How do I qualify for Team Canada?

SaskaJared
102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited October 2015
I played career mode a for a couple seasons in FIFA 15 and never got called for international duty, likely because team Canada was rated too low for any games. This year, they are in the game, I know this. I have only got about half way through a year in FIFA 16 and some players left for international duty. Canada played two games but they didn't call me up I guess. My player is rated 78 and you would think that would be plenty to qualify. Should I keep going until my player is highly rated and has a lot of experience? I'm just wondering if I'm ever going to play for team Canada.

Sorry if its a silly question, I wouldn't even be here if FUT was working.

Thanks in advance for any replies or tips!

Comments

• FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    SaskaJared wrote: »
    I played career mode a for a couple seasons in FIFA 15 and never got called for international duty, likely because team Canada was rated too low for any games. This year, they are in the game, I know this. I have only got about half way through a year in FIFA 16 and some players left for international duty. Canada played two games but they didn't call me up I guess. My player is rated 78 and you would think that would be plenty to qualify. Should I keep going until my player is highly rated and has a lot of experience? I'm just wondering if I'm ever going to play for team Canada.

You will get picked, you just need to keep playing and keep playing well. What age is your player?

• SaskaJared
    FIFA_DADDY wrote: »

You will get picked, you just need to keep playing and keep playing well. What age is your player?

• CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    Check what default formation Canada use and whether your position fits that. International managers on FIFA tend to rigidly stick to players that fit their formation regardless of talent. One of the reasons I gave up player career in 15.
  • SaskaJared
    Canada's default is 4-5-1 no CAM's. So let me guess, you can't change position? My player is a CAM.
  • Btown4014
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Not unless you change the team formation and start a new career I think with Canada having a cam
  • CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    Canada's default is 4-5-1 no CAM's. So let me guess, you can't change position? My player is a CAM.

Correct! And for some reason the managers don't think you can adapt position even slightly. Had the same in 15, my player was a RM but England played with RCMs or RWs at the time so no dice. Never got called up even to point I was about 90 rated so way better than anyone of similar position in the country. Lazy EA.

• My CAM Pro is 91 rated and I never get picked for test-games, I only get called when its a tournament or qualification. Everyone else in the team is 75-80, so its kinda weird that they just don't pick me for those games. Even if it does sound arrogant but this is like Sweden not picking Ibra or Portugal not letting Ronaldo play.
  • Sk Rapid Wien 1899
    edited October 2015
    ... what I also have noticed is ...

- IF YOU FULLFILL the demands of the trainer of your team (not Nationalteam) WHICH IS MOST OF THE TIME IMPOSSIBLE :-) you will be also called to the NATIONAL Team earlier and promoted to team captain and national team captain ... not that I have been able to do that.

- and of course HIGH RATING helps also ... average of > 9 . once again impossible

- next criteria is STAMINA, when they call for the national team, you have to be over 70 at that moment ...

I only missed the first 6 months, when my BeAPro was only 64 - 70 , but the Austrian Team has many players around 75-80, now with my 89 I am always called ... regardless of rating, stamina and fullfilled goals ...
    and as already someone mentioned - position , Austria plays with a Formation, where I fit to 100%