Transfer System Is Broken

Altai
3 posts Ball Boy
edited October 2015
I know I'm not the only one to have noticed this but the transfer system in FIFA 16 is completely over exaggerated and broken, I started a Liverpool Career Mode not too long ago and within the first two months of the season (first transfer window) I saw Neymar, Hazard, Boateng, Alaba, and Gotze all switch clubs (Gotze went to Atletico Madrid, smh), and over $300,000,000 spent within the last ten hours of the window, and even took screenshots of it on my PS4 to prove it. The point is I wouldn't be so outraged about this is EA hadn't made this a bullet point in their Career Mode Innovations article:

More Realistic Transfers - While the transfer window is open, we have tuned the number of ‘high-profile’ moves by big players to better match the number of changes that typically happen in the real-world.

And sure I could close the first transfer window and not be able to make any kind of signings my self, but even If I did that who's to say all these unrealistic transfers wouldn't have happened in the winter window.

FIFA201620Career20In20Menus_zpsod9ig6f0.jpg

FIFA201620Career20In20Menus_1_zpseqf0iua2.jpg

Post edited by Altai on

Comments

• Nakusin
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Wow, that's just insane, my own career mode has had big transfers but they've taken place a bit more sparcely.... Still your top deals are just... whoa.
  • Honestly this happens in every career mode.
  • Kuklinski
    89 posts Park Captain
    I haven't seen a career mode yet where Juventus didn't sign Alaba.
  • TheFreshPence
    51 posts Park Captain
    It might not be ideal for what you're trying to do, but disable the first transfer window. When I've done that the moves seem to be a little less ridiculous. Alaba to Juventus happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. No way to stop that. I just bought him for myself with Chelsea.
  • CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2015
    I had a few big name deals in Aug & Jan, including some player induced like studge, but nothing too unrealistic. Rarely see massive activity on deadline day, actually the opposite so far in 16.

Re Alaba to Chelsea: good luck mate, signed him in 15 and he constantly bitched about game time despite being 1st choice so I got rid and signed the glitched Bamba.

I have seen a couple of things I've not seen before in the FIFA transfer market:-
    1. I agreed to let Spurs talk to Remy at £16m (well above market) and also put that open to 2 other clubs interested in him. Remy declined all, not willing to agree personal terms.
    2. Bid Ivanovic + cash for Aurier (PSG) and was told it'd take player + 17m which I didn't have. Got notification Bayern bid £20m+ on final day which should have been enough to trigger deal but it didn't go through, to my relief as I'll prob go back in summer.

My point is both these scenarios would have been forgone conclusions in previous titles so they definitely seem to have tweaked the transfer market. Not attempted to prise Messi away from his tax problems in Spain yet to see if that is still impossible (he turned down wages of £1m+ repeatedly in 15).
  • Altai
    3 posts Ball Boy
    It might not be ideal for what you're trying to do, but disable the first transfer window. When I've done that the moves seem to be a little less ridiculous. Alaba to Juventus happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. No way to stop that. I just bought him for myself with Chelsea.

Maybe but the point is I shouldn't even have to do that, especially when EA even stated that they would tune the number of big money transfers that happened in career mode, the only reason I even did a Liverpool career mode was so I could build them up from scratch, the only player 82+ rated player that I bought in the first window was Reus who even I gave up Sturridge plus some cash to get.

And you're right about the Alaba thing, it's pretty much become am on running joke on every FIFA website that Alaba goes to Juve in every career mode, even though Juve already have Sandro and Evra who are both 81+ at LB. EA can't seem to grasp the fact teams shouldn't be willing to sell every single top player on their team. How in any way is it realistic that FC Bayern would being willing to sell the world's best left back, one of the game's best center backs, and their best and only CAM all within the first transfer window?
  • Whoman
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2015
    a bigger problem is that the big teams accumulate sooooo many great players and there is no trickle down effect to 2nd tier teams via transfer and free agency. In my CM with Freiburg, in 2019 Dortmund and Bayern have basically 25-30 guys rated above 80 + a string of prospects. Guys like Mkhitaryan or Immobile should move to other teams rather than finishing a season with 2 and 3 games, respectively. Or Ramos, Hofmann with 1. Or the newly aquired Lacazette who plays maybe 10 a year behind Aubameyang.
  • When is EA going to release a real patch to fix this issue they said wouldn't even be in the game? It ruins the authenticity of your career mode when you have players like Neymar, Hazard, Alaba, and Boateng all moving within the first two months of the season.
  • Wyojasond
    10128 posts Has That Special Something
    Maybe you should close the first transfer window. I've started 3 different carrer modes, all with the first window closed and I've rarely had any big transfers. If there is one, it's usually spread out. Just saying.
  • Btown4014
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I really hate this the really bad part about it is the teams that sell are to dumb to get a replacement like the Spurs selling their gk and having no one left for that position and fall all the way down the table and it happens to a lot of teams after 3 or so seasons and really ruins the game for me.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I know this transfer stuff is important to you guys but I don't even notice these transfers. I don't even know why it matters or why it makes people upset. I play career mode to manage my team, improve it and try and win the league or cup, everything else doesn't really matter to me.
  • CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I know this transfer stuff is important to you guys but I don't even notice these transfers. I don't even know why it matters or why it makes people upset. I play career mode to manage my team, improve it and try and win the league or cup, everything else doesn't really matter to me.

I don't get too hung up about it but I understand people's annoyance when it goes to extremes. Like someone said above, Spurs selling their world class keeper and not replacing him - I had same in 15, when I played them they had my loaned youth keeper between the sticks. Takes away some of the realism and also the challenge if you play top sides and they haven't any of the recognisable players in their team. Should be a pretty simple algorithm for EA to implement that if an AI team loses a key striker they go looking for a like-for-like replacement and don't leave gaping holes in their team. Therein lies the frustration, this is far from being the first iteration of the game and yet it's still broken.
  • MilkyBarKid16
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Like most features in career mode, EA improved it but only to a certain degree. It never feels like they put any love into the game mode, which is a real shame because CM could be so good with a bit of thought and care.
  • MeanOnSunday
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Boateng always goes to Chelsea; Alaba almost always to Juve, Muller often to Chelsea. Like one of the top 3 teams in the world would suddenly start selling off all their players.

• WordierMonk
    73 posts Park Captain
    I've not seen Muller to Chelsea. He always goes tho, but normally to one of the 2 Manchester clubs