Fekir Ben Yedder
Quintero
Grenier Gonalons Moutinho
Trem Umtiti Mbiwa Aurier
Ruffier

Comments

• Vivvid
    568 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you want to play possession go with 4231(2)
    Custom tactics
    FF

FF

Cover

Fullbacks on balanced and conservative int
    CBs on aggressive and stay back
    CDMs on stay back aggressive int
    Wingers on cut inside stay forward get in behind
    ST on get in behind and stay central

You need your cdms to be good at passing and one to be good at shooting for example Busquets and Witsel
    ST strong that can pass and has good poaitioning. Costa for example

Using this atm
    Costa
    Pedro-Iniesta-Hulk
    Busquets-Witsel
    Azpilicueta-Jones-Terry-Smolnikov
    Begovuc

Yet to find a balance on defensive custom tactics when on counter, but I'm looking for it will update.
  • unklej
    1136 posts Professional
    dude I asked for 41212-2 ...
  • PSoul
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you play a possession based game, I'd go;
    Fekir, Target Man (so he gives you an option to pass to a pick the ball up, pass back to mids etc),
    Yedder, Standard, drift wide.
    Quintero stay forward
    Grenier standard
    Gonalons sit back, normal interceptions (Aggressive will make him try to win the ball from their defence almost lol)
    Moutinho get forward, because Ben Yedder will drift wide, Moutinho could run into gaps and he has a brilliant long shot.

Defence to always stay back... You can over ride this if need be by manually telling them to run.

I'd personally drop Quintero, move Fekir into CAM, because he's kind of strong and then buy Braithwaite, who in my opinion, along with Amrabat are the best 2 cheap strikers around.
  • unklej
    1136 posts Professional
    edited October 2015
    PSoul wrote: »
    If you play a possession based game, I'd go;
    Fekir, Target Man (so he gives you an option to pass to a pick the ball up, pass back to mids etc),
    Yedder, Standard, drift wide.
    Quintero stay forward
    Grenier standard
    Gonalons sit back, normal interceptions (Aggressive will make him try to win the ball from their defence almost lol)
    Moutinho get forward, because Ben Yedder will drift wide, Moutinho could run into gaps and he has a brilliant long shot.

Defence to always stay back... You can over ride this if need be by manually telling them to run.

I'd personally drop Quintero, move Fekir into CAM, because he's kind of strong and then buy Braithwaite, who in my opinion, along with Amrabat are the best 2 cheap strikers around.

Thanks for the post. I kinda play more counter attacking with quick 1-2's around my opponents box. I do like the idea of moving Fekir into CAM, he is super strong with great dribbling. I am gonna get The Weeknd and try him right up front rightnow, he looks great.
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    Strikers - Get in behind, stay central
    CAM - Stay forward, free roam
    CDM - Stay back
    LB/RB - Stay back

That's all I do and works well
  • unklej
    1136 posts Professional
    CDM - Stay back
    LB/RB - Stay back

Thanks, will try!

• HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    unklej wrote: »
    CDM - Stay back
    LB/RB - Stay back

Thanks, will try!

I use that, but ST stay central only and no free roam on CAM.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    CDM - Stay back
    LB/RB - Stay back

Thanks, will try!

both strikers stay central n get in behind? @HekTic_JukeZ
  • Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    I have both strikers on stay central and get in behind. But both drift wide all the time.

Checked instructions, set perfect
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    CDM - Stay back
    LB/RB - Stay back

Thanks, will try!

Jukez has a revised guide up for 41212(2), works nicely.

• Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks doesn't answer my question
  • ginntonicnyc
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hody wrote: »
    I have both strikers on stay central and get in behind. But both drift wide all the time.

Yea, "central" is relative and instructions don't always work... also check out the @HekTic_JukeZ video above... instructions work best when you're also using the custom tactics...
  • Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    I think they said about the AI in 17 that players in fifa 16 would not run in space where are already defenders. So I think on get in behind they will drift wide of the middle is occupied. Even if set to stay central
  • randomhero1090

instructions work best when you're also using the custom tactics...

@Hody

This.

If you haven't, read this guide...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3u85gs/a_indepth_guide_to_custom_tactics/

For me, chance creation - positioning does the most in terms of influencing if the STs drift outside. When on free form, players will move into pace. On organized, players seems to hold the natural position lines better. You can influence this more by tweaking the chance creation - passing tactic. The higher, the more aggressive the runs.

So if you want your STs to stay central and make straight up the field runs (springing thruballs to goal), then try "organized" in both positioning areas with 60+ on chance creation - passing.

• Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2016
    Thanks

@Hody

This.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3u85gs/a_indepth_guide_to_custom_tactics/

For me, chance creation - positioning does the most in terms of influencing if the STs drift outside. When on free form, players will move into pace. On organized, players seems to hold the natural position lines better. You can influence this more by tweaking the chance creation - passing tactic. The higher, the more aggressive the runs.

So if you want your STs to stay central and make straight up the field runs (springing thruballs to goal), then try "organized" in both positioning areas with 60+ on chance creation - passing.

Thanks. I have chance creation usually on 67-70 but passing only on 10-15 and organized. I play 5-2-1-2 and I want both strikers to get in between the central backs ofthe oppenent.
    Strangely the first two seasons it seemed to worked fine, but now all of a sudden the drift wide all the time...
  • randomhero1090
    Thanks

@Hody

This.

Thanks. I have chance creation usually on 67-70 but passing only on 10-15 and organized. I play 5-2-1-2 and I want both strikers to get in between the central backs ofthe oppenent.
    Strangely the first two seasons it seemed to worked fine, but now all of a sudden the drift wide all the time...

EA tweaks things on the server side, which will impact how custom tactics perform.

The 10-15 might not provide enough "distance" to allow the STs to run straight up the field. Just a thought.

You can goof with it offline against a decent team on Professional just to see how the movement works. Allows you to play slow without the pressure and SEE the runs. You can keep making tweaks in game until you get the runs you want.
  • Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks, it's already but better with more risky passing, will change passings settings slightly too