Gameplay Update?

CalStew94
60 posts Park Captain
Does anyone think there will be a gameplay update soon?

I've seen a lot of people thinking the same thing as me about the game, it needs to be updated imo. I just think it's too slow, I get that they've made it like that. But, what I don't like is the fact that I can have a 10 yard head start with a 90+ pace player, for example Bale, then someone like Gary Cahill catches him and dispossess him. I mean, this game isn't right if that is happening. I had Zlatan get out-paced by Mertersacker, no word of a lie.

Comments

• PTYBROZZ
    724 posts Sunday League Hero
    CalStew94 wrote: »

I've seen a lot of people thinking the same thing as me about the game, it needs to be updated imo. I just think it's too slow, I get that they've made it like that. But, what I don't like is the fact that I can have a 10 yard head start with a 90+ pace player, for example Bale, then someone like Gary Cahill catches him and dispossess him. I mean, this game isn't right if that is happening. I had Zlatan get out-paced by Mertersacker, no word of a lie.

Gary Cahill is one of the paciest high rated CBS, he was able to catch bale even in fifa 15 XD. Speed is OK IMO, they just need to tone down interceptions a bit and this game will be just PERFECT.
  • The Legend
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    This game is built to favor just high pressure abusers, simple as that.
    It's a kind of a big abuse & is not fun at all, I don't like pace abuse too but it's much easier to play against pace abusers than to play against high pressure abusers which kills completely the taste of football.
  • CalStew94
    60 posts Park Captain
    Yeah exactly, I understand that. But if I'm 10 yards ahead, I don't think he should be catching him, ever... Yeah, they should update the interceptions 100%
  • Flatision
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    They either need to improve pass accuracy or tone down high pressure massively. Or both.

Looking at previous years we get 1 gameplay patch usually.
  • Fumbler
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    PTYBROZZ wrote: »

Gary Cahill is one of the paciest high rated CBS, he was able to catch bale even in fifa 15 XD. Speed is OK IMO, they just need to tone down interceptions a bit and this game will be just PERFECT.

Enough with the interception bashing. There's nothing wrong with that part of the game. Learn to pass properly. Without the AI interceptions, the game would go back to previous FIFA's where you could pass the ball from your CB to your Striker in 1-2 passes at will. There was never a need for a midfield game until this year. Talk about no skill.

They need to make stamina matter even more so these muppets let go of the sprint button while they're playing defense. Contain needs to go away so people have to move their players manually. Finally, get rid of auto tackle and make people actually press the button to make a tackle.

If they did those 3 things, this game would be perfect.

• CalStew94
    60 posts Park Captain
    I agree with you @Fumbler about the auto tackle and containing, so annoying.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Fumbler wrote: »
    PTYBROZZ wrote: »

Enough with the interception bashing. There's nothing wrong with that part of the game. Learn to pass properly. Without the AI interceptions, the game would go back to previous FIFA's where you could pass the ball from your CB to your Striker in 1-2 passes at will. There was never a need for a midfield game until this year. Talk about no skill.

They need to make stamina matter even more so these muppets let go of the sprint button while they're playing defense. Contain needs to go away so people have to move their players manually. Finally, get rid of auto tackle and make people actually press the button to make a tackle.

If they did those 3 things, this game would be perfect.

Couldn't agree more!
  • Mediocentro
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2015
    Who holds contain to defend? If so you're ❤️❤️❤️❤️, learn how to play the game manually and stop relying on the game to do it for you.
  • TylerDurden1987
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Who holds contain to defend? If so you're ❤️❤️❤️❤️, learn how to play the game manually and stop relying on the game to do it for you.

Well...Everybody does.

• Mediocentro
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2015

Well...Everybody does.

I don't, it was overpowered enough but this year is bit of a joke, FIFA was better without it, it should be a skill to defend not just hold down a button.
  • TylerDurden1987
    I'm with you on this. Doesn't change the fact, that we're the exception.
  • RedDevil8588
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The Legend wrote: »
    This game is built to favor just high pressure abusers, simple as that.
    It's a kind of a big abuse & is not fun at all, I don't like pace abuse too but it's much easier to play against pace abusers than to play against high pressure abusers which kills completely the taste of football.

Totally agree...
    This game was built for high pressure abusers ...
  • RadioShaq
    16051 posts Moderator
    Yes they are going to make offense manual and take away high speed and passing. Literally everyone abuses offense.
  • euroverclock
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I don't agree, last year almost everyone just abused pace to score, this year the gameplay is based on tactics finally, it is more realistic, a player with the ball can't just dribble and outpace a whole team in the real world without having a heart attack at least, why should it happen here ? Don't you think it is time for ppl to play realistically instead of relying on just a long pass and one shoot to score? Just learn to play
  • FlashDelirium
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Last year the game was fun even with the exploits. The gameplay moved forward, midfield was actually *easier* and had some reward. There has been no reward this year, very little payoff after a series of nice moves and strategy. Usually you get easily displaced in the box after a tortuously genius set of midfield pass and dribbles.

That is what I can say, I swear at my TV every game against an online opponent. I had to shut off my mic because I didn't want my opponent to hear me saying I hope his ******* mother stumbles upon a time machine and accidentally, Back to the Future style, has the time automatically set to Hitler time and she has to scrub his balls and inject his meth and then 60 years later she gets arrested for war crimes as an accessory and spends the last 5 years of her twilight in a max security prison even though the ball scrubbing was not her cup of tea to begin with.

• TylerDurden1987
    Last year the game was fun even with the exploits. The gameplay moved forward, midfield was actually *easier* and had some reward. There has been no reward this year, very little payoff after a series of nice moves and strategy. Usually you get easily displaced in the box after a tortuously genius set of midfield pass and dribbles.

That is what I can say, I swear at my TV every game against an online opponent. I had to shut off my mic because I didn't want my opponent to hear me saying I hope his ******* mother stumbles upon a time machine and accidentally, Back to the Future style, has the time automatically set to Hitler time and she has to scrub his balls and inject his meth and then 60 years later she gets arrested for war crimes as an accessory and spends the last 5 years of her twilight in a max security prison even though the ball scrubbing was not her cup of tea to begin with.

Lol I had to laugh so much :D Haven't cursed this much on a video game since COD:MW3
  • Scotticus
    81 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2015
    The more I've played, I've somewhat developed a epiphany about Fifa 16.

To me it's gone from the Fifa 15's 1 2 or 3 pass scything of the opposition like two samurai's engaged in honorable combat to Fifa 16's chess match which is a major step in a different direction.

It's now a game of patience and execution and by absolute no means is this game perfect but It's one where you are very much learning a completely new game.

Referees are awful though, It seems you can't make much contact without a foul being given somehow.

I don't really think passing is as bad as some people are making it out to be. I believe it's just a case of not being able to get away with passes we used to get away with on 15 and the midfield actually doing something right defensively instead of letting them through.

• FlashDelirium
    edited September 2015
    Scotticus wrote: »
    The more I've played, I've somewhat developed a epiphany about Fifa 16.

To me it's gone from the Fifa 15's 1 2 or 3 pass scything of the opposition like two samurai's engaged in honorable combat to Fifa 16's chess match which is a major step in a different direction.

It's now a game of patience and execution and by absolute no means is this game perfect but It's one where you are very much learning a completely new game.

Referees are awful though, It seems you can't make much contact without a foul being given somehow.

I don't really think passing is as bad as some people are making it out to be. I believe it's just a case of not being able to get away with passes we used to get away with on 15 and the midfield actually doing something right defensively instead of letting them through.

EA went in the right direction, but there is a fatal flaw that eliminates the direction they went in. You can't play the way the wanted you to play. They wanted a real game with an Arsenal style attack with buildup and skilled possession, so they took away quick strikes, they didn't intend for the defense upgrade to swarm the buildup so easily.
  • Scotticus
    81 posts Park Captain

EA went in the right direction, but there is a fatal flaw that eliminates the direction they went in. You can't play the way the wanted you to play. They wanted a real game with an Arsenal style attack with buildup and skilled possession, so they took away quick strikes, they didn't intend for the defense upgrade to swarm the buildup so easily.

I understand your point. I think pressure is one of those things where the perfecting the balance has to be rigorous and calculated right in all aspects of the match otherwise we end up in situations like this where people are being pressed for the entirety of the match or close to it.

Aside from that, I think shooting needs a bit of a buff, I just find that laces shots feel very lackluster and weak at times.

• "Does anyone think there will be a gameplay update soon?"
    I do believe, yes. There was one last year too.
    Personally I do believe patch is needed, but not a mayor one, just some things need to be toned down a bit.
  • Craglyboy
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The build up is so much more rewarding this year imo, last year it felt too formulaic like you do this then that then shoot at near post and your guaranteed a goal, this year you have several way to skin a cat. I've had people bomb down the wing and put in amazing balls, I've seen people just try and counter to a lesser success, people actually pass around now and you feel like you have a chance to knick a ball if you read the game properly instead of the ping pong passing of previous years.

I don't agree with this mentality that pace means you shouldn't have a player chasing you catch up. Firstly your dribbling it's always been the same in real life it's very rare that you actually see a defender get left for dust.

I will say that sometimes the passing feels like your playing in treacle, then you tap a throughball wide and it is always intercepted when you try and play through a gap you have created. And my shooting is horrendous but I don't feel entitled to score like I did in the formulaic situations you set up in previous iterations of FIFA.
  • FlashDelirium
    If you have set up a through ball, you should get some payoff, but alas, it will end up 5 yards (sorry American here) short or the AI will pass it to the wrong guy. I think, honestly, I am going to learn manual offense better, and try to find manual only players