What's the hype about FUT Draft

Baners
10320 posts Has That Special Something
Not really sure I get it. From what I have seen you basically get 2 good players then a bunch of random cheap golds and sometimes a pointless silver and have to use them on poor chem. Sounds like it will get boring so fast...why the hype?

I get if the prizes are amazing but if not, it seems like that mode would die quickly

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    91136 posts Moderator
    #FutDraftHype #BBBBBBBBacon
  • Mantequilla
    1001 posts Professional
    I agree this mode does not excite me that much, just seems like a waste of coins.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    edited September 2015
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    #FutDraftHype #BBBBBBBBacon

#Thegreenmanwiththesomethinghand
    #BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBacon
  • NornIron
    15398 posts World Class
    I like it hopefully now i wont be facing the same team over and over again also like using different players.
  • Baners
    It looks like the same teams over and over again. Mostly Prem or la liga. Never going to use anything out of the big 4 leagues
  • Reus
    23567 posts Club Captain
    The prizes were very good in the beta
  • Shorneh
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Baners wrote: »
    It looks like the same teams over and over again. Mostly Prem or la liga. Never going to use anything out of the big 4 leagues

Think the point of the game mode is to be able to use the elite players without having to pay hundreds of thousands of coins, so everyone can try them, and add in the randomization and reward things so it's not like a loan thing.
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes your right mate you dont get it
    Only 2 good players? Ive not seen that
    Its a chance to play online with level teams n players
  • o Shootz o
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's a fun game mode, you are oblivious to who you will get to use and you have to make do with who you choose. It's there to use players you might not use if you just play the game normally and also a good way to try out new formations. The prizes you receive are dependant on how you do, but if you lose your first game you will get 15k worth of packs/items back, so the better you are the more you will get.

It's not the only thing in the game, but it's a new mode in UT so of course it will be hyped. If you are good enough it is a way of turning 15k into 100k worth of items/packs to then build your main team in UT.
  • nuno5645
    836 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's very expensive. why would i waste 15k coins in the start of fifa and then win packs for a reward instead of build my team and i won't use fifa points.
    i just hope that give us some draft tokens
  • Baners
    edited September 2015
    slickus wrote: »
    Yes your right mate you dont get it
    Only 2 good players? Ive not seen that
    Its a chance to play online with level teams n players

You have not been watching the streams then
  • happyblue
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    Basically FUT Draft is a fun way to spend money on the game. It's like buying packs but you get much more value from your money and you get to play matches with all sorts of random players you probably wouldn't otherwise have tried.

It's genius from the FIFA team, I can't wait.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    If I ever decide to play FUT Draft it will be offline on professional.
  • happyblue
    IDB wrote: »
    If I ever decide to play FUT Draft it will be offline on professional.
    Even playing on Ultimate will likely be fun thanks to the enhanced gameplay and extra precision they appear to have added to the game.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    It sounds like a great idea to reward skilled players. That is, if the game is skill based.
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's a bit different, FUT's been screaming for something new for a while so we'll see if this freshens up things a little. Seems like it has decent prizes and you'll probably try a few players and combinations you may never have considered.
  • Kiid
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sounds boring af
  • Wooly1203
    3440 posts National Call-Up
    Cory wrote: »
    It's a bit different, FUT's been screaming for something new for a while so we'll see if this freshens up things a little. Seems like it has decent prizes and you'll probably try a few players and combinations you may never have considered.

• Baners
    happyblue wrote: »
    Basically FUT Draft is a fun way to spend money on the game. It's like buying packs but you get much more value from your money and you get to play matches with all sorts of random players you probably wouldn't otherwise have tried.

You literally spend 300 Fifa points to put and average BPL team around a couple high rated players. How is that fun? I am sure the first couple times will be interesting but you will be building the same teams over and over.

Do you know why we wouldn't use those players? Cuz they aren't good. You can obviously choose to build an average team on normal ut if you wanted to try them.

I hope I am wrong by the way
  • Domination
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seems a waste of time to me
  • Baners wrote: »
    happyblue wrote: »

You literally spend 300 Fifa points to put and average BPL team around a couple high rated players. How is that fun? I am sure the first couple times will be interesting but you will be building the same teams over and over.

Do you know why we wouldn't use those players? Cuz they aren't good. You can obviously choose to build an average team on normal ut if you wanted to try them.

I hope I am wrong by the way

You spend 300FP, but you are guarnateed that amount back even if you lose the first game. If you win atleast 1 game, you're up. You win all 4, then you're laughing. Play it offline, it will be a great way to make coins.

The payout is equal to, or higher than the buy in everytime. Plus it will add variety, even if it's short term.

I'm in.

• BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year
    Looks fun. Nice way to try some players
  • happyblue
    It's an alternative to spending the 300 FIFA points directly on a 15K pack and playing standard FUT matches with what you get out of it.

The concern I have is that trading is likely to be much less profitable compared to before especially now spamming for profitable bargains appears to be thought of as an attack on the transfer market servers.

FUT Draft could be a worthwhile alternative to trading. I hope it won't be too competitive but of course even if it is it appears they give us the opportunity to play with two or three great players to help give our team the edge required to win matches.
  • Keano16
    680 posts Sunday League Hero
    15,000 coins seems alot. If the rewards are just packs Im not sure Id be that interested. Saving coins to buy players is often smarter.
  • Dan is Clutch
    33397 posts National Team Captain
    I had the beta and played it non stop. Never had more fun playing Fifa. Might be different when i have to pay for it but even then it will be worth it. The way i look at it is, if i'm going to buy packs, i'll just buy an entry into the draft instead.
  • nuno5645
    836 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Keano16 wrote: »
    15,000 coins seems alot. If the rewards are just packs Im not sure Id be that interested. Saving coins to buy players is often smarter.

• Baners
    You get your value of coins back every single time you play? That would be strange....oh well, I will try it. Hopefully it is fun
  • Croat
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think it sounds fun, you get a lot more variety and hopefully won't be playing the same teams every time
  • Baners
    Croat wrote: »
    I think it sounds fun, you get a lot more variety and hopefully won't be playing the same teams every time

That's the thing, you literally select players based on how common they are so you can get links. It will be the most common players used
  • Hipster
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    how much is 300 fifa points in terms of actual currency