Lower Packs weights - fut draft reason

duf
1675 posts Play-Off Hero
edited September 2015
i wondered how can ea adjust to that really good prizes in fut draft. I already said that people shouldnt get to overexcited about that, because if they gain so much from it, the prices for players will be significantly higher on te market as well

People moan all the time about nt in the packs of course. I could be wrong, but i believe that they might have lowered weights in those in order to put it even with givaways from draft.

I think that it completely make sense and thats why people are so dissappinted after openings.

Comments

  • BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year
    It's all about luck
  • Michaelvb86
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    It's all about luck

    And EA changed cardweight so you need even more luck.
  • JFunN
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I fail to believe it is luck, this is a change, 100% i have spent a stupid amount on packs, over 100k FIFA points... and my higest pull is 83 Joe Hart, and 79 inform... best pulls, not lying... everyone is complaining, it is like they are broke, i keep getting the same players... and it seems every packs, the rares are 2 contracts and a +30 squad fitness.. no way it can stay like this...

    Plus people i know have spent over 200k fifa points.. and they can't believe it, it seems a struggle to even pack people like 84 rated this year... dreadful
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Look on the transfer market
    See the big players?
    They were all packed mate
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    It's all about luck

    sure it is, but yet think there are more people disgusted so far than in the past. This simply makes sense to me and it could be an explanation how to make it even with fut draft giveaways. People will get frustrated, but they always did, and yet they will buy it again. No harm done and no influence on the market as it will get even after all

    Just sharing this idea
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ive pulled no one yet
    Not disgusted tho its to be expected mate
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2015
    slickus wrote: »
    Ive pulled no one yet
    Not disgusted tho its to be expected mate

    And just to be clear. I am not saying anything is rigged hehe and i completely understand it. I know how business works and i open some packs even though i know what are the chances of getting anything, but still its fun for me(not for the kids, as they find this gamble emotions and it might affect them in the future)
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ive never once thought of packs as gambling
    Assume every pack will be rubbish
    Now n again you might get something decent
  • RadioShaq
    15972 posts Moderator
    Of all the years on here Ive never seen anyone say packs are good or even decent.
  • JFunN
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    slickus wrote: »
    Look on the transfer market
    See the big players?
    They were all packed mate

    Argument is irrelevant, of course they were all packed, doesn't mean pack weight is good, especially as at the start of FIFA and with an IF Ronaldo, the amount of packs being opened are crazy high... this is the most profitable part of the year expect the Jan TOTY
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    JFunN wrote: »
    slickus wrote: »
    Look on the transfer market
    See the big players?
    They were all packed mate

    Argument is irrelevant, of course they were all packed, doesn't mean pack weight is good, especially as at the start of FIFA and with an IF Ronaldo, the amount of packs being opened are crazy high... this is the most profitable part of the year expect the Jan TOTY

    Its not irrelevant mate
    Those players were packed anyone can pack them at any time
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    slickus wrote: »
    JFunN wrote: »
    slickus wrote: »
    Look on the transfer market
    See the big players?
    They were all packed mate

    Argument is irrelevant, of course they were all packed, doesn't mean pack weight is good, especially as at the start of FIFA and with an IF Ronaldo, the amount of packs being opened are crazy high... this is the most profitable part of the year expect the Jan TOTY

    Its not irrelevant mate
    Those players were packed anyone can pack them at any time

    No ones said otherwise? But the ratio of good pulls to bad pulls is at an all time low IMO and I've been playing several years. If you spent £50 a couple of years ago you'd get a good return, if you spend £50 now you get pretty much nothing but discards

    The variable is the cardweights which is clearly lower than ever. I've watched about 10 hours of streamed pack openings and no one is getting anything even worth keeping.
  • Foregone Conclusion
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    slickus wrote: »
    JFunN wrote: »
    slickus wrote: »
    Look on the transfer market
    See the big players?
    They were all packed mate

    Argument is irrelevant, of course they were all packed, doesn't mean pack weight is good, especially as at the start of FIFA and with an IF Ronaldo, the amount of packs being opened are crazy high... this is the most profitable part of the year expect the Jan TOTY

    Its not irrelevant mate
    Those players were packed anyone can pack them at any time

    No ones said otherwise? But the ratio of good pulls to bad pulls is at an all time low IMO and I've been playing several years. If you spent £50 a couple of years ago you'd get a good return, if you spend £50 now you get pretty much nothing but discards

    The variable is the cardweights which is clearly lower than ever. I've watched about 10 hours of streamed pack openings and no one is getting anything even worth keeping.

    I spend 12k points yesterday, the best players i got was in an web app daily gift - giroud.
    I had no player over 82 rated in my squad after opening 80 packs.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    slickus wrote: »
    JFunN wrote: »
    slickus wrote: »
    Look on the transfer market
    See the big players?
    They were all packed mate

    Argument is irrelevant, of course they were all packed, doesn't mean pack weight is good, especially as at the start of FIFA and with an IF Ronaldo, the amount of packs being opened are crazy high... this is the most profitable part of the year expect the Jan TOTY

    Its not irrelevant mate
    Those players were packed anyone can pack them at any time

    No ones said otherwise? But the ratio of good pulls to bad pulls is at an all time low IMO and I've been playing several years. If you spent £50 a couple of years ago you'd get a good return, if you spend £50 now you get pretty much nothing but discards

    The variable is the cardweights which is clearly lower than ever. I've watched about 10 hours of streamed pack openings and no one is getting anything even worth keeping.

    I spend 12k points yesterday, the best players i got was in an web app daily gift - giroud.
    I had no player over 82 rated in my squad after opening 80 packs.

    Precisely. Although packs are luck, in previous years that would have got you a pretty decent selection of useable players. At the moment it's pack after pack of discards. Most rares are position changes and contracts and not even players.
  • leon1309
    4210 posts National Call-Up
    Yes i agree, packs seemed to have changed. At a certain amount of packs you usually got atleast a few semi decent players (up to 86 rating or so), this year my highest pull so far is 81 rated.

    I to tend to belive they tweeked something due to implementation of draft, but this might backfire it is true (or not, as people are sheep).
  • Airwokker
    77 posts Park Captain
    I counted the number of rare gold players I got after opening 12k ppints worth of packs and it was approximately 1 rare player per 2 packs. That is definitely a lot lower than previous years.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Airwokker wrote: »
    I counted the number of rare gold players I got after opening 12k ppints worth of packs and it was approximately 1 rare player per 2 packs. That is definitely a lot lower than previous years.

    should ne renamed to:
    Premium Gold Pack
    Contains 12 items all gold and 2 rare consumables and 1 rare player or not trololol
  • Alkane
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Airwokker wrote: »
    I counted the number of rare gold players I got after opening 12k ppints worth of packs and it was approximately 1 rare player per 2 packs. That is definitely a lot lower than previous years.
    Not to mention the vast majority being 75-77 rated rares.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2015
    Alkane wrote: »
    Airwokker wrote: »
    I counted the number of rare gold players I got after opening 12k ppints worth of packs and it was approximately 1 rare player per 2 packs. That is definitely a lot lower than previous years.
    Not to mention the vast majority being 75-77 rated rares.

    thats Lucky, i get 3 rare and 2 of the are physio
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Cardweight will stay low until the full game comes out unfortunately
  • tjlewis10
    35 posts Park Captain
    I believe that the bought packs will continue to be garbage. This is to stop all of these Youtubers from opening 200k Fifa points and getting tons of coins and messing up the market with coin selling. I think the card weight will be higher on the packs for the draft because they want you to be rewarded by actually playing the game this year! Just my 2 cents.....
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2015
    Cardweight will stay low until the full game comes out unfortunately

    It doesnt matter if game is on early access or full release. Come on. Hoping that it can change when game is released is naive :) and in wrong way, not the same as hoping to pack someone good.

    From what i see myself so far, this 7.5k packs look more like old 5k packs
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    I barely do that, but in the "waiting zone" i just lost over an hour of my life by watching on twitch some guy opening packs for 36k fp. He grabbed Mata, Mandzukic and IF Enyama and rest of the garbabe. Like 400 players about
  • Uncle Remus
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    duf wrote: »
    I barely do that, but in the "waiting zone" i just lost over an hour of my life by watching on twitch some guy opening packs for 36k fp. He grabbed Mata, Mandzukic and IF Enyama and rest of the garbabe. Like 400 players about

    /cringe
  • rockhounds9
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Not to play too heavily into this theory, but I have bought 12K Fifa points worth of packs (always do to kick start my season) and got absolutely nothing worthy. On the flip side, I've played 8 games (won the FUT draft online twice) and in the free packs from that I've gotten an IF, Sterling, several 80-83 players and MESSI. I couldn't believe my eyes when the pack opening showed RW then Argentina, then Barcelona, then Messi (for those of you familiar with the new pack opening process). Needless to say, I will be using any remaining FIFA points or coins on FUT draft and not packs, since from personal experience (which could easily be just luck), my pack luck for winning FUT drafts is absolutely insane.
  • tjlewis10 wrote: »
    I believe that the bought packs will continue to be garbage. This is to stop all of these Youtubers from opening 200k Fifa points and getting tons of coins and messing up the market with coin selling. I think the card weight will be higher on the packs for the draft because they want you to be rewarded by actually playing the game this year! Just my 2 cents.....

    I believe this theory is failed as it already looks like the likes of Bateson and a few others have already completed Ultimate Team :)
  • Illini McG
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    will pack weight increase after midnight tonight?????
Sign In or Register to comment.