Banned from bidding again..

ElBarco
430 posts Sunday League Hero
This keeps happening to me. I understand it's to stop autobuyers, but surely they could do something to help out the players for once and put something in to prove you're a human and unban you. Now I have to wait 7 hours again to trade. I can't get on the console because I'm not getting my copy until Wednesday and had been planning for weeks to spend the time before I got it trading on the web app.
Now EA keep blocking me from bidding because I'm trading too much.
I refuse to buy packs or FIFA points so this is the only way I can make coins and it's very annoying getting punished for simply playing the game. ( again! after price ranges last year )

Put the players first for once and do something to show we are actually valued.

Comments

• Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    rekt scrub
  • ElBarco
    Dog wrote: »
    rekt scrub
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I'd prefer adults only to respond. I know that's asking a lot on here as it's cretin central but still..
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Yeah its BS. Actual people who play/trade/etc pay the price because EA cant protect their product effectively. Ive been locked out for an hour now and I wasnt spamming. I was merely buying cards from 500-7k under lowest bin in the BPL and selling for market rate. I havent even been going fast about it. Its nonsense. We pay for a game, and they say trading is a part of the game. Now the definition of trading may differ from person to person but its outlined that you cant use 3rd party software to help you trade and they dont say 59th minute method is illegal. Shambolic
  • I have the exact same problem
  • RadioShaq
    15101 posts Moderator
    What causes this and is it only from the web app or both console too?
  • ElBarco
    I wasn't even using 59th minute. Was just buying at auction under price of cheapest bin and listing just over cheapest bin.
    From what I've read it's caused simply by you trading too much. No specific method is targeted. Just if you trade a lot you will be banned. Pathetic
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    ElBarco wrote: »
    I wasn't even using 59th minute. Was just buying at auction under price of cheapest bin and listing just over cheapest bin.
    From what I've read it's caused simply by you trading too much. No specific method is targeted. Just if you trade a lot you will be banned. Pathetic

Yeah that is what I figured. EA can take the ****. Im guessing they knew this would be a problem and people would complain. Since its the beginning of the game they figure, well maybe the guy really wants coins so if he is locked out from the legal method of making said coins, he could go and buy FP's.

Then about a month from now, they will go back to captcha and say they listened to their gamers. When, in fact, they knew it would be a polarizing issue to begin with.
  • happyblue
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    It sucks to be the target of retribution? :(

Is this the message you received:
    There was an error with your bid. Another team has bid higher than your most recent offer.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Honestly i'm glad EA did this. It balances it out. Some people invest like its their job. This gives everyone a fair share and protects the market.
  • ElBarco
    edited September 2015
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Honestly i'm glad EA did this. It balances it out. Some people invest like its their job. This gives everyone a fair share and protects the market.

It doesn't give a fair share as those on console are unaffected as far as I'm aware.
    happyblue wrote: »

There was an error with your bid. Another team has bid higher than your most recent offer.

I'm getting "You have either been outbid or the item is no longer available. Your bid was not accepted"

They can't even be straight up about it. Why not just say 'You're making more than we want you to so we're banning you for xhours' which from my count from yesterday is 7! ridiculous!!
  • happyblue

It doesn't give a fair share as those on console are unaffected as far as I'm aware.

I'm getting "You have either been outbid or the item is no longer available. Your bid was not accepted"

They can't even be straight up about it. Why not just say 'You're making more than we want you to so we're banning you for xhours' which from my count from yesterday is 7! rediculous!!
    Good news! It isn't a ban for bidding too often. The price you saw had already been outbid but your console hadn't received the new price. When you placed your bid the system rejected it because someone got there before you.

It's a trade-off EA deemed acceptable when EA redesigned the transfer market system in FUT15 to decrease the load on the servers.
  • ElBarco
    edited September 2015

They can't even be straight up about it. Why not just say 'You're making more than we want you to so we're banning you for xhours' which from my count from yesterday is 7! rediculous!!
    Good news! It isn't a ban for bidding too often. The price you saw had already been outbid but your console hadn't received the new price. When you placed your bid the system rejected it because someone got there before you.

It's a trade-off EA deemed acceptable when EA redesigned the transfer market system in FUT15 to decrease the load on the servers.

Not on console. And I can't bid on anything at all. Can't buy something buy it now. I am banned from bidding for trading too much for EA's liking.
  • happyblue
    Then how come I can't bid on anything else until the ban is lifted?
    Hmm, might help if you can make a recording of trying to bid on a few items?
  • ElBarco
    I go to bid on something and the error sentence quoted earlier in the thread appears each time. Pretty simple. Same as it did yesterday and it didn't stop until this morning. It's happening to lots of people who trade on the web app
  • JackLLx
    48 posts Park Captain
    I've been locked out since about 2PM this afternoon, how long does it last?
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Problem is that telling the difference between a bot spamming 59 min trades and a human doing it are fairly hard to distinguish - you have multiple requests in a short period of time and realistically if you're spamming you can't really tell if a bot just searched 200 times in 3 minutes or a person. Better to be cautious at this point then to let everything slide.
  • 808ubo's
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    close the f king webb app if this crap is cause my bots. but if get a 7 hour ban for stopping fifa well that bs. i getting ban on console but can place bids on the webb app. no logic to this rule. bot are part of the game when u got a web app in the game , get over it ea and build somat that can't get hacked.
  • ElBarco
    Fleshgod wrote: »
    Problem is that telling the difference between a bot spamming 59 min trades and a human doing it are fairly hard to distinguish - you have multiple requests in a short period of time and realistically if you're spamming you can't really tell if a bot just searched 200 times in 3 minutes or a person. Better to be cautious at this point then to let everything slide.

I'm all for banning bots. But at least give the human a chance to prove they're not a bot and get unbanned. It's not hard to do and the fact they haven't given that option tells me they want to cap people trading too because it's not good for their business model of selling FP and packs
  • libertao
    970 posts Professional
    lol, I just got kicked for scrolling through fitness cards too fast looking for a squad fitness. This is out of control.
  • deankenny
    77 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2015
    This thread needs to remain active!!!

The banning is getting out of hand now, if EA need any more proof than I have of that it is happening to us legit traders, then EA watch my stream and past broadcast, all legit HUMAN MANUAL trading, and I get random bans, sometimes it's a full lockout of the search function, then it's the can't bid/buy message.

There's no pattern to it. Cmon EA buck up, and like someone mentioned simply put something in place to unlock it all again, even if it's one of those stupid codes to your email stuff.
  • Mr Cow
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    Dog wrote: »
    rekt scrub
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I'd prefer adults only to respond. I know that's asking a lot on here as it's cretin central but still..

lol you just "rekt" that "scrub"
  • Never even knew you can get temporary ban for trading too much, wow EA f*cked up big time on that.
  • deankenny
    77 posts Park Captain
    Yep, my latest ban nearly been 24 hours now. I am doing a series on my stream, trading up to full legend squad etc. But apparently EA don't want people to enjoy watching and more importantly myself to enjoy trading up to that :(
  • Dowls
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I get kicked for trying to get to the 59th minute with certain filters or just when i'm trying to snipe. If they really need this filter they're just as well getting rid of the Web app so AB's are non existent.
  • deankenny
    77 posts Park Captain
    I don't even snipe. I mostly bid and sell on for small profits, but tend to turn over a hell of alot doing the bidding method. So not even sure how I got banned, when I don't spam search, or do AB's bid aswell, I asssumed they were always 59min things.
  • ElBarco
    deankenny wrote: »
    I don't even snipe. I mostly bid and sell on for small profits, but tend to turn over a hell of alot doing the bidding method. So not even sure how I got banned, when I don't spam search, or do AB's bid aswell, I asssumed they were always 59min things.

I'm starting to think this isn't about autobuyers and may actually be to curb people making too much profit. Like I've said before it's easy to verify if you're a human but you don't have that option despite it being a staple of the internet
  • deankenny
    77 posts Park Captain
    That would be a stupid idea if EA are doing that. It's a public marketplace, just like Forex, Stock Exchange etc, you need traders, buyers/sellers for the market to exist, it's a natural part of any market, and trading on FUT within itself has it's own fairly large fanbase including myself, who purely enjoy making coins from grinding out the transfer market for good deals.
  • Dowls
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you're sniping/bidding or just looking. It's down to the number of actions/requests you make a minute.
  • benhoward12
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You can't limit to the amount of trading time, people chose to do it as much as they want, needs to be fixed 100%
  • deankenny
    77 posts Park Captain
    You can't limit to the amount of trading time, people chose to do it as much as they want, needs to be fixed 100%

AGREED!