Fifa 16 Has Stopped Working

Cmozy
5 posts Ball Boy
Today during 5 of 5 games i had '' Fifa 16 Has stopped Working'' error my pc tempartures are just fine, so cant be an overheating issue. My pc i5- 2500k cpu, gtx 970, 8 gb corsair ram and windows 10 64 bit and i have updated all my drivers. I am so regretful that i purchased fifa 16 this year for pc instead of ps4. Is there anyone else having this error? i cant even finish one game in ultimate team..

Comments

• Daddy
    5748 posts Big Money Move
    Your specs are good enough to run at Max, maybe try somebody good with computers to look at it, nobody else is facing this issue.
  • Cmozy
    5 posts Ball Boy
    impossible to play and i' m so dissapointed about this. There must be a way to fix this without breaking my pc after eveytime i see '' fifa has stopped working''..
  • Orison
    55390 posts National Treasure
    Restart the computer, restart origin, run origin as Administrator, run fifa as Administrator, reinstall origin, reinstall fifa, reinstall windows

Did you try all that?
  • Cmozy
    5 posts Ball Boy
    yea all of them except reinstall windows..
  • Same except I reinstalled windows 10 and I have gtx 980 ti
  • are you getting the kernel error?
  • ymo123
    2 posts Ball Boy
    @Cmozy, I am having thesame problem. My PC has a core i7 processor and 12GB of RAM, the game always played on my system until last night when it just stopped working.
  • ymo123
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Cmozy wrote: »
    Today during 5 of 5 games i had '' Fifa 16 Has stopped Working'' error my pc tempartures are just fine, so cant be an overheating issue. My pc i5- 2500k cpu, gtx 970, 8 gb corsair ram and windows 10 64 bit and i have updated all my drivers. I am so regretful that i purchased fifa 16 this year for pc instead of ps4. Is there anyone else having this error? i cant even finish one game in ultimate team..

I am having thesame problem, it starts loading then the error message 'FIFA 16 has stopped working'
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something
    yea all of them except reinstall windows..

Resetting Windows back to the point it worked without problems works in 99% of the cases
  • Cmozy
    5 posts Ball Boy
    i am sorry but there was mo such time that game working fine so cant reset windows. tried everything, i'm about to quit this game for good..
  • markfoged
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have you tried uninstalling your video game driver (completely), and reinstalling it?
  • Orison
    55390 posts National Treasure
    i am sorry but there was mo such time that game working fine so cant reset windows. tried everything, i'm about to quit this game for good..
    I thought it worked before today?
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015
    I have this same problem with the Demo. Generally it's all fine but then it suddenly crashes. Glad I haven't bought FIFA 16 yet! I learnt my lessons from past experience never to pre-order the game without being 100% aware that the game does not have its share of problems!

Maybe try running the game with Origin in Game disabled and Online Status to Invisible and see if the game still crashes...
  • Cmozy wrote: »

I'm trying to help you, did you get the kernel mode error when the game stopped responding?
  • silencer747
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any chance you have fraps or rivatuner ? try turning those off
  • Cmozy
    5 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2015

İ wanna thank all to you guys for your efforts and helps. i dont have those programs running while game is active.
    Orison wrote: »
    There have always been this error since day 1 but error ratio was 2 of 10 games so i didnt care too much but it is unplayable right now.

I'm trying to help you, did you get the kernel mode error when the game stopped responding?

how can i get kernel error when it crashes?
  • Cmozy wrote: »

İ wanna thank all to you guys for your efforts and helps. i dont have those programs running while game is active.
    Orison wrote: »
    There have always been this error since day 1 but error ratio was 2 of 10 games so i didnt care too much but it is unplayable right now.

how can i get kernel error when it crashes?

When the game "stops working", you get that box in the middle of the screen that says "game has stopped working." With that, do you also get a pop up in the down right corner?
  • i have the same error. last night everything worked perfectly. now the game crashes right before the language selection screen.

i have uninstalled the game and im reinstalling now. hoping it works.
  • nope. still the same problem
  • it crashed right before the language selection screen. "fifa 16 has stopped working"

nothing on my computer has changed since yesterday. i dont get it
  • same here , game crash before the lenguage selection and get "fifa 16 has stopped working" , any solution ?
  • Just try to delete "buttonDataSetup.ini" in Documents\Fifa 16. My friend has this problem and I found this method is works.
  • I had the same problem, it was my Nvida card drivers, i uninstall the newest, and reinstall the older version... Problem solved.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    Espilbergo wrote: »
    I had the same problem, it was my Nvida card drivers, i uninstall the newest, and reinstall the older version... Problem solved.
    Which old version did you install? I am curious as I want to experiment to see for myself.
    I used 2 of the latest drivers that caused random crashes for the demo, (although very rare ones). However, 344.48 is a driver that I used which was causing stuttering but never witnessed a crash.
  • Just try to delete "buttonDataSetup.ini" in Documents\Fifa 16. My friend has this problem and I found this method is works.

Wow i think i love u LOL , THIS WORK !!! . i delete "buttonDataSetup.ini" after hit the play option , keep the fifa 16 folder open for see if a new "buttonDatasetup.ini" is created , if when u touch play a new text file is created whit that name delete it again , and then touch play again .

sorry my english is really bad

thanks again man
  • Espilbergo wrote: »
    I had the same problem, it was my Nvida card drivers, i uninstall the newest, and reinstall the older version... Problem solved.
    Which old version did you install? I am curious as I want to experiment to see for myself.
    I used 2 of the latest drivers that caused random crashes for the demo, (although very rare ones). However, 344.48 is a driver that I used which was causing stuttering but never witnessed a crash.

Im running with 355.82 drivers Nvidia. i have a geforce 760
  • I have the exact same problem.

Game freezes for a second, then goes white, then when I press anything, it comes up with..

" Application Timestamp: 55fc7502
    Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
    Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5098826e
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000000000003c5fd
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f099
    Additional Information 2: f0997393767ff8ec071b4489f988c465
    Additional Information 3: 1df0
    Additional Information 4: 1df0d7033aebfe96d15ef8a2e349df9d"

Happens randomly, I could play 4/5 games in one night and it'll be fine, then next game this'll happen. I've re-installed FIFA, repaired the installation, updated drivers and everything else. So frustrating.
  • Stenns
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I also have the same problem. Game randomly crashes every few matches. It became unplayable...
  • Hello i've tried all of the above nothing worked, until i got mad and deleted the Documents/Fifa16 folder entirely. This worked.
    I will provide updates if the crash's come back again.
    you brilliant son of a f-ck THIS WORKS!