top rated squads pointless?

macca85
15 posts Ball Boy
is there any point in spending coins on big players they seem to perform shocking yet players under 5k seem to be op, i had an 83 rated bbva side full of high rated stars and it was terrible yet when i replaced them with cheap players that you cant give away my team plays great.

i know im in for a game when i see teams from the likes of mls, turkey,russian league etc yet if i see a galactico side its usually a bad player, i really like my low rated squad but a part of me wants to build a top rated team which surely is the point of a mode titled ultimate team

Comments

• Mikael
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2015
    a part of me wants to build a top rated team which surely is the point of a mode titled ultimate team

False
  • macca85
    15 posts Ball Boy
    why
  • RageRambler
    1093 posts Professional
    The past few fifa's were bad regarding this "handicap" issue. The high rated players cost so much, yet they play poorly for at least half the game, whereas cheap players play very well. My budget team played so much better than my OP team... Ways around this was to fill your subs with non rare bronze players to decrease your rating.. It seems the handicap issue is still in the game,, unfortunately...
  • macca85
    15 posts Ball Boy
    yeh thats what im saying mate, my teams worth about 40k and i would like to buy the likes of benzema and modric etc but there really is no point when i can just go and get players for under 5k that will do a better job
  • Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    Same thing every year I have the best possible bunda Ligue team and another hybrid team with legends and other top players both rated 87 and my cheap non rare Brazil team totaly outplays them in every way
    The handicap is shocking and has been for years higher rated players should perform better not saying that u should be able to bulldoze every team u come up against just because u have a good team but most times u are the one getting bulldozed by cheap non rare teams as your players won't even make runs or can't pass the ball 5 yards
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you are bad at Fifa you might aswell just play with cheap players indeed
  • macca85
    15 posts Ball Boy
    probably best of building different squads rather than trying to constantly upgrade players
  • RedDevil123
    440 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not sure if it's true, but after selling Modric, Rakitic, Godin, Laporte and Jackson Martinez, and replacing them with Players rated around 80, I started playing better.
  • huntskij
    528 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm playing with a full team of donkey ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at the mo. They can't pass, shoot or tackle and running fast is just out of the question.

You guessed it... Full bpl team featuring

Hart

Walker/Bellerin-Kompany/Smalling-Otamendi/Koscielny-Azpil/Clichy

Walcot/Navas-Yaya/Matic-KDB/Ramires/Santi/Silva-Depay/Sterling

Aguero/Remy-Rooney/Lukaku

My starter team got me to div 5 this team has got me relegated to div 7 lol
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    A good point about the prices vs performance.

Kroos plays the exact same for me as Parejo yet is 10x the cost.

Griezmann feels like a better player than Suarez but is 10x cheaper.

Konyoplanka feels no different to Ronaldo.

I could go on.

The market prices are they way they are based on older fifas but it shouldn't be the case.

If everyone thought Ronaldo was ineffective this year no one would start putting him up for 50k - even though that's how much he is probably worth vs other players.

• KesAO
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Makes me want to quit the game if that is so. And yeah, I felt it too.

But I don't get it. Why would EA do that? They want people to buy packs, so why make the good players worse secretly? Makes no sense.
  • BerserkCo
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    But have u considered you try a bit harder with the non rares?.
  • KesAO
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BerserkCo wrote: »
    But have u considered you try a bit harder with the non rares?.

Absolutely not the reason.
  • PhrygianDom
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Same discussion year after year after year. And yet we buy the gale year after year after year. The formula is effective so why would yhey change it?