Sacked in the morning

I was super happy for winning the Euro League in my first season with Liverpool, although I disappointed in the league finishing 7th. I've focused on trying to create a dynasty through my youth academy, and there are quite a few exciting talents there. But at the end of the season, the board decides that I'm not the right man to take this team forward although I won the club it's first piece of silverware since Dalglish (He got sacked to, clearly the owners doesn't like winning).
I also have a question, what will happen to all the players in the academy? Will they be promoted at a later stage, or will they be gone? Should I in that case load back to my last save (2 weeks earlier(still after the season have ended)) and promote them, so that I can buy them myself?

Comments

• Nakusin
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm unsure, my nephew has mentioned that youth players that you scout that you lose to other teams for example do appear in the game later, you can still scout & buy them but I don't know how true it is, but if so it'd imply that they will always be promoted, that said I have no idea how true it actually is as I've never taken enough notice, that said however by loading the game & promoting some yourself, you guarantee them to be in your game & available for you to buy at a later point. (not immediately I imagine)
  • CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    Youth players lost to other teams before you sign them do seem to appear available to buy as I found one the other day. Although if 15 is anything to go by, you have to be wary of reuse of the regen names - that might not be the same player you lost out on.

But I think the OP was talking about youth players he'd signed into his youth program and asking whether that work would be continued by the AI manager taking over and promoting them to the 1st team or just wiped out but I don't have an answer for that.

I did also find in 15 that if you signed players into the youth team and then released them they did not get picked up by other teams so you couldn't find them to buy later (not 100% sure on that or whether it's changed in 16).
  • Nakusin
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Youth players lost to other teams before you sign them do seem to appear available to buy as I found one the other day. Although if 15 is anything to go by, you have to be wary of reuse of the regen names - that might not be the same player you lost out on.

But I think the OP was talking about youth players he'd signed into his youth program and asking whether that work would be continued by the AI manager taking over and promoting them to the 1st team or just wiped out but I don't have an answer for that.

I did also find in 15 that if you signed players into the youth team and then released them they did not get picked up by other teams so you couldn't find them to buy later (not 100% sure on that or whether it's changed in 16).

I'm aware of what the OP was talking about & all I meant by what I was saying is, that if other players that you miss out on really do appear it means the AI does indeed have a youth program & promotes those players in the background, so theoretically that should work when he's not at Liverpool though I don't know for absolute sure, but as I finish off concluding, by promoting those players to his first team himself before being sacked, he guarantees the players being there in his game & skips any theoretical stuff.