►►► The Serie A Lounge (14/15) ◄◄◄

Comments

• AIeks
    5078 posts Big Money Move
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »

Well, if you can convert a striker to a trequartista, you would resolve your "balance" problems...
    Is Balo just on a loan?
    Yes, he is. Balo would have enough skill and vision to play there, but the possible problems would be his ball hogging and laziness to track back.

"ball hogging" from a trequartista.
    Kinda defeats the purpose. :D
    Does, doesnt it :D It really depends on his mood, whether he fancies passing it or not.

• Alemas_2012
    17560 posts World Class

Well, if you can convert a striker to a trequartista, you would resolve your "balance" problems...
    Is Balo just on a loan?
    Yes, he is. Balo would have enough skill and vision to play there, but the possible problems would be his ball hogging and laziness to track back.

Does, doesnt it :D It really depends on his mood, whether he fancies passing it or not.

Depends on whether he wants a free-kick or not.
  • AIeks

Is Balo just on a loan?

Oh, you noticed too :D

• Alemas_2012
    17560 posts World Class

Is Balo just on a loan?

Oh, you noticed too :D

Indeed I did. :)
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    I missed the derby as we took my father out for dinner on his birthday. Will try to catch up with some highlights now.
  • hoban95
    54896 posts National Treasure

Is Balo just on a loan?

:joy:
  • Joe
    4586 posts National Call-Up
    Always sweet to win the derby. Managed to watch a bit of it on my phone.. pretty even game, but Inter have too many new starters so once our players get to know each other it will look better. Also Miranda is curical to our defense, without him our defense is back to being poor.

Bottom line 9 out of 9, solid start. Only the good performences are lacking now, yet I am sure it is just about time. Also people who judge Perisic after 1 game lol.. get a grip. Real life is not ultimate team. You cannot expect everything to tick perfectly with 6 new starters in matter of seconds.
  • MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    If i was the coach i would try to play with this:

Bacca-Adriano
    Balotelli
    Bonaventura-Montolivo-De Jong
    Antonelli-Romagnoli-Zapata/Mexes-Abate
    Lopez

If balo would play well as a trequartista, then use him there till the end of the season and buy a proper one in the summer. Wouldnt try Menez, he has total tunnel vision. Bonaventura would be needed more in the midfield 3. He offers some much needed pace and creativity there.

If Balo doesnt work, then use Honda and try buying one (trequartista) in January and then rotate Balo between Bacca and Adriano.

They should go after Vazquez but I doubt Palermo will sell him before the summer.
  • Lights
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Romagnoli, this kid is 20 years old. Wonderful anticipation and positioning tonight. He looked so composed out there, playing in that atmosphere. Incredible stuff, can't wait to watch him develop for us.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Seemed like a pretty even match from what I saw in the highlights.

Perhaps a draw would have been a more just result. Nice goal from Guarin though,
  • AIeks
    Lights wrote: »
    Romagnoli, this kid is 20 years old. Wonderful anticipation and positioning tonight. He looked so composed out there, playing in that atmosphere. Incredible stuff, can't wait to watch him develop for us.
    There was that one instance in the first half, when we got countered and he just looked over his shoulder to see where the Inter player was (Icardi iirc) and moved to cover for Zapata who was out of position and then moments later did the exact same thing when Abate was off to somewhere. Both times had he not been there, there would of been a big risk of us conceading. He was very good indeed. Being so young and staying focused like that in a difficult situation and in a match with high emotions, was great to see.

• Big Matty T
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite

Bacca-Adriano
    Balotelli
    Lopez

If balo would play well as a trequartista, then use him there till the end of the season and buy a proper one in the summer. Wouldnt try Menez, he has total tunnel vision. Bonaventura would be needed more in the midfield 3. He offers some much needed pace and creativity there.

If Balo doesnt work, then use Honda and try buying one (trequartista) in January and then rotate Balo between Bacca and Adriano.

I like your formation, I think this is what I would go with if I was asked to make the lineup

Zapata also looked fairly good for most of the match...I would let him and Romagnoli try to develop some chemistry

I think we have had a lot of defensive problems in recent years because they try a different CB pairing in every match...hard to get it going that way
  • AIeks

Perhaps a draw would have been a more just result. Nice goal from Guarin though,
    In the first half, especially in the first 30 minutes Inter didnt really create much. Just passing to the side near the center circle for the majority of the time. Adriano could of easily had at least 2 goals in the first half. Second half, it seemed like Inter were more relaxed and especially for the first few minutes, were putting more pressure on. Then it was pretty even for a while, after that Guarin scored and Inter pretty much parked the bus. Balo was unlucky not to score the shot that hit the post, he already had Handanovic beat and then a little later he had another chance from the free kick, which unfortunately Handanovic saved.

Im not saying Milan deserved to win, although it was by far our best performance of the season so far. Just dont think Inter were that good and that a draw would of been a better result, like you said.

• Big Matty T

In the first half, especially in the first 30 minutes Inter didnt really create much. Just passing to the side near the center circle for the majority of the time. Adriano could of easily had at least 2 goals in the first half. Second half, it seemed like Inter were more relaxed and especially for the first few minutes, were putting more pressure on. Then it was pretty even for a while, after that Guarin scored and Inter pretty much parked the bus. Balo was unlucky not to score the shot that hit the post, he already had Handanovic beat and then a little later he had another chance from the free kick, which unfortunately Handanovic saved.

Im not saying Milan deserved to win, although it was by far our best performance of the season so far. Just dont think Inter were that good and that a draw would of been a better result, like you said.

Funny how it works out like i said earlier

we did not deserve to beat Empoli, but we did

we deserved at least a point vs Inter, but we lost

bottom line is 3 points from 3 games...not good...but at least there were some signs of improvement

Hopefully a few more tweaks to the lineup as we said and we'll see a string of good results
  • AIeks

Bacca-Adriano
    Balotelli
    Lopez

I like your formation, I think this is what I would go with if I was asked to make the lineup

Zapata also looked fairly good for most of the match...I would let him and Romagnoli try to develop some chemistry

I think we have had a lot of defensive problems in recent years because they try a different CB pairing in every match...hard to get it going that way
    Yea, i agree Zapata was good tonight. I put Mexes there as i rather like him, although he is not that great of a defender, out of position too often. It's just something i cant quite put my finger on, maybe it's the goals he scores every once in a while :)

Romagnoli is a starter, no question about it. Mexes would be, could be, more of a sub for Zapata in case of injuries, or a sudden dip in form etc. He does usually play much better when he gets more consistent playing time, which hasnt really happened in quite a while.

• AIeks

bottom line is 3 points from 3 games...not good...but at least there were some signs of improvement

Hopefully a few more tweaks to the lineup as we said and we'll see a string of good results
    I hope im wrong, but i doubt that this team as it is, is cabable of bringing CL football. If we are lets say in top 5 come January and make 2 signings in the transfer window (midfielder and a trequartista) we could make a push for top 3.

Think the team is good enough, on paper at least to get into top 5, but top 3 might just be too much to ask.

The deal with Bee should go through by the end of the month, so maybe, just maybe we see that little bit more money spent in January.

Wouldnt mind Ibra surprise either ;)

• Big Matty T

I hope im wrong, but i doubt that this team as it is, is cabable of bringing CL football. If we are lets say in top 5 come January and make 2 signings in the transfer window (midfielder and a trequartista) we could make a push for top 3.

Think the team is good enough, on paper at least to get into top 5, but top 3 might just be too much to ask.

The deal with Bee should go through by the end of the month, so maybe, just maybe we see that little bit more money spent in January.

I still don't think the Bee deal will happen

I'll believe it when the ink is dry on the sale contract
  • AIeks

I still don't think the Bee deal will happen

I'll believe it when the ink is dry on the sale contract
    Pessimist is never disappointed! I just want to Beelieve :D

• ForzaJuveee
    328 posts Sunday League Hero
    Marchisio out for 30 days :( Just imagine if Pogba gets injured now
  • Keith
    2390 posts Moderator
    Hi folks,

Lounge ownership is being decided for the FUT16 forums (which launch Wednesday at midday). If people are happy to continue with @Edoardo then I'm happy with that, or if people want to PM me to apply that's fine too. This is your lounge so let me know your thoughts :)

Cheers
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    I think Edoardo should get it again. If he doesn't want it I guess I could make it like previous years.

As long as no one random gets it, i.e someone that isn't a regular in here already.
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    No chance Eduardo should get it, no juve fan should get it.
  • Alemas_2012
    17560 posts World Class
    Edoardo for me...
  • AIeks
    Edoardo is fine. Cant have Rick with that much power ;)
  • ForzaJuveee
    Kurt wrote: »
    No chance Eduardo should get it, no juve fan should get it.
    Yeah I think you should get it!!!
  • Edoardo
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keith wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Lounge ownership is being decided for the FUT16 forums (which launch Wednesday at midday). If people are happy to continue with @Edoardo then I'm happy with that, or if people want to PM me to apply that's fine too. This is your lounge so let me know your thoughts :)

Cheers

I don't think i will buy FIFA 16 , so it's better if another user get the Lounge ownership

• Keith
    2390 posts Moderator
    Edoardo wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Cheers

I don't think i will buy FIFA 16 , so it's better if another user get the Lounge ownership

We may need a new owner then :)
  • ForzaJuveee
    Look at this XI that deluded city fan made of City and Juve :D
    Whole defensive line should be juve players ffs. http://www.juvefc.com/manchester-city-v-juventus-champions-league-qa/
  • Alemas_2012
    17560 posts World Class
    edited September 2015
    Hi folks,

Cheers

Nooooooo, Edoardo... :'(
  • Edoardo
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hi folks,

Cheers

Nooooooo, Edoardo... :'(

I'm sorry , i really won't have much time this year