The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Can you get banned for transferring coins between owned accounts

ArViNdNaIr
108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I have seen a few stories of people getting banned for transferring coins between their own accounts. Does this happen a lot?

Comments

• Depends how much you transfer, I would guess if it is a big amount like 50-100k+ then yes probably but if you consistantly do 2k, 5k...etc at different time then I doubt it.
  • RealBmo7
    498 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes you can, I got banned for transferring my daily account gift money to my main account in fifa 15 and it was only for 30k.
  • ArViNdNaIr
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    Yes you can, I got banned for transferring my daily account gift money to my main account in fifa 15 and it was only for 30k.

Did you get unbanned?
  • What if for example you had 100k on xbox one and asked someone else to exchange it for 100k on ps4?
  • RealBmo7
    498 posts Sunday League Hero
    ArViNdNaIr wrote: »

Did you get unbanned?

No, I logged a call with the advisor, they said they would investigate. A few days later i got an email to say I violated their rules etc etc.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    ArViNdNaIr wrote: »

Did you get unbanned?

No, I logged a call with the advisor, they said they would investigate. A few days later i got an email to say I violated their rules etc etc.

Yeah trading between multiple accounts is a violation, as it should be. Gives an undesirable advantage by getting around pack/reward limits, stacking promos, etc. They can and will ban for it.
  • Ronaldo
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    I ran in the house grabbed my clip with the mac 10 on the side of my hip
  • happyblue
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    Honestly I'm not sure anymore but you shouldn't make decisions based on FUD. Don't accept fear uncertainty and doubt.

For nearly a year on FUT15 three of us here often transferred coins. All on same two consoles with same IP address. All accounts were created on those same two consoles. I'm talking about millions of coins over time and no issues doing it. We all spent a lot on money on FIFA points too so maybe it has a bearing?

We continue to transfer coins regardless that someone said EA might be able to ban you by saying you are misusing your account when paying too much for an item. I don't care that it appears to have been said by @Rob in private. When it's kept private like that it's probably just FUD aka ****.
  • Kamilflage
    5687 posts Big Money Move
    I wouldn't risk it...they are cracking down hard this year and a lot of people have even been unfairly banned including myself with no resolution. It seems their automated ToS violation system is extra sensitive this year so don't do anything to trigger it!
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Ronaldo wrote: »
    I ran in the house grabbed my clip with the mac 10 on the side of my hip

Calm down Eazy E
  • D14
    3427 posts National Call-Up
    You aren't meant to have multiple accounts. If any trading activity is deemed suspicious then yes quite rightly you can be banned.
  • Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    Of course you can be banned.
  • Recoba
    4247 posts National Call-Up

No way.
  • Gale129
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Can you ask EA to do iz for you