✰ Martini Interactive League ✰

Mart
8014 posts League Winner
edited May 2015
2nsqom0.jpg
WG4VJxk.png
EbZ044z.png

Welcome to the first Interactive League on the new forums! Our Interactive Leagues were incredibly successful on the previous forum and with that in mind, @Cory and I have decided to bring it back, this time around in a different format. New forums, new rules.

Please do us both a favour, and read the entire OP before asking any questions. Running such a league takes a lot of time and effort and answering unnecessary questions will make it borderline unbearable for us.

VIRbZ6X.gif

How does it work?
How is the league set up?
Did I say league? I meant leagues! There will be two divisions - the Martini Premier League [MPL] and Development League [MDL]. The MPL consists of FC Porto, AS Monaco, AC Milan, Valencia CF, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Zenit St. Petersburg. The MDL consists of Ajax Amsterdam, Red Bull Salzburg, FC Basel, Celtic FC, FC Girondins de Bordeaux and RSC Anderlecht. Every team will play each other twice. With 6 clubs in every division it means that seasons will be short and exciting, with only 10 matches played over the course of a season.

Is there promotion and relegation?
Yes.

MPL: Places 4, 5 and 6 are relegated to the Martini Development League.
MDL: Places 1, 2 and 3 are promoted to the Martini Premier League.

Who will I be?
I don't know, nor do you. It will be completely random, you could end up in the first or second division based on nothing bar the luck of the draw. So please, don't attempt to claim a team.

What is my starter squad?
In previous Interactive Leagues the team you were assigned to had next to no relevance. All players would be cleared from the club and you were given randomized starter packs to determine the side you'd have at the start of the season. Not only was this very luck-based, it was also and incredibly tedious process and the format has been used nearly ten times. This time, you will get to keep the majority of your club's squad. You have to pick 11 players, this may be 3 goalkeepers and 8 defenders, 11 attackers or one player for every position, it's completely up to you.

How will I obtain more players?
You can obtain new players through packs and trades with fellow managers. Read the individual tabs on packs and trades further down.

Which players are in the game?
We will be using the 27 March 2015 database on FIFA15. I highly recommend you go to sofifa.com to check this database out. Not every player will be in the game, only players rated 70 and up will be available. Note: This excludes players rated 69 and below at the 12 available clubs, there players are available!

Are players split up into classes/tiers?
Yes, players are split up into tiers. From Elite down to Bench, I'm sure you can figure out which ones are more desirable than others. Otherwise, maybe pass on this Interactive League!

Elite players = 85+
Power players = 81-84
Talent players = 78-80
Depth players = 74-77
Bench players = 70-73

What are the minimum and maximum squad sizes?
You must have at least 16 players in your squad, watch out though: if through injury or suspension you are unable to field five substitutes, your upcoming match will automatically result in a 3-0 win for the opposing side. As for maximum, you're allowed to have as many players signed to your club as you want. However, you are only allowed to register 23 players for an upcoming season.

How will we set up our team?
Unfortunately, FIFA only allows us to change the line-up for the home team, unless the away team has a suspended or injured player in the starting XI and/or subs - in which case we can change both teams. For the first match day, we can change all line-ups as we will edit these in team management before setting up the league in tournament mode.

You will have to think of an available formation in FIFA15 and make a line up with 5 substitutes. Premier League managers will send their line-ups to @Cory, Development League managers will send their line-ups to @Mart. Please stick to the following format when submitting your team before every match day. Please name your PM as follows: "Team" "Matchday" - eg. Zenit MD6.
[center]Formation: [Enter]

Starting XI

[b]Substitutes:[/b]
Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5

[b]Captain:[/b]
[b]FK short:[/b]
[b]FK long:[/b]
[b]Penalties:[/b]
[b]Corner left:[/b]
[b]Corner right:[/b]
[b]Team play style:[/b] Default, Counter, High Pressure, Possession, Long Ball

[b]Player individual roles & duties:[/b]

[b]Player:[/b] Roles & Duties
etc.[/center]

It should look as follows:
Formation: 4-3-3(2)

Ronaldo - Aguero - Messi
Yaya - Iniesta
Matic
Marcelo - Ramos - Benatia - Danilo
Neuer

Substitutes:
Ospina
Monreal
Nasri
Modric
Suarez

Captain: Ramos
FK short: Messi
FK long: Ronaldo
Penalties: Messi
Corner left: Danilo
Corner right: Messi
Team play style: High Pressure

Player individual roles & duties:
Ronaldo: Cut inside, Run in Behind
Aguero: Run in behind
Yaya: Stay back while attacking
Marcelo: Default
etc.

How will we know the results?
We will stream some of the matches on TwitchTV and all results will be posted in the thread by @Cory and @Mart.

Squads as of 27 March 2015
Trading
Basics
To get players you can open packs and trade with other managers, there is no restriction on trading between leagues.

You may choose to do a player exchange:
Theo Walcott > Bordeaux
Graziano Pelle > Zenit

Pay a transfer fee for a player:
Theo Walcott > Bordeaux
£3.000.000 > Zenit

Or a P/Ex with an added fee:
Theo Walcott > Bordeaux
Graziano Pelle + £2.000.000 > Zenit

How to confirm at transfer
@Mart and @Cory will run the transfer updates together. Neither of them will do the transfers for one league specifically. To confirm a transfer, both managers must PM @Cory with the details of the transfer. If the details match, the transfer will be confirmed, budgets adjusted and the player will be yours.

When can we do transfers?
In between seasons, there is no mid-season transfer window. Specifics will be announced later.

Can we do loans?
No, Nein, Nee, Non.

Packs
Basics
Each team, every season gets a designated budget decided by the Martini Financial Fair Play Board and the money may be used on packs. Packs are the main source of finding new players however trading with others is also an option. Pack quality varies in the form of Elite, Power. Talent, Depth and Bench and are League Related (Find pack details below) and these range from £2m to £10m. You could adopt an aggressive pack policy by buying Elite packs in the hope of finding a Messi or Ronaldo however you may find that your squad lacks balance and depth. The decisions are entirely down to you,the manager, so spend wisely!

Elite - £10.000.000
10% Elite [1] – 10% Power [2] – 20% Talent [3-4] – 30% [5-7] Depth – 30% [8-10] Bench

Power - £8.000.000
15% [1-3] Power – 15% [4-6] Talent – 40% [7-15] Depth – 30% [16-20] Bench

Talent - £6.000.000
20% [1-2] Talent – 30% [3-5] Depth – 50% [6-10] Bench

Depth - £4.000.000
40% [1-4] Depth – 60% [5-10] Bench

Bench - £2.000.000
100% [N/A] Bench

Note: Since the best players in the world don't want to play in the second division, Elite and Power packs, coloured in red, are not available in the Martini Development League. Teams in the MDL may purchase Talent, Depth and Bench (coloured in green) packs. Teams competing in the Martini Premier League have all packs available to them.

How do I purchase a pack?
You send a message to either @Mart or @Cory with the pack type and amount.

Discards
Each team has a one time option to discard players they deem irrelevant to their club setup. Each player, rating related, is worth a certain amount and may be discarded for this. This money will enter your transfer budget and you may do as you wish with the money, from there on. Since you can only discard players one every window, make sure to time your discards right to maximize the profit you gain from them. PM @Cory to discard cards, the values are as follows:

Elite = £4.000.000
Power = £2.000.000
Talent = £1.000.000
Depth = £500.000
Bench = Released on a free

Budgets, Prize Money, Relegation & Promotion regulations
Basics
Each season, every team will receive performance related prize money. These vary depending on what league you are entering/exiting/remaining and these allow for promoted teams and relegated teams to be competitive relative to the team quality in that division.

Martini Premier League
Team 1 - £10.000.000
Team 2 - £10.000.000
Team 3 - £10.000.000
Team 4 - £5.000.000 + Relegation release clause activated
Team 5 - £5.000.000 + Relegation release clause activated
Team 6 - £5.000.000 + Relegation release clause activated

Martini Development League
Team 1 - £20.000.000 – First choice at picking relegated player
Team 2 - £20.000.000 – Second choice at picking relegated player
Team 3 - £20.000.000 – Third choice at picking relegated player
Team 4 - £15.000.000
Team 5 - £15.000.000
Team 6 - £15.000.000

What is a relegation release clause?
Relegated teams will lose their highest rated player. Promoted teams, in order of finishing position, may choose to purchase this player for a £5.000.000 fee. This fee, however, will not go to the selling club. These picks at the end of the season only have to be confirmed by the promoted clubs.

Spreadsheet
If you want to join, please leave your previous forum name in your post so we know who you are. We're also begging you, please join only if you have the time to be active and put some effort into it, also if you're rock bottom in your league. We put a lot of time and effort into this and we will not hesitate to kick people and/or stop the league if the activity is below the desirable amount.

Also, read the bloody OP. Entirely.

Players
Forumer - Team
NEED REPLACEMENT - FC Basel
@Ning - RB Salzburg
@Alex02 - Borussia Mönchengladbach
@greed378 - Zenit St. Petersburg
@wth22 - AS Monaco
ll Cazorla ll - Celtic FC
@Ace - AFC Ajax
@Vert - FC Porto
@Terminator - RSC Anderlecht
@Gamerking17 - FC Girondins de Bordeaux
@Sloosh - Valencia CF
@Farlz - AC Milan
Pro Era - Montpellier HSC
@Drewinho - Panathinaikos FC
@IAmDean - SC Braga
@Cory - SC Freiburg

// @Cory & @Mart
Post edited by LT on

Comments

• Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    Martini Qualification League TOTW

Week #1
    61d3efc4f5592607be537a674f7c94de.png

TOTW 2
    f37f91f0948ae9e570e9ff7c273d70e4.png
    Post edited by Mart on
  • Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    edited July 2017
    UFz3for.png
    0ftxC1G.jpg

Post edited by Mart on
  • Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    Reserved.
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2015
    Past Winners

Martini Premier League
    Season 1 - Valencia CF - @Sloosh
    Season 2 - FC Porto - @Vert

Martini Development League
    Season 1 - FC Girondins de Bordeaux - @Gamerking17
    Season 2 - Zenit St Petersburg - @Greed378

Martini Non League
    Season 2 - SC Braga - @IAmDean
    Post edited by Cory on
  • Cory
    edited April 2015
    -
    Post edited by Cory on
  • Cory
    edited April 2015
    Cory wrote: »
    Who to PM!

Since there's a lot going on, use this list to find out what's PM'd where. There's a few little changes so here they are.

MPL + MNL Line Ups - @Cory
    MDL Line Ups @Mart
    All Transfers @Cory
    All Discards @Cory
    All Packs (Season 2 Only) @Mart
    MNL 11 Players @Cory
    Post edited by Cory on
  • Cory
    Reserve
  • wth22
    10013 posts Has That Special Something
    reserve
  • Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    wth22 wrote: »
    reserve

Sid pal. :/
  • Alex02
    2740 posts Fans' Favourite
    reserve

• Greed378
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sure I'm in
  • wth22
    Mart wrote: »
    reserve

Mart pal o:)

• Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    reserve

This mean you're in? o:)
  • wth22
    reserve

This mean you're in? o:)
    Yeah count me in :grin:
  • Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    Neat. Noted. :)
  • Cory
    5/12 places taken, I'm off out for a little while but it's still first come first serve as long as your active.
  • II Cazorla II
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm in :) love these x
  • Ace
    4489 posts National Call-Up
    Might join. If possible can you keep a spot free till the evening?
  • Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    Ace wrote: »

It depends on how many people are willing to join and how quickly they join. It should be full within an hour or two and that's when I was planning on starting immediately.

I can't guarantee you a spot if you choose to wait, sorry. :confused: If you wait and it's full before you confirm your spot, I'll put you #1 reserve.
  • Ace
    4489 posts National Call-Up
    Ace wrote: »

It depends on how many people are willing to join and how quickly they join. It should be full within an hour or two and that's when I was planning on starting immediately.

I can't guarantee you a spot if you choose to wait, sorry. :confused: If you wait and it's full before you confirm your spot, I'll put you #1 reserve.

I'll join then.
  • Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    Noted.
  • Mart
    8014 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    Five spots left. Will draw the teams when it's full.

I got to go but I will be back within the hour.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    Don't know if i'd join because i only understand like half of it, but that isn't your faults.
    :/
  • Cory
    Terminator wrote: »
    Don't know if i'd join because i only understand like half of it, but that isn't your faults.
    Feel free to ask a few questions.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    Cory wrote: »
    Feel free to ask a few questions.
    Sorry if it took long :worried:
    I just reread a bit,
    But here we go
    So you start with 11 players you picked from your team, and you need 5 other players (minimum). I can only get those players through packs and trading with different managers right?
  • Cory
    Sorry if it took long :worried:
    I just reread a bit,
    But here we go
    So you start with 11 players you picked from your team, and you need 5 other players (minimum). I can only get those players through packs and trading with different managers right?
    Correct, you can get your other players through packs and trading. There's 4 players in each pack so you'll have a squad in no time and then you can trade freely.
  • Vert
    15436 posts World Class
    I'll join, got loads of free time for the next month or so
  • Cory
    Vert wrote: »
    I'll join, got loads of free time for the next month or so
    Yeah sure.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    I guess i'll join aswell then :D