4-4-1-1 Formation Guide

Comments

• duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    @Khangaskhan17 First of all, brilliant guide. Probably the best and most detailed i have ever seen

Got 2 questions though

1. Custom tactics have to be changed every single game/console restart right? You add it manual each time? Not talking about player instructions, just those passing/width etc

2. 4321 was my master formatoin last year. I allowed to many goals so decided to swich to either 4231 if i adapt to playng with cam's instead of wingers or this 4411(havent tried it though so far). Did you play 4231? What difference you were having and can point out between this two? I' been trying so far players like insigne and callejon on wide cam's, so they are like wingers, but in future will have to go for less pacey ones like de bryune/rodriguez with better shooting stats. So far this pacey ones make a lot of wind,but not scoring enough, but most of the wingers(not including top ones) have similar stats. Used costa and konoplaynka while playing 4321.

Appreciate your contribution :)
  • Nooyzi
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Great guide! Will give the formation a try! I have about 300k to spent what team should u build with it? Like the balanced midfield i think.
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    from the write up it looks like quite similar formation, you can have cam in similar position to cf, wide cams can play like wingers(assuming that about 78 pace will be enough there and will get used to more build up play than right now with that 85-90 pace cam's) but instead of 2 cm's you have two cdm's that i feel can give more in defence as probably they are positioned deeper. Used so far one defensive one and one all rounder with good defending skills. Testing cheap teams now and used Melo Medel, now changed Medel to Naingollan as two defensive ones were a little bit too much, and Rcdm was having too many opportunities to shoot.

Looking forward to your thoughts
  • Amaterasu10
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Khangaskhan17 great guide. i wiill try later, Iniesta and perez is a good combo ? i have messi and benzema upfront.

What is your current team ?
  • eJousie
    733 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fantastic guide I have to say. I was thinking about making a guide as well but could never have done so well as you did here.

However I differ on some of your opinions about workrates.
    Would also like to see some example teams (maybe some cheap ones and some more expensive ones).
  • Hey! Thanks a lot for your guide! I build a team, but I have Problems to get Alba in the team. When I put him at rb, ramos left with 7 chem? Are there other solutions for the lcm and rcm?

wlr3suwv.jpg
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    xXAiykoXx wrote: »
    Hey! Thanks a lot for your guide! I build a team, but I have Problems to get Alba in the team. When I put him at rb, ramos left with 7 chem? Are there other solutions for the lcm and rcm?

wlr3suwv.jpg

He will be fine. You will have 8 chem on him
  • eJousie
    Hey! Thanks a lot for your guide! I build a team, but I have Problems to get Alba in the team. When I put him at rb, ramos left with 7 chem? Are there other solutions for the lcm and rcm?

wlr3suwv.jpg

If you want Alba you will need a hyperlink for Boateng resulting in that you need Neuer on goal.
  • Okay,if I got neuer and put alba on Position it will be okay?
  • eJousie
    Okay,if I got neuer and put alba on Position it will be okay?

Jepz!
  • eJousie wrote: »

wlr3suwv.jpg

If you want Alba you will need a hyperlink for Boateng resulting in that you need Neuer on goal.

Ah damn I ment Dani Alves at the rb position ;D

Now you see what I mean ;)

9v5h9b6r.jpg
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Just get carvajal ^^^^^^
  • eJousie
    edited October 2015
    Hmmm I see your dilemma now :)
    Not going to work I'm afraid. You need a second strong link with Ramos to counter the two dead links. Or another weak link (to the GK).

Ter Stegen at goal would solve your problems. However I would rather play Ramos at 7 chem (even though it hurts my OCD) than replacing Neuer with Ter Stegen.
  • Or I play danilo
  • xXAiykoXx
    13 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2015
    I could play if moustafi for ramos or danilo/carvajal for alba
    What du you think?

Btw chem will be at 8 because of loyality i think?!
  • eJousie
    Danilo would fix it, I would go for that solution. But if you really want to play Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos you will need Ter Stegen at goal.
  • croSpartan
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    20tklcj.jpg

Hey man, love the guide and i appreciate the effort you have put into it!
    I just have a question who to put in the team listed above, doesn't even have to be on full chem, and which custom tactis would be the best for this team?
  • Okay thanks ;) i think i'll go with danilo and neuer then :)
  • Khangaskhan17
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    @SaifR - Can't go wrong with either squad! Muller and Tevez are two of the best CFs. I'm a bit partial to that Muller one because his positioning is just something special and it has great upgrade potential as Lahm is one of the best RCMs.
  • Khangaskhan17
    edited October 2015
    METH wrote: »
    Currently using 4141 but how would you recommend lining up this midfield??

Perisic Hamsik Hernanes Berardi. ( have de Jong and Medel)

I have Jovetic and di Natali who would be best has CF and SC??
    You think this form could also work with cassano and totti upfront??

I would actually move Hernanes to LCM and play Hamsik at CF if you're set on those players. @rckstr also recommended Dybala at CF yesterday so you might want to consider that. Normally, I'd use Jovetic and Di Natale as CFs but if you're playing them together, I'd play Di Natale at CF. Berardi works fine. Not a fan of De Jong or Medel for the formation. They're a bit clumsy but go with it if it works for you.

Cassano or Totti would work at CF but I wouldn't use the two together. A bit of pace can be really useful at CF, especially during those horizontal runs out towards the wings.
    Post edited by Khangaskhan17 on
  • Khangaskhan17
    duf wrote: »
    @Khangaskhan17 First of all, brilliant guide. Probably the best and most detailed i have ever seen

Got 2 questions though

1. Custom tactics have to be changed every single game/console restart right? You add it manual each time? Not talking about player instructions, just those passing/width etc

2. 4321 was my master formatoin last year. I allowed to many goals so decided to swich to either 4231 if i adapt to playng with cam's instead of wingers or this 4411(havent tried it though so far). Did you play 4231? What difference you were having and can point out between this two? I' been trying so far players like insigne and callejon on wide cam's, so they are like wingers, but in future will have to go for less pacey ones like de bryune/rodriguez with better shooting stats. So far this pacey ones make a lot of wind,but not scoring enough, but most of the wingers(not including top ones) have similar stats. Used costa and konoplaynka while playing 4321.

Appreciate your contribution :)

Thanks man!

1. You don't have to change CTs every game, you just need to select them. I normally go challenge the TOTW when I get on. Create the CTs from the menu and make sure to click it with that green mark. Back out of challenging the TOTW. Start up a match and click the green mark again on your CTs before readying up. Sometimes, the CTs do not save for the next match so you'll have to adjust them really quick in the menus before pressing ready.

2. 4231 (both variations) were my backup formations last year in FUT. The main difference is the shape of the midfield. With the 4231, the wingers or outside CAMs sit further up than the CDMs so that midfield line is staggered. You gain defensive consistency with the 4231s but I prefer the 4411 because the more advanced position of the CMs makes quick passing and creative play easier. I prefer playing with wingers instead of wide CAMs because the player pool has more options.
  • Khangaskhan17

wlr3suwv.jpg

That's one of the best 4-4-1-1 teams you can build! I'm actually using that Modric-Kroos pairing right now in my main squad, except I use Griezmann over Rodriguez. Don't forget Carvajal. I actually prefer him over Danilo.
  • Khangaskhan17
    eJousie wrote: »
    Fantastic guide I have to say. I was thinking about making a guide as well but could never have done so well as you did here.

However I differ on some of your opinions about workrates.
    Would also like to see some example teams (maybe some cheap ones and some more expensive ones).

Thanks man. Yeah, I definitely understand that different workrates can work for different people. If there's a player you prefer that doesn't have recommended workrates, still definitely use him. :) Like I mentioned in the guide, this is just how I've gotten the most out of the formation within my preferred tactical setup.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @Khangaskhan17 great guide. i wiill try later, Iniesta and perez is a good combo ? i have messi and benzema upfront.

What is your current team ?

Yes, Iniesta and Perez work well. If you find that you need additional defensive support, take a look at Modric.

I don't play much FUT at the moment, mostly H2H Seasons, but here's my current team:
    110dhza.png
  • pafeuuu
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2015
    @pafeuuu Which CTs are you using atm? Wingers in this formation will stay to collect quite often. If one side is overloaded and you switch the pitch, the far side winger almost always makes that run in on through. Also, what workrates do your wingers have?
    I have El Shaarawy and Carrillo on wings. Made this morning fitness team, wanted to try Angel Correa too so came up with this team:
    Vietto
    Correa
    El Shaarawy Moutinho IF Andre Andre Carrillo
    Assou-Ekotto Marquinos Maicon Joao Pereira
    Alves
    Plays really well, tried your instructions too and one holding mid (moutinho) + b2b mid (Andre Andre) combo is really good, b2b is an engine, Andre is sensational, Correa and him are jewels of this cheap setup. And if I pass the ball more, I find wingers well positioned too, key is to be patient and pass the ball until opportunity arises. Chenged also my other team to 4411, with IF Ben Arfa at CF and Fekir up top, appreciate your opening post, I tried this formation one more time and it looks like I found my poison.

Oh, and I saw someone mentioning Di Natale, I badly want to try him out at CF.
  • Khangaskhan17
    @croSpartan Depends on your budget. Bale if you have the extra coins, Turan if you don't. Isco would also work. He's been stellar for me on lower chem.

With that team try the: BU: 58/37 CC: 47/34/56 DEF: 62/64/68 (with the instructions).
  • Khangaskhan17
    pafeuuu wrote: »
    @pafeuuu Which CTs are you using atm? Wingers in this formation will stay to collect quite often. If one side is overloaded and you switch the pitch, the far side winger almost always makes that run in on through. Also, what workrates do your wingers have?
    I have El Shaarawy and Carrillo on wings. Made this morning fitness team, wanted to try Angel Correa too so came up with this team:
    Vietto
    Correa
    El Shaarawy Moutinho IF Andre Andre Carrillo
    Assou-Ekotto Marquinos Maicon Joao Pereira
    Alves
    Plays really well, tried your instructions too and one holding mid (moutinho) + b2b mid (Andre Andre) combo is really good, b2b is an engine, Andre is sensational, Correa and him are jewels of this cheap setup. And if I pass the ball more, I find wingers well positioned too, key is to be patient and pass the ball until opportunity arises. Chenged also my other team to 4411, with IF Ben Arfa at CF and Fekir up top, appreciate your opening post, I tried this formation one more time and it looks like I found my poison.

Oh, and I saw someone mentioning Di Natale, I badly want to try him out at CF.

Exactly this! Glad to hear it's clicking for you. Which CTs did you end up choosing?
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Which H2H teams do you play has??? I tried PSG for a few games and it looked promising.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    ****_Benz wrote: »
    I've opted for the total football route with this form lol.

Currently using this

Suarez
    Messi
    Neymar-James-Modric-Costa
    Alba-Pique-Pepe-Alves
    Bravo

Plays really well.

Jukez, did you use it on division? And did you stream btw? It's my fav this yr btw.

Yes I did. Won D1 with it. Didn't stream with the formation yet though.
  • croSpartan
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @croSpartan Depends on your budget. Bale if you have the extra coins, Turan if you don't. Isco would also work. He's been stellar for me on lower chem.

With that team try the: BU: 58/37 CC: 47/34/56 DEF: 62/64/68 (with the instructions).

Yea i dont have the coins for bale, he's too expensive on pc, will probably try turan then.
    And do you think IF Marcelo would suit the team more then alba?