthy
    - happens all the time, just like managers and players talking up teammates. Genk coach said similar thing about Bizot who was rubbish lol

    Most of your post here is just rubbish, it's words that don't mean anything filling up space to make your argument look better than it is.

    - 2014 only, i agree, but he's been equally as good since he came back from the Asia cup.
    - clean sheets are decided by the whole team, but as Brugge is an attacking minded team with fullbacks who play very high on the pitch, the goalkeeper plays a big part.
    - the team have lost 4, but without Ryan we wouldn't be league leaders. We'll never know, but he's definitely won us more points than Kujovic would have ever won us.
    - Ryan has lost some of those votes aswell, so it's not only because Brugge have a large fanbase.
    - According to the UEFA website, Ryan has made 73 saves in 14 games in Europa (before the Dnipro game, in which he made 5). I'm not gonna calculate that, as i'm certain that's a higher average than the one you mentionned there.
    - Voetbalkrant is the biggest belgian football website. Their stats about goals/assists are off at times, but their credibility is quite good and their opinions are often spot on.
    - players only hype their teammates if they're actually being important for the team. Ryan is important.
    - See point 1
    - Big part in the team
    - Dortmund is, despite their bad season, still a few levels higher than the Pro League. Schwarzer is a monument in Australia. The fact he got called up in the first place, proves he's doing well.
    - Engels is arguably our best defender. I think i'm in a better position than you to judge, considering i'm the Brugge fan here.
    - B7Xu9W-CIAAIbp6.jpg picture of Ryan recieving the Harry Kewell medal.
    - Points out his role in the team: more than just shot stopping.
    - Allright. 1 corner kick then. Though i had them all covered, but forgot about that one. Not really his fault tho, Mitrovic running into him and afterwards 4 people on a square meter.
    - Like i said: a player who isn't important for the team, isn't being spoken highly of by his teammates/coaches. Especially not by a guy down-to-earth like Clement.



    I get it, you as a supporter from a rival team, don't want Ryan to get in.
    - he hasn't been the best keeper in the league this year, the goalkeeper of the year award was for 2013/14
    - I don't deny that but rubbish like 'only 4 games lost' isn't just because of Ryan so it's stupid saying it. Like saying Chelsea losing 2 games all season means gary cahill should be in tots
    -you say you wouldn't be where you are without Ryan, but kujovic has 2 clean sheets in his 3 games when Ryan was at asia cup
    proof; 437c976d9b.png
    - probably because there was a stand-out save that everybody voted for or a Proto save was included, the fact is brugge dominate the fanbase so he is bound to get more votes
    - where are those stats from the UEFA website? mine is from whoscored who give a direct saves/game stat
    - not true, example: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/brendan-rodgers-steven-gerrard-liverpool
    - Langerak has played 5 games lol, why are you even arguing it's an achievement to start over these keepers
    - are you judging that or are you just saying it to make your ryan argument look better? duarte is deserving too according to you
    - I already said Harry Kewell medal is for 2013/14, doesn't matter how many pictures you post
    - it was clearly a Ryan error
    - yes they are, happens all the time

    It's funny you talk about me being bias when the only people campaigning for Ryan are you, your brugge friend and australians. don't bother talking about bias.
  • Wilfo777
    509 posts Sunday League Hero
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    TBF I think EA would make Kebano central

    Yeah.

    Sanchez going in?

    Or Antonio/Berardi?
    @Aarong222 , do you feel it is imperitive to have another winger?
  • Wilfo777
    509 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    Nvm
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Jenko wrote: »
    Since Kebano isn't a winger put Carlos Sanchez in.

    I asked PAPZAMA who watches south american football and he said he was very good and probably River Plate's best player.

    Since he came second in the south american ballon d'or for last year, which was mainly for his second half of the year anyway, he has averaged a goal contribution every 105 minutes this year.

    He seems a lot more consistent than Kebano anyway and he's in a lot more defensive position.

    Also got 2 assists for Uruguay in his 2 appearances I think.

    Kebano is a winger. The two Brugge fans are doing all they can to get Ryan in. And your comment about him being more consistent, on what basis? His longest period without contributing to a goal is 5 games, same as Kebano, except Kebano's 5 games consisted of 278 minutes whereas Carlos Sanchez's consisted of 417 minutes. I'm not going to argue against players I don't watch (Carlos Sanchez), but don't post baseless things about Kebano please.

    Did you actually read my post about his starting positions? In case you haven't: here's the figures:

    4LW/LM
    4RW/RM
    9ST/CF
    6CAM/CM

    Flashscore proves it, soccerway proves it, transfermarkt proves it, the resumes prove it.
    Kebano played 8 out of his 23 games as a winger and most of those games were during the period of 2 months without a goal contribution.
    Kebano is a CAM/CF, not a winger.

    I'm not reading most of yours posts, it's the same stuff you posted 40 pages back. Those websites are all the same circlejerk, if it's on one, it's on the rest.
    Jenko wrote: »
    Since Kebano isn't a winger put Carlos Sanchez in.

    I asked PAPZAMA who watches south american football and he said he was very good and probably River Plate's best player.

    Since he came second in the south american ballon d'or for last year, which was mainly for his second half of the year anyway, he has averaged a goal contribution every 105 minutes this year.

    He seems a lot more consistent than Kebano anyway and he's in a lot more defensive position.

    Also got 2 assists for Uruguay in his 2 appearances I think.

    Kebano is a winger. The two Brugge fans are doing all they can to get Ryan in. And your comment about him being more consistent, on what basis? His longest period without contributing to a goal is 5 games, same as Kebano, except Kebano's 5 games consisted of 278 minutes whereas Carlos Sanchez's consisted of 417 minutes. I'm not going to argue against players I don't watch (Carlos Sanchez), but don't post baseless things about Kebano please.

    I don't think they'd lie just to get him into the team though?

    You really think EA are going to full look into his position?

    They'll just go transfermarket and release him as a CAM which defeats his purpose in the team.

    And even if he is more of a RW/RM, he has been ST and CAM a lot which is a big reason for his stats.

    Look at the lists he has posted, he's been hyperbolising loads about Ryan. I was trying to get Ryan in, but some of the things he's posting now to get him in is a joke, half of the list is from last season or can't be applied to Ryan. Ryan can't compete with the others GKs numbers-wise so he's targeting Kebano, he knows if he can get Kebano out Berardi is a lead candidate, so he can get Ryan in for Gabriel. He's already suggested that change like 5 times.

    Will they? I dont' know, have they changed them before? I just thought they released the team Aaron sent them.
  • Aarong222
    15405 posts Moderator
    Jenko wrote: »
    Jenko wrote: »
    Since Kebano isn't a winger put Carlos Sanchez in.

    I asked PAPZAMA who watches south american football and he said he was very good and probably River Plate's best player.

    Since he came second in the south american ballon d'or for last year, which was mainly for his second half of the year anyway, he has averaged a goal contribution every 105 minutes this year.

    He seems a lot more consistent than Kebano anyway and he's in a lot more defensive position.

    Also got 2 assists for Uruguay in his 2 appearances I think.

    Kebano is a winger. The two Brugge fans are doing all they can to get Ryan in. And your comment about him being more consistent, on what basis? His longest period without contributing to a goal is 5 games, same as Kebano, except Kebano's 5 games consisted of 278 minutes whereas Carlos Sanchez's consisted of 417 minutes. I'm not going to argue against players I don't watch (Carlos Sanchez), but don't post baseless things about Kebano please.

    Did you actually read my post about his starting positions? In case you haven't: here's the figures:

    4LW/LM
    4RW/RM
    9ST/CF
    6CAM/CM

    Flashscore proves it, soccerway proves it, transfermarkt proves it, the resumes prove it.
    Kebano played 8 out of his 23 games as a winger and most of those games were during the period of 2 months without a goal contribution.
    Kebano is a CAM/CF, not a winger.

    I'm not reading most of yours posts, it's the same stuff you posted 40 pages back. Those websites are all the same circlejerk, if it's on one, it's on the rest.
    Jenko wrote: »
    Since Kebano isn't a winger put Carlos Sanchez in.

    I asked PAPZAMA who watches south american football and he said he was very good and probably River Plate's best player.

    Since he came second in the south american ballon d'or for last year, which was mainly for his second half of the year anyway, he has averaged a goal contribution every 105 minutes this year.

    He seems a lot more consistent than Kebano anyway and he's in a lot more defensive position.

    Also got 2 assists for Uruguay in his 2 appearances I think.

    Kebano is a winger. The two Brugge fans are doing all they can to get Ryan in. And your comment about him being more consistent, on what basis? His longest period without contributing to a goal is 5 games, same as Kebano, except Kebano's 5 games consisted of 278 minutes whereas Carlos Sanchez's consisted of 417 minutes. I'm not going to argue against players I don't watch (Carlos Sanchez), but don't post baseless things about Kebano please.

    I don't think they'd lie just to get him into the team though?

    You really think EA are going to full look into his position?

    They'll just go transfermarket and release him as a CAM which defeats his purpose in the team.

    And even if he is more of a RW/RM, he has been ST and CAM a lot which is a big reason for his stats.

    Look at the lists he has posted, he's been hyperbolising loads about Ryan. I was trying to get Ryan in, but some of the things he's posting now to get him in is a joke, half of the list is from last season or can't be applied to Ryan. Ryan can't compete with the others GKs numbers-wise so he's targeting Kebano, he knows if he can get Kebano out Berardi is a lead candidate, so he can get Ryan in for Gabriel. He's already suggested that change like 5 times.

    Will they? I dont' know, have they changed them before? I just thought they released the team Aaron sent them.

    They made reid a winger when I sent him as a Cam last year
  • undecided000
    580 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jenko wrote: »
    Jenko wrote: »
    Since Kebano isn't a winger put Carlos Sanchez in.

    I asked PAPZAMA who watches south american football and he said he was very good and probably River Plate's best player.

    Since he came second in the south american ballon d'or for last year, which was mainly for his second half of the year anyway, he has averaged a goal contribution every 105 minutes this year.

    He seems a lot more consistent than Kebano anyway and he's in a lot more defensive position.

    Also got 2 assists for Uruguay in his 2 appearances I think.

    Kebano is a winger. The two Brugge fans are doing all they can to get Ryan in. And your comment about him being more consistent, on what basis? His longest period without contributing to a goal is 5 games, same as Kebano, except Kebano's 5 games consisted of 278 minutes whereas Carlos Sanchez's consisted of 417 minutes. I'm not going to argue against players I don't watch (Carlos Sanchez), but don't post baseless things about Kebano please.

    Did you actually read my post about his starting positions? In case you haven't: here's the figures:

    4LW/LM
    4RW/RM
    9ST/CF
    6CAM/CM

    Flashscore proves it, soccerway proves it, transfermarkt proves it, the resumes prove it.
    Kebano played 8 out of his 23 games as a winger and most of those games were during the period of 2 months without a goal contribution.
    Kebano is a CAM/CF, not a winger.

    I'm not reading most of yours posts, it's the same stuff you posted 40 pages back. Those websites are all the same circlejerk, if it's on one, it's on the rest.
    Jenko wrote: »
    Since Kebano isn't a winger put Carlos Sanchez in.

    I asked PAPZAMA who watches south american football and he said he was very good and probably River Plate's best player.

    Since he came second in the south american ballon d'or for last year, which was mainly for his second half of the year anyway, he has averaged a goal contribution every 105 minutes this year.

    He seems a lot more consistent than Kebano anyway and he's in a lot more defensive position.

    Also got 2 assists for Uruguay in his 2 appearances I think.

    Kebano is a winger. The two Brugge fans are doing all they can to get Ryan in. And your comment about him being more consistent, on what basis? His longest period without contributing to a goal is 5 games, same as Kebano, except Kebano's 5 games consisted of 278 minutes whereas Carlos Sanchez's consisted of 417 minutes. I'm not going to argue against players I don't watch (Carlos Sanchez), but don't post baseless things about Kebano please.

    I don't think they'd lie just to get him into the team though?

    You really think EA are going to full look into his position?

    They'll just go transfermarket and release him as a CAM which defeats his purpose in the team.

    And even if he is more of a RW/RM, he has been ST and CAM a lot which is a big reason for his stats.

    Look at the lists he has posted, he's been hyperbolising loads about Ryan. I was trying to get Ryan in, but some of the things he's posting now to get him in is a joke, half of the list is from last season or can't be applied to Ryan. Ryan can't compete with the others GKs numbers-wise so he's targeting Kebano, he knows if he can get Kebano out Berardi is a lead candidate, so he can get Ryan in for Gabriel. He's already suggested that change like 5 times.

    Will they? I dont' know, have they changed them before? I just thought they released the team Aaron sent them.

    I don't think Aaron can give positions.

    They get the positions in totw wrong quite a bit, and that's just one game.

    For a whole season they have no chance of getting it right.

    Most recently Coentrao played CM for Portugal but got released as a LM.
  • JohnDoe
    11309 posts Has That Special Something
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    TBF I think EA would make Kebano central

    Yeah.

    Sanchez going in?

    Or Antonio/Berardi?
    @Aarong222 , do you feel it is imperitive to have another winger?
    Is Berardi as consistent as Antonio? I've barely watched any lower league football this year. I am aware of how Berardi's season has been thus far, but I couldn't really give an opinion on Antonio.
  • Wilfo777
    509 posts Sunday League Hero
    Antonio has been one of the best championship players, he played lwb for a bit so that might have caused a dip in form.

    Berardi hasnt been as spectacular as last year, but I can't comment on consistency.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17252 posts World Class
    I think the amount of points that Adam Rooney consistently wins for Aberdeen should be enough to get in. It's incredible the amount of points he has won for us
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    Firstly, international competitions don't count right? Because if not, Carlos Sanchez shouldn't be in mate. You can't compare him to any other winger stat wise, since he only has 5 goals and 4 assists in 19 league games. He really shined at the Copa Sudamericana (call it the Europa League of America), leading River to the title, and btw, the Team of America he got in is only based on continental competitions
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think Aaron can give positions.

    They get the positions in totw wrong quite a bit, and that's just one game.

    For a whole season they have no chance of getting it right.

    Most recently Coentrao played CM for Portugal but got released as a LM.
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    They made reid a winger when I sent him as a Cam last year

    Damn, curse you EA.
  • undecided000
    580 posts Sunday League Hero
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    Firstly, international competitions don't count right? Because if not, Carlos Sanchez shouldn't be in mate. You can't compare him to any other winger stat wise, since he only has 5 goals and 4 assists in 19 league games. He really shined at the Copa Sudamericana (call it the Europa League of America), leading River to the title, and btw, the Team of America he got in is only based on continental competitions
    '

    11 goal contributions in 1763 minutes as a RM in a 3412.

    Also came second in player of the year for the whole of south america.

    No one has had anything bad to say about it, all seems pretty positive.
  • Maker
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I would like to suggest Nemanja Gudelj (Alkmaar) and Aleksandar Mitrovic (Anderlecht) as they played both a decent season.
  • Bruges Army
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    TBF I think EA would make Kebano central

    Yeah.

    Sanchez going in?

    Or Antonio/Berardi?

    Antonio in, Ryan in
    Kebano out, either one of those English strikers out, preferably Henderson.
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Why are people talking about it when they don't know about charleroi? I have watched 80% of charleroi games this season and kebano always goes out to the wings in games. He has also started games on the wing too transfermarkt is wrong. Kebano has been 1 of the best in the league this year and is really deserving of a spot in the team.
    Ryan hasn't even been the best gk in the league, Sels has been the best gk this season.
    How is Duarte doing?

    Very well, class player, one of the top cbs in the league atm.
    Good :) It's sad that he is out atm :( Was hoping for him to get a TOTS, was in the first few drafts, then Ryan was put in, and now Kebano is in. Kebano looks like the most deserving of the Pro League though.
    Agree, he's the main reason why Charleroi are where they are now. They went from an average midtable team to a team that's considered to be top 6 in Belgium atm, thanks to Kebano.


    Are you the guy who went for Lokoren last year?
    What do you mean?
    Not lokeren thats the team :lol:

    the cam from lokeren who got in last year, the name escapes me
    I was one of them yes :)

    Kebano has been to Charleroi what Vanaken was to Lokeren last year

    Thought so, can tell by the posts, take it you're happy with my belgian decision this year then :lol:

    The will be more unhappy than happy people with the dicision, because there's more deserving players in the Pro League and you're completely off on the position.

    I've put hours of time into this topic to give you numerous arguments on why Ryan should be included, yet all you do lately is completely ignore everything i say.

    I've proven he's had a good season with a spot in toty. I've proven his saves made were crucial for Brugge in winning points. I've proven his passing and kicking ability makes him very important in build-up play, he's won goalkeeper of the year, he's won the trophy for best Aussie U23 (Australian competition + Australian nationality), I've proven he's a very reliable goalkeeper, someone his defender trust for 100%, least conceded goals in the league,...

    I can keep on giving arguments, cause there's plenty more i can think of, but i'm guessing you're not even thinking about putting him back in. I'd really like some feedback about this matter, because if i'm right about this, atleast i can stop putting my time into this.

    @Aarong222

    As I have repeatedly said most of your argument is based on non league games while statistically with out his international awards he can't compete with either keeper who have had better seasons looking at it objectively

    And 3 GK's isn't an option?

    I'd prefer not too

    I'll list all his Pro League arguments one more time. Maybe that makes you consider the 3 goalkeepers. Although you said most of the arguments made were international based, there are still quite alot of things i mentionned which were only league based. Here we go:

    - Goalkeeper of the year award with 44% of the votes.
    - Least conceded goals (27) in the Pro League (competition which has ~1.40 goals/game on average) with 9 clean sheets.
    - Only 4 games lost in the regular competition (30 games in total).
    - Over 10 times 'save of the week'-winner in Het Laatste Nieuws (biggest newspaper in Belgium).
    - 105 saves made, equals 3.9 saves/game, 79% shots saves.
    - He's in Voetbalkrant team of the season (biggest Belgian football website) who also said he's starting to outgrow the league.
    - Teammates refer to him as being a goalkeeper they can count on for 100%. Someone who always stands up in the top games. (article posted before).
    - Finished 4th in the Golden Boot election (best player of the Pro League).
    - Him and Brugge are still running to win the Belgian title.
    - Was called up multiple times for the national team for his performances in Belgium and was picked over Langerak, Schwarzer and Jones.
    - Bjorn Engels, arguably our best CB, has been injured since the 19th of october, what weakened our defence.
    - Won the Harry Kewell medal for best Australian player abroad or Australian A-League player U23.
    - Media and coaches pointed out that he's important in build-up play with his amazing passing.
    - He's a goalkeeper that dares to come out on corners and free kicks. he hasn't conceded a single goal on a corner kick this season.
    - Brugge are an attacking minded team (fullbacks play very high on the pitch), with 68 goals made in 30 games. This leaves them vulnerable to counter attacks. Ryan reads the play very well and plays as a sweeper for his defence (article about reading the play posted before).
    - One of the best goalkeepers Phillipe Clement (Brugge T2) played/worked with/against in his 22 year career.

    Pretty impressive list if you ask me.

    - that was for 2014 only, Sels came 10th in that lol it has nothing to do with the whole season
    - clean sheets are decided by all the team
    - the team has lost 4 games not Ryan
    - HLN play no part in the vote, it is a fan vote and it makes sense that Ryan will always win because brugge have one of the biggest fanbases with Anderlecht. example:
    b340e407a6b169dc934a897b12084e83.png

    The save that won it wasn't even going in lol
    5426b32ed8a0ec94daa8862620c52fb9.gif
    - he only made 3.4 saves/game in Europa, a stronger competition, i don't think those 3.9 saves/game stats are true
    - voetbalkrant isn't that good, they have wrong stats all the time, there are other tots he's not in so it's not a certainty
    - players always hype their teammates, you can find thousands of quotes from players and managers talking good about players that haven't been what they say
    - same as goalkeeper of the year, 2014 only lol
    - team performance
    - Langerak is a dortmund benchwarmer, Schwarzer is a 42 year old leicester benchwarmer and Jones is a liverpool benchwarmer, hardly amazing
    - brugge still have Duarte and Mechele who are at the same level as Engels, Duarte has made as many TOTS as Ryan
    - Harry Kewell medal was from last season 2013/14 they haven't done this season's one yet
    - so? doesn't make him tots worthy
    - i remember him conceding a goal against Anderlecht in the 2-2 from a corner, he made a mess too lol

    go to 4:33
    - not tots worthy
    - happens all the time, just like managers and players talking up teammates. Genk coach said similar thing about Bizot who was rubbish lol

    Most of your post here is just rubbish, it's words that don't mean anything filling up space to make your argument look better than it is.

    - 2014 only, i agree, but he's been equally as good since he came back from the Asia cup.
    - clean sheets are decided by the whole team, but as Brugge is an attacking minded team with fullbacks who play very high on the pitch, the goalkeeper plays a big part.
    - the team have lost 4, but without Ryan we wouldn't be league leaders. We'll never know, but he's definitely won us more points than Kujovic would have ever won us.
    - Ryan has lost some of those votes aswell, so it's not only because Brugge have a large fanbase.
    - According to the UEFA website, Ryan has made 73 saves in 14 games in Europa (before the Dnipro game, in which he made 5). I'm not gonna calculate that, as i'm certain that's a higher average than the one you mentionned there.
    - Voetbalkrant is the biggest belgian football website. Their stats about goals/assists are off at times, but their credibility is quite good and their opinions are often spot on.
    - players only hype their teammates if they're actually being important for the team. Ryan is important.
    - See point 1
    - Big part in the team
    - Dortmund is, despite their bad season, still a few levels higher than the Pro League. Schwarzer is a monument in Australia. The fact he got called up in the first place, proves he's doing well.
    - Engels is arguably our best defender. I think i'm in a better position than you to judge, considering i'm the Brugge fan here.
    - B7Xu9W-CIAAIbp6.jpg picture of Ryan recieving the Harry Kewell medal.
    - Points out his role in the team: more than just shot stopping.
    - Allright. 1 corner kick then. Though i had them all covered, but forgot about that one. Not really his fault tho, Mitrovic running into him and afterwards 4 people on a square meter.
    - Like i said: a player who isn't important for the team, isn't being spoken highly of by his teammates/coaches. Especially not by a guy down-to-earth like Clement.



    I get it, you as a supporter from a rival team, don't want Ryan to get in.
    - he hasn't been the best keeper in the league this year, the goalkeeper of the year award was for 2013/14
    - I don't deny that but rubbish like 'only 4 games lost' isn't just because of Ryan so it's stupid saying it. Like saying Chelsea losing 2 games all season means gary cahill should be in tots
    -you say you wouldn't be where you are without Ryan, but kujovic has 2 clean sheets in his 3 games when Ryan was at asia cup
    proof; 437c976d9b.png
    - probably because there was a stand-out save that everybody voted for or a Proto save was included, the fact is brugge dominate the fanbase so he is bound to get more votes
    - where are those stats from the UEFA website? mine is from whoscored who give a direct saves/game stat
    - not true, example: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/brendan-rodgers-steven-gerrard-liverpool
    - Langerak has played 5 games lol, why are you even arguing it's an achievement to start over these keepers
    - are you judging that or are you just saying it to make your ryan argument look better? duarte is deserving too according to you
    - I already said Harry Kewell medal is for 2013/14, doesn't matter how many pictures you post
    - it was clearly a Ryan error
    - yes they are, happens all the time

    It's funny you talk about me being bias when the only people campaigning for Ryan are you, your brugge friend and australians. don't bother talking about bias.

    - He won goalkeeper of the year on the Golden Shoe election. That's the 2nd round of last season, combined with the first round of this season. The fact that he won more points than Proto in the 2nd round of the actual Golden Shoe election, proves he's only done better this season.
    - He's a big part of the team, like it or not.
    - Kujovic played against Mechelen at home, against Cercle away and against Oostende home, all midtable teams or lower. Ryan is an allround better goalkeeper than Kujovic. He wins alot more points for Brugge. If you're deny that, you're actually making a fool of yourself.
    - Maybe those saves from Ryan were stand-out saves aswell? Just look at his saves against Ruiz (Oostende out), his save against De Camargo (Standard out), his save on Kljestan (Anderlecht out), and i can keep on going like this. Look at the youtube vid, i posted a few days ago. Atleast 15-20 top class saves up to januari.
    - Uefa.com
    - Gerrard is a Liverpool monument. If Rodgers would talk trash about him, he would be starting an argument with the supporters.
    - I say it's an achievement he's being called up time and time again for his national team.
    - I'm saying that because Engels is our best defender. Duarte was our best defender this season, because Engels was injured most of the time.
    - He won the Harry Kewell Medal for the 2nd year in a row. Last year and this year. Here's the proof.
    Socceroos @Socceroos
    @MatyRyan is presented as the Harry Kewell Medallist for the best player U23 by @thepfa Give him a RT & #GoSocceroos
    @thepfa Trivia | @MatyRyan is the first player to have won the Harry Kewell Medal twice #GoSocceroos
    - No it wasn't, it was a scrimmage in which he couldn't do much.



    I'm not gonna bother responding to any of your comments anymore, simply because of the following 2 reasons:

    - You're trying to break down every single argument I made, which shows you're clearly being frustrated or jealous because of the fact Ryan, a player from a rival team, is a contender for this tots.
    - Half of the arguments you make aren't even based on anything. For example that Harry Kewell medal. If you would have put even a little effort into it, you would have found that he's won it this year aswell as last year.
  • Bruges Army
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Antonio has been one of the best championship players, he played lwb for a bit so that might have caused a dip in form.

    Berardi hasnt been as spectacular as last year, but I can't comment on consistency.
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    Firstly, international competitions don't count right? Because if not, Carlos Sanchez shouldn't be in mate. You can't compare him to any other winger stat wise, since he only has 5 goals and 4 assists in 19 league games. He really shined at the Copa Sudamericana (call it the Europa League of America), leading River to the title, and btw, the Team of America he got in is only based on continental competitions

    Antonio and Ryan in
    Kebano and an English ST out.
  • Bruges Army
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maker wrote: »
    I would like to suggest Nemanja Gudelj (Alkmaar) and Aleksandar Mitrovic (Anderlecht) as they played both a decent season.

    Gudelj has been mentionned before, but Van Beek is more deserving.

    Mitrovic had a bad period in october/november and stat-wise he can't compete with the strikers in this team.
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Antonio has been one of the best championship players, he played lwb for a bit so that might have caused a dip in form.

    Berardi hasnt been as spectacular as last year, but I can't comment on consistency.

    Guess this is time to get in. Yes, I absolutely
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    Firstly, international competitions don't count right? Because if not, Carlos Sanchez shouldn't be in mate. You can't compare him to any other winger stat wise, since he only has 5 goals and 4 assists in 19 league games. He really shined at the Copa Sudamericana (call it the Europa League of America), leading River to the title, and btw, the Team of America he got in is only based on continental competitions
    '

    11 goal contributions in 1763 minutes as a RM in a 3412.

    Also came second in player of the year for the whole of south america.

    No one has had anything bad to say about it, all seems pretty positive.

    "Rei da America"is only based on continental competitions mate. Just for you to have an idea, San Lorenzo, who won Copa Liberatores, have 3 players in the team, while River and Atletico Nacional, the finalists of Copa Sudamericana, have 7 combined (River, the champion, with 5).

    He has 9 goal contibutions in the league man, and don't know where you got that info since they actually played on a 442 like formation.
  • XxI5sY36OG04l5xX
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    put Ryan in pls
  • AndySav92
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Antonio has been one of the best championship players, he played lwb for a bit so that might have caused a dip in form.

    Berardi hasnt been as spectacular as last year, but I can't comment on consistency.

    Guess this is time to get in. Yes, I absolutely
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    Firstly, international competitions don't count right? Because if not, Carlos Sanchez shouldn't be in mate. You can't compare him to any other winger stat wise, since he only has 5 goals and 4 assists in 19 league games. He really shined at the Copa Sudamericana (call it the Europa League of America), leading River to the title, and btw, the Team of America he got in is only based on continental competitions
    '

    11 goal contributions in 1763 minutes as a RM in a 3412.

    Also came second in player of the year for the whole of south america.

    No one has had anything bad to say about it, all seems pretty positive.

    "Rei da America"is only based on continental competitions mate. Just for you to have an idea, San Lorenzo, who won Copa Liberatores, have 3 players in the team, while River and Atletico Nacional, the finalists of Copa Sudamericana, have 7 combined (River, the champion, with 5).

    He has 9 goal contibutions in the league man, and don't know where you got that info since they actually played on a 442 like formation.

    It's 7 goals, 4 assists. River have played 3ATB, but only for about 4 games. Sanchez played RM in one/two of them and CAM or CM in the others.
  • De Bruyne
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    TBF I think EA would make Kebano central

    Yeah.

    Sanchez going in?

    Or Antonio/Berardi?

    Antonio in, Ryan in
    Kebano out, either one of those English strikers out, preferably Henderson.
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    De Bruyne wrote: »
    Why are people talking about it when they don't know about charleroi? I have watched 80% of charleroi games this season and kebano always goes out to the wings in games. He has also started games on the wing too transfermarkt is wrong. Kebano has been 1 of the best in the league this year and is really deserving of a spot in the team.
    Ryan hasn't even been the best gk in the league, Sels has been the best gk this season.
    How is Duarte doing?

    Very well, class player, one of the top cbs in the league atm.
    Good :) It's sad that he is out atm :( Was hoping for him to get a TOTS, was in the first few drafts, then Ryan was put in, and now Kebano is in. Kebano looks like the most deserving of the Pro League though.
    Agree, he's the main reason why Charleroi are where they are now. They went from an average midtable team to a team that's considered to be top 6 in Belgium atm, thanks to Kebano.


    Are you the guy who went for Lokoren last year?
    What do you mean?
    Not lokeren thats the team :lol:

    the cam from lokeren who got in last year, the name escapes me
    I was one of them yes :)

    Kebano has been to Charleroi what Vanaken was to Lokeren last year

    Thought so, can tell by the posts, take it you're happy with my belgian decision this year then :lol:

    The will be more unhappy than happy people with the dicision, because there's more deserving players in the Pro League and you're completely off on the position.

    I've put hours of time into this topic to give you numerous arguments on why Ryan should be included, yet all you do lately is completely ignore everything i say.

    I've proven he's had a good season with a spot in toty. I've proven his saves made were crucial for Brugge in winning points. I've proven his passing and kicking ability makes him very important in build-up play, he's won goalkeeper of the year, he's won the trophy for best Aussie U23 (Australian competition + Australian nationality), I've proven he's a very reliable goalkeeper, someone his defender trust for 100%, least conceded goals in the league,...

    I can keep on giving arguments, cause there's plenty more i can think of, but i'm guessing you're not even thinking about putting him back in. I'd really like some feedback about this matter, because if i'm right about this, atleast i can stop putting my time into this.

    @Aarong222

    As I have repeatedly said most of your argument is based on non league games while statistically with out his international awards he can't compete with either keeper who have had better seasons looking at it objectively

    And 3 GK's isn't an option?

    I'd prefer not too

    I'll list all his Pro League arguments one more time. Maybe that makes you consider the 3 goalkeepers. Although you said most of the arguments made were international based, there are still quite alot of things i mentionned which were only league based. Here we go:

    - Goalkeeper of the year award with 44% of the votes.
    - Least conceded goals (27) in the Pro League (competition which has ~1.40 goals/game on average) with 9 clean sheets.
    - Only 4 games lost in the regular competition (30 games in total).
    - Over 10 times 'save of the week'-winner in Het Laatste Nieuws (biggest newspaper in Belgium).
    - 105 saves made, equals 3.9 saves/game, 79% shots saves.
    - He's in Voetbalkrant team of the season (biggest Belgian football website) who also said he's starting to outgrow the league.
    - Teammates refer to him as being a goalkeeper they can count on for 100%. Someone who always stands up in the top games. (article posted before).
    - Finished 4th in the Golden Boot election (best player of the Pro League).
    - Him and Brugge are still running to win the Belgian title.
    - Was called up multiple times for the national team for his performances in Belgium and was picked over Langerak, Schwarzer and Jones.
    - Bjorn Engels, arguably our best CB, has been injured since the 19th of october, what weakened our defence.
    - Won the Harry Kewell medal for best Australian player abroad or Australian A-League player U23.
    - Media and coaches pointed out that he's important in build-up play with his amazing passing.
    - He's a goalkeeper that dares to come out on corners and free kicks. he hasn't conceded a single goal on a corner kick this season.
    - Brugge are an attacking minded team (fullbacks play very high on the pitch), with 68 goals made in 30 games. This leaves them vulnerable to counter attacks. Ryan reads the play very well and plays as a sweeper for his defence (article about reading the play posted before).
    - One of the best goalkeepers Phillipe Clement (Brugge T2) played/worked with/against in his 22 year career.

    Pretty impressive list if you ask me.

    - that was for 2014 only, Sels came 10th in that lol it has nothing to do with the whole season
    - clean sheets are decided by all the team
    - the team has lost 4 games not Ryan
    - HLN play no part in the vote, it is a fan vote and it makes sense that Ryan will always win because brugge have one of the biggest fanbases with Anderlecht. example:
    b340e407a6b169dc934a897b12084e83.png

    The save that won it wasn't even going in lol
    5426b32ed8a0ec94daa8862620c52fb9.gif
    - he only made 3.4 saves/game in Europa, a stronger competition, i don't think those 3.9 saves/game stats are true
    - voetbalkrant isn't that good, they have wrong stats all the time, there are other tots he's not in so it's not a certainty
    - players always hype their teammates, you can find thousands of quotes from players and managers talking good about players that haven't been what they say
    - same as goalkeeper of the year, 2014 only lol
    - team performance
    - Langerak is a dortmund benchwarmer, Schwarzer is a 42 year old leicester benchwarmer and Jones is a liverpool benchwarmer, hardly amazing
    - brugge still have Duarte and Mechele who are at the same level as Engels, Duarte has made as many TOTS as Ryan
    - Harry Kewell medal was from last season 2013/14 they haven't done this season's one yet
    - so? doesn't make him tots worthy
    - i remember him conceding a goal against Anderlecht in the 2-2 from a corner, he made a mess too lol

    go to 4:33
    - not tots worthy
    - happens all the time, just like managers and players talking up teammates. Genk coach said similar thing about Bizot who was rubbish lol

    Most of your post here is just rubbish, it's words that don't mean anything filling up space to make your argument look better than it is.

    - 2014 only, i agree, but he's been equally as good since he came back from the Asia cup.
    - clean sheets are decided by the whole team, but as Brugge is an attacking minded team with fullbacks who play very high on the pitch, the goalkeeper plays a big part.
    - the team have lost 4, but without Ryan we wouldn't be league leaders. We'll never know, but he's definitely won us more points than Kujovic would have ever won us.
    - Ryan has lost some of those votes aswell, so it's not only because Brugge have a large fanbase.
    - According to the UEFA website, Ryan has made 73 saves in 14 games in Europa (before the Dnipro game, in which he made 5). I'm not gonna calculate that, as i'm certain that's a higher average than the one you mentionned there.
    - Voetbalkrant is the biggest belgian football website. Their stats about goals/assists are off at times, but their credibility is quite good and their opinions are often spot on.
    - players only hype their teammates if they're actually being important for the team. Ryan is important.
    - See point 1
    - Big part in the team
    - Dortmund is, despite their bad season, still a few levels higher than the Pro League. Schwarzer is a monument in Australia. The fact he got called up in the first place, proves he's doing well.
    - Engels is arguably our best defender. I think i'm in a better position than you to judge, considering i'm the Brugge fan here.
    - B7Xu9W-CIAAIbp6.jpg picture of Ryan recieving the Harry Kewell medal.
    - Points out his role in the team: more than just shot stopping.
    - Allright. 1 corner kick then. Though i had them all covered, but forgot about that one. Not really his fault tho, Mitrovic running into him and afterwards 4 people on a square meter.
    - Like i said: a player who isn't important for the team, isn't being spoken highly of by his teammates/coaches. Especially not by a guy down-to-earth like Clement.



    I get it, you as a supporter from a rival team, don't want Ryan to get in.
    - he hasn't been the best keeper in the league this year, the goalkeeper of the year award was for 2013/14
    - I don't deny that but rubbish like 'only 4 games lost' isn't just because of Ryan so it's stupid saying it. Like saying Chelsea losing 2 games all season means gary cahill should be in tots
    -you say you wouldn't be where you are without Ryan, but kujovic has 2 clean sheets in his 3 games when Ryan was at asia cup
    proof; 437c976d9b.png
    - probably because there was a stand-out save that everybody voted for or a Proto save was included, the fact is brugge dominate the fanbase so he is bound to get more votes
    - where are those stats from the UEFA website? mine is from whoscored who give a direct saves/game stat
    - not true, example: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/brendan-rodgers-steven-gerrard-liverpool
    - Langerak has played 5 games lol, why are you even arguing it's an achievement to start over these keepers
    - are you judging that or are you just saying it to make your ryan argument look better? duarte is deserving too according to you
    - I already said Harry Kewell medal is for 2013/14, doesn't matter how many pictures you post
    - it was clearly a Ryan error
    - yes they are, happens all the time

    It's funny you talk about me being bias when the only people campaigning for Ryan are you, your brugge friend and australians. don't bother talking about bias.

    - He won goalkeeper of the year on the Golden Shoe election. That's the 2nd round of last season, combined with the first round of this season. The fact that he won more points than Proto in the 2nd round of the actual Golden Shoe election, proves he's only done better this season.
    - He's a big part of the team, like it or not.
    - Kujovic played against Mechelen at home, against Cercle away and against Oostende home, all midtable teams or lower. Ryan is an allround better goalkeeper than Kujovic. He wins alot more points for Brugge. If you're deny that, you're actually making a fool of yourself.
    - Maybe those saves from Ryan were stand-out saves aswell? Just look at his saves against Ruiz (Oostende out), his save against De Camargo (Standard out), his save on Kljestan (Anderlecht out), and i can keep on going like this. Look at the youtube vid, i posted a few days ago. Atleast 15-20 top class saves up to januari.
    - Uefa.com
    - Gerrard is a Liverpool monument. If Rodgers would talk trash about him, he would be starting an argument with the supporters.
    - I say it's an achievement he's being called up time and time again for his national team.
    - I'm saying that because Engels is our best defender. Duarte was our best defender this season, because Engels was injured most of the time.
    - He won the Harry Kewell Medal for the 2nd year in a row. Last year and this year. Here's the proof.
    Socceroos @Socceroos
    @MatyRyan is presented as the Harry Kewell Medallist for the best player U23 by @thepfa Give him a RT & #GoSocceroos
    @thepfa Trivia | @MatyRyan is the first player to have won the Harry Kewell Medal twice #GoSocceroos
    - No it wasn't, it was a scrimmage in which he couldn't do much.



    I'm not gonna bother responding to any of your comments anymore, simply because of the following 2 reasons:

    - You're trying to break down every single argument I made, which shows you're clearly being frustrated or jealous because of the fact Ryan, a player from a rival team, is a contender for this tots.
    - Half of the arguments you make aren't even based on anything. For example that Harry Kewell medal. If you would have put even a little effort into it, you would have found that he's won it this year aswell as last year.
    - you already posted about the golden shoe on a seperate line, so you're just bulking out the post again with false info
    - i'm not denying that, just if he's more important to the team. Ryan conceded 6 goals in his 3 games against those teams, Kujovic conceded 1. your defence is more influential.
    - anyone can look good with youtube videos, anyone can see Brugge fan bias has won him some of those awards
    - don't post the website, tell me where it says his save amount. looks to me as though you know these stats aren't real because you don't want to post the real source
    - most liverpool supporters accept Gerrard's career is done for, it has nothing to do with that
    - not really, they have no other goalkeepers, Ryan is good enough to start for them but not as good as you make out
    - if Duarte can be deserving of a tots then losing Engels can't have made much difference
    - your proof for the Kewell medal is a joke, it is for the season 13/14. If you knew about the award you'd know Ryan won it in 2011/12 with Central Coast Mariners. here is actual proof, look at the date and where it says 2nd time:
    b603ff02569cc25edb5bddffa1314503.png
    the award hasn't been given out for this year yet.

    good, your responses are usually wrong anyway. Funny that you say that about the Harry Kewell medal because i've just made you look stupid.
  • lewisjg2011
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think the amount of points that Adam Rooney consistently wins for Aberdeen should be enough to get in. It's incredible the amount of points he has won for us

  • sned777
    10612 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm gonna be blunt here so don't get mad.

    I think Ryan will not make this. Surely next on the GK list is Gabriel from Carpi, and then I think there are probably 1/2 others ahead of Ryan.

    Getting tired of seeing the same arguments every 5 pages.
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Antonio has been one of the best championship players, he played lwb for a bit so that might have caused a dip in form.

    Berardi hasnt been as spectacular as last year, but I can't comment on consistency.

    Well guess now is my time to jump in :smile: Yes, he really hasn't been as spectacular as last season, though he has one big difference to last season, and that's why I have been praising him so much to get in this Most Consistent TOTS: his consistency. He hasn't had as much exceptional games as last season, but he has been consistently good for Sassuolo this season (with a few exceptional games), carrying the team's attack and only being 3 games straight games without scoring or assisting once, and even on these games still being Sassuolo's main player, which his stats really show, with 10 goals and 10 assists in 25 games (for a mid-table team).

    I can't really comment on Antonio since I haven't watched him at all, just know that he was not included on the team for not being consistent.

    @Aarong222 Really hope you get to read this!
  • undecided000
    580 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Antonio has been one of the best championship players, he played lwb for a bit so that might have caused a dip in form.

    Berardi hasnt been as spectacular as last year, but I can't comment on consistency.

    Guess this is time to get in. Yes, I absolutely
    Timoner12 wrote: »
    Firstly, international competitions don't count right? Because if not, Carlos Sanchez shouldn't be in mate. You can't compare him to any other winger stat wise, since he only has 5 goals and 4 assists in 19 league games. He really shined at the Copa Sudamericana (call it the Europa League of America), leading River to the title, and btw, the Team of America he got in is only based on continental competitions
    '

    11 goal contributions in 1763 minutes as a RM in a 3412.

    Also came second in player of the year for the whole of south america.

    No one has had anything bad to say about it, all seems pretty positive.

    "Rei da America"is only based on continental competitions mate. Just for you to have an idea, San Lorenzo, who won Copa Liberatores, have 3 players in the team, while River and Atletico Nacional, the finalists of Copa Sudamericana, have 7 combined (River, the champion, with 5).

    He has 9 goal contibutions in the league man, and don't know where you got that info since they actually played on a 442 like formation.

    I can't seem to find that it's just for continental?

    Also his stats are a lot better for domestic, so if he got it based on just continental then his domestic performances have been just as good, if not better.

    They play with Mora/Cavenaghi and Teo up front with Pisculichi behind. Sometimes 4312, sometimes 3412.

    On transfermarket it has his stats.

    You're just trying to get Berardi in.
  • GTaylor
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Antonio has been one of the best championship players, he played lwb for a bit so that might have caused a dip in form.

    Berardi hasnt been as spectacular as last year, but I can't comment on consistency.

    Antonio May have filled in at lwb or striker for a game or two max, but he wasn't a regular in these positions. This season he has played 90% of his games at LM. He should be a shoe in for this squad however. Not just well into double figures for goals but also well into double figures for assists.

    I genuinely believe that the impact made in a team should play a part. Antonio has at times carried Forest and has been the go to man for a spark or inspiration, after Britt's injury. Compared to the other NPower picks he stands up alongside them. Deeney has scored 20+ again and is a big player for Watford, but he's not been the sole reason for Watfords rise to the summit of the league. Ighalo has scored 20+ and Vydra has bagged plenty. Wilson has been brilliant in his first season at this level and has inspired his team into the top 2, with bags of goals and assists.

    Personally my picks would be Antonio LM and Wilson STR
Sign In or Register to comment.