Auto-Defending (with proof)

Comments

• D0N L0GAN
    80 posts Park Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I am going to be the bigger man and let your comments go. Have a nice day.

You've left a trail of childish comments down through this thread "big man" so the time for trying to save face has sadly passed. You'll be missed.
  • TheMightyBee
    3879 posts National Call-Up
    The CPU should never ever tackle for you, contain from a small distance but not tackle. The other day the CPU actually scored a rebound for me, couldn't believe it.

It's not about how hard the game is etc but people should learn to time tackles and defend for themselves.

Should an AI-controlled CB with 99 Marking and 99 Aggression never attempt a tackle? If an opponent dribbles into him, he'll just stand there and let him go?

Should an AI-controlled CB with 99 Interceptions never intercept a pass? Should he stand there and let every pass go by him?

You can only control 1 of 11 players. The other 10 players should have reasonable intelligence in doing their jobs. If you don't like AI-controlled defenders, you can always just play Pro Clubs.

100% it shouldn't, you are controlling the players and playing the game. Switching players and timing tackles is not hard, I have never ever relied on team mate contain and auto tackle and have always had a good record. I can actually defend better than the CPU so it would be pointless relying on it to defend for me. The whole controlling 1 out of 11 players is a crazy defence of it, if you learn how to defend and switch in time it's simple. Don't rush in and stay goal side.

If I don't control a striker should he run onto a ball and smash in a goal? no obviously not.

The CPU should be sensible with positioning and if it's closer to a ball react to it, moving to intercept is fine but actually tackling, come on.

The problem we have here is lazy defenders who rely on holding team mate contain while running back with a quick striker and constantly spamming shirt pull, this is a broken way to defend and so far attached from real football. If you're bad you need to learn how to get better, I thought that was the whole point of games.
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    ibtl00183f.jpg
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    I really don't see any issue here. The attacker was given free shots in and outside the box and instead of taking them he decided to dribble into a 5 men defence. This type of Auto defending would never work against a good player. I doubt it would work against me, and i'm terrible
  • Oktagon
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    I really don't see any issue here. The attacker was given free shots in and outside the box and instead of taking them he decided to dribble into a 5 men defence. This type of Auto defending would never work against a good player. I doubt it would work against me, and i'm terrible

Same for me. All I see is people not understanding offense and defense. Calling it "auto-defense" is silly. FIFA is more tactical than ever before. You can't just run at the defense and expect the sea to part for you. The AI without the opponent playing is easily beaten. And if we're talking about contain, there is more to defense than staying between your opponent and the goal. You need to be at the right place at the right time.
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rumplefish wrote: »

The players online hold team mate contain while doing this trick. Meaning the AI is defending and pressing.

• oooo TODD oooo
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA has never been and never will be a competitive game
  • SteveG
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero

• GodLevel
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ain't nothing new, in most cases when attacking you are playing against Legendary difficulty AI defense.
  • P
    7797 posts League Winner

• It's a game!

But tell me, haters: In real life, if a attacker try to pass "inside" a defender, what the defender will do? Avoid him? Runaway? No! He will do the tackle!

C'mon! Almost everyone just want to stick the finger in the running button e do "ticks" in right analog with Tevez, Lacazette, Ibarbo, etc. to pass through defenders and score gols.

Just one thing left to EA solve: The ridiculous como tricks. Any player in the world can make so manny dribbles and pass the defenders with a mix of dribbles like combos from Street Fighter.
  • FifaVet
    67 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A question. Since when was fifa competitive with all the random bs ?
  • TheMightyBee
    3879 posts National Call-Up
    WalterSN wrote: »
    It's a game!

But tell me, haters: In real life, if a attacker try to pass "inside" a defender, what the defender will do? Avoid him? Runaway? No! He will do the tackle!

I think the point people are trying to make is you should be controlling the defending player the attacker is taking on, not the CPU. I don't understand why people think it's so hard to do.
  • i see sooo many superhuman interpceptions per game....... any 75 rated defender interpcepts like superman...... my 90 pace strikers are catched for 70 pace cb, having 5 metres of advantage.....
    passing is atrocious, and dribbling almost usseles.....

WORST FIFA EVER.... UNPLAYABLE..... :s
    Looks like you are a great FIFA player if you play with 90 pace strikers

i have tevez and dybala, 88 and 87 pace..... catched by 70 pace defenders or 50 pace defenders, having 5 metres of advantage....

so, my strikers run almost double than the defender, both running head to head, and are catchec easlily???

what pace stat means??? this happens in real life??? why should i use 20 pace strikers???

• i see sooo many superhuman interpceptions per game....... any 75 rated defender interpcepts like superman...... my 90 pace strikers are catched for 70 pace cb, having 5 metres of advantage.....

i have tevez and dybala, 88 and 87 pace..... catched by 70 pace defenders or 50 pace defenders, having 5 metres of advantage....

so, my strikers run almost double than the defender, both running head to head, and are catchec easlily???

what pace stat means??? this happens in real life??? why should i use 20 pace strikers???

Let try run with the ball and run without the ball...
  • WalterSN wrote: »
    i see sooo many superhuman interpceptions per game....... any 75 rated defender interpcepts like superman...... my 90 pace strikers are catched for 70 pace cb, having 5 metres of advantage.....

but i mean..... in rel life, when dybala and tevez has 5 metres of advantage, with the ball, against a 50 pace defender, they are catched every time.....

its the kind of realism that is great in this forum???..... :'(

or maybe the superhuman interceptions, never seen in an human player, are this kind of realism???

or maybe the 80% of demencial faults in middelfield, that are CLEAR RED CARDS, and referee even takes fault, is the realism im looking for???

soooo much realism in this game..... and i cant find it anywhere...... :D

• fighter__noir
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You can easily see it when you put your controller down.
  • Hugo_TT
    913 posts Professional
    OP are you playing on what console?
  • Hugo_TT wrote: »
    OP are you playing on what console?

it's on PS4
  • MemphisDepay
    6020 posts Big Money Move
    That guy was just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at attacking?

Proofs nothing
  • corsik
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    WalterSN wrote: »
    i see sooo many superhuman interpceptions per game....... any 75 rated defender interpcepts like superman...... my 90 pace strikers are catched for 70 pace cb, having 5 metres of advantage.....

but i mean..... in rel life, when dybala and tevez has 5 metres of advantage, with the ball, against a 50 pace defender, they are catched every time.....

its the kind of realism that is great in this forum???..... :'(

or maybe the superhuman interceptions, never seen in an human player, are this kind of realism???

or maybe the 80% of demencial faults in middelfield, that are CLEAR RED CARDS, and referee even takes fault, is the realism im looking for???

soooo much realism in this game..... and i cant find it anywhere...... :D

If they have 5 meter adventage its offside
  • Fumbler
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    What level of defense is that? Balanced, Defensive, Ultra Defensive, Park the Bus? I never ever have that many AI defenders in my own box defending. I'm lucky if I ever have more than 3.
  • Hornpub
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    That guy was just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at attacking?

Proofs nothing

It proves everything and the attacker has nothing to do with the problem. Auto defending elevates the player's ability to defend to an obcene level. This is the reason why average casual players suddenly got "good" in defence and hence praise the game because they no longer get smashed by 5 goals as they should.
  • Fumbler wrote: »
    What level of defense is that? Balanced, Defensive, Ultra Defensive, Park the Bus? I never ever have that many AI defenders in my own box defending. I'm lucky if I ever have more than 3.

its on ultra defensive, formation is 5-3-2 (highly recommended), in the last 2 clips you can see that its a wall against the opponent (who is also a well known member of this forums)

I don't say that you can make it in division 1 but the impact is completely ridiculous

The funniest part was when the AI even auto-headed the ball after the corner :D
  • Mourinho
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    most of my matches are like this: 68% of possession, 90% of pass accuracy then draw or lost by 1 stupid goal of counter attack, this year skill DON'T EXIST IN DEFENSE, my opponent just park the bus and have a poor pass accuracy like 50-60% and poor possession under 40%, EA WANTS REWARD CASUALS even this year they introduced the trainer button, i can see a trainer button in battlefield too with AUTO AIM, if you can see battlefield 4 have battlepacks like UT this means that they are using ideas from other games, they are exporting this garbage of reward casuals to all EA games and fifa is the perfect lab to experiment this garbage.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    I don't mind that AI defenders are actively getting in good positions to defend.

But to me, the accuractly of AI auto-tackles should be very low. They need to have a high fail rate.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    You can easily see it when you put your controller down.

This and the difference from game to game can be massive. In some games where my opponent put the pad down I could just walk past the defence and score for fun, other times the defenders were tracking every run, auto tackling even slide tackles, shirt pulling and heading out crosses all without him doing anything as he had a striker selected, one time the game even nearly scored for someone, a clearance flew down the pitch at lightning speed and hit my cross bar.

This was in 15 but I can't see 16 being any different except maybe worse in this regard.

• Faizy
    54 posts Park Captain
    Let´s be honest: his opponents were noobs. I actually like when people auto defend against me, it opens so much room for longshots and skillmoves...and btw. a game like FIFA, which has so many randomness in it due to the KI was and never will be a competitive game like CS:GO or LoL. Not even close.
  • Kaede
    4907 posts National Call-Up
    The attackers in these clips are absolutely horrendous. They insist on dribbling past people and don't learn from their own mistakes.

A few times they actually created the right angles and amount of space to get a good shot off, then just chopped the ball back in to the defenders. Did anyone see how much space was opened up by cutting in from the wings? That Taarabt clip is something I've been talking about all year: when you cut in and beat the FB, you have acres of grass. The attacker was just really stupid and chopped it back in to the CB with the fake shot, instead of continuing to run inwards for a far post finish or for a pass across to the striker.
  • SOETIE-
    49 posts Park Captain
    The CPU should never ever tackle for you, contain from a small distance but not tackle. The other day the CPU actually scored a rebound for me, couldn't believe it.

It's not about how hard the game is etc but people should learn to time tackles and defend for themselves.

Should an AI-controlled CB with 99 Marking and 99 Aggression never attempt a tackle? If an opponent dribbles into him, he'll just stand there and let him go?

Should an AI-controlled CB with 99 Interceptions never intercept a pass? Should he stand there and let every pass go by him?

You can only control 1 of 11 players. The other 10 players should have reasonable intelligence in doing their jobs. If you don't like AI-controlled defenders, you can always just play Pro Clubs.

By that logic my 90+ vision iniesta should give automated killer troughballs, my 90+ finishing ronaldo should score automated goals and my 84 crossing bale should give automated crosses, ridiculous.