One thing you'd love to see

Fleshgod
872 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited October 2015
more strikers with 4-5* skill moves. I find myself being crushed trying to find a good set of strikers who link and have 4* skill moves. It drives me nuts to see some leagues (looking at you specifically lewandowski) don't have one - I.e bundesliga, Serie a have pretty much zero unless you convert a cam forward. (Dybala, menez, choupo I know do, but that's not really a lot lol)

I know it's an odd thing to complain about but I find myself not getting goals or getting into space because of the fact that my strikers are limited skill wise.

Comments

• Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm a fan of changes that make gameplay more fun, but not if it's making the game less realistic. It would be nice if Lewandowski had 4* skills, but he never really "skills" in real life. 5* and 4* skillers should be a very unique thing. In real life, there are very few players that attempt advanced skills (i.e. anything other than feints, stepovers, etc.) on a regular basis. That should be reflected in FIFA.

If you really want to use skillers and are upset about elite players/leagues not having high skill moves, there are plenty of lower-rated 4* or 5* options in every league. As in real life, usually the very best players in the world rarely perform "skill moves" in real games.
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm a fan of changes that make gameplay more fun, but not if it's making the game less realistic. It would be nice if Lewandowski had 4* skills, but he never really "skills" in real life. 5* and 4* skillers should be a very unique thing. In real life, there are very few players that attempt advanced skills (i.e. anything other than feints, stepovers, etc.) on a regular basis. That should be reflected in FIFA.

If you really want to use skillers and are upset about elite players/leagues not having high skill moves, there are plenty of lower-rated 4* or 5* options in every league. As in real life, usually the very best players in the world rarely perform "skill moves" in real games.

I just mention lewandowski in particular because he used to be in previous fifas he was 4*.

Like I know they're supposed to be rare - but there's not a single gold striker with 5* skills. Not one.
  • Ledesale
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fleshgod wrote: »

I just mention lewandowski in particular because he used to be in previous fifas he was 4*.

Like I know they're supposed to be rare - but there's not a single gold striker with 5* skills. Not one.

Of the top of my head I can't really think of any gold strikers that deserve 5* skills, migth be wrong though
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move

Tricks in general are more effective in real life for wingers because they come from out wide into the box. Strikers don't do '4' or '5' star skills much in real life because its not that useful when taking a man on directly in front of the box.

Hence almost all 5 star skillers are wingers.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    That will make the game more fun, but not more realistic
  • WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    I guess this is why a lot of people are using wingers as strikers. On 7 chem they work out pretty good, not to mention the pace factor
  • Croat
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ledesale wrote: »

Of the top of my head I can't really think of any gold strikers that deserve 5* skills, migth be wrong though

Ibra would be nice

There's a fair few quality strikers with 4* skills; Benzema, Griezman, Suarez, Aguero, Ibra, Falcao, Martinez and Lacazette to name a few
  • Mr Cow
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa each year tries to get more realistic and it keeps failing and getting more boring they should just work on making it fun since they have no idea how to make a realistic game
  • Gromit
    3523 posts National Call-Up
    Mr Cow wrote: »
    Fifa each year tries to get more realistic and it keeps failing and getting more boring they should just work on making it fun since they have no idea how to make a realistic game

A lot of it comes down to the users though.

People just spam whatever is most effective. People don't play balanced. They fill their team with pace. Play fullbacks at CB, wingers at CM etc.

EA has given too much freedom both in player selection and in player control. It surely must be within their power to make playing players out of position impossible. They can already flag up if you have a gold player in a silver team etc surely they can red ring players in the wrong position too.

As for too much control, they've made dribbling too easy and effective in tandem with very easy to apply and very effective skills like the fake shot. Even a simple step over is weirdly perplexing to defenders as is this no touch dribbling.

All this leads to a game where simply running at a defence with an agile pacy decent skiller is the norm and actually passing and creating space like real football is a forgotten art.