►►► The Serie A Lounge (14/15) ◄◄◄

Comments

• HamzasEgo
    643 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think Milan were the better team, shame we couldn't convert one of those chances

Most of the team played well. Monto surprised me especially. Sadly Honda can't start, Balo/Bona/Menez should be playing there

I still don't think Inter will finish higher than Milan. They rely so heavily on Jovetic and he's so injury prone
  • LoboNobo
    6461 posts Big Money Move
    Big win for Inter, definitely title contenders this season with Juve and Roma.

Still not convinced theyre that good but time will tell
    Me neither, but hey at least they have been better than us :D
    Title contenders? Not yet, only 3 games played.
    They do look dangerous though.
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class
    Milan's chance/goal ratio is as bad as ours. :D Luiz Adriano could have scored 3...
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kondogbia and Murillo second half were out of this world. Jovetic amazing 1st half but overall Handanovic, Guarin and Melo.

We have what it takes to be champions period. We're not the prettiest team, but we have the required qualities to become champions.

We're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league, la la la la la la la la
  • Big Matty T
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite
    HamzasEgo wrote: »
    I think Milan were the better team, shame we couldn't convert one of those chances

Most of the team played well. Monto surprised me especially. Sadly Honda can't start, Balo/Bona/Menez should be playing there

I still don't think Inter will finish higher than Milan. They rely so heavily on Jovetic and he's so injury prone

Yea i think we just need a little more tinkering with the lineup

Monto and Kucka actually impressed me...but those two with dejong might not be very good

Agree with you about honda...and as i said earlier id like to see balo behind adriano and bacca
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class
    I must say, though, I didn't expect Balotelli to have that impact. Liverpool fans must be wondering why he couldn't perform like that for them. :D
  • HamzasEgo

Yea i think we just need a little more tinkering with the lineup

Monto and Kucka actually impressed me...but those two with dejong might not be very good

Agree with you about honda...and as i said earlier id like to see balo behind adriano and bacca

Yeah atm Berto - Monto - Kucka is our best midfield with Bona behind the strikers

Romagnoli was fantastic today, just wish he would stop trying risky passes
  • HamzasEgo
    Yeah Kondogbia was so good

Passing the ball away as soon as someone with a Milan jersey came within 5 yards of him
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class

Passing the ball away as soon as someone with a Milan jersey came within 5 yards of him

I wasn't really impressed with him either. Not worth the price Inter paid...
  • HamzasEgo

But didn't you read what the Inter fan posted above?

He was "out of this world"

• Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite

Better then wasting the money on the refs and then only being able to afford Hernanes
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class

But didn't you read what the Inter fan posted above?

He was "out of this world"

Allow me to have a different opinion than him! :D
  • AIeks
    5078 posts Big Money Move
    Honda was pretty bad, created nothing.

It's not often i want Balo to score, but i did tonight, and he was so close twice...

Kucka was ok. Monto played pretty well, but to sort that midfield out, we need someone better than Kucka. De Jong offers no creativity, but neither does Kucka tbh. He is quite dynamic and eager to go forwards, which is good for a mestalla.

Balo looked like getting tired already towards the end, but when he gets more fit, i wouldnt be totally against the idea of playing him as a trequartista. He wouldnt track back though and i doubt Miha would be ok with that.

Weird substitution from Miha to bring on Balo for Bacca as Adriano was quite poor tonight and it would of made more sense to replace him. Dont want to ever see Cerci play for us again either.

Really quite annoyed that Inter won as i dont think they were very good. Lol at the guy who said Kondogbia MOTM. I havent seen the official statistics, but i doubt that anyone gave the ball away more than he did.
  • AIeks
    Btw i dont think Bonaventura is our best option as a trquartista, whilst he is quite skillfull, he just simply doesnt have the vision to play there effectively.

One thing that annoyed me with Balo was that he had literally been on the field for less than 2 minutes and already had had a go at 2 of his team mates (Kucka for touching the cross and Bonaventura for not passing) and the ref.
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »

It's not often i want Balo to score, but i did tonight, and he was so close twice...

Kucka was ok. Monto played pretty well, but to sort that midfield out, we need someone better than Kucka. De Jong offers no creativity, but neither does Kucka tbh. He is quite dynamic and eager to go forwards, which is good for a mestalla.

Balo looked like getting tired already towards the end, but when he gets more fit, i wouldnt be totally against the idea of playing him as a trequartista. He wouldnt track back though and i doubt Miha would be ok with that.

Weird substitution from Miha to bring on Balo for Bacca as Adriano was quite poor tonight and it would of made more sense to replace him. Dont want to ever see Cerci play for us again either.

Really quite annoyed that Inter won as i dont think they were very good. Lol at the guy who said Kondogbia MOTM. I havent seen the official statistics, but i doubt that anyone gave the ball away more than he did.

You are right...
    U1bAKXG.png
  • AIeks
    36 times!?
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class
    edited September 2015

You are right...
    U1bAKXG.png

No, mate, that's for the team. The dots represent Kondogbia's losses of possession. He lost the ball the most in comparison to his Inter team-mates.
    Milan lost the ball the most.
  • AIeks
    Yea, yea i got that on second look, but 36 was what i was shocked at for the overall...
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class
    Yea, yea i got that on second look, but 36 was what i was shocked at for the overall...

Ah, I see.
    You can have a look at all the stats here...
  • AIeks

Ah, I see.
    I looked at them, but those stats do not look accurate, i must say. Would like to know their definition for losing posession. Is it just when you are clearly disposessed, or when you misplace a pass or get fouled...

• Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class

Ah, I see.
    I looked at them, but those stats do not look accurate, i must say. Would like to know their definition for losing posession. Is it just when you are clearly disposessed, or when you misplace a pass or get fouled...

If you click on "Loss of possession", a little box appears underneath with "Type". There's "dispossessed" (which I assume means tackled) and "turnover" (which I assume means misplaced passes).
  • AIeks

Ah, I see.

If you click on "Loss of possession", a little box appears underneath with "Type". There's "dispossessed" (which I assume means tackled) and "turnover" (which I assume means misplaced passes).
    It still shows that Kondogbia only lost posession 4 times overall. ''Disposessed'' once and on the ''Turnover'' 3 times.

• AIeks
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class
    edited September 2015

Ah, I see.

It still shows that Kondogbia only lost posession 4 times overall. ''Disposessed'' once and on the ''Turnover'' 3 times.

*Shrugs*
    Opta would be the more reliable choice, but they don't give their stats for free, I think.
  • AIeks

Ah, I see.

*Shrugs*
    Opta would be the more reliable choice, but they don't give their stats for free.
    Dont think Balo lost posession once either. And where the map shows that he lost them on the turnover makes no sense either.

• I want to see balotelli with adriano and bacca

Yes, this. Can't be worse than Honda.
  • Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class

Well, if you can convert a striker to a trequartista, you would resolve your "balance" problems...
    Is Balo just on a loan?
  • AIeks

Well, if you can convert a striker to a trequartista, you would resolve your "balance" problems...
    Is Balo just on a loan?
    Yes, he is. Balo would have enough skill and vision to play there, but the possible problems would be his ball hogging and laziness to track back.

• Alemas_2012
    17549 posts World Class

Is Balo just on a loan?
    Yes, he is. Balo would have enough skill and vision to play there, but the possible problems would be his ball hogging and laziness to track back.

"ball hogging" from a trequartista.
    Kinda defeats the purpose. :D
  • AIeks
    If i was the coach i would try to play with this:

Bacca-Adriano
    Balotelli
    Bonaventura-Montolivo-De Jong
    Antonelli-Romagnoli-Zapata/Mexes-Abate
    Lopez

If balo would play well as a trequartista, then use him there till the end of the season and buy a proper one in the summer. Wouldnt try Menez, he has total tunnel vision. Bonaventura would be needed more in the midfield 3. He offers some much needed pace and creativity there.

If Balo doesnt work, then use Honda and try buying one (trequartista) in January and then rotate Balo between Bacca and Adriano.