Career mode 15 vs 16

Hi everyone,
I've been playing both Fifa and PES quite a lot during years (decades now). I'm offline player only so career mode (and ML in PES) is my favourite mode. I found both games last year's iterations more than their predeccors but now I'm not planning to buy both games cause don't really have time to play them both. I was really looking for PES 2016 but having read user reviews and opinions I'm not sure anymore. There seems to be a really heavy scripting this time and also if they don't fix blind referees I won't buy PES. Then again there are very incoherent opinions (of course there are) about Fifa 16, some say it is only a slightly polished version of 15 while other say it has totally different gameplay mechanics than last year.

So my question for you all is - is it really worth to update (speaking of career mode) 15->16 or do you have a feeling you're playing same game as last year this time? :smile:

Comments

• Alastair
    9640 posts Moderator
    Which console are you on? If you are PS4, X1 or PC then I would say definitely get it as the game is a lot better.

I can't speak for any other consoles as I don't have that version of the game.
  • Thanks mate, forgot to say I'm on PS4.
  • Alastair
    9640 posts Moderator
    Pinewood wrote: »
    Thanks mate, forgot to say I'm on PS4.

PS4 is completely different. In my opinion this is the one of the best CMs ever. The new training feature is amazing.
  • MilkyBarKid16
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My only complaint is that the top teams do quite badly, which is fun for a while, but then is just stupid. In my WHU career, Liverpool came 12th, MU came 8th and Arsenal came 6th.
  • CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    There are a lot of things that could be done better in the game but I still really like playing CM (Manager). It has decent upgrades from 15 and the gameplay is really quite different (mostly good). I tried the PES demo (not bought PES since about 07) and really didn't like it, not immersive at all and gameplay seemed stilted to me. FIFA is still king but they are resting on their laurels with CM too much and CM Player is just too broken for me to even bother with anymore.
  • Thank you guys you nearly convinced me... I think I'll wait another two weeks to see if Konami fix referees next patch. If they don't it is definitely Fifa for me this year (and might be anyway).
  • Alastair
    9640 posts Moderator
    My only complaint is that the top teams do quite badly, which is fun for a while, but then is just stupid. In my WHU career, Liverpool came 12th, MU came 8th and Arsenal came 6th.

That is quite realistic, just look at the current BPL table; Chelsea 11th, Liverpool 10th, Spurs 7th.
  • MilkyBarKid16
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Alastair wrote: »

That is quite realistic, just look at the current BPL table; Chelsea 11th, Liverpool 10th, Spurs 7th.

Not for the whole season! The table always irons out
  • Update: so I bought the game and I'm glad I did as I just read Konami didn't fix even referees in their game.

I'm playing my first season in career mode, don't have that much games behind yet but so far I like the game a lot. Though some of most annoying things still exist (like ball that keeps returning to oppostion team time after time when "momentum engine" kicks in and so on) the gameplay is defenitely better than before. Now you can actually play possession game and build your attacks with nice short passing. Defending is better than before, not as many stupid moves from your defenders. Chance creation feels more challenging (if you choose shor passing game anyway) and many of my matches have ended 0-0 or 1-1, because both teams defend well. Then again, I'm pretty bad at scoring so far cause of cpu defending well but I believe it'll improve game by game. Referees are really good in my opinion, some penalty kicks but not too much, free kicks given are mostly adequate and cards too.

I play Liverpool, world class with sliders (from Operationsports.com, little bit modified myself). I've never been a real good player so this is really challenging enough for me so far. If (I mean IF) I get any better, I'll switch to smaller team.

So, right now I have pretty optimistic thoughts about Fifa 16.
  • Sh4h_-_7
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Career mode is brilliant one mode I play everyear year in year out made a good choice I started off at portsmouth as they have there real life stadium in and ive taken them from league two to championship with offers on the way I have just been asked by hull to sign there contract but I declined lol COME ON POMPEY........POMPEY COME ON add me if you want ps4 Sh4H_-_7