The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Career Mode Wishlist

Comments

• JT1867_
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Npower Championship Stadiums
    Interactions with board as to the amount they sell an unsettled player for
    Sort out homesickness
    Give lower league teams more money/make enquiries not give off silly amounts
    Show the overall of players in your league as irl you have to scout them anyway
    Scout report on a team before you play them in order to set up your team
    Send out messages to your players who say for example 'Can I Play'
    Reply to media articles personally
    Ensure growth depends on form, not age

The most important ones are ability to reply to media and players, more media articles and also scout report on a team before a match
  • JT1867_
    3 posts Ball Boy
    JT1867_ wrote: »
    Npower Championship Stadiums
    Interactions with board as to the amount they sell an unsettled player for
    Sort out homesickness
    Give lower league teams more money/make enquiries not give off silly amounts
    Show the overall of players in your league as irl you have to scout them anyway
    Scout report on a team before you play them in order to set up your team
    Send out messages to your players who say for example 'Can I Play'
    Reply to media articles personally
    Ensure growth depends on form, not age

The most important ones are ability to reply to media and players, more media articles and also scout report on a team before a match

Also International Breaks for the Championship and FL branding
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    * Transfer money you save up should carry over!!! For some reason every transfer window it gets reset and you lose it all :s totally ruins CM...
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    * An option to change captain, I should be able to press O for example on a player and it sets them as captain, every time I sub my captain off the player who replaces him automatically gets the armband, this simple button config option would fix this..

* Please add the option to keep the penalty guide ON, so I can chose the exact place i want to place my penalty, this isn't hurting anyone offline.
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Improved Player Career.

* If you're not named in the starting XI, it is currently impossible to be on the bench. The match could either be watched or simmed until(or if) you're brought on.
    * Should be able to play both international games, currently only can play one?

*Training mode - Skill games could be completed at the end of every month, chance to improve stats depending on skill game.

*More cut scenes[has been mentioned above]
  • World club cup
    World xi team announced
    League toty
    Players turn into coaches when retired
    U21s team/ reserve team squad
  • ShadowGamer330
    82 posts Park Captain
    FIFA 16 CAREER SUGGESTIONS!

16 Manager Career improvements for FIFA 16

1) Reserve Leagues/U-21/Youth Leagues etc that play in the background so players still get games and young players can develop. You should be able to decide on the teams and who plays but don't play the actual game.
    You can also give the players things to work on that you want for the future.
    E.g. Get them to be physically strong.
    Another idea for this is to give younger players occasional call-ups to the first team to either give them a chance and see how they do or if you are having an injury crisis or whatever without having to give them a first team contract where they are unlikely to play. Under current circumstances, younger players demand to be given a contract or leave. You give them a contract to keep them but then you barely play them and if they don't go out on loan, they are just sat there.
    With this feature, players would be able to develop more.
    This feature would really help the development of the club and help you to engage more with it other than just getting practically useless updates each month like you do at the moment.

2) More transfer options:
    • Being able to request players from other clubs with transfer offers
    • Being able to receive counter offers WITH players as well as money from other club
    • Having the emergency loan period and being able to sign free agents at any time like real life
    • When receiving offers, other clubs can offer players as well as money. You can also request other players from them
    • Being able to trade with multiple players. Maybe double swap deals or something
    • Financial Fair Play rules. THIS SHOULD BE OPTIONAL WHEN SETTING UP THE SEASON. It would make it more realistic and challenging during the transfer period instead of being able to just splash away with Manchester City or whoever with all the money as fun as it is. It should be optional for players who want to challenge themselves a bit more
    • Pre-agreed contracts. Make it so you can offer players with a few months remaining on their contract early offers so you can get them on a free at the end of the season/January transfer period AT ANY TIME during the season
    • Pay to loan players. Like Falcao at Manchester United
    • Buy players and being able to loan them straight back. Would be good for younger players and developing your squad.

3) Pre-season improvements
    • Being able to choose who you want to play for friendly games
    • Having the ability to choose pre-season trips
    • Being able to receive friendly requests from other teams

4) More control over club (Like older versions)
    • Selecting kit sponsors
    • Being able to upgrade ground

5) Media influence. Maybe a manager rating so when you complete activities, they increase/decrease your manager rating and this determines how much money the board give you, players wanting/not wanting to play under you etc Other tasks could influence this including winning the league or getting a world class player and other things.
    • When talking to the media, give more options to reply and make it more detailed.
    • Being given situations to respond to. E.g. A young fan is in hospital. You can: Send reserve players, send first team players, send signed gifts, ignore.

6) Player training
    • Employing training staff (like scouts on Global Transfer Network)
    • Selecting what you want your team and individual players to work on
    • Being able to tell youth players what to work on
    • Possibly being able to train players to play in different positions. E.g. getting a CDM to play CAM or other things. Depending on how much the change is depends on how long it takes to make the full change.

7) Clubs offer you manager positions more often. International teams do it all the time and so therefore I think other clubs should be making job offers to you instead of us having to navigate to the option where you look through job openings and apply. Obviously keep the feature that allows you to apply for jobs, but add in a feature that allows other clubs to make job offers to you directly.
    Also, it could be made possible to apply for manager jobs that aren't actually open. E.g. Applying for the Real Madrid manager job even if they have a manager. If they are doing badly, they may accept and if not, will more likely decline.

8) Player interaction improved. When you get emails from unsettled players requesting more game time or a new contract, you should be able to reply. For example, if they ask for more wages, you should be able to respond with any of the following:
    • Wait until the end of the season, we don't have the funds
    • No, prove to me you are worth it (If they are playing badly or just in general if you want them to play for it)
    • No, not happening
    • Yes, we'll send you a new offer soon
    Depending on your response also affects the manager rating and your relationship with the player.

9) Board interactions. Make it so we can react with the board. Maybe they could ask if there are any particular targets you want and so they make the funds available (If you have a good relationship with them) and then you can respond with a list of players or positions you want to improve. They decide what they think you should get and then make funds available based on that.
    Maybe during the season, if you are performing poorly, they could email you threatening your job and you could reply saying "Give me time" or "Sack me then" or something.
    Generally, just add a few interactions with the board so you can develop/destroy a relationship with the board.

10) Being able to intervene during simulated matches. In older versions, you could intervene if your team was playing badly. Or even if you wanted to just go and join in thumping another team. Bring this back!!!

11) Medical staff. Add medical staff to improve injury time. Like global transfer network, you should have some medics, but be able to buy more/improve what you have.

12) Realistic next season aims. When I got promoted to the BPL with Derby County, my aim for the first season in the first tier was to win the title. I could have done it but realistically, it was not going to be the actual aim if they got promoted in real life.

13) Add pre-made situations. For example:
    • You start with a club battling relegation in January and you have to avoid the drop
    • You take over a mid-table team towards the end of the season and have to make a push for promotion/push for higher place if top tier.
    • In January, you take over a team who are doing really well, but have a small budget. You have to maintain the high position.
    Rewards for completing them should be XP and coins or maybe unlock some special boosts or something in the catalogue. (THIS COULD BE ADDED IN ALL GAME MODES. UNLOCKING SPECIAL CATALOGUE ITEMS FOR COMPLETING TASK. E.G. GETTING PROMOTED ON FUT, WINNING FIRST GAME ON ON-LINE SEASONS)

14) Other Mangers. They are REALLY boring. Other teams should sack their managers if they are doing badly and managers should move around to other clubs.

15) More leagues, teams and stadiums. This is just a general improvement but is a great one to do across all game modes. Add lower league stadiums as well (Championship, Ligue 2, Serie B, etc) and not just the big clubs. Maybe only add a few as it would take AGES to do them all.

16) Increase squad sizes so you can sign more players! Particularly for youth players. I can build a great squad with depth but then not have as much space for younger players to develop as I'd like. Either do this or add youth leagues etc because then this would really help in developing youth players.

Player Career

Don't play on this mode as much but one thing I would like is for your player to be able to be substituted on during the game as you are currently only subbed off or started. Would make it a bit more realistic.
    Also, a player rating system would be cool. Depending on how well you play increases your rating and this determines who makes offers for you. E.g. If you have a high rating, Barcelona want you and if you have a low rating, smaller teams will make offers for you.
    Media could influence the above as with managers, you are given tasks that you have to respond to and depending on your actions, you get a higher/lower rating.

Another Idea Completely

This is a new mode entirely. Maybe EA should make a mode when you can be the board. You get to decide on how much the manager gets to spend and you can recommend positions or players for him to buy/loan. You can set the targets (Win the league, achieve a high finish etc) and you should be able to replace the manager if he doesn't perform.

Would need to be quick to play as it would get boring after the transfer period if it is as slow as Manager and Player careers.

Open to suggestions on this as it is just an idea and I don't really know if it would work. I think it would be fun to try but is it really worth the effort? Drop some suggestions if you have any. :)
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    * Bring back practice matches in the Arena, so we can play practice matches to test formations etc..

* Allow the use of empty Licensed stadiums to use as the Arena stadium..
  • Dairee
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    1. Fans.
    - More songs and chants by fans. Eg: players name chanted.
    - More songs for lower league clubs instead of just big European and BPL teams. Eg: Liverpool sing You'll Never Walk Alone but Celtic don't?
    - Flares and pyro's.
    - Ultra's with things such as banner's, flares and pyro's.
    - Displays before European games, derbies, etc.

2. Realism.
    - Champions League and Europa League licenses.
    - More leagues.
    - More stadiums.

3. Kits.
    - Away goalkeeper jersey, not just one for the season. Eg. Joe Hart has wore yellow, green, purple and black kits this season for Man City.
    - Be able to edit kits for a new season.
    - If you're promoted from the Championship to the BPL, the badges on the jerseys and printing for the name and numbers should change. They should also change in Europe.
    - Sign new deals with companies that will give you a bigger transfer budget. Eg. Switch from Umbro jerseys to Nike jerseys.
    - Change the sponsor on the jerseys.

4. Communication.
    - Be able to have multiple choice options to talk to the press instead of being able to just praise or motivate your team.
    - Be able to respond to players who are unhappy with game time, squad role, etc.
    - Be able to tell a player why their not in the squad for a game. Eg: If you've a Champions League game a few days after a league game and you're resting your best players.

5. Player career.
    - Get boot/goalie glove deals. Get boots from a company such as Nike instead of having to unlock them.
    - Be able to sit on the bench instead of being dropped and not being involved in the game at all.
    - Be able to ask the manager to play you and talk to the manager.

6. Simming matches.
    - If you're losing during a match that you're simming, be able to join the game.
    - Be able to make subs during it instead of the computer making them.
    - If you're 1-0 up with a few minutes left, be able to put your team on defensive or if you're 1-0 down be able to go on all out attack.
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    I think "training" overall should be brought in.

Trying out formations could improve proficiency in that formation. Training can be set to each player, skill games brought in as "training".
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    REID_ARMY wrote: »
    I think "training" overall should be brought in.

Trying out formations could improve proficiency in that formation. Training can be set to each player, skill games brought in as "training".

Quality idea.

• RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    * Add the option to add my created Pro as a player into a Manager Career..
  • d48513
    4 posts Ball Boy
    I would like to be able to have a pre-season tournament.
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    For player career mode, you should start off with a trial game and how well you do in that dictates which level of team. If you do well you could be offered(multiple offers unlike currently) a big club to which you are likely loaned out or if you do okay you could be offered Lower teams and you have to start from the bottom. Could give greater diversity into leagues used etc.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    * Realistic Transfer Budgets & Prices: Man Utd stat with £33million!? Yet Pogba costs £70million alone, lol..
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    A reserve league will also help with young players you buy but can't get a game
  • IHW88
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 2015
    I dont really want the game to be too in depth as I am happy with the balance as it is just playing and signing/selling players.

The only things I really want to see is:

1. More youth player managing eg youth teams
    2. Manager interaction with the media
    3. Manager interaction with players (be able to respond/negotiate requests)
    4. GTN improved a little. I love the GTN feature but like what has already been said, I usually play lower leagues and they advise of players way out of your price range.
    5. Increase the career mode limit to more than 15 years
    6. I would also like a stat added when setting up your team that shows how many minutes of the last game, or overall game minutes, that player has played. Only reason I ask is to use it as a way of keeping track to help rotate the players and keep them happy.

Other than those things, Im enjoying the game as it is right now.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    IHW88 wrote: »
    I dont really want the game to be too in depth as I am happy with the balance as it is just playing and signing/selling players.

Wow.......
  • Alastair
    10123 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    You may be the first person I have ever seen say they don't want more detail. 499fd50bc713bfcdf2ab5a23c00c2d62.gif

I personally would love a game with FM's level of detail but FIFA gameplay. Although I don't expect to see anything like that for many years.
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • IHW88
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Well its called "Manager Mode" not own the club mode. So as I see it, yes hire staff etc but taking care of stuff like stadium upgrades, sponsors, or anything financial is not the role of the manager, its the player side of it. If I wanted that I would go with FM, but hey this is just my opinion :D
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Alastair wrote: »
    You may be the first person I have ever say they don't want more detail. 499fd50bc713bfcdf2ab5a23c00c2d62.gif

I personally would love a game with FM's level of detail but FIFA gameplay. Although I don't expect to see anything like that for many years.

THIS is what I'd love!
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    What would be good is if your assistant gave you a scout report of your upcoming opponent because when you get into the latter years you don't know half the players so they could be good or awful
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    * Realistic teams coming in for players, ive just had Wolfsburg offer me £11million for Dea Gea? lol!
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    * Realistic Job Offers: Im top of the league with Tottenham and getting offers to manage the Indian National Team!? Really EA? And throw in some club offers in there too, not just International teams..

* Transfer Offers: I've got players transfer listed and listed for loan and no one is making offers for them!?
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    IHW88 wrote: »
    Well its called "Manager Mode" not own the club mode. So as I see it, yes hire staff etc but taking care of stuff like stadium upgrades, sponsors, or anything financial is not the role of the manager, its the player side of it. If I wanted that I would go with FM, but hey this is just my opinion :D

I agree with this. I would like to concentrate on things a manager has to do.

So they could vastly improve the press conferences or the ability to select your training staff but I don't want to be picking sponsors etc.
  • There are tons of things I'de love to see in the Manager Mode, but I'll just want to add one extremely important (and probably simple) thing that I think would improve the career mode vastly.

History and stats! At the moment you arn't really playing a career, you're playing a series of individual seasons. I would love to be able to look at a players "profile page" and see a list of clubs, matches, goals, etc. for him during his career.

I know nothing about programming, but this couldn't be so hard to do. Here's my idea;
    When you're in the R3-menu, there could be one more page. It would have several rows, each showing one season. At the bottom you would see his career total.

For example, say you have a player from your academy;
    Season - Team - Matches - Goals - Assists

2014-15 - Man Utd - 4 - 0 - 0
    2015-16 - Man Utd - 12 - 2 - 4
    2016-17 - Man Utd - 31 - 8 - 4
    2017-18 - Man Utd - 32 - 16 - 8
    Total - 79 - 26 - 16

Also, I would like to see records being kept. Both for the leagues and teams (most games, top scorer, etc.).

This would make the game so much more enjoyable as you would have an incentive to play on, seeing something being created infront of your eyes. The depth of the statistics is one of the reasons why I enjoy FM and it's sad to see that FIFA has absolutely nothing. Atleast, give us a list of previous winners!
  • Because of the match rating-bug in the Player Career, you should be allowed to, after each game, edit your statistics for that game so they are correct. Correct number of dribles, passes, and of course the overall ranking. I see this as a fair "compromise" considering the state of the VP-career.
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gaupe123 wrote: »
    Because of the match rating-bug in the Player Career, you should be allowed to, after each game, edit your statistics for that game so they are correct. Correct number of dribles, passes, and of course the overall ranking. I see this as a fair "compromise" considering the state of the VP-career.

This should be correct in the first place! I would prefer they fixed it rather than leave it for us to sort out..
  • That was a post made a bit out of frustration, I must add :P
  • IHW88
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Gaupe123 wrote: »
    There are tons of things I'de love to see in the Manager Mode, but I'll just want to add one extremely important (and probably simple) thing that I think would improve the career mode vastly.

History and stats! At the moment you arn't really playing a career, you're playing a series of individual seasons. I would love to be able to look at a players "profile page" and see a list of clubs, matches, goals, etc. for him during his career.

I know nothing about programming, but this couldn't be so hard to do. Here's my idea;
    When you're in the R3-menu, there could be one more page. It would have several rows, each showing one season. At the bottom you would see his career total.

For example, say you have a player from your academy;
    Season - Team - Matches - Goals - Assists

2014-15 - Man Utd - 4 - 0 - 0
    2015-16 - Man Utd - 12 - 2 - 4
    2016-17 - Man Utd - 31 - 8 - 4
    2017-18 - Man Utd - 32 - 16 - 8
    Total - 79 - 26 - 16

Also, I would like to see records being kept. Both for the leagues and teams (most games, top scorer, etc.).

This would make the game so much more enjoyable as you would have an incentive to play on, seeing something being created infront of your eyes. The depth of the statistics is one of the reasons why I enjoy FM and it's sad to see that FIFA has absolutely nothing. Atleast, give us a list of previous winners!

Yes, same here. I love stats haha

I would also like to see stats of an upcoming fixture. Eg last time played, last 5 games played etc would be cool to see.