Career mode with no Transfers

What are peoples thoughts about an option to switch off all transfers?

My reasoning is because I like to play with my current team and their players in a career mode setting where I am playing against realistic teams. EG when I come up against Chelsea with Rooney up top it annoys me.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Nakusin
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm mixed about it, it has it's problems in that it severely limits replacing players when they are injured, retired, etc. Yes you could get Youth players but that's so less immediate. It would break immersion even more than the insane transfers if there were literally no transfers, ever. That said if people want to play like that for whatever reasons then perhaps it should be there. I'm happy with the no transfers in first window option & would just like there to be more realistic & less predictable transfers, aka Alaba to Juventus every single game. Also in 2 career modes I've seen Aguero go to Barca & Suarez to Man City, while that isn't totally unrealistic, it's the fact it happened twice almost like teams identify the same solution to the same problem every time, it needs a bit of variety.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    I agree with you about playing with the starting team/squad. I have done career modes where I liked the starting team and didn't buy or sell a player for the 1st year and then only purchased one or two players. And I sometimes check out my career mode teams in real life and buy, sell or loan the same players as they do in real life. I'm not sure if they would make an option to switch off transfers completely because it would take away from the realism. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt as an option and it's not a bad idea. Everyone plays in different ways and has different preferences and this may be a thing that other players might also like. Another thing is if you get transfer offers for players you can always disallow future transfer offers - I have done that in the past when I wanted to keep the original team/squad when I start a career.
  • A real frustration is when the board makes a transfer on your behalf where you can't stop it. Such as when a player is unhappy. This happens once a season to me
  • CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    A real frustration is when the board makes a transfer on your behalf where you can't stop it. Such as when a player is unhappy. This happens once a season to me

I had this in 13 when the board sold my best player for £40m after I had just turned down a £90m bid for him. A load of an earlier save same fortunately sorted it out.

Not seen the same (yet) in 15 or 16. Where I've had a player saying he wanted to leave the board have told me its up to me and don't interfere. I've been able to keep the unhappy player until he's got over his sulking. If I want to rectify an unhappy/unsettled player I generally find a couple of games involved in the 1st team (even as sub) or a new contract sorts them out. A new contract, if you can afford it, will also make the player less attractive to other clubs as it always means higher wages thanks to the massive player power in the game.

• A real frustration is when the board makes a transfer on your behalf where you can't stop it. Such as when a player is unhappy. This happens once a season to me

I had this in 13 when the board sold my best player for £40m after I had just turned down a £90m bid for him. A load of an earlier save same fortunately sorted it out.

Not seen the same (yet) in 15 or 16. Where I've had a player saying he wanted to leave the board have told me its up to me and don't interfere. I've been able to keep the unhappy player until he's got over his sulking. If I want to rectify an unhappy/unsettled player I generally find a couple of games involved in the 1st team (even as sub) or a new contract sorts them out. A new contract, if you can afford it, will also make the player less attractive to other clubs as it always means higher wages thanks to the massive player power in the game.

Nice work, great advice!
  • EA could add two news sliders:

1 - Frequency of transfers (career mode)
    2 - Interceptations (all game)

I love career mode, but, actually, i can just play 2 or 3 season, because the teams changes a lot. Every transfer window Bayern sell Gotze, Alaba, Boateng..... weird.
  • Speedz0r
    15 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2015
    I'm only in the middle of my second season with Man Utd now (haven't bought or sold anyone). PSG has now bought: Sergio Agüero, Diego Costa, Eden Hazard. Chelsea have bought: Robert Lewandowski & Leighton Baines. Barcelona: Lloris. Bayern: Valdés. Man City: Thomas Müller, Javi Martinez. Some might be a little realistic, but come on, that PSG side is as unrealistic as you can get it.
  • In my opinion, must have transfers, it's natural, but must have some criteria:

1- World Class players: Must have difficult a club sell or buy this kind of player, in real life it's difficult a club sell a player with this status, because they are importants. In FIFA, doesn't exist this criteria, a club doesn't care about this.

2 - Transfers in general - In FIFA 16, clubs sell and buy players without necessary .For exemple: If a team needs a striker, it's normal in transfer window, buy some striker, but in FIFA 16 it's crazy 'cause the players are sold and purchased without this need, a club with 5 strikers in group, buy another :s
  • Kuklinski
    89 posts Park Captain
    If you start a career mode in Turkish League, you will see there is no transfer in the world. This bug has started on Fifa 15 but as usual nobody cared about it so it still exists in Fifa 16.