Messi - best player of all time? AKA Ballon d'Or Discussion 2015

Comments

  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    i've found my USB. there should be an update tomorrow, hopefully. the update will include Luisito -- obviously because there is no point in comparing humans to aliens, might as well compare humans to humans.
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    update will be tomorrow. Whoscored has been a **** for the past hour, keeps giving me blank screens when i go to certain pages. i'm done with this joke website.

    the comparison will be Messi/Penaldo/Luisito
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2015
    6G5Wfhh.png

    Messi is clearly the best, Penaldo is more comparable with Luisito this year around. Messi contributes by far the most in three of the four phases of play, hence him being the most complete footballer of the three.

    The only reason why international friendlies are not being included is because full, accurate data is not given for those matches.
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Things Ronaldo has highest

    Most headers
    Most aerial duels won
    Least fouls committed and yellow cards
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    just realized i made a mistake for the clearances. i accidentally highlighted Penaldo as well :blush:
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Buddy can you edit out the mistake and also add a bad touch % or something
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    UhJ4FSi.png

    Update.
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2015
    FB_IMG_1440427252921.jpg

    Stats
    So its actually quite similar
    83~86%
    Also like yay Ronaldo has the edge, but you can see here that Messi performed when it mattered ( shootouts) where Ronaldo wasn't as impressive.

    And even if you see all penalty misses, Ronaldo has missed many major decisive penalties, which Messi rarely if ever has

    Ronaldo may be a greater penalty taker, but Messi had more success in big games and decisive penalties
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    Part one coming up shortly.
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Messi 49 votes
    Suarez 3 votes
    Ronaldo 2 votes

    Outstanding
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    With the new matches and Messi's increased goal to game ratio with Argentina
    The only thing that makes Ronaldo better is penalty conversion (which is marginal as shown before)
    And headers
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    DeeJay-00 wrote: »
    With the new matches and Messi's increased goal to game ratio with Argentina
    The only thing that makes Ronaldo better is penalty conversion (which is marginal as shown before)
    And headers

    So you confess Ronaldo is better?
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jenko wrote: »
    DeeJay-00 wrote: »
    With the new matches and Messi's increased goal to game ratio with Argentina
    The only thing that makes Ronaldo better is penalty conversion (which is marginal as shown before)
    And headers

    So you confess Ronaldo is better?

    Yeah I admit he's better marginally in penalties and headers (which is obvious, due to the height)
    Everything else is in Messi's bag
    So Messi is still better
    Unless you were being sarcastic and I failed to catch that
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something
    DeeJay-00 wrote: »
    Jenko wrote: »
    DeeJay-00 wrote: »
    With the new matches and Messi's increased goal to game ratio with Argentina
    The only thing that makes Ronaldo better is penalty conversion (which is marginal as shown before)
    And headers

    So you confess Ronaldo is better?

    Yeah I admit he's better marginally in penalties and headers (which is obvious, due to the height)
    Everything else is in Messi's bag
    So Messi is still better
    Unless you were being sarcastic and I failed to catch that

    lol
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    7btkTtp.png

    Penaldo padding his stats against dross
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    messironaldomilestones20150918_800x450.png&w=738&site=espnfc

    should be interesting to follow this through the season
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Could Penaldo be back in the race, @D10S ?
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2015
    c9cb7a6bbfda6df3c88313fcddd4fee5.png
    What the hell is this? :D

    96f65b62dc3c117d7e85b84358b0ac32.png
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    Penaldo to score 30 goals against fodder until December

    voting extension

    Penaldo wins Ballon d'Or???

    EA LOGIC
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Lewa :blush:
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    will make an update in a few days, working on some other projects atm
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up



    GOAT
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    messi-cr-last-6-seasons-1-1-.png
  • Wolf91
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ronaldo is such a massive stat passer. He's far worse than messi, always scores the 3rd 4th 5th goal tap ins against sides which entire squads probably cost less than his weekly wages. Then come a big game, like atletico the other week, completely disappears
  • Sloosh
    6753 posts Big Money Move
    His passing stats aren't that massive
  • KK_Divine
    1176 posts Professional
    You're probably more than a year late with the 'stat-padding' argument. Let it rest.
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    CSHTPMGUcAAbbkU.jpg

    It's funny, because people post this graphic on twitter to show how good Özil is as a playmaker. But at the same time, Messi is #1. In the same time frame, Messi has also scored the most goals. Funny, no?
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    D10S wrote: »
    CSHTPMGUcAAbbkU.jpg

    It's funny, because people post this graphic on twitter to show how good Özil is as a playmaker. But at the same time, Messi is #1. In the same time frame, Messi has also scored the most goals. Funny, no?

    It's something that'll not happen again for many years, someone being top assister and goal scorer
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    FB_IMG_1445745816873.jpg

    Neymar Green
    Ronaldo Blue
This discussion has been closed.