Brightness?

Gelbs
19 posts Last Pick at the Park
Anyone else feel that sometimes the brightness is too dark by default on the game? What's weird too, is that during cutscenes it's brighter. But during gameplay it's more duller :/

Comments

• Yes I've noticed the same thing. It is very annoying. And the brightness settings screen doesn't seem to work. There is no way to adjust in game, just with my TV. Don't think that would make a difference anyway. Hope they fix this.
  • Gelbs
    Kinda noticed the same in FIFA 15, too mate. I can adjust it too via my monitor, by setting it to 'Game' mode. But I never play with that setting as always hurts my eyes. Stupid how you can't adjust the game brightness itself.
  • Gelbs
    I thought it might be to do with the stadium and shadows and lighting or something, lol.
  • Eddie
    728 posts Semi-Pro
    Think the lighting is poor myself. Overcast games look like it's nearly nighttime and the floodlights aren't on. Goalposts are grey instead of white.

Game looks pretty poor for current gen compared to other sports games.
  • ViVaWhom
    8241 posts League Winner
    yep, the nets are also always grey instead of white (like in FIFA 15)

game overall just looks ugly tbh
  • Gelbs
    Yeah. Doesn't look right. Same **** as every year. 90 per cent the same all the time. They haven't even bothered giving players tattoos apart from the obvious players i.e. Messi etc.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    edited September 2015
    Eddie wrote: »
    Overcast games look like it's nearly nighttime and the floodlights aren't on. Goalposts are grey instead of white.

Hey, Eddie!
    What is about your report regarding grey posts and net?
    I played few matches but still didn't play in damp conditions.
  • Steph3998
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wake up devs !
  • Eddie
    728 posts Semi-Pro
    Eddie wrote: »
    Overcast games look like it's nearly nighttime and the floodlights aren't on. Goalposts are grey instead of white.

Hey, Eddie!
    What is about your report regarding grey posts and net?
    I played few matches but still didn't play in damp conditions.

No feedback from EA if that's what you mean? I'm hoping they patch it because it looks awful and wasn't an issue last year but I'm not holding my breath.

Play a friendly at while hart lane in overcast/rainy conditions and you'll see what I mean.
  • rsca_rsca
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same problem here!! Anyone else?
    EA, please fix this!!
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Brightness is strange. All in all little too dark. Then some Cams much darker. Also pro clubs ... when you are in a club ... the screen background where you see your pro is very dark.
  • rsca_rsca
    Indeed!!
  • Same here. Seems dark, adjusting doesnt work. Looks fine on cut scenes and corners. As you camera pans back you can see the colours change.
  • SimonDT
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah playing at SOL 3pm kickoff on clear day it looks dark and when zooming a 1 second change to brighter picture and for replays very bright compared to the dark pitch, it should not be dark I have checked back today with 15 and was perfect
  • rsca_rsca
    EA, please fix this!!
  • PegasusXXVI
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    What I've noticed since like ever, the game needs a little more saturation, players look pale and the pitch isn't green green.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    What I've noticed since like ever, the game needs a little more saturation, players look pale and the pitch isn't green green.

Yup they messed that up in Fifa 12 as people were complaining the lighting wasn't as good as PES, lol, so they matched it colour-wise for Fifa 12, basically took all the colour out of everything :joy: WC 2010 & Fifa 11 looked great!!

Clueless they are!!
  • rsca_rsca
    I noticed when I'm playing on a sunny day, it gets dark when I'm goal kicking with my GK when he is under a shadow, as well as everytime I'm freekicking or taking a corner under a shadow...
  • Still not fixed after update today. Is everyone else using the digital download version of fifa 16?
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    It was never going to be in this patch as the patch notes didn't mention it.

Hopefully it will be in the 3rd patch.
  • Definitely a brightness/contrast problem during clear day game play (XboxOne). Levels appear far too dark on the field during gameplay or extremely bright (over saturated) during cut-scenes/set pieces.

Overcast play doesn't appear to experience same brightness problem. Suspect devs haven't mastered sun/shadow lighting technique. Can only assume EA is well aware and working on it!?
  • I have this problem too. Too bright in cutscenes, too dark in normal game play.
  • I'm experiencing the exact same problem, the cutscenes and practice arena brightness is fine but the brightness and contrast during a game (when set on clear day) is ridiculous, even after turning every light off in the room, the display appears very dark and dull. I've ruled out my TV settings as I have played around with the display settings quite a bit. This needs fixed ASAP or everyone will just sack FIFA off next year and get PES.
  • Yes spot on, The brightness is bizarre in FIFA 16.
  • Alexd250
    60 posts Park Captain
    Same here
  • rsca_rsca
    Same here!! :(
  • kakashi_ax
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2015
    I have this problem too, I hope EA will fix this soon because it's annoying :/

P.S. I told about this problem on the bug thread and someone replied me saying that it looks better in gameplay than in cut scenes xD
    Post edited by kakashi_ax on
  • Alexd250
    60 posts Park Captain
    I hope they fix the brightness issue on the next patch, sometimes I feel my eyes itching while playing !
  • rsca_rsca
    Is it fixed or better with the new patch?
  • kakashi_ax
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    rsca_rsca wrote: »
    Is it fixed or better with the new patch?

IT'S NOT.