Cheers @Alibongo & @xciljw
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Thanks @xciljw
  • xciljw
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    ****_Benz wrote: »
    Nice guide man! Any gameplay video?

@****_Benz Not yet. I will try and record it with Twitch in the next few days. Haven't tried it in FIFA 16 yet as I believe any form of button lag in a game depending on football/skill can kill you. :wink:
  • xciljw
    Alibongo wrote: »
    Anyone recommend Ramires as one of the left/right CMs?

Possibly. I prefer Fernandinho.

You reckon he's a better box-to-box player? Because my CCM is Gustavo and Vidal is on the other side.

@wijnaldum16 @Alibongo
    Both, Ramires and Fernandinho make a good left or right central midfielder. Have not used them in this formation yet, so I can't judge who will be better. Seems like it is a 50/50 situation, so it does not really matter who you choose. Both have their pros and cons compared to the other, but in general they are very similar.

If you want to compare them, click HERE.
  • xciljw
    Wanton wrote: »
    xciljw wrote: »
    Thx for the guide can ypu make me a 15-20 k team?

@Wanton Think this will around 15-20k (at least it is on Xbox). Hope you like it, should work!

d9d8efaf20b870c7a88f5a099f3fccfd.png

Great thx will give it a go :) have you a option for about 10k as fitness team sry I'm low on coins atm

@Wanton Kept it non-rare so it must be under 10k.
    3f9d530c21cd7fd1c655d2755703cb2e.png
  • xciljw
    Kurt wrote: »
    Excellent guide and no as opposed to what someone said in this thread you are right it's the Christmas tree formation

@Kurt Thanks mate, I appreciate it. For me it is Christmas every day of the week now.
  • BestInTheWorld
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    Excellent in depth guide
  • xciljw
    Tim86 wrote: »
    Nice guide :)

This has been my favorite formation this year as well, despite the fact that I have hated it in the last 3 FIFA's. Playing winger-type strikers at lower chem as LF and RF has really worked well for me and gives you a lot of extra options. Really don't notice any difference because of lower chem if it's just 1 or 2 spots.

d5a0a699c1.jpg
    510c77b10b.jpg

The position I struggle the most with to find the right player is the the central CM. In your guide you have mostly used strong defensive mids with fairly weak shooting, but in my teams that player has been crucial in both build up and attacking play. In a previous team Witsel was great there, but I must say Pogba is close to perfection as well despite his high/med.

In my other team I have yet to try out Dembele there. Before I tried Fernandinho (horrible due to his physique) and Fernando (decent, but he was on the ball too often for my liking..wasted a lot of good opportunities due to mediocre passing and shooting).

@Tim86
    Was not a fan of the formation last couple of years either. Must be honest this is the first time ever I tried this formation. Have not thought of using strikers (CF) at LF/RF, but have been thinking of using LW/RW players as LF/RF at ST.

Love the two teams you have, even though we have different opinions on the CCM spots. I want to compensate the formation being vulnerable by keeping people back in the midfield. For me it was the CCM to do this. I tried to with the left and right CM as well, but it is way more successful the way I described it. Of course the CCM still rushes forwards sometimes, just as they do in other formations when you instruct them to stay back, but the best is probably a tall, strong CDM type of player in that position with defensive workrates that is a very versatile player, so that has a decent shot as well. But you won't find many of those.
  • realhokies
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Absolutely wonderful guide @xciljw
  • xciljw
    Excellent in depth guide
    realhokies wrote: »
    Absolutely wonderful guide @xciljw

@BestInTheWorld @realhokies Thanks a lot. :wink:
  • Rafael89
    561 posts An Exciting Prospect
    great guide @xciljw !
  • xciljw
    Rafael89 wrote: »
    great guide @xciljw !

@Rafael89 Thank you very much. I hope it helped you with the questions you had about the formation. If there is anything I can help you with, let me know!
  • Khangaskhan17
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    @xciljw - Good stuff! Well written and nicely organized. Definitely one of the strongest formations this year. Will be great for the community. Thanks man.
  • xciljw
    @xciljw - Good stuff! Well written and nicely organized. Definitely one of the strongest formations this year. Will be great for the community. Thanks man.

@Khangaskhan17 Thank you. I must say it took me some time to get it the way it is. But all with the goal to make other people enjoy the formation as well or inform them about it. Agree with you it must be one of the strongest formations this year.
  • alex1987
    5660 posts Big Money Move
    I am using the same formation. Would you reckon this as good or would you suggest replacements?

IF Insigne - Zlatan - Lucas
    Marchisio - Verratti - Di Maria
    Alex Sandro - Chiellini - Thiago Silva - Aurier
    Buffon
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    alex1987 wrote: »
    I am using the same formation. Would you reckon this as good or would you suggest replacements?

Buffon

Verratti is way too small to be in the middle there.
  • Fumbler
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2015
    Using Strikers on 7 chem at the LF/RF spots is probably more beneficial than using actual wingers (outside of a rare few and expensive that have good finishing).

Other than that, nice guide. :)
  • alex1987
    5660 posts Big Money Move

You think? To me he feels quite right. Has some physical and his dribbling and passing are great.
    I guess i could throw in Matuidi, Nainggolan or Pjanic.

• Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite

You think? To me he feels quite right. Has some physical and his dribbling and passing are great.

Well, I'm talking from personal experience here, but it can be a bit different for others I guess.

In my teams he is the one player that has the most aerial and physical battles (I never play long balls to that position, but many goalkicks etc end up around that position).
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13091 posts Has That Special Something

To each his own, I only use tall and strong CCMs in my 4321
  • xciljw

Buffon

@alex1987 Would not stay with Verratti in the middle. I would play with Pereyra (Juve). Will still get full chem, is very allround, quality player and has more height in that position. Will obviously be of great help. I would go with Matuidi over Di Maria. So your midfield will be:

Pereyra - Marchisio - Matuidi

Rest of the team looks really good!
  • xciljw
    Fumbler wrote: »
    Using Strikers on 7 chem at the LF/RF spots is probably more beneficial than using actual wingers (outside of a rare few and expensive that have good finishing).

Other than that, nice guide. :)

@Fumbler Thanks for the feedback! Besides using decent players at LF/RF it can be helpful playing strikers there as CF, even though getting lower. Also gives more options to hybrid. :)
  • Wanton
    77 posts Park Captain
    @xciljw thx for the teams you made i have a question what stile do you play with the formation? More possesion play or more quick counter?or something else
  • xciljw
    @xciljw thx for the teams you made i have a question what stile do you play with the formation? More possesion play or more quick counter?or something else

@Wanton I tend to play more of a possession play, dominating games, creating lots of chances. But the formation is perfect to use for counters as well, you just have to recognize the right situations to do those. If you manage to recognize this you can combine the two styles. But it is mainly possession.
  • xCOLLISx
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2015
    Brilliant guide - tempted me to give it a go :) Like you and others have said, not really enjoyed this formation past few years, I had a small amount of success last year in the lower divisions but that was short-lived.

Would you be able to make me a team please? 45-50k budget on PS4 :) Serie A hybrid with something if possible, but it doesn't really matter if there's nothing good.

• Wanton
    77 posts Park Captain
    Ok the problem i have is when i get the ball to my mitfilders i often fee isolated and get pressured ... When i play the ball to the front tree it often gets intercepted so how you hold the possesion?
  • xciljw
    xCOLLISx wrote: »
    Brilliant guide - tempted me to give it a go :) Like you and others have said, not really enjoyed this formation past few years, I had a small amount of success last year in the lower divisions but that was short-lived.

Would you be able to make me a team please? 45-50k budget on PS4 :) Serie A hybrid with something if possible, but it doesn't really matter if there's nothing good.

@xCOLLISx Thanks mate! Don't know about PS4 prices, but have been using Xbox One prices in this case to see whether it is in the budget. Have two options for you. First option is a little cheaper. I hope you like it. They should play quite well.

Serie A
    9342a6d9a0cf1b8f03c8267fcdbe115c.png

Serie A + Brazil
    799b1a97d9d5fac21bad51c871e49ebe.png

• l OwNz l
    568 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @xciljw great read! Hats off for sharing m8
  • Andre2908
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2015
    please someone can build me one around Lacazette???

not so expensive
  • xciljw
    Ok the problem i have is when i get the ball to my mitfilders i often fee isolated and get pressured ... When i play the ball to the front tree it often gets intercepted so how you hold the possesion?

@Wanton Whenever you get pressured or there is no passing option available (when you feel isolated) remember there is always a way back that keeps you on the ball. It will never be possible that all 4 of your defenders are getting marked while a midfielder of you is on the ball. To avoid being pressured a pass back is often a good solution in general, because it gives you time to find the space to play through it.

For your problem up front, the ball often getting intercepted, it depends whether your passes are intercepted or whether they take the ball of the player who you passed the ball to. In the first case it is a matter of finding the right player to pass the ball to, a matter of making the right decision. Could be the case you are moving forward too quick as well. In the second case it is a matter of keeping the ball moving, while your players are moving.

It has been asked earlier whether I could make a vid of me playing the formation. I will try to do that tomorrow or on Tuesday, so I can have examples of how I play. Hopefully what I said up here helps already and the videos I will be adding in later can show you how it is played. In the end gameplay is way easier to understand how to do it then a plain text explanation.