The new Futhead format is awful.

Comments

• IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    holdenwait wrote: »
    IDB wrote: »
    I can't even switch cards because the card popping up is blocking it...

Here's what I mean

https://gyazo.com/348197ffa7a7988c7fc1fab77bbe7be3

exactly this.. first thing that needs fixing really

Doesn't do that for me. I think it's a browser issue.

tried chrome after firefox. still happening..

Both chrome and firefox work for me. Weird how it does that for you.
  • holdenwait
    73624 posts Icon
    edited August 2015
    hmmm, weird.. another guy said it was happening too. I'm on a Mac but all Java-Flash etc is up to date as far as I know. same thing on Safari..
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    edited August 2015
    FutheadDan wrote: »
    Liam W wrote: »
    I like it much, much more. Each to their own. Also Futhead > Futwiz etc.

Only reason to use Futwiz is generations squad builder which Futhead doesn't have for some reason.

We'll have Generations and Custom builder by game launch.

@FutheadDan

but will u have web app preview tho?

I think the new design is much more silky and a positive improvement... price ranges way too big though?
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    This is my concept on what I think it should look like after the new update and inspired by the old layout.

a72dbfa19d588d4474d35050c1dfeda8.png

Obviously the 'Like' button and the extra cards are both in an awkward spot imo, and don't be fooled by the stats being cut off, they'll line up because I went with the card layout for stats-->

PAC -- DRI
    SHO -- DEF
    PAS -- PHY

PAC, SHO and PAS add up to 14 total IG stats, and DRI, DEF and PHY add up to 14 IG stats, therefore it's aligned perfectly. Also, the stats could be more separated (on mine), doesn't look good crammed beside each other. Some of it needs to be lined up better too.

:)

@FutheadDan What do you think?

Also, I don't like the numbers for IG stats being so small, this is one of the main reasons I use futhead over futwiz, it's bad on the eyes imo.

@FutheadDan this looks awesome what do you think ?

looks really good! @FutheadDan quick before FUTWIZ steal it.
  • IDB wrote: »
    This is my concept on what I think it should look like after the new update and inspired by the old layout.

Obviously the 'Like' button and the extra cards are both in an awkward spot imo, and don't be fooled by the stats being cut off, they'll line up because I went with the card layout for stats-->

PAC -- DRI
    SHO -- DEF
    PAS -- PHY

PAC, SHO and PAS add up to 14 total IG stats, and DRI, DEF and PHY add up to 14 IG stats, therefore it's aligned perfectly. Also, the stats could be more separated (on mine), doesn't look good crammed beside each other. Some of it needs to be lined up better too.

Also, I don't like the numbers for IG stats being so small, this is one of the main reasons I use futhead over futwiz, it's bad on the eyes imo.

So I like this, I'll see what I can do to implement.

One of the purposes of redesigning is to have only 3 real layouts we have to manage:

1240+ - large screens, the vast majority.
    1239 - Mobile - small screens, around ~5% of our traffic
    Mobile

I think 1240+ looks pretty great. I like this layout for 1239 better, but will have to play around with it.

One thing we'll definitely do is bold / background color the IGS. They need to pop more.
  • kktalha
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can't even switch cards because the card popping up is blocking it...

Here's what I mean

https://gyazo.com/348197ffa7a7988c7fc1fab77bbe7be3

exactly this.. first thing that needs fixing really

Doesn't do that for me. I think it's a browser issue.

tried chrome after firefox. still happening..

Both chrome and firefox work for me. Weird how it does that for you.
    hmmm, weird.. another guy said it was happening too. I'm on a Mac but all Java-Flash etc is up to date as far as I know. same thing on Safari..
    Probably a resolution issue.
  • LoboNobo
    6508 posts Big Money Move
    I think it's great, loved it straight away. GJ!
  • kktalha
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite

PAC -- DRI
    SHO -- DEF
    PAS -- PHY

So I like this, I'll see what I can do to implement.

One of the purposes of redesigning is to have only 3 real layouts we have to manage:

1240+ - large screens, the vast majority.
    1239 - Mobile - small screens, around ~5% of our traffic
    Mobile

I think 1240+ looks pretty great. I like this layout for 1239 better, but will have to play around with it.

One thing we'll definitely do is bold / background color the IGS. They need to pop more.

YES. Please do that.
  • Just focusing on cleaning up the current design - https://i.imgur.com/I3pzx41.jpg any better?
  • BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year
    Just focusing on cleaning up the current design - https://i.imgur.com/I3pzx41.jpg any better?

Looks good Dan. Got used to it and actually like it more than the old design now.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just focusing on cleaning up the current design - https://i.imgur.com/I3pzx41.jpg any better?

It looks very good. The colors look really nice.
  • RycoGFX
    752 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes, looks good
  • ScorcherPrime
    3709 posts National Call-Up
    RycoGFX wrote: »
    Yes, looks good

Agreed.
  • o Shootz o
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love the way you have grouped the stats to which particular section they represent, that looks really cool!
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    Imo the colors of the ig could be more saturated.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class

I'll take anything at this point.

The new layout is unbearable on mobile. Which is all I virtually use.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Definitely agree with the others - looks great in that mock-up. Best stats are clearly seen.

One thing though, over time the price info becomes 'less pertinent' than some of the other bits - WF, skills, height, WR's & traits.

Possible to move those into the header section rather - something like this?
    hdNcx2f.jpg
  • simsieg
    9494 posts League Winner
    Another small suggestion:

Not sure how others "read" the stats of a card on FUT but I always start on the left from top to bottom and then top Right to bottom. Would make sense for me if the different stat categories would be in that order too.

So pace, shooting, passing, dribbling, defending, physical. Currently it's pace, dribbling, shooting, defending, passing, physical. Would make more sense to have defending next to physical imo.

Would be interested to hear how others read the card stats, but this is something that has been a bit confusing to me with the new layout so far.
  • Hicksy2011
    18899 posts World Class
    Looks very good Dan I like it
  • simsieg wrote: »

Not sure how others "read" the stats of a card on FUT but I always start on the left from top to bottom and then top Right to bottom. Would make sense for me if the different stat categories would be in that order too.

So pace, shooting, passing, dribbling, defending, physical. Currently it's pace, dribbling, shooting, defending, passing, physical. Would make more sense to have defending next to physical imo.

Would be interested to hear how others read the card stats, but this is something that has been a bit confusing to me with the new layout so far.

I do this as well, but would love to hear others.
  • MemphisDepay
    6020 posts Big Money Move
    Hate it
  • Hate it

Any actionable feedback?
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    I read like this:
    PAC - DRI - SHO - DEF - PAS - PHY.
  • simsieg
    9494 posts League Winner
    simsieg wrote: »

Just change it, you're the guy in charge :innocent:
  • Dawud
    16136 posts World Class
    de4dac123b26c41fda7e44e4b13bf604.png

Fix this hyperlink. You know what it is.
  • Wordlesspoet8
    3185 posts National Call-Up
    I'd prefer if the stats were lined up like on the cards:
    PAC DRI
    SHO DEF
    PAS PHY
  • VanBasten12
    simsieg wrote: »

Definitely top -down, left to right. It's the way my brain works :)

• IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2015
    I made a new concept with the new provided image. I left one of the stat bars the same just for comparison. Fixed all the alignment issues (bar the new ones obviously), but please excuse the different-ish font (took me ages to find the font and make it look alike), and the unaligned stats, I'm not very good with photoshop.

1b6524b7f68c93c4a81ccc4c93fd0e78.png

@FutheadDan

• VanBasten12
    @IDB My only concern with shading is that it's ok when looking at shading on green, but what does it look like across the others - red through to yellow & orange?
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2015
    @IDB My only concern with shading is that it's ok when looking at shading on green, but what does it look like across the others - red through to yellow & orange?

Red is in my pic but..

It would look the same as on this:

I3pzx41.jpg