Best FIFA game (superb)

Amicus83
555 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited October 2015
I've been playing FIFA games for years & found that once you find little exploits it becomes easy to win. This is the first game which doesn't reward cheap tricksters, instead values patience, tenacity & clever use of tactics. Passing is better too, you cant just smack it around (assisted) & expect the same outcome. Great job EA

Comments

• RonSwanson
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    You're wrong. It does reward cheap tricksters. You see absolute noobs in cup finals, guys with ~60% passing accuracy that park the bus all game long (except two minutes of all out attack when they're about to lose 3 points, during the last 2 minutes), spam Y straight forward without aiming and just mash A in defense. If this ever gets fixed, it will be perfect.
  • Amicus83
    edited October 2015
    I respect your point of view, it does somewhat feel "mucked up" at the moment but it seems FIFA is in a time of transition & credit must be given where it's due despite some apparent set-backs (apparently)
    It's bound to come back stronger. Consider FIFA 12 a great footy sim & even now PES 16 feels like playing FIFA 12. Give it time, play offline, tinker with the settings. It's a dynamic game which is an experiment each season. A machine can only ever emulate reality.
    Post edited by Amicus83 on
  • Amicus83
    Online needs work & I'm sure EA will take feedback seriously but the game plays differently offline. i bet half of the people on here wouldn't be complaining as much if they won 4 from 5 games.
  • Hornpub
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You are so deluded it hurts my brain. First of all, FIFA has never ever ever ever been a football sim and i don't care what marketing punch-lines are written on the back of the cover. Second of all, how are the exploits that, and i quote: "I've been playing FIFA games for years & found that once you find little exploits it becomes easy to win"; any good for the game? The fact that one has to rely on work-arounds and loopholes to have a playable game is ridiculous. Not to mention how this causes a vicious circle where everybody starts to abuse the glitches and what not and the online experience becomes insufferable.

"Play offline then" - well whoop dee doo. I've played my fair share of offline games like zelda/supermario/tetris/fifa96-03 you name it, but in 2015 with the access to online modes the offline part does feel a little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ antiquated, don't you think? Many people, if not the majority, buy a game for the online capability, i know i know...shocking!

Great job EA, indeed. The game suits you very well now my friend. Now you can casually park the bus and let the AI auto-defend for you, which before got you beat by 0-5, and the roll of the dice deciding if the pass will reach the recipient or will be auto intercepted is cool too, since now you can actually get some time on the ball even against players who used to have 70% possession.
  • Amicus83
    edited October 2015
    your brain hurts because this game is going over your head.
    Post edited by Amicus83 on
  • DunB
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Amicus83 wrote: »
    I've been playing FIFA games for years & found that once you find little exploits it becomes easy to win. This is the first game which doesn't reward cheap tricksters, instead values patience, tenacity & clever use of tactics. Passing is better too, you cant just smack it around (assisted) & expect the same outcome. Great job EA
    Once you find little exploits it becomes easy to win? So you mean it DOES reward cheap tricksters?
    Besides of that: the ridiculous pressuring is worse than ever, referees are a total laugh with stupid penalties given randomly and opponents can (worse than last year) still break your legs and smash your players all over the field without even a fault committed.
    Although you may call the '2015 passing 'ping-pong', you did have a way out of the stupid pressuring. Now, you don't. So fix the pressuring, let stamina be an issue and ffs how difficult it must be to have the referees do a better job?
  • Amicus83
    I don't know, it feels somehow better. Although REal Madrid at their home ground every game does get lame. The morale bias (coding) etc. is too strong there.
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Amicus83 wrote: »

They do it on every game its just the NHL players tell the truth

"NHL player" Playing NHL 16(ETC)) is not playing real hockey its a video game and never will be like hockey this is why people exploit and use glitch goals. IF you want real hockey go outside and play real hockey.

^ same for FIFA.

Best way to play the way you want. Single player custom sliders goodbye abusers.

• Adoptedscouse
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RonSwanson wrote: »
    You're wrong. It does reward cheap tricksters. You see absolute noobs in cup finals, guys with ~60% passing accuracy that park the bus all game long (except two minutes of all out attack when they're about to lose 3 points, during the last 2 minutes), spam Y straight forward without aiming and just mash A in defense. If this ever gets fixed, it will be perfect.

Jose Mourinho is that you, didn't realise you played Fifa ;)
  • RonSwanson

I'm more of a Guardiola player. Anyway, I'd rather be Mourinho than Brendan Rogers :smiley:
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero

I'm more of a Guardiola player. Anyway, I'd rather be Mourinho than Brendan Rogers :smiley:

BOTH fired by end of the year. One gone one left. :smiley:

• RonSwanson
    FIFA_DADDY wrote: »

BOTH fired by end of the year. One gone one left. :smiley:

Mourinho will make much more money out of his failure.
  • Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Agreed. The game is getting better and better the more I play it. Few bugs to be ironed out but if this is the route EA are going down in terms of gameplay I'm quite excited for the future.
  • bravia26s
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    I PLAYED FOOTBALL .. I WATCH FOOTBALL ..
    I BREATH FOOTBALL .. TBH FOOTBALL IS IN MY BLOOD.. SO I KNOW WHAT IS FOOTBALL .. THIS SERIES I HAVE TO SAY THE BEST SO FAR .. ITS NOT PERFECT YET BUT IT IS GOING THE RIGHT DIRECTION .. GOOD JOB EA SPORTS
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    Turn the volume down...
  • Adoptedscouse
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special

To be fair I wouldn't fancy dole queue in Liverpool either ;)
  • Amicus83
    Eddie wrote: »
    Agreed. The game is getting better and better the more I play it. Few bugs to be ironed out but if this is the route EA are going down in terms of gameplay I'm quite excited for the future.

I agree, online mode can sometimes be a bit of an issue but that can also largely be attributed to having a slow to average connection. I've been playing a bit of career & quite enjoying it.

• Amicus83
    Hornpub wrote: »
    You are so deluded it hurts my brain. First of all, FIFA has never ever ever ever been a football sim and i don't care what marketing punch-lines are written on the back of the cover. Second of all, how are the exploits that, and i quote: "I've been playing FIFA games for years & found that once you find little exploits it becomes easy to win"; any good for the game? The fact that one has to rely on work-arounds and loopholes to have a playable game is ridiculous. Not to mention how this causes a vicious circle where everybody starts to abuse the glitches and what not and the online experience becomes insufferable.

"Play offline then" - well whoop dee doo. I've played my fair share of offline games like zelda/supermario/tetris/fifa96-03 you name it, but in 2015 with the access to online modes the offline part does feel a little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ antiquated, don't you think? Many people, if not the majority, buy a game for the online capability, i know i know...shocking!

Great job EA, indeed. The game suits you very well now my friend. Now you can casually park the bus and let the AI auto-defend for you, which before got you beat by 0-5, and the roll of the dice deciding if the pass will reach the recipient or will be auto intercepted is cool too, since now you can actually get some time on the ball even against players who used to have 70% possession.

This is poisoning my appreciation for FIFA. I find your lack of optimism for the game disturbing.

• sonofocelot
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This game would be good except for manual players like me, manual settings just aren't manual this year, and that's totally, totally ruining it for me. If the passing was as it was a few years ago, this would be the best in the series by a long way.
    But with manual settings the way they are, it's definitely the worst in the series.
  • DiBinni72
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Offline and with manuell settings, its right
  • Amicus83
    FIFA 17 is back with a real punch. I've only played a few matches so far & it already feels like a really fluid game, having seemlingy ironed out much of the little flaws that popped up in 15 & 16. It's also refreshing to see some new controls being added in, including the corner kick mechanic which offers more flexibility and channces being created. I get a sense that game more or less went through an overhaul and many of the existing mechanics have been fine tuned to a really polished level, making this one of the finest Fifa games I have played.

Journey mode looks cool too. Looking forward to playing a bit of that after work. All in all very pleased with 17. Great work.