Lagfest vs. ½ hr wait...

ginntonicnyc
387 posts Sunday League Hero
What is up w/ matchmaking? If I use "local" settings takes what feels like infinity to find a match. Take it off local and it's like playing in mud... Known issue? Any possible fix?

Comments

• The Devil
    49 posts Park Captain
    I don't even think EA are willing to acknowledge this in any significant manner.
  • ginntonicnyc
    Really? This HAS to be server side... Needs to be fixed or it's going to be a painful year
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner
    Really? This HAS to be server side... Needs to be fixed or it's going to be a painful year

Server for sure.

I am currently in Korea and was playing on xbox. Since there is barely any xbone users in this region, match making at d1 takes like an hour or more. Sunday morning, it took me 3 hours to play two games so I asked people who was on xbone for FIFA 15 and they never had this problem.

I switched to PS and things got whole lot bette though.

May I ask what region you are from?
  • fab1owz
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park

Server for sure.

I am currently in Korea and was playing on xbox. Since there is barely any xbone users in this region, match making at d1 takes like an hour or more. Sunday morning, it took me 3 hours to play two games so I asked people who was on xbone for FIFA 15 and they never had this problem.

I switched to PS and things got whole lot bette though.

May I ask what region you are from?

I'm from Brazil, and I can't find a single game on div 3 :/
    I was only able to play one game sunday, aand it was the first round of fut draft
  • ginntonicnyc
    I'm in the states, ps4... Literally ½ hr to find a match unless I switch to "non-local" where it seems my teams seriously forget how to move... and I'm only D7 @ this point... Can only imagine it will get worse unless they patch
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    At this hour on Sunday in the States it has always been difficult to get a match, with any fifa. If you're talking about right now, then it's the time/day that could very easily be the issue. Probably the least amount of people online of any day/time of the week. If it's other times/days, then yeah its probably server.
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner
    FC Intl wrote: »
    At this hour on Sunday in the States it has always been difficult to get a match, with any fifa. If you're talking about right now, then it's the time/day that could very easily be the issue. Probably the least amount of people online of any day/time of the week. If it's other times/days, then yeah its probably server.

Never happend last year. I always played at night in states last year yet I have never had this problem. Match making must have changed.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2015

Never happend last year. I always played at night in states last year yet I have never had this problem. Match making must have changed.

Really? I'm surprised, I've always struggled to get matches on Sunday late at night, all through 15 and still now, which sucks because that's when I have the most time to chill out. From what others say there also must be something up with matchmaking. But I have no problems at the peak hours, just late at night. I think there must be serious issues with it, as people have completely different experiences/issues, at different times.
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner

Really? I'm surprised, I've always struggled to get matches on Sunday late at night, all through 15 and still now, which sucks because that's when I have the most time to chill out. From what others say there also must be something up with matchmaking. But I have no problems at the peak hours, just late at night. I think there must be serious issues with it, as people have completely different experiences/issues, at different times.

Weird because I literally never had problem with match making any time of the day when I back at cali...
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    If you buy an after market router you can force fifa to only match you with low ping connections within a certian mile radius since I've done this hardly any lag find matches unless its 3 4 am.
  • Gunther
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    Italy and getting matched against Turkey and Brazil with 1/2 latency bar, it takes 30 min to get a 3 bar and when it happens the game lags. Hows that even fair if game lags surely it can't be 3 bar green
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015
    What is up w/ matchmaking? If I use "local" settings takes what feels like infinity to find a match. Take it off local and it's like playing in mud... Known issue? Any possible fix?

1> 90% of players are in FUT.
    2> A lot of people sold the game because it was too slow.

You can't find anyone local because there is no one there.
    Gunther wrote: »
    Italy and getting matched against Turkey and Brazil with 1/2 latency bar, it takes 30 min to get a 3 bar and when it happens the game lags. Hows that even fair if game lags surely it can't be 3 bar green

Anyone on WIFI will show green 3 bar and can drop to 1 bar any time during the game. Wifi should be banned for online games.

WIFI is the main cause of lag. WIFI really isn't meant for gaming but 90% of the players online use WIFI.

• ginntonicnyc

Never had a problem w/ '13, '14, '15 @ any time of day. Regardless, this happens all day long